The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amir Khan vs Zab Judah - The Unification Begins

+36
BoxingFan88
Raymond
Sugar Boy Sweetie
d260005p
milkyboy
Valero's Conscience
bhb001
Pedro147
paullevesque
coxy0001
Mind the windows Tino.
Seanusarrilius
Adam D
John Bloody Wayne
Steffan
BALTIMORA
The genius of PBF
Imperial Ghosty
joeyjojo618
eddyfightfan
TRUSSMAN66
Young_Towzer
HumanWindmill
AlexHuckerby
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Daz
Michaels, Sean
Union Cane
Rowley
Lumbering_Jack
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
paperbag_puncher
The Galveston Giant
Fists of Fury
Scottrf
Primetime
40 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Amir Khan vs Zab Judah - The Unification Begins - Page 3 Empty Amir Khan Documentary on Primetime Next Week

Post by Primetime Wed 13 Jul 2011, 10:16 am

First topic message reminder :

Here's a 5 min preview of an Amir Khan documentary to air on Primetime next week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrKhFRnHUcc

Full length documentary will be 45 mins and is a great watch!

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan vs Zab Judah - The Unification Begins - Page 3 Empty Re: Amir Khan vs Zab Judah - The Unification Begins

Post by John Bloody Wayne Thu 21 Jul 2011, 8:27 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:
Primetime wrote:Interesting discussion here, I think this weekends fight is a very live fight. Khan is a fighter that you feel could be on the verge of a hall of fame career whereas Judah is a former undisputed champion, looking to be undisputed in a second weight division. This is a marquee fight on the Vegas strip and it includes a British fighter, if you love boxing why wouldn't you be watching!!

I see this no different to fights like Calzaghe v Jones Jr, Khan v Barrera, but with Judah not even close to Jones Jr or Barrera ability wise, i'm also baffled by you blanking out Frank Warren's name, he guided Khan back from being absolutely knocked spark out by Prescott to a world title shot 10 months later, now i don't recall MANY if ANY promoters doing that in that time span, i love boxing, i don't love fights with up and comers against past it fighters, i also wouldn't part with £15 for ANY Khan fight, whether it be against Ortiz, Pacquiao, Mayweather, McCloskey, anybody, don't like the guy and his phoney camp.

Barrera - A legend of the past ten years, been in multiple fights that defne the term "war" and several years past his physical prime. Three weight classes up from his prime.

Jones Jr - Never beaten in his prime, sweats off 25lbs and gets KO'd badly twice in a row. Then looks like a ghost in all his fights after that. Most people calling for his retirement.

Judah's nothing like these guys. He's still sharp and on the ball, he's still at his prime weight, he's still only in his early 30's, has recent success over world level contenders. Nothing like Calzaghe v Jones Jr or Kahn v Barrera.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan vs Zab Judah - The Unification Begins - Page 3 Empty Re: Amir Khan vs Zab Judah - The Unification Begins

Post by Young_Towzer Thu 21 Jul 2011, 8:29 pm

Primetime wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:
Primetime wrote:Interesting discussion here, I think this weekends fight is a very live fight. Khan is a fighter that you feel could be on the verge of a hall of fame career whereas Judah is a former undisputed champion, looking to be undisputed in a second weight division. This is a marquee fight on the Vegas strip and it includes a British fighter, if you love boxing why wouldn't you be watching!!

I see this no different to fights like Calzaghe v Jones Jr, Khan v Barrera, but with Judah not even close to Jones Jr or Barrera ability wise, i'm also baffled by you blanking out Frank Warren's name, he guided Khan back from being absolutely knocked spark out by Prescott to a world title shot 10 months later, now i don't recall MANY if ANY promoters doing that in that time span, i love boxing, i don't love fights with up and comers against past it fighters, i also wouldn't part with £15 for ANY Khan fight, whether it be against Ortiz, Pacquiao, Mayweather, McCloskey, anybody, don't like the guy and his phoney camp.

Judah is not past it by any means! If you think that well you're misguided. Pernell Whitaker is a one fighter trainer and he doesn't associate with fighters who are going nowhere. Judah has many attributes that could give Khan problems which makes the fight exciting.

And come on you would pay for Khan vs Mayweather, everyone would or they don't love boxing!
No i wouldn't, i'd get a stream online, i wouldn't pay £15 for ANY Khan fight, like i said above, Pernell Whittaker's getting payed an absolute bomb and has trained plenty of bums, you want names?

