The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amir Khan vs Zab Judah - The Unification Begins

+36
BoxingFan88
Raymond
Sugar Boy Sweetie
d260005p
milkyboy
Valero's Conscience
bhb001
Pedro147
paullevesque
coxy0001
Mind the windows Tino.
Seanusarrilius
Adam D
John Bloody Wayne
Steffan
BALTIMORA
The genius of PBF
Imperial Ghosty
joeyjojo618
eddyfightfan
TRUSSMAN66
Young_Towzer
HumanWindmill
AlexHuckerby
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Daz
Michaels, Sean
Union Cane
Rowley
Lumbering_Jack
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
paperbag_puncher
The Galveston Giant
Fists of Fury
Scottrf
Primetime
40 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Amir Khan vs Zab Judah - The Unification Begins - Page 4 Empty Amir Khan Documentary on Primetime Next Week

Post by Primetime Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:16 am

First topic message reminder :

Here's a 5 min preview of an Amir Khan documentary to air on Primetime next week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrKhFRnHUcc

Full length documentary will be 45 mins and is a great watch!

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan vs Zab Judah - The Unification Begins - Page 4 Empty Re: Amir Khan vs Zab Judah - The Unification Begins

Post by coxy0001 Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:24 am

You going eat your words come Saturday night

Bearing in mind i haven't predicted a Zab victory, think he has about a 1% chance of beating Khan and have backed Khan to win (as part of a treble) then i'm struggling to see how i'm going to "eat my words". Would be willing to lose £20 to see him put in his place.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan vs Zab Judah - The Unification Begins - Page 4 Empty Re: Amir Khan vs Zab Judah - The Unification Begins

Post by Guest Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:47 am

I wrote to the Prime Minister,dear David Cameron, what are you going to do about the Horn?The letter back said, "Mr.Cameron has read your enquiry with interest but I regret to say it will not be part of official Conservative Party policy in the near future."Well in my opinion he hadn't even read it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:53 am

One of the best chins in boxing? Get real. They replayed the Prescott fight on Ringside last night (didn't take long) and I don't care if he was cold, careless or what, the way his legs stiffened after the jab and the left to the temple shows how vulnerable he is. Maidana never caught him with anything flush until he was spent. Khan should beat Judah comfortably, but khan looked out of sorts against McCloskey - another southpaw - and if he has the same problems it'll be interesting to see what happens if Zab lands a few hard lefts, because if nothing else he can still punch and even if he's slowed down he's still fairly quick. Amir needs a reality check and some better PR management, I won't shed any tears for him if Zab causes an upset.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:54 am

Khan is class. Simple as. WBA champ and hopefully soon to be unified of 2 belts. No one gives Mayweather as much stick for his gob, nor Pacman for his Handpicked opponents or even Zab Judah saying he is still P4P number 1 in the world and that he has been on top since he won his first belt? lol But Khan says he has a good chin and that he "believes" he is P4P in Britain and a top contender in the world (which he has every right to say as a world champ) and BANG, he is slated like he is a nobody. And just for the record, i made reference to Malignaggi because even though he is the "gatekeeper" as you put it, he is still a very much active fighter and quality opponent, not many people beat him "EASILY" unless their world class. IE. Hatton, Cotto, Khan

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:59 am

d260005p wrote:Khan is class. Simple as. WBA champ and hopefully soon to be unified of 2 belts. No one gives Mayweather as much stick for his gob, nor Pacman for his Handpicked opponents or even Zab Judah saying he is still P4P number 1 in the world and that he has been on top since he won his first belt? lol But Khan says he has a good chin and that he "believes" he is P4P in Britain and a top contender in the world (which he has every right to say as a world champ) and BANG, he is slated like he is a nobody. And just for the record, i made reference to Malignaggi because even though he is the "gatekeeper" as you put it, he is still a very much active fighter and quality opponent, not many people beat him "EASILY" unless their world class. IE. Hatton, Cotto, Khan

That's not strictly true though. I think he has taken a substantial amount of stick for some of his comments and I would think the vast majority of the board think Mayweathers mouth is something best kept closed.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:00 am

d260005p wrote:Khan is class. Simple as. WBA champ and hopefully soon to be unified of 2 belts. No one gives Mayweather as much stick for his gob, nor Pacman for his Handpicked opponents or even Zab Judah saying he is still P4P number 1 in the world and that he has been on top since he won his first belt? lol But Khan says he has a good chin and that he "believes" he is P4P in Britain and a top contender in the world (which he has every right to say as a world champ) and BANG, he is slated like he is a nobody. And just for the record, i made reference to Malignaggi because even though he is the "gatekeeper" as you put it, he is still a very much active fighter and quality opponent, not many people beat him "EASILY" unless their world class. IE. Hatton, Cotto, Khan

