The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amir Khan vs Zab Judah - The Unification Begins

+36
BoxingFan88
Raymond
Sugar Boy Sweetie
d260005p
milkyboy
Valero's Conscience
bhb001
Pedro147
paullevesque
coxy0001
Mind the windows Tino.
Seanusarrilius
Adam D
John Bloody Wayne
Steffan
BALTIMORA
The genius of PBF
Imperial Ghosty
joeyjojo618
eddyfightfan
TRUSSMAN66
Young_Towzer
HumanWindmill
AlexHuckerby
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Daz
Michaels, Sean
Union Cane
Rowley
Lumbering_Jack
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
paperbag_puncher
The Galveston Giant
Fists of Fury
Scottrf
Primetime
40 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Amir Khan vs Zab Judah - The Unification Begins - Page 2 Empty Amir Khan Documentary on Primetime Next Week

Post by Primetime Wed 13 Jul 2011, 10:16 am

First topic message reminder :

Here's a 5 min preview of an Amir Khan documentary to air on Primetime next week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrKhFRnHUcc

Full length documentary will be 45 mins and is a great watch!

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan vs Zab Judah - The Unification Begins - Page 2 Empty Re: Amir Khan vs Zab Judah - The Unification Begins

Post by Scottrf Wed 13 Jul 2011, 10:27 pm

Low blow TRUSSY, thought we were becoming good friends.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan vs Zab Judah - The Unification Begins - Page 2 Empty Re: Amir Khan vs Zab Judah - The Unification Begins

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 13 Jul 2011, 10:40 pm

just watched link, good stuff- gotta say khan wouldnt take 90% of the flack that he does if he just deleted his twitter account- he does seem a nice guy, who just says odd things in the moment. seems to be training hard and glad to see him saying that if he loses to zab he'll need to start over, at least he isn't getting his head stuck in the clouds and realizes he needs to train hard.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 13 Jul 2011, 10:44 pm

Yeah you're right I hope De La Hoya tells him to cool it with stupid things on his Twitter as its very public and could get him into a bit of trouble soon. Most of the casual fans that don't hear about this sort of news will be oblivious but it would eventually eek itself out. (And yes eek is a word... I think)

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Thu 14 Jul 2011, 11:52 am

Khan vs Judah televised undercard will include

Gary Russell Jr vs Paul Truscott
Peter Quillin vs Jason LeHoulier

plus one other fight prerecorded fight depending on timings

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Thu 14 Jul 2011, 11:53 am

For those that asked the documentary will be available free on line all next week from 7pm-10pm each evening

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Thu 14 Jul 2011, 11:55 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:Primetime are you going to be showing more Khan fights after this, considering Sky have snubbed Khan... Kinda good news for you guys getting a future superstar (and pretty damn big now) fighter on your doorstep. And seeing as you have more inside information than most on Khan developments is he going to take on Bradley next?

He certainely wants to fight Bradley and unify the division before moving up, whether that happens we'll wait and see. Primetime do not have a long term agreement in place with Khan or GBP but we are developing a good working relationship and hopefully more big fights will come our way

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 14 Jul 2011, 12:00 pm

I believe you have spelled spelt incorrectly, spelt is also spelt spelled.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 14 Jul 2011, 3:35 pm

Primetime wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:
Primetime wrote:A couple of other fights we'll be showing free next week in the build up

• Shane Mosely vs Antonio Margarito 24/1/09
• Manny Pacquiao vs Marco Antonio Barrera 6/10/07
• Floyd Mayweather vs Oscar De La Hoya 5/5/07

I'll post a full schedule for next week soon Very Happy

What are the times for these because they aren't showing up on my TV guide or are the just incorporated into the Khan vs Judah preview?

We haven't finalised the schedule yet which is why they don't show in your TV guide. We're still finalising the schedule and as soon as it's done i'll post it here and the TV guide will be updated

Cool what is this BoxNation channel 456 on sky?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Thu 14 Jul 2011, 4:07 pm

prettyboykev wrote:
Primetime wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:
Primetime wrote:A couple of other fights we'll be showing free next week in the build up

What are the times for these because they aren't showing up on my TV guide or are the just incorporated into the Khan vs Judah preview?

We haven't finalised the schedule yet which is why they don't show in your TV guide. We're still finalising the schedule and as soon as it's done i'll post it here and the TV guide will be updated

I believe that channel has been set up by a promoter.....