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Thu 21 Jul 2011, 8:33 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:
Primetime wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:

Judah is not past it by any means! If you think that well you're misguided. Pernell Whitaker is a one fighter trainer and he doesn't associate with fighters who are going nowhere. Judah has many attributes that could give Khan problems which makes the fight exciting.

And come on you would pay for Khan vs Mayweather, everyone would or they don't love boxing!
No i wouldn't, i'd get a stream online, i wouldn't pay £15 for ANY Khan fight, like i said above, Pernell Whittaker's getting payed an absolute bomb and has trained plenty of bums, you want names?

A stream - that is shocking. You expect someone to go out and risk their life for your entertainment and not to get paid for it? Discuss......

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Thu 21 Jul 2011, 8:39 pm

Sorry primetime, I can see what you're saying and don't completely disagree, but you're an interested party. More partial than anyone.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Thu 21 Jul 2011, 8:40 pm

Primetime wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:
Primetime wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:

A stream - that is shocking. You expect someone to go out and risk their life for your entertainment and not to get paid for it? Discuss......
I think it's shocking how you charge £15 ppv for a Khan fight like this, also you touch on Froch not making an impact stateside, his wins over Taylor, Johnson weren't vintage but the Americans love his style, especially Lou Dibella. He is Britain's number 1 fighter as well, regardless of what Deluded Khan says.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Thu 21 Jul 2011, 8:41 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:Sorry primetime, I can see what you're saying and don't completely disagree, but you're an interested party. More partial than anyone.
PPV sales are obviously going through the roof, he's on our internet forum asking me why i wouldn't pay £15 or just short of that to watch a deluded brit face a shot american.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 21 Jul 2011, 8:44 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:
John Bloody Wayne wrote:Sorry primetime, I can see what you're saying and don't completely disagree, but you're an interested party. More partial than anyone.
PPV sales are obviously going through the roof, he's on our internet forum asking me why i wouldn't pay £15 or just short of that to watch a deluded brit face a shot american.

I gotta admit, £15 for an hour's boxing isn't great value. What's it cost to go see a blockbuster at the flicks, about six quid?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Thu 21 Jul 2011, 8:47 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:

I gotta admit, £15 for an hour's boxing isn't great value. What's it cost to go see a blockbuster at the flicks, about six quid?
2 young heavyweights battle it out for the beautiful British title, both are very talented as well and unbeaten, then there's Theophane v Cook, which aint a classic, but a few other fights for FREE on channel 5

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 21 Jul 2011, 8:55 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:
Primetime wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:
Primetime wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:

I think it's shocking how you charge £15 ppv for a Khan fight like this, also you touch on Froch not making an impact stateside, his wins over Taylor, Johnson weren't vintage but the Americans love his style, especially Lou Dibella. He is Britain's number 1 fighter as well, regardless of what Deluded Khan says.

I would like to point out a few things before this goes any further.

PPV fights are made by the fighters greed. It was Khans choice to go PPV.

Secondly, its your choice to pay - no one is forcing you.

However, to get a stream is illegal and not condoned by this forum. You are stating that you intend to commit a crime. Not very clever. Any future mentions of streaming will be removed due to the risk of the forum for condoning it.

Thirdly, all boxing other than fights on any channel that isnt terrestrial is PPV of sorts. Whether its Sky sports, Box Office or Primetime, you are paying for it. Its your choice to do so - dont have a go at the channels for putting on the event. Have a go at the management of the boxers who insist on using sky/PT.

If you disagree with paying the price, then vote with your feet. If you do want to watch the fight, then please do so through the link provided and prove to Primetime that we are worth dealing with going forward.

Anyone who

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan vs Zab Judah - The Unification Begins - Page 3 Empty Khan v Judah Fury v Chisora predictions

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 21 Jul 2011, 9:01 pm

Here is my predictions for the weekend what are yours??

www.maineventboxing.wordpress.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVtTwVmaHDc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by5vf2Zvj_c

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 21 Jul 2011, 9:20 pm

Hobo wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:
Primetime wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:
Primetime wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:

However, to get a stream is illegal and not condoned by this forum. You are stating that you intend to commit a crime. Not very clever. Any future mentions of streaming will be removed due to the risk of the forum for condoning it.

Thirdly, all boxing other than fights on any channel that isnt terrestrial is PPV of sorts. Whether its Sky sports, Box Office or Primetime, you are paying for it. Its your choice to do so - dont have a go at the channels for putting on the event. Have a go at the management of the boxers who insist on using sky/PT.

