The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amir Khan vs Zab Judah - The Unification Begins

+36
BoxingFan88
Raymond
Sugar Boy Sweetie
d260005p
milkyboy
Valero's Conscience
bhb001
Pedro147
paullevesque
coxy0001
Mind the windows Tino.
Seanusarrilius
Adam D
John Bloody Wayne
Steffan
BALTIMORA
The genius of PBF
Imperial Ghosty
joeyjojo618
eddyfightfan
TRUSSMAN66
Young_Towzer
HumanWindmill
AlexHuckerby
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Daz
Michaels, Sean
Union Cane
Rowley
Lumbering_Jack
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
paperbag_puncher
The Galveston Giant
Fists of Fury
Scottrf
Primetime
40 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Amir Khan vs Zab Judah - The Unification Begins - Page 5 Empty Amir Khan Documentary on Primetime Next Week

Post by Primetime Wed 13 Jul - 20:16

First topic message reminder :

Here's a 5 min preview of an Amir Khan documentary to air on Primetime next week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrKhFRnHUcc

Full length documentary will be 45 mins and is a great watch!

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan vs Zab Judah - The Unification Begins - Page 5 Empty Re: Amir Khan vs Zab Judah - The Unification Begins

Post by milkyboy Fri 22 Jul - 21:50

coxy, i'm buying most of your argument, but to say that froch came across as a down to earth guy who people could relate to and wasn't as pushy about it as khan is something of a stretch.

I'm no calzaghe fanboy but the general consensus when froch called him out endlessly was that he'd done little to deserve it and that he was an arrogant jerk. He still has that arrogance but like many, i've warmed to him of late both as a personality and for his attitude and performances.

To be fair he did get a lot of stick for the calzaghe baiting, just as khan is getting some now.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan vs Zab Judah - The Unification Begins - Page 5 Empty Re: Amir Khan vs Zab Judah - The Unification Begins

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 22 Jul - 22:41

So who's Khan fighting on Saturday anyway?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Raymond Fri 22 Jul - 22:51

I have a tenner on on a Zab KO, more with heart than head, I keep trying to convince myself that Zab is one hell of a naturally talented boxer and if is head was right he would of done much better in his career and recently he mentally seem to be in a much better place. (hence my article) Come on Zab KO this humourless big headed fool. Do think Khan will win though.

Raymond

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 22 Jul - 23:06

Being a Star Trek fan, I really think Judah has missed an opporunity at the press conferences to shout:

KHAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNN!!!!!

Spoiler:

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 22 Jul - 23:29

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:
Primetime wrote:
Hobo wrote:
Primetime wrote:Well guys been reading your comments with interest here.

For those who questioned it's a he....

My views regarding streaming and Judah are my own and I hold to those opinions. The whole point os us posting in here, besides promoting we have a fight on, is to engage with boxing fans and stimulate a debate about the fight itself. We do a lot of work with forums and try to engage with fans to help us improve, we have taken a number of things from these fan interactions such as changing our repeat times to add an evening showing or moving into MMA.

Join in and engage, if you don't we won't know what you want!

You have done it now! Thats like mentioning MacBeth in a theatre! Your on your own with this one!

Lol fair enough

That's even worse...

For the love of God, wait till Rowley see this.

Seen and noted, now does anyone have any links for a decent stream

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 22 Jul - 23:34

rowley wrote:

Here you go, jeff. All in Yorkshire, too :

http://www.whatclinic.com/urology/uk/south-yorkshire

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 22 Jul - 23:35

rowley wrote:Seen and noted, now does anyone have any links for a decent stream
http://users.wpi.edu/~cbelmonte/images/stream.gif

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 22 Jul - 23:36

HumanWindmill wrote:
rowley wrote:

Here you go, jeff. All in Yorkshire, too :

http://www.whatclinic.com/urology/uk/south-yorkshire

Just up the road from work that Windy, sad thing is I fear I may not be many years off it coming in useful.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 22 Jul - 23:38

In that case I'm very pleased to have been able to help, mate.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 22 Jul - 23:53

Here you go:

St:Ream

Spoiler:

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jul - 0:05

Well said D26,

Agree with your sentiments.

Khan does get a disproportionate level of criticism.