Aside from the fact that PLENTY of people criticise Mayweather and Pacquiao, both those guys have fairly comprehensively proven themselves to be leagues ahead of Khan in terms of both talent and achievements.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:01 am

Damn you Tino, damn your eyes.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:03 am

True, but i still think Khan gets treated just as bad if not worse. Its unreal the hatred this guy generates. If people think he is going to sit there and praise his opponents and state he wants to have tea with them at the afterfight along with how brittle his chin is and that he has fought hanpicked opponents like some P4P superstars, then people need to watch a different sport.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:05 am

d260005p wrote:True, but i still think Khan gets treated just as bad if not worse. Its unreal the hatred this guy generates. If people think he is going to sit there and praise his opponents and state he wants to have tea with them at the afterfight along with how brittle his chin is and that he has fought hanpicked opponents like some P4P superstars, then people need to watch a different sport.

Unreal is the right word. You're vastly exaggerating this 'hatred'. People simply dislike his apparent arrogance.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:06 am

BALTIMORA wrote:Damn you Tino, damn your eyes.

It's that fools never differ line again Balti.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:07 am

BALTIMORA wrote:

Aside from the fact that PLENTY of people criticise Mayweather and Pacquiao, both those guys have fairly comprehensively proven themselves to be leagues ahead of Khan in terms of both talent and achievements.

No where near as much as Khan is criticised. Im more critical of Pacquiao for neglecting a drug test and not giving us fight of the century against Mayweather. Khan has proven himself at the weight as well, he aint a world champ for nothing.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:07 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

You're like my pre-emptive stalker!! Smile

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:08 am

BALTIMORA wrote:

No where near as much as Khan is criticised. Im more critical of Pacquiao for neglecting a drug test and not giving us fight of the century against Mayweather. Khan has proven himself at the weight as well, he aint a world champ for nothing. Just because he thinks his chin is great and that he is P4P in Britain and that he blah blah blah etc etc etc. This is boxing, they fight for a living. Deal with it.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:11 am

d260005p wrote:This is boxing, they fight for a living. Deal with it.

Call me old fashioned, but I prefer to deal with the concept that likes and dislikes are a matter of personal preference and opinion.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:12 am

i watched the prime time road to khan thing the other day, and his uncle and dad were both saying they think khans ranting and raving on twitter and calling out these fighters is actually good PR, they were saying that 3 of khans fights (maidana,judan and someone else) where made over twitter and think its what fans want to see. with a team like that behind you no wonder his sense of realilty is getting warped.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:12 am

Hasn't exactly dominated at the weight has he? Can't exactly claim being "P4P material off the back of Maidana, Kotelnik & McCloskey now can he. Doesn't exactly read the who's who of P4P material fighters.

Judah is a non-entity of a fight, in your words deal with it.

If he beats Bradley, steps up and fights Ortiz then takes on FMJ/Pacquiao and wins all 3 then by all means let his mouth run wild. As it stands at present he hasn't got alot to bark about and most certainly isn't anywhere near the level that Froch has been fighting at.

Deal with it.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:14 am

BALTIMORA wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

You're like my pre-emptive stalker!! Smile

You know what Balti, I don't think you have really "made it" on this board unless you have you own stalker.

Congratulations to you.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:15 am

HumanWindmill wrote:

Call me old fashioned, but I prefer to deal with the concept that likes and dislikes are a matter of personal preference and opinion.

They are and i never said they were not. Im just saying this is boxing and it comes with the trade. If they dont like what what he says, which, like you have stated, is personal opinion, then dont watch him fight. Guarantee majority of the haters will.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:17 am

eddyfightfan wrote:i watched the prime time road to khan thing the other day, and his uncle and dad were both saying they think khans ranting and raving on twitter and calling out these fighters is actually good PR, they were saying that 3 of khans fights (maidana,judan and someone else) where made over twitter and think its what fans want to see. with a team like that behind you no wonder his sense of realilty is getting warped.