If you disagree with paying the price, then vote with your feet. If you do want to watch the fight, then please do so through the link provided and prove to Primetime that we are worth dealing with going forward.

Anyone who

Hobo, fair points about the PPV/streaming comments, and this forum is generally very good. But....... the gushing and incredibly patronising advertisements, because thats exactly what they are, from Primetime are a really poor reflection on a usually excellent site.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 21 Jul 2011, 9:24 pm

I can see where you are coming from but its most probably a cut and paste job from the official primetime site.

To be fair to the guy who runs it, he has engaged in debate and tried to be good natured with some of the criticism he has received:

for example:

He could have taken quite a huff at someone illegally streaming but instead turned it into debate.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 21 Jul 2011, 9:25 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Hobo wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:
Primetime wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:
Primetime wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:

Anyone who

Hobo, fair points about the PPV/streaming comments, and this forum is generally very good. But....... the gushing and incredibly patronising advertisements, because thats exactly what they are, from Primetime are a really poor reflection on a usually excellent site.

I'll second this. It's free advertising, that's all.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 21 Jul 2011, 9:28 pm

Yes it is free advertising and you can choose to ignore it.

In exchange for letting them put up a few threads about the fight, we are getting a few giveaways and possibly, depending on the quality of article produced, some free tickets to a future live event.

We have not put up banners and ads over the site - instead we are working with people who can give you the members, some freebies.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 21 Jul 2011, 9:36 pm

If i said that if Primetime were a girl i'd make slow sweet love to it would that secure me freebies by the way? And that Sky PPV are league 2 compared to primetimes coverage?

They need a new website doing as well, current one is pants. PRIMETIME, employ me please. Not freelance as i'd like to work in a nice office in London, if you're not based in London then move yourselves as i ain't going up 'norf or anywhere else

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 21 Jul 2011, 9:38 pm

Hobo wrote:Yes it is free advertising and you can choose to ignore it.

In exchange for letting them put up a few threads about the fight, we are getting a few giveaways and possibly, depending on the quality of article produced, some free tickets to a future live event.

We have not put up banners and ads over the site - instead we are working with people who can give you the members, some freebies.

Which is only a gnat's pube away from being in their pocket. Such a close association could prove damaging.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 21 Jul 2011, 9:38 pm

coxy0001 wrote:If i said that if Primetime were a girl i'd make slow sweet love to it would that secure me freebies by the way? And that Sky PPV are league 2 compared to primetimes coverage?

They need a new website doing as well, current one is pants. PRIMETIME, employ me please. Not freelance as i'd like to work in a nice office in London, if you're not based in London then move yourselves as i ain't going up 'norf or anywhere else

thats the spirit coxy OK

For all their faults, they are engaging with the members here. And that I think deserves respect.

You may not like paying for PPVs, you may not like salesy columns but they are providing things to the members. Surely you can get past the things you dont like and enjoy the good things.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 21 Jul 2011, 9:43 pm

This place has gained far less from primetime than it has from the sterling efforts of those involved with the Q&A threads. I'd hate to see the real quality content suffer.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by paullevesque Thu 21 Jul 2011, 9:45 pm

[quote="BALTIMORA"][quote="Mind the windows Tino."][quote="Hobo"][quote="Young_Towzer"][quote="Primetime"][quote="Young_Towzer"][quote="Primetime"]
Young_Towzer wrote:
Primetime wrote:

Watch yourself Balti......

How do chaps, please to meet you all.

paullevesque

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 21 Jul 2011, 9:47 pm

paullevesque wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:

Watch yourself Balti......

How do chaps, please to meet you all.
Are you Triple H?

Last edited by Scottrf on Thu 21 Jul 2011, 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 21 Jul 2011, 9:47 pm

Howdy Paul
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 21 Jul 2011, 9:49 pm

Hobo wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:If i said that if Primetime were a girl i'd make slow sweet love to it would that secure me freebies by the way? And that Sky PPV are league 2 compared to primetimes coverage?

thats the spirit coxy OK

For all their faults, they are engaging with the members here. And that I think deserves respect.

You may not like paying for PPVs, you may not like salesy columns but they are providing things to the members. Surely you can get past the things you dont like and enjoy the good things.

Hobo, I am trying to do that, and I don't want to come across as some sourfaced whinger but it is the tone of the posts that is so jarring. Khan could be facing me (0-0-0 if you didn't know) and I imagine Primetime would be stroking my ego by telling the board how great I am and what a fantastic spectacle it is. Just let us, we are hardcore boxing fans afterall, make our own minds up and don't start telling us we are "misguided" if we happen to have a different opinion on Judah.