It appears that some people are busy scouring the web looking for any and every comment that Khan makes in order to disparage him.

Similar such comments have been heard from many a boxer over the years, but most people wouldn't have battered an eyelid.

Weren't we told that David haye's trash talking was just part of the sport? He was generating publicity, right? Yet, when Khan makes some self-promotory comments he is derided as delusional, arrogant, and much worse.

I think Amir is a nice, down-to-earth 24 year old - his age is important because maturity of speech, self-expression, and positive social interaction takes time to develop.

He does a lot to promote his sport, tries to present a positive role model for young people and is involved in a lot of commendable charity work. How many other young boxers are as active as he is in these fields? He may not come across as the most personable person in Britain during his interviews, but I for one am a firm believer in 'actions speak louder than words' - there is no denying that he is a hardworking, dedicated professional who tries to give back to the community.

I think some of his statements come across as far-fetched, hyperbolic because A) He partakes in a sport which requires extreme confidence and has a long tradition of self-aggrandisement, and B) He is not the most eloquent of speakers.

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sat 23 Jul - 0:51

Lets hope for his sake he won't have to prove it. Maidana had him in all sorts of trouble because he tried to show how matcho he is. No point getting hit if you don't have to.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Sat 23 Jul - 1:29

milkyboy wrote:coxy, i'm buying most of your argument, but to say that froch came across as a down to earth guy who people could relate to and wasn't as pushy about it as khan is something of a stretch.

I'm no calzaghe fanboy but the general consensus when froch called him out endlessly was that he'd done little to deserve it and that he was an arrogant jerk.

clap

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan vs Zab Judah - The Unification Begins - Page 5 Empty Undercard for Khan v judah

Post by Adam D Sat 23 Jul - 3:14

Does anyone know what the undercard is for the fight?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 23 Jul - 3:25

www.badlefthook.com

In middleweight-ish action, Peter "Kid Chocolate" Quillin (24-0, 18 KO) fights for the third time this year, facing Jason LeHoullier (21-5-1, 8 KO). Quillin was initially supposed to be televised against veteran Tarvis Simms, but Simms pulled out of the fight, surprising just about nobody familiar with Simms' career. Once LeHoullier, 33, was named as the replacement, HBO pulled support of the bout and sent it off the TV card, which is understandable. LeHoullier has lost five in a row to Harry Joe Yorgey, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr, Carson Jones, Robert Medley and Daniel Dawson, and is a big step down even from Simms, who is a 40-year-old with a light resume but decent skills and no fanbase.

James Kirkland (28-1, 25 KO) is also back in action. The 27-year-old Texan reunited with trainer Ann Wolfe for an easy win on Solo Boxeo Tecate over Dennis Sharpe on June 24, and are going right back to the ring to face Alexis Hloros (15-3-2, 11 KO). Hloros is a 32-year-old club fighter out of Michigan with an incredibly empty record and should be no threat to Kirkland, who may wind up on the Mayweather vs Ortiz show in September, or another major upcoming Golden Boy show. Kirkland is still mounting a small-scale comeback after being overwhelmed in one round by Nobuhiro Ishida in April.

Super featherweight Ronny Rios (14-0, 6 KO) will take on Noe Lopez (7-8, 4 KO) in a stay busy fight. Rios beat recent ShoBox fighter Georgi Kevlishvili in his last fight on May 20, which is his only bout this year. Southpaw featherweight Gary Russell Jr (16-0, 10 KO) will also be back, facing Eric Estrada (9-1, 3 KO).

Also fighting: Irish-born lightweight Jamie Kavanagh (7-0, 3 KO) faces Marcos Herrera (6-5-1, 2 KO). Philly heavyweight Bryant Jennings (8-0, 4 KO) takes on Theron Johnson (5-5, 1 KO). And lost Judah brother Josiah Judah (9-1-1, 2 KO) resumes his career against Rafael Jastrzebski (4-6-1, 1 KO). Judah turned pro in 2004, but hasn't fought since a 2008 TKO-1 loss to Don Mouton.