Maidana was his mandatory, so I don't know what his lackeys are talking about.

d260005p: if you seriously think Khan attracts worse criticism than either Pacquiao or Mayweather then you must've been reading the wrong forums.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:19 am

coxy0001 wrote:Hasn't exactly dominated at the weight has he? Can't exactly claim being "P4P material off the back of Maidana, Kotelnik & McCloskey now can he. Doesn't exactly read the who's who of P4P material fighters.

If he beats Bradley, steps up and fights Ortiz then takes on FMJ/Pacquiao and wins all 3 then by all means let his mouth run wild. As it stands at present he hasn't got alot to bark about and most certainly isn't anywhere near the level that Froch has been fighting at.

Deal with it.

Ahhhhh right so it was okay for Froch to call out Calzaghe and state he was best in the world etc etc when he was a noboday. And its okay for David Haye to beat 5 random old heavyweights and run his mouth to get a fight in which we all know he would lose, and yet its not okay for Khan to think he is the best in the UK and that he is a future P4P number one. He aint saying he is now, just saying he will be soon, and he admits he is not ready for the likes of pacman and Mayweather. I agree with what you say, step up and fight ortiz, mayweather etc etc then people will BELIEVE him, but it dont stop him believing in himself.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:21 am

BALTIMORA wrote:
eddyfightfan wrote:i watched the prime time road to khan thing the other day, and his uncle and dad were both saying they think khans ranting and raving on twitter and calling out these fighters is actually good PR, they were saying that 3 of khans fights (maidana,judan and someone else) where made over twitter and think its what fans want to see. with a team like that behind you no wonder his sense of realilty is getting warped.

Maidana was his mandatory, so I don't know what his lackeys are talking about.

d260005p: if you seriously think Khan attracts worse criticism than either Pacquiao or Mayweather then you must've been reading the wrong forums.

It level par Balti, but i feel Khan gets so much stick for just having self belief its unreal. Pacman and Mayweather get stick for the drugs tests, the beatings outside the ring, the court cases, the congress, the hand picked opponents etc etc But khan gets stick for believing in himself and trying to promote his fights on the most successful social feeding sites in the world. Cant blame him for that.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:22 am

d260005p wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:

They are and i never said they were not. Im just saying this is boxing and it comes with the trade. If they dont like what what he says, which, like you have stated, is personal opinion, then dont watch him fight. Guarantee majority of the haters will.

Does it occur to you that some ' haters ' would watch the fight in the hope that he might be beaten ?

I'm just playing Devil's Advocate, here, since I'm pretty neutral as far as Khan is concerned. I'm just trying to point out that some like him, and interpret his apparent ' cockiness ' as self - confidence, while others dislike him because they see it as arrogance. It has been so since boxing began, and thousands of fights have been sold on the basis of it.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:22 am

d260005p wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:Hasn't exactly dominated at the weight has he? Can't exactly claim being "P4P material off the back of Maidana, Kotelnik & McCloskey now can he. Doesn't exactly read the who's who of P4P material fighters.

Deal with it.

Ahhhhh right so it was okay for Froch to call out Calzaghe and state he was best in the world etc etc when he was a noboday. And its okay for David Haye to beat 5 random old heavyweights and run his mouth to get a fight in which we all know he would lose, and yet its not okay for Khan to think he is the best in the UK and that he is a future P4P number one. He aint saying he is now, just saying he will be soon, and he admits he is not ready for the likes of pacman and Mayweather. I agree with what you say, step up and fight ortiz, mayweather etc etc then people will BELIEVE him, but it dont stop him believing in himself.

Froch has been fighting the best available to him, consistently. He would've fought Calzaghe had he not retired. Froch would probably have lost, but he'd have taken the fight.

Haye fought Wlad, after all the talk. So far Khan had to be shoved into the Maidana fight, and has gone quiet on the Bradley front in favour of talking about fighting Morales.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:24 am

When Carl called Calzaghe out he was ranked number one with the WBC and Joe was that divisions champion. I personally have no issue with Khan calling anyone out or what he says despite thinking some of it is ill judged as ultimately I'll judge him like I judge every fighter, in the ring.

However as I said yesterday anyone would have to acknowledge some of his comments have hardly served to endear him to folk such as talking so much about money and being short changed by TV companies in the depths of a recession is grossly insensitive and ill advised

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:25 am

HumanWindmill wrote:
d260005p wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:

Does it occur to you that some ' haters ' would watch the fight in the hope that he might be beaten ?