If he wasn't drumming up business at the same time I wouldn't have such an issue and would happily engage in debate with him.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by paullevesque Thu 21 Jul 2011, 9:50 pm

There was this one guy from primetime,
who seemed to be having a finetime.
With his sales targets set,
amir has no need to fret,
as at our cost he'll be making a fine dime.

Adios windy, union, steffan and the rest. Michaels.

Last edited by Y I Man on Thu 21 Jul 2011, 9:54 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : last post and i messed up (swearing in edit bit))

paullevesque

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan vs Zab Judah - The Unification Begins - Page 3 Empty Amir Khan is off again, this time it's his chin..

Post by Pedro147 Thu 21 Jul 2011, 10:07 pm

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12183_7052282,00.html

Here's just a few quotes from it in case some can't access it in work or whatever. Surely Khan's PR people should be telling him to stop talking. Boxing is a business and for me Khan is just pushing viewiers/fans away. Firstly with his apparent financial requests and also with some silly silly comments like this.

"In sparring when I get hit with a clean shot by big guys who are 154 pounds, I get straight back at them. That's my style."

"I've proved I've probably got one of the best chins in the boxing business. I've been hit with huge shots in sparring."

"Manny's hit me with a clean back hand, his hardest shot, and I walked straight onto it and still stood there."

What are your thoughts on this guys?

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 21 Jul 2011, 10:12 pm

Pedro147 wrote:http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12183_7052282,00.html

Here's just a few quotes from it in case some can't access it in work or whatever. Surely Khan's PR people should be telling him to stop talking. Boxing is a business and for me Khan is just pushing viewiers/fans away. Firstly with his apparent financial requests and also with some silly silly comments like this.

"In sparring when I get hit with a clean shot by big guys who are 154 pounds, I get straight back at them. That's my style."

"I've proved I've probably got one of the best chins in the boxing business. I've been hit with huge shots in sparring."

"Manny's hit me with a clean back hand, his hardest shot, and I walked straight onto it and still stood there."

What are your thoughts on this guys?

"clean back hand"?

Is that the same as a spinning back fist? Surely he can't have stood up to that?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 21 Jul 2011, 10:12 pm

My thoughts?

Judah said he's still P4P #1, noone's made a thread on that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLyAGQ2FTQ4#t=19m32s

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 21 Jul 2011, 10:13 pm

A "clean backhand"? Does he mean a "spinning" one..?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 21 Jul 2011, 10:15 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:A "clean backhand"? Does he mean a "spinning" one..?

Already done this Balti. Do keep up old boy.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jul 2011, 10:22 pm

I rarely bother with pay-per-view,especially if it means giving money to Murdoch.And no I am not jumping on the bandwagon, i said months ago on a thread here that ppv,imo, has helped boxing's downward spiral.However, I commend this Primetime guy for engaging with the forum.Primetime are enthusiastic for new business and there's no shame in a bit of honest salesmanship.
I tried streaming once ,on my missus' computer, but got a bit confused and gave up in a Luddite huff three hours before touch-gloves!It's a massive pain in the ar5e.I do have sympathy for anyone who has to stick up for Amir also.He seems intent on committing public-relations har-kari.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 21 Jul 2011, 10:39 pm

andygf wrote:I rarely bother with pay-per-view,especially if it means giving money to Murdoch.And no I am not jumping on the bandwagon, i said months ago on a thread here that ppv,imo, has helped boxing's downward spiral.However, I commend this Primetime guy for engaging with the forum.Primetime are enthusiastic for new business and there's no shame in a bit of honest salesmanship.
I tried streaming once ,on my missus' computer, but got a bit confused and gave up in a Luddite huff three hours before touch-gloves!It's a massive pain in the ar5e.I do have sympathy for anyone who has to stick up for Amir also.He seems intent on committing public-relations har-kari.

Andy, it's the internet equivalent of cold-calling though. "Honest salesmanship"? Completely unobjective advertising more like! Am I supposed to ignore all threads that he starts or joins no matter what other posters are engaged in decent and interesting debate? I don't, in principle, have a problem with him "engaging" with the forum, it is the patronising manner that I do have a problem with.