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Sat 23 Jul - 3:35

Just a quick one. What the hell happened to Kirkland in his last fight? Was he KO'd by a featherfisted puncher? I remember seeing it somewhere.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 23 Jul - 3:40

Thats was the fight before last. Got stopped in the first round

Yes its ok no need to thank me for posting the card details Hobo...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 23 Jul - 3:48

d260005p wrote:Just a quick one. What the hell happened to Kirkland in his last fight? Was he KO'd by a featherfisted puncher? I remember seeing it somewhere.

You may have read it in Steffan's previous post...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 23 Jul - 3:54

Terrible terrible undercard

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sat 23 Jul - 3:55

kirkland got dropped 3 times by a feather fisted japanese fighter, it was quite humiliating for Kirkland and humerous to HBO

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 23 Jul - 3:56

cheers steffan.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 23 Jul - 3:57

Hobo wrote:cheers steffan.

Your welcome my admin friend Smile

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sat 23 Jul - 4:09

I wouldn't swap the gristle in my cack for that undercard, nevermind pay £15 and sit up til the small hours for it. Judahs over the hill so the main event is fairly predictable. I'll watch del boy v fury and if anything out of the ordinary occurs in the khan fight I'll catch it online.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 23 Jul - 6:41

Poster hanging in the lobby in Vegas:

Spoiler:

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Sat 23 Jul - 6:46

Anyone wanting to watch the weigh-in can here

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player/box/Live/25983229

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sat 23 Jul - 6:47

Thanks for the link, Primetime.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 23 Jul - 6:56

Its not working on mine Crying or Very sad

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Sat 23 Jul - 6:58

Steffan wrote:Its not working on mine Crying or Very sad

They are due to start any minute now, my advise is keep checking Smile

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 23 Jul - 6:59

Primetime wrote:

Ok thanks Primetime OK

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Sat 23 Jul - 7:01

Steffan wrote:
Primetime wrote:

Ok thanks Primetime OK

Sorry they're not starting till 10:30pm our time now..... Crying or Very sad

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sat 23 Jul - 8:28

Should it be working yet?

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Sat 23 Jul - 8:30

John Bloody Wayne wrote:Should it be working yet?

Stream is working, nothing happening yet

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sat 23 Jul - 8:37

Not for me (but my computer's slower than a child who has to wear a cone on it's head) but I got a different one that's working ok.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sat 23 Jul - 8:41

When will Primetime be moving from poverty definition (SD) to HD?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sat 23 Jul - 8:43

Kahn broke the stare, must have been freaked out by Zab's stomach.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Sat 23 Jul - 8:44

Both fighters weighed in bang on the limit at 140lbs

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sat 23 Jul - 8:45

Maybe you could address my question?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Sat 23 Jul - 8:51

Dont understand all the hype of this bout! Khan wins easy late stoppage or points, unification of what exactly? IBF and WBA between the two. Bradley holds both WBC and WBO belts so the 'real' unification is against Bradley. Bradley schools Khan all day long but Khan makes silly offers like '50% UK revenue' when Bradley is guaranteed 1.2 mill by HBO for his next bout!! get a grip people Khan wins this easy, Judah never had any brains and has a punchers chance.

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Sat 23 Jul - 8:52

Lumbering_Jack wrote:When will Primetime be moving from poverty definition (SD) to HD?

Looking to do this next year

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 23 Jul - 9:01

I've seen worse SBS... look at the Haye Wlad undercard? I'm sure you bought that, although that was slightly more intriguing than this fight though, but this still isn't awful.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sat 23 Jul - 9:24

AlexHuckerby wrote:I've seen worse SBS... look at the Haye Wlad undercard? I'm sure you bought that, although that was slightly more intriguing than this fight though, but this still isn't awful.

In the cold light of day I agree with you - am just not a big Amir Khan fan. But this card is no way worth £15, judahs had it and the undercard is poor. I paid for haye wlad but that was a genuine pickem, I'll be amazed (and pleasantly surprised) if zab does anything other than eat jabs all night, flatter to decieve then get stopped late.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 23 Jul - 9:25

I've never streamed a fight live but have watched on Youtube before it was meant to come out (Berto Versus Ortiz). Primetime I'm just wondering because your production team must have some kind of estimate or a hopeful on how your PPV numbers will do, just wondering what are the hopeful estimates that you're going for given it is in the dead of the morning over here?