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 14 Jul 2011, 4:18 pm

Primetime wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:
Primetime wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:

Not hard to guess who when you look at the fights he is showing. Fish eyes strikes again.
Would that not be something primetime could do instead of having nothing on air waiting to put on hype programmes for upcoming PPV's?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Thu 14 Jul 2011, 4:20 pm

prettyboykev wrote:
Primetime wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:
Primetime wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:

Not hard to guess who when you look at the fights he is showing. Fish eyes strikes again.
Would that not be something primetime could do instead of having nothing on air waiting to put on hype programmes for upcoming PPV's?

Content is expensive to come by and unless you tie yourself to only one promoter very difficult. It's very easy if you already own a load of content you can use.....

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 14 Jul 2011, 4:26 pm

Primetime wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:
Primetime wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:
Primetime wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:

Content is expensive to come by and unless you tie yourself to only one promoter very difficult. It's very easy if you already own a load of content you can use.....

Fair enough. Been a customer for a long time even bought Klitchko vs Sosnowski last year. Keep up the good work.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun 17 Jul 2011, 2:34 pm

Primetime wrote:For those that asked the documentary will be available free on line all next week from 7pm-10pm each evening

Mine is just an endless stream of https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img62/6898/primetimej.jpg

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Sun 17 Jul 2011, 2:56 pm

Scottrf wrote:
Primetime wrote:For those that asked the documentary will be available free on line all next week from 7pm-10pm each evening

Mine is just an endless stream of https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img62/6898/primetimej.jpg

Hi Scott, as mentioned in the post you quoted, the stream is available between 7pm and 10pm each evening which is why your getting the static image just now. Come back at 7pm Very Happy

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun 17 Jul 2011, 2:58 pm

Ah no worries, thought that was just for the TV showing. Cheers!

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Jul 2011, 6:25 pm

Nice to see you get your own colour code when you get all Dalek on someone's ass, Windy. Exterminate!

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sun 17 Jul 2011, 6:29 pm

andygf wrote:Nice to see you get your own colour code when you get all Dalek on someone's ass, Windy. Exterminate!

Haha !

Not my idea, mate. Not my idea to go Dalek, either. Would much rather everybody got along and discussed boxing.

Now, where's that effing so and ....................................................................

Cut it out, Windy. Goose and gander, and all that.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:52 am

Pac vs Barrera tonight, tune in from 7pm Very Happy

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:52 am

Damn I'm out, is it their first fight too?

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:55 am

Fists of Fury wrote:Damn I'm out, is it their first fight too?

it's pac vs barrera 2, sky + it if you can Very Happy

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:59 am

Primetime wrote:Pac vs Barrera tonight, tune in from 7pm Very Happy

I think Pacquiao will have too much for him, I predict a wide UD for the Pacman.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 18 Jul 2011, 12:07 pm

I will do, Primetime. Thanks.

Union, I can see a 'WHY BARRERA BEATS PACMAN IN 2' thread coming on.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Mon 18 Jul 2011, 1:40 pm

We've secured a couple of special guests for the Khan vs Judah broadcast - Joe Calzaghe and Bernard Hopkins will be attending the fight and both have agreed to be interviewed by Primetime during the broadcast!

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 18 Jul 2011, 1:47 pm

"I ain't gettin' interviewed with no white boy"
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 18 Jul 2011, 1:50 pm

Union Cane wrote:"I ain't gettin' interviewed with no white boy"
laughing classic Bhop
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 1:51 pm

Is that really primetime talking to us?

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Mon 18 Jul 2011, 1:53 pm

joeyjojo618 wrote:Is that really primetime talking to us?

/yep Very Happy

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 18 Jul 2011, 1:54 pm

Primetime wrote:
joeyjojo618 wrote:Is that really primetime talking to us?

/yep Very Happy

Considering we share our wisdom with you we should get a discount. Cool
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Mon 18 Jul 2011, 2:02 pm

Union Cane wrote:"I ain't gettin' interviewed with no white boy"

and I ain't tossing nobody's salad boyo.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Jul 2011, 5:55 pm

Hello

Very Happy

Will the docu be on tonight at seven?

Is it available for free on the primetime website?

Has anyone seen BOO lately?

ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Mon 18 Jul 2011, 7:16 pm

emancipator wrote:Hello

Very Happy

Will the docu be on tonight at seven?

Is it available for free on the primetime website?

Has anyone seen BOO lately?

ghost

Yes it's on now and free on the website, just select the free item on the buy now, watch online page.