They may well be enthusiastic for new business, ad good for them, but I refer to my earlier point, we are all pretty much hardcore fans and don't need his flannel to make our minds up to purchase the ppv or not.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jul 2011, 10:51 pm

Well all sales is unobjective.I myself was a cold-caller once,yeah I know they are the scourge of everything wrong with the world, however it's better than being unemployed..in my opinion...!
Yeah I agree to an extent that the tone was a bit patronising but as Hobo said he did stick around to take it on the chin, as it were.Maybe he/she will learn from it,eh,and perhaps show a bit more flair...!.. if he/she "loves boxing" surely we will hear a bit more from Primetime...(chortle..).
Can't call myself a hardcore boxing nut these days incidentally, I learn about the new guys on the block on 606,my knowledge is firmly stuck in the 60s to 90s... !

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 21 Jul 2011, 10:57 pm

andygf wrote:my knowledge is firmly stuck in the 60s to 90s... !

Nothing wrong with that my friend. Glorious years!

Windy's knowledge is firmly stuck from Jem Mace to Tommy Burns. Hasn't held him back in life!

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 22 Jul 2011, 1:21 am

Amir Khan puts George Bush to shame.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 22 Jul 2011, 1:32 am

Seanusarrilius wrote:Here is my predictions for the weekend what are yours??

www.maineventboxing.wordpress.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVtTwVmaHDc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by5vf2Zvj_c

Thanks Sean, here's mine.

My heart says: Judah TKO 10
My head says: Khan UD 118 - 110
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri 22 Jul 2011, 2:29 am

He makes Jake Lamotta look like Terry Norris. He has the solid head of a marble statue but with the natural grace of a concrete one. His tongue is made from the finest silver and wreaks lyrical terror over the opposition.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Fri 22 Jul 2011, 6:09 am

Amir is leading with his chin in this article. He may not have the best chin around, but is challenging Audley for least grip on reality title. Good luck to him on Saturday / Sunday, but he needs to concentrate more on his boxing than his PR

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 22 Jul 2011, 7:45 am

I have no real problem with Primetime being on here, it is obviously advertising but for me is just a small company being creative and engaging with fans which is something the bigger names are not exactly quick to do. I once sent a complaint to Frank Warren, heard nothing. However what does my head in is the hyberbole that accompanies the posts, this is a decent fight and a legitmate one and most know that and will make their decision to buy it accordingly but to come out with comments like Judah has fought Cotto, Mayweather and Tyzsu whilst ignoring the fact he lost to them all is silly and on a site of hardcore fans is inevitable you're going to get called on it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 22 Jul 2011, 7:45 am

andygf wrote: Well all sales is unobjective.I myself was a cold-caller once,yeah I know they are the scourge of everything wrong with the world, however it's better than being unemployed..in my opinion...!
Yeah I agree to an extent that the tone was a bit patronising but as Hobo said he did stick around to take it on the chin, as it were.Maybe he/she will learn from it,eh,and perhaps show a bit more flair...!.. if he/she "loves boxing" surely we will hear a bit more from Primetime...(chortle..).
Can't call myself a hardcore boxing nut these days incidentally, I learn about the new guys on the block on 606,my knowledge is firmly stuck in the 60s to 90s... !

Cheers Andy.

And to answer the concerns of others.

AS you know Primetime read these threads so will no doubt take the criticism on board (a few of the boxing members could learn from that Whistle )

I am talking to them today and will ask them to tone down the articles they produce - I am sure they are already considering that. Anyway goodluck with the competition today (for the Tshirts) and I genuinely hope that you enter the fight review competition to - I would actually be proud to see a member from here published on another website (thats not the Metroploitan Police wanted section) and hopefully win some tickets for the next UK PPV.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 22 Jul 2011, 8:27 am

I'd noticed that, but couldn't be bothered to change it. Great minds and all that...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 22 Jul 2011, 8:39 am

Khan's mouth does have a tendency to spew rubbish at times.

His chin may be better than many previously thought but saying he's got one of the best in boxing period he needs his head checking.

Khan is cocky and I wouldn't be too fussed if he was KO'd tomorrow (going for Khan UD) but he does get far more stick in general than he deserves.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 22 Jul 2011, 8:40 am

manny hit him with a clean back hand, his best shot, and then a top spin lob and a drop volley, but amir was still standing.

then they walked off the tennis court into the boxing ring and manny kicked the sh*t out of him.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 22 Jul 2011, 8:41 am

Question for Primetime:

I'm out tomorrow night. If I purchase the fight Primetime show on the Sunday like Sky do with their PPV's?