And by the way I will most certainly be buying as much as I find Khan slightly irritating at time he is usually in pretty good fights people over Lindell and others and forget Khan consistently comes forward and throws punches and don't buy into Judah is "Shot" he is perhaps slightly past his best but still a live opponent, shot opponents don't keep winning and getting World titles but slightly past it ones can.

Last edited by AlexHuckerby on Sat 23 Jul - 9:28; edited 1 time in total

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Sat 23 Jul - 9:27

AlexHuckerby wrote:I've never streamed a fight live but have watched on Youtube before it was meant to come out (Berto Versus Ortiz). Primetime I'm just wondering because your production team must have some kind of estimate or a hopeful on how your PPV numbers will do, just wondering what are the hopeful estimates that you're going for given it is in the dead of the morning over here?

We had previously released that we are expecting 100,000 buys for this event

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 23 Jul - 9:42

Primetime wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:I've never streamed a fight live but have watched on Youtube before it was meant to come out (Berto Versus Ortiz). Primetime I'm just wondering because your production team must have some kind of estimate or a hopeful on how your PPV numbers will do, just wondering what are the hopeful estimates that you're going for given it is in the dead of the morning over here?

We had previously released that we are expecting 100,000 buys for this event

That's good numbers considering.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 23 Jul - 10:02

Yeah that's expecting more than the McCloskey fight so they're anticipating this it will capture the mind of the boxing fans much more so than McCloskey although McCloskey I imagine got some people for Ireland viewing don't know whether this was via Primetime though, thats a decent 1.5 million the fight generates just through Primetime then if it hits just around that mark, not quite Haye numbers and by the way you guys, how many more numbers would you expect if Khan was with Sky on this? Because I know some shows do much worse numbers than this through Sky...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 23 Jul - 10:12

I heard his numbers were as low as 50,000 on Sky at one point, don't know if that's true.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 23 Jul - 10:15

Interesting but don't forget some of them were almost non fights Khan versus MR. Journeyman or Barrera who is a name but clearly well well well well past it, Judah is a recognised World level opponent who holds a title also and for my money doesn't look too bad, slightly past it however.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 23 Jul - 10:21

Unsure McCloskey was a very poor mans Judah, and Judah packs a punch which Khan will be more weary of althoguh consdiering he recently came out saying he has one of the best chins in boxing...
Also Judah has the speed and reflexes to catch Khan with counters which he is very easily hit with at times with the fact he comes forward so much and lowers his hands too many times, not exactly a defensive master. Also perhaps Judah hasn't BEATEN the tippity top fighters however going twelve rounds with some of them and he will have a lot of experience to offer, think this is a genuine fight... I VERY rarely say this but I wouldn't mind if Judah battered Khan about... Might take away that ridiculous state of mind he has about himself, but he might end up just buying a drawing board off of Audley.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 23 Jul - 10:31

Khan does get a lot fo grief but saying things like I have one of the best chins in boxing when we saw you get blown away in 54 seconds by a man who isn't exactly known as a huge puncher makes us think he is a completely deluded man! Saying things about Kell Brook (Who in my opinion is one of the best up and coming British boxers around) like he hasn't fought anyone great when he didn't have much of a CV before he fought at World level makes me think HYPOCRIT! And to be fair Kell took out Scott Macintye a respectable domestic fighter out in a round and Michael Jennings who was a fringe world level opponent out in 5 an dN'Dou who has done well against some big names and is a TOUGH SOB.
Also when he starts spouting out over how he is miles above at this moment in time better than every other boxer in Britain it's just like what are you talking about man!? How has anything you have achieved so far anything better than Haye or Froch?! If he said something among the lines of "I believe I am the most skillful boxer around in Britain and can become one of the top Pound for Pound guys out there" then I'll say fair dues but pretty much just sitting there slagging off guys in your own countries fighters that are very respected and very liked (Forch mainly) and he sits there wondering why people in his own country don't like him!? It makes me just think DO NOT OPEN YOUR MOUTH UNLESS DE LA HOYA HAS PLANTED THE WORDS IN FOR YOU! Because he is so thick he makes Chisora look like a Professor!

He's a good boxer though.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 23 Jul - 10:34

Shocking undercard and just adds to the death of the boxing undercard, it's not exclusive to this fight. Khan certainly doesn't fight like he has one of the best chins in boxing, quite the opposite in fact.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next