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan vs Zab Judah - The Unification Begins - Page 2 Empty Amir Khan vs Zab Judah - The Unification Begins

Post by Primetime Thu 21 Jul 2011, 5:51 pm

WBA + IBF Light Welterweight Championship
When: Saturday Night 23rd July Live from 1am
What: Amir Khan vs Zab Judah
Where: All on Primetime: Sky channel 480, Virgin Media ‘On Demand’ and online at http://www.onlineaffiliatepartners.com/160-5-1-74.html

In music the acid test of success is often considered to be whether a group ‘breaks’ America, the same can be said of boxing. Despite being spoilt with exciting champions such as Ricky Hatton, Joe Calzaghe and Carl Froch, apart from Lennox Lewis, British boxers have often struggled to make that global impact in their prime.

Ricky Hatton took Vegas by storm in his last two fights, but was unable to walk out with the gold when facing the biggest names in the game. Joe Calzaghe had an end of career swan song in the States but he wasn’t facing the best in their, or his, prime and Carl Froch has struggled to make an impact state side despite reaching the final of the Super Six, with the final only finding a home in Atlantic City.

However that looks to be changing rapidly with Amir Khan. At 24 years old he is already headlining his second bill at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas and is promoted by American boxing royalty in Oscar De La Hoya and his ‘Golden Boy Promotions’ company. With his last Vegas outing earning fight of the year in 2010, Amir Khan will be looking to set another benchmark by unifying the IBF and WBA Light Welterweight belts this Saturday night.

Amir Khan has lived with expectation since before his pro career started. After winning the silver medal in the Athens Olympics, at only 17 years of age, Amir has carried the expectations of the nation on his shoulders. After avenging his defeat in the Olympic finals Khan turned pro under the management of Frank ******. 18 undefeated fights were rattled off with 14 inside the distance, coupled with exposure on ITV, creating a groundswell of expectation around Amir’s career. That expectation was stopped dead with a shock KO loss to Breidis Prescott in 54 seconds in September 2008.

Khan was not to be deterred and turned to legendary trainer Freddie Roach to get his career back on track. Moving away from the distractions back home at only 21 years old, Khan relocated his training to the Wildcard gym in LA where he could learn from not only the world’s greatest trainer but also the best fighter active today in Manny Pacquiao. This decision was quickly proved correct as Amir moved up in weight and set about resuming his path to a World Title.

Within three fights of joining Roach, Khan achieved that goal by defeating Andreas Kotelnik for the WBA Light Welterweight crown. Four defences of that title have followed to bring us to the unification fight with Zab Judah this Saturday night.

Amir Khan has actively sort to face the best possible challengers in his division. Chasing a fight with WBC and WBO champion Tim Bradley was Khan’s first choice, Bradley turned the opportunity down to the derision of many. But Khan didn’t sit back and take an easy defence while waiting for his preferred fight to be made; instead he went out and actively sought the next best fight available to him.

In Zab Judah, Khan may well have found the type of dangerous opponent who helps create a legacy. Judah himself has had an exceptional career, as former undisputed Welterweight Champion, he has fought the best in the business in a career that has already seen 5 world title reigns. With a resume that includes names such as Floyd Mayweather Jr, Miguel Cotto and Kostya Tszyu, Judah has a veteran’s level of experience that could allow him to trouble Khan.

Judah is a prodigiously talented fighter, who has had his fair share of problems, with lighting speed and reflexes. Trained by Hall Of Famer Pernell ‘Sweat Pea’ Whitaker, Judah is looking to secure his own legacy by becoming a two weight undisputed champion. If Whitaker is able to add elements of his defensive work and footwork to the speed and reflexes of Judah you have a fearsome combination that would threaten any fighter in the world today. In the last year Judah seems to have found a new level of maturity and dedication that makes him all the more dangerous for Amir this weekend.

All of this brings us to Saturday night at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. Two lightening fast punchers step into the ring with claims on greatness. Only one of these fighters will walk out on step closer to their goal with the other being forced back to the drawing board. Both of these fighters have a point to prove and a desire to do it in style in order to secure the next big fight on the world stage. All signs point to a spectacular night of boxing and entertainment, a must see for all British fight fans.

The eagerly anticipated Khan vs Judah bout promises an evening of nonstop action on the UK’s leading independent PPV broadcaster – Primetime!

You can order the card for only £14.95 by calling 08712004444*, visiting http://www.onlineaffiliatepartners.com/160-5-1-74.html or for Virgin Media customers by using the ‘On Demand’ menu. Customers on Sky must register the first time they use Primetime and once registered can purchase using the ‘box office’ menu.