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 22 Jul 2011, 8:42 am

God i hope Zab knocks him cold, there's some boxers i don't mind being arrogant tosspots as they do so with an element of showmanship - Khan is just a deluded arrogant toddwadd. One of those fighters i hope loses everytime he steps foot in the ring, apart from when i've had a bet on him a la the Maidana fight where he won me a fortune.

C'mon Zab, as unlikely as it is do us all a favour!

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 22 Jul 2011, 8:47 am

BALTIMORA wrote:

I'd noticed that, but couldn't be bothered to change it. Great minds and all that...

Possibly, or it could be that "fools never differ"...!

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 22 Jul 2011, 8:55 am

Got to say re. streaming I am with Primetime, ultimately it is theft just because you don't think a fight is worth PPV does not give you the right to nick it. I think Guinness is too expensive in my local does not give me the right to walk round the bar and start pulling my own pints.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 22 Jul 2011, 9:02 am

rowley wrote:Got to say re. streaming I am with Primetime, ultimately it is theft just because you don't think a fight is worth PPV does not give you the right to nick it. I think Guinness is too expensive in my local does not give me the right to walk round the bar and start pulling my own pints.

I agree about streaming Jeff and specifically made a point of saying this to Hobo last night. It was all the gushing and patronising posts that Primetime subjected us too that wound me up. Anyway, I vented my spleen over it last night and have no desire to re-visit it today.

By the way, regarding your complaint letter to Frank Warren, I promise I will reply soon.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 22 Jul 2011, 9:06 am

To be fair I emailed him after 40 fruitless minutes trying to order tickets for a fight from his website and encountering even more nosnsensical error messages and pointless needs to create a password on top of the 40 I had already created. As you have probably already worked out I don't possess the most sunny of dispositions at the best of time so you can probably take a rough guess at the tone of the email.

Totally agree about the hyperbole, hence my first post on this thread. The pity is this is a decent fight, a guy of lots of experience who has fallen a little short at the top level but who is in half decent form against a guy who is yet to prove he will one day be considered top levl is a good match up and should tell us a bit about how far Amir can go, couple this with the unification aspect and it stands up on it's own merit without resorting to over the top statements

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 22 Jul 2011, 9:11 am

Valero's Conscience wrote:Question for Primetime:

I'm out tomorrow night. If I purchase the fight Primetime show on the Sunday like Sky do with their PPV's?

I believe they are repeating it at 10.15 on Sunday and for the next 5 days at various times - I will ask him to clarify when he comes on to judge the competition OK

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Fri 22 Jul 2011, 9:13 am

coxy0001 wrote:God i hope Zab knocks him cold, there's some boxers i don't mind being arrogant tosspots as they do so with an element of showmanship - Khan is just a deluded arrogant toddwadd. One of those fighters i hope loses everytime he steps foot in the ring, apart from when i've had a bet on him a la the Maidana fight where he won me a fortune.

Why do you hate possibly the best LWW in the world when he brought you FOTY last year along with his crushing defeat of Malignaggi. You going eat your words come Saturday night and i cant wait to come on here and write a review about how great he is/was/and is going to become.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 22 Jul 2011, 9:23 am

d260005p wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:God i hope Zab knocks him cold, there's some boxers i don't mind being arrogant tosspots as they do so with an element of showmanship - Khan is just a deluded arrogant toddwadd. One of those fighters i hope loses everytime he steps foot in the ring, apart from when i've had a bet on him a la the Maidana fight where he won me a fortune.

Why do you hate possibly the best LWW in the world when he brought you FOTY last year along with his crushing defeat of Malignaggi. You going eat your words come Saturday night and i cant wait to come on here and write a review about how great he is/was/and is going to become.

Takes two to tango

How many FOTY, or even remotely interesting fights, has Khan been in outside of Maidana? How many has Maidana been in? Great fight with Ortiz, had a good old scrap with Morales etc.

I don't like him because he's a gobby arrogant tosspot. Beating a couple of divisional ranked fighters is good, but it's hardly greatness, it'd take going up against P4P or seriously rated fighters for me to personally allow him to spout his arrogant rubbish.

And by the way, beating Judah - no matter what he does - counts for jack all. Why? Because Judah should've dropped a decision against the horribly average (and poorer version of Maidana) Mathysse and hasn't won a fight against a ranked oppo since what - Spinks in 05 or whenever it was?

And if your point lacked any validness you went and mentioned Malignaggi, who's never actually beaten anything other than a gatekeeper to the division.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next