I'm just playing Devil's Advocate, here, since I'm pretty neutral as far as Khan is concerned. I'm just trying to point out that some like him, and interpret his apparent ' cockiness ' as self - confidence, while others dislike him because they see it as arrogance. It has been so since boxing began, and thousands of fights have been sold on the basis of it.

And as a neutral fan of Khan i agree. I just dont see why people should hate a guy for having self belief when he is about to get in the ring and risk his life. If you dont have that personality you wont do very well more often then not.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:27 am

d260005p wrote:And its okay for David Haye to beat 5 random old heavyweights and run his mouth

They weren't random or particularly old...

Barrett - Gatekeeper - 37
Valuev - WBA Champion - 36
Ruiz - Mandatory - 38
Harrison - Ok, a bit random - 38

And there were only 4 of them...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:28 am

d260005p wrote:And as a neutral fan of Khan i agree.

Erm
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:29 am

BALTIMORA wrote:
d260005p wrote:

Deal with it.

Why would he talk about Bradley? Bradley avoided a fight with Khan so id be the same as well. Why offer him his biggest payday and then have him reject it? Id leave him and get a big name like Morales on my resume as opposed to some chicken. Even if Khan was forced on Maidana, he still beat him and dropped him and survived his biggest punches without going down which not many people have managed to achieve. To end this argument, and enjoyable one at that because my day at work today has been Poopie, i think Khan to win via stoppage but would never count out Zab Super Judah. See you all on Primetime.

Froch has been fighting the best available to him, consistently. He would've fought Calzaghe had he not retired. Froch would probably have lost, but he'd have taken the fight.

Haye fought Wlad, after all the talk. So far Khan had to be shoved into the Maidana fight, and has gone quiet on the Bradley front in favour of talking about fighting Morales.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:30 am

Lol dont know where my post went!

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:31 am

d260005p wrote:

Deal with it.

I understand your point, but it is comments like he is "way ahead" of every other British boxer that just smacks of stupidity. If he thinks he is the best in the UK, then fine, there is a argument that can be made for that. But to say he is "way ahead" is just ridiculous and completely untrue. I am splitting hairs over the exact wording of his comments, I will take that on the chin (see what I did there), but it is precisely the thing that rubs some people up the wrong way. As do his comments regarding his chin.

I actually hope he beats Judah, who lets face it, hardly has a sqeaky clean career, but I just wish he would engage his brain a little before opening his mouth.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:33 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I actually hope he beats Judah, who lets face it, hardly has a sqeaky clean career, but I just wish he would engage his brain a little before opening his mouth.
So do I. But he's a guy who chose being punched in the face as a career move.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:34 am

Valero's Conscience wrote:Question for Primetime:

I'm out tomorrow night. If I purchase the fight Primetime show on the Sunday like Sky do with their PPV's?

Yes, show is repeated for 6 days at 10:15, 13:15, 16:15 and 19:15. If you are watching online it's available as VOD from midday on sunday Very Happy

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:36 am

Union Cane wrote:
d260005p wrote:And its okay for David Haye to beat 5 random old heavyweights and run his mouth

Ruiz - Mandatory - 38

Oh sorry, World class champs.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:36 am

At least he responded Andy, more than can be said for Warren, maybe the term fish eyed, money grabbing fraud with less sense of customer service than a guy selling moody perfume out of the back of a suitcase got his back up.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:38 am

Hope you have a good laywer or legal insurance Jeff.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:38 am

Well guys been reading your comments with interest here.

For those who questioned it's a he....

My views regarding streaming and Judah are my own and I hold to those opinions. The whole point os us posting in here, besides promoting we have a fight on, is to engage with boxing fans and stimulate a debate about the fight itself. We do a lot of work with forums and try to engage with fans to help us improve, we have taken a number of things from these fan interactions such as changing our repeat times to add an evening showing or moving into MMA.

Join in and engage, if you don't we won't know what you want!

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:39 am

Scottrf wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I actually hope he beats Judah, who lets face it, hardly has a sqeaky clean career, but I just wish he would engage his brain a little before opening his mouth.
So do I. But he's a guy who chose being punched in the face as a career move.

True enough Scott. I do sometimes have to take a deep breath and remind myself of that. He just makes it easy to leap in sometimes.