Last edited by Primetime on Thu 21 Jul 2011, 6:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 21 Jul 2011, 5:56 pm

With a resume that includes names such as Floyd Mayweather Jr, Miguel Cotto and Kostya Tszyu

Mayweather - lost
Cotto - Lost
Tszyu - Lost

Canastota will be building a new wing to accomodate Zab in a few years.

Peter Buckley fought Duke McKensie, Naz, Aceline Freitas, Michael Gomez and Scott Harrison, does help if you win the odd one when you fight the top people on your record.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 21 Jul 2011, 6:22 pm

Only won about 4 rounds in those 3 fights as well

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Thu 21 Jul 2011, 7:34 pm

Bum fight imo, how primetime can justify just under £15 for this imo is baffling, how come every Khan fight is ppv?, Calzaghe was a far, far better fighter and more established but the Kessler, Hopkins fights were on setanta, baffling.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Thu 21 Jul 2011, 7:38 pm

2 world class fighters facing each other great match up...much better than last week when you had limited bums fighting i.e. Burns vs Cook and Mitchell vs Murray.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 21 Jul 2011, 7:40 pm

Judah's seen his best days long ago, but this is far from a bum fight.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Thu 21 Jul 2011, 7:41 pm

The genius of PBF wrote:2 world class fighters facing each other great match up...much better than last week when you had limited bums fighting i.e. Burns vs Cook and Mitchell vs Murray.
I thought it was a brilliant fight me Murray v Mitchell like, terrific finish from King Kev as well, keep wumming though Yahoo wasn't that fight toe-to-toe from the beginning with Mitchell a big underdog and free on sky sports 1 as well? i'd rather watch that fight than this sham for £15. Wum on

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Thu 21 Jul 2011, 7:42 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:Judah's seen his best days long ago, but this is far from a bum fight.
A quitter who was battered off Clottey 3 years ago vs an up and coming deluded fighter in Khan, bum fight imo Balti, your of course entitled to your own views on the fight though.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Thu 21 Jul 2011, 7:46 pm

Rather watch boxers with skills like Khan and Zab "super" Judah with pedigree as well...The likes of Murray and Mitchell are limited with very little skill level...The fact that Mitchell struggled with a overrated unproven bum like Murray says it all.

Cant wait for Mitchell to step up again and get exposed like the Katsidis fight.

Well done Primetime...this fight is well worth to be on PPV.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Thu 21 Jul 2011, 7:52 pm

The genius of PBF wrote:Rather watch boxers with skills like Khan and Zab "super" Judah with pedigree as well...The likes of Murray and Mitchell are limited with very little skill level...The fact that Mitchell struggled with a overrated unproven bum like Murray says it all.

Cant wait for Mitchell to step up again and get exposed like the Katsidis fight.

Quality fighter, makes fighters miss beautifully ie Prescott who missed Kev with every shot, what happened with Khan? i can't remember the outcome?, i mean you just don't win ABA titles and box for England with no 'pedigree' Very Happy unproven? what winning the British, WBC youth, European titles and being unbeaten? haha have a day off eh.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 21 Jul 2011, 7:56 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:
The genius of PBF wrote:Rather watch boxers with skills like Khan and Zab "super" Judah with pedigree as well...The likes of Murray and Mitchell are limited with very little skill level...The fact that Mitchell struggled with a overrated unproven bum like Murray says it all.

Quality fighter, makes fighters miss beautifully ie Prescott who missed Kev with every shot, what happened with Khan? i can't remember the outcome?, i mean you just don't win ABA titles and box for England with no 'pedigree' Very Happy unproven? what winning the British, WBC youth, European titles and being unbeaten? haha have a day off eh.

Yeah, you don't win all those titles without skills right? Whereas they're just giving away IBF world titles in boxes of cornflakes...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Thu 21 Jul 2011, 7:58 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:

Yeah, you don't win all those titles without skills right? Whereas they're just giving away IBF world titles in boxes of cornflakes...
Mabuza's a poor, poor fighter Matthysse, Alexander, Bradley, Guerrero, Maidana, Khan, Kotelnik are all miles, miles better fighters, I don't care who doesn't rate Mitchell but to say the guy's unproven and a bum is wumming, blistering hand speed, quality skill level.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 21 Jul 2011, 8:01 pm