I would never begrudge him whatever wealth and success he gets from boxing. It's the toughest of sports and he is far braver than me.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:42 am

d260005p wrote:Oh sorry, World class champs.

No need to be silly about it.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:47 am

d260005p wrote:
Union Cane wrote:

Ruiz - Mandatory - 38

Oh sorry, World class champs.

haye did unify the cruiserweight division first though

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:47 am

Primetime wrote:Well guys been reading your comments with interest here.

My views regarding streaming and Judah are my own and I hold to those opinions. The whole point os us posting in here, besides promoting we have a fight on, is to engage with boxing fans and stimulate a debate about the fight itself. We do a lot of work with forums and try to engage with fans to help us improve, we have taken a number of things from these fan interactions such as changing our repeat times to add an evening showing or moving into MMA.

You have done it now! Thats like mentioning MacBeth in a theatre! Your on your own with this one!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:49 am

Hobo wrote:

You have done it now! Thats like mentioning MacBeth in a theatre! Your on your own with this one!

Lol fair enough

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:50 am

Primetime wrote:
Hobo wrote:

Lol fair enough

That's even worse...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:52 am

BALTIMORA wrote:
Primetime wrote:
Hobo wrote:

Lol fair enough

That's even worse...

For the love of God, wait till Rowley see this.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:52 am

BALTIMORA wrote:
Primetime wrote:
Hobo wrote:

Lol fair enough

That's even worse...

Shall I just hang my head in shame and leave now?? Sad

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:52 am

Primetime wrote:

I think thats a fair enough point. Don't think they've ever hid the fact that they're selling something and its not like the board is going to be spammed by Primetime articles. Obviously they're going to sell the fight. I didn't get offended when Sky tried to convince us all (they convinced a lot of my non boxing fan mates) that Audley had a hope against Haye etc.

With regards the fight I think Khan should and will have too much for a past it Judah. However, its a little bit more interesting as there are ways I can see Zab winning. Unlike say the Barrera fight or if Khan were to face Morales. I dont think its quite worthy of PPV but I would rather have the option (and it is an option, nobody is forcing you to buy this) of paying to see it than not being able to see it at all.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:54 am

Ahhhhh right so it was okay for Froch to call out Calzaghe and state he was best in the world etc etc when he was a noboday. And its okay for David Haye to beat 5 random old heavyweights and run his mouth to get a fight in which we all know he would lose

Why bring Haye into it? When have i mentioned him? Will you STOP bringing boxers into your arguement that have zero relevance.

And please provide me a link where Froch says he's "the best in the world". You can't, stop making things up. He chased a fight with JC due to a dislike for the guy and an utter belief he could beat him. He wasn't promoting it as #1 vs #2 or using that as a promotional carrot to get JC to fight him.

He has since proved himself beyond measure. And he was knowhere near as vociferous as Khan was and came across as a much more down to earth guy who people could relate to.

You want to bring in Johnny Nelson to try and validate an otherwise illogical and poorly thought out arguement?

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:55 am

Guys taking your comments on board, for future events I will create one thread regarding that fight and post all articles etc in there. Hopefully that will take care of any concerns about us 'spamming' the forum and also give you a one stop shop to communicate with us regarding a particular fight. Is that acceptable to all/most?

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:02 am

Primetime wrote:
Valero's Conscience wrote:Question for Primetime:

I'm out tomorrow night. If I purchase the fight Primetime show on the Sunday like Sky do with their PPV's?

Yes, show is repeated for 6 days at 10:15, 13:15, 16:15 and 19:15. If you are watching online it's available as VOD from midday on sunday Very Happy

Cheer's Mr. Prime

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:05 am

[quote="paperbag_puncher"]
Primetime wrote:

I think thats a fair enough point. Don't think they've ever hid the fact that they're selling something and its not like the board is going to be spammed by Primetime articles. Obviously they're going to sell the fight. I didn't get offended when Sky tried to convince us all (they convinced a lot of my non boxing fan mates) that Audley had a hope against Haye etc.

quote]
Excellent point, Sky have been serving us a 5hit and potato pie ,only to claim it's steak,for far too long.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:22 am

andygf wrote:Sky have been serving us a 5hit and potato pie ,only to claim it's steak,for far too long.

I cant wait for your fight review with beautiful free flowing thoughts like those Laugh Have you ever considered applying for poet laureate next time?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next