My point is that you can't play up the prestige of the titles Mitchell has won if you're gonna ignore the fact that Judah has achieved MUCH more and is STILL operating at a higher level. That's just hypocritical of you.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Thu 21 Jul 2011, 8:06 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:My point is that you can't play up the prestige of the titles Mitchell has won if you're gonna ignore the fact that Judah has achieved MUCH more and is STILL operating at a higher level. That's just hypocritical of you.
I said he got an easy title shot, how's that hypocritical? Kevin Mitchell's 26 years of age and i never said he was a great fighter or is anything special, he is a good quality fighter imo who was an underdog in a superb fight at the weekend, which sky were obviously more interested in, ask Watt, McCrory, Nelson, Rawling they were all buzzing for Murray v Mitchell, my point was Khan is a moneygrabber who has every fight PPV, against B level opponents even in some, this is a bum fight imo, which i'm entitled to backed up by fact i wont even try and watch it online stream wise, Judah is an has been i said which was never anything special anyway, which i stick by, so what he fought all them opponents, Demarcus Corley fought Cotto, Witter, Mayweather, etc and LOST to them all. Mabuza is so bad its a travesty he boxed for a vacant world title. The guy has been battered in ALL his big fights, i wouldn't deny he wasnt talented, and has fast hands, he lacks heart, tenacity, and the mentality to win big fights.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Thu 21 Jul 2011, 8:08 pm

Interesting discussion here, I think this weekends fight is a very live fight. Khan is a fighter that you feel could be on the verge of a hall of fame career whereas Judah is a former undisputed champion, looking to be undisputed in a second weight division. This is a marquee fight on the Vegas strip and it includes a British fighter, if you love boxing why wouldn't you be watching!!

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 21 Jul 2011, 8:09 pm

Its kind of ironic that people in England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales gotta pay £15 for this fight but we get Fury v Chisora for free where as the Yanks gotta pay for it

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Thu 21 Jul 2011, 8:13 pm

Primetime wrote:Interesting discussion here, I think this weekends fight is a very live fight. Khan is a fighter that you feel could be on the verge of a hall of fame career whereas Judah is a former undisputed champion, looking to be undisputed in a second weight division. This is a marquee fight on the Vegas strip and it includes a British fighter, if you love boxing why wouldn't you be watching!!

I see this no different to fights like Calzaghe v Jones Jr, Khan v Barrera, but with Judah not even close to Jones Jr or Barrera ability wise, i'm also baffled by you blanking out Frank Warren's name, he guided Khan back from being absolutely knocked spark out by Prescott to a world title shot 10 months later, now i don't recall MANY if ANY promoters doing that in that time span, i love boxing, i don't love fights with up and comers against past it fighters, i also wouldn't part with £15 for ANY Khan fight, whether it be against Ortiz, Pacquiao, Mayweather, McCloskey, anybody, don't like the guy and his phoney camp.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Thu 21 Jul 2011, 8:17 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:
Primetime wrote:Interesting discussion here, I think this weekends fight is a very live fight. Khan is a fighter that you feel could be on the verge of a hall of fame career whereas Judah is a former undisputed champion, looking to be undisputed in a second weight division. This is a marquee fight on the Vegas strip and it includes a British fighter, if you love boxing why wouldn't you be watching!!

I see this no different to fights like Calzaghe v Jones Jr, Khan v Barrera, but with Judah not even close to Jones Jr or Barrera ability wise, i'm also baffled by you blanking out Frank Warren's name, he guided Khan back from being absolutely knocked spark out by Prescott to a world title shot 10 months later, now i don't recall MANY if ANY promoters doing that in that time span, i love boxing, i don't love fights with up and comers against past it fighters, i also wouldn't part with £15 for ANY Khan fight, whether it be against Ortiz, Pacquiao, Mayweather, McCloskey, anybody, don't like the guy and his phoney camp.

Judah is not past it by any means! If you think that well you're misguided. Pernell Whitaker is a one fighter trainer and he doesn't associate with fighters who are going nowhere. Judah has many attributes that could give Khan problems which makes the fight exciting.

And come on you would pay for Khan vs Mayweather, everyone would or they don't love boxing!

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 21 Jul 2011, 8:19 pm

Jones Jr had already been called 'shot' by Calzaghe before their fight was even planned. Barrera was moving up and was also waaaay past best. Judah has a title, coming off wins, and fighting at his best weight.

I'm not saying he's dynamite, but he's a very viable opponent, and the best choice at the weight since Bradley decided not to take the fight.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next