The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amir Khan vs Zab Judah - The Unification Begins

+36
BoxingFan88
Raymond
Sugar Boy Sweetie
d260005p
milkyboy
Valero's Conscience
bhb001
Pedro147
paullevesque
coxy0001
Mind the windows Tino.
Seanusarrilius
Adam D
John Bloody Wayne
Steffan
BALTIMORA
The genius of PBF
Imperial Ghosty
joeyjojo618
eddyfightfan
TRUSSMAN66
Young_Towzer
HumanWindmill
AlexHuckerby
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Daz
Michaels, Sean
Union Cane
Rowley
Lumbering_Jack
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
paperbag_puncher
The Galveston Giant
Fists of Fury
Scottrf
Primetime
40 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Amir Khan vs Zab Judah - The Unification Begins - Page 6 Empty Amir Khan Documentary on Primetime Next Week

Post by Primetime Wed 13 Jul 2011, 10:16 am

First topic message reminder :

Here's a 5 min preview of an Amir Khan documentary to air on Primetime next week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrKhFRnHUcc

Full length documentary will be 45 mins and is a great watch!

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan vs Zab Judah - The Unification Begins - Page 6 Empty Re: Amir Khan vs Zab Judah - The Unification Begins

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 23 Jul 2011, 12:58 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:Khan does get a lot fo grief but saying things like I have one of the best chins in boxing when we saw you get blown away in 54 seconds by a man who isn't exactly known as a huge puncher makes us think he is a completely deluded man! Saying things about Kell Brook (Who in my opinion is one of the best up and coming British boxers around) like he hasn't fought anyone great when he didn't have much of a CV before he fought at World level makes me think HYPOCRIT! And to be fair Kell took out Scott Macintye a respectable domestic fighter out in a round and Michael Jennings who was a fringe world level opponent out in 5 an dN'Dou who has done well against some big names and is a TOUGH SOB.
Also when he starts spouting out over how he is miles above at this moment in time better than every other boxer in Britain it's just like what are you talking about man!? How has anything you have achieved so far anything better than Haye or Froch?! If he said something among the lines of "I believe I am the most skillful boxer around in Britain and can become one of the top Pound for Pound guys out there" then I'll say fair dues but pretty much just sitting there slagging off guys in your own countries fighters that are very respected and very liked (Forch mainly) and he sits there wondering why people in his own country don't like him!? It makes me just think DO NOT OPEN YOUR MOUTH UNLESS DE LA HOYA HAS PLANTED THE WORDS IN FOR YOU! Because he is so thick he makes Chisora look like a Professor!

He's a good boxer though.

He also forgets he just recently screwed his 'fans' out of 15 bucks for McCloskey, when Sky were willing to give it up for free after the undercard disappeared, but he obviously views himself as something special. That action alone would be enough for me, this was just after report after report come out stating the difficult negotiations with team Khan, greedy. Amir Khan see's dollar signs, i don't know who he thinks he's kidding. It's time he grew up and if all the talk that comes out his mouth really is his own then he will always be like that. People say he's confident, i'm sure Manny's pretty confident in himself, i don't hear him blowing smoke up his own bum everyday, he has a little respect and isn't an idiot. He has got a cheek to mention Sky at all in the build up to this fight, they were the ones willing to cut the fans some slack last time out, it's no wonder he left Warren, the two are very similair in terms of filling their own pockets. You can probably tell all the respect he had built up with me these last few fights has gone, he's going to look a right tool now if Zab beats him.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan vs Zab Judah - The Unification Begins - Page 6 Empty Re: Amir Khan vs Zab Judah - The Unification Begins

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 23 Jul 2011, 1:06 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:Interesting but don't forget some of them were almost non fights Khan versus MR. Journeyman or Barrera who is a name but clearly well well well well past it, Judah is a recognised World level opponent who holds a title also and for my money doesn't look too bad, slightly past it however.

True, they put him PPV far too early, he obviously had a big following to start with that has disappeared.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 23 Jul 2011, 4:28 am

Yeah possibly he was on very good bills though, like the Oisin Fagan fight, the guy was a teacher did he ever stand a chance? That was PPV undoubtedly it had an AWESOME bill behind it but to put that up as a main event it's unlikely to get lots of buys, the Salita fight also I hadn't even heard of the guy before he stepped in with Khan was unbeaten in like 30 or something and I hadn't heard of him? I mean I watch pooloads of boxing whenever I can watch it online watch all the fights on Sky, if I am gonna miss them I record them watch boxing on Eurosport pretty much every channel it's ever on and I'd never heard of him so I don't imagine he'd been in with anyone and had a very padded record so I don't think thats PPV worthy. You never know it might not be Khans fault and he's been managed incorrectly and given the wrong advice by the so called professionals.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 23 Jul 2011, 4:36 am

To be honest with you I wouldn't mind too much if Zab beats him I just outright don't like the guy anymore think he's annoying and just spouts ridiculous things all the time. No doubt he is a good boxer and to be fair most of the time he is relatively entertaining in the ring but especially actions like you mentioned Galveston Giant, it makes me think he is only here for the money and there isn't too much wrong with that if you're open about that, Mayweather clearly loves the money and is open about it but he promotes himself in a way that makes me not mind, they way Khan does it he makes out like he is Manny and is humble and is never disrespectful then he starts talking about how he is clearly head and shoulders above anyone in Britain? Completely disrespecting Froch and Haye and being completely delusional no doubt he has the qualities to and the team around him in a boxing sense but the guy is like Audley only he can actually fight.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 23 Jul 2011, 4:40 am

Not saying that he boxes like Vitali Klitschko but he certainly isn't as scared as Wlad! But the hands are low a lot and he is liable to get caught makes soooo many mistakes defensively and clearly doesn't have a great chin. Gomez caught him with so many I remember so many fights on ITV where I just kept saying my God when he jumps a level he is an accident waiting to happen.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 23 Jul 2011, 7:17 am

Am I mistaken or did I hear him talking about him wanting to retire at 28 I was trying to listen to Amir talk but alas I am only human and can only hear so much coming from him as he does my nut in a bit! Good to watch in the ring (Thankfully) but annoying to listen to however he was talking about making enough money by the age of 28 and retiring with everything intact? Or did I just misinterpretate what he was saying and perhaps he was saying if he could he would be in a finanical situation that would allow him to?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 23 Jul 2011, 7:55 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:Yeah that's expecting more than the McCloskey fight so they're anticipating this it will capture the mind of the boxing fans much more so than McCloskey although McCloskey I imagine got some people for Ireland viewing don't know whether this was via Primetime though, thats a decent 1.5 million the fight generates just through Primetime then if it hits just around that mark, not quite Haye numbers and by the way you guys, how many more numbers would you expect if Khan was with Sky on this? Because I know some shows do much worse numbers than this through Sky...

Here is the link to register - primetime

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat 23 Jul 2011, 9:59 am

for me i find paying 15 quid for this fight difficult (be more if you havnt already used primetime). usually with big ppv fights there on at a decent time and you can get a few round and sometimes share the cost with the rest of the lads. at 3 in the morning none of my casual boxing fan mates are going to be intrested, meaning i would be sat up on my own more than likely falling asleep through a very one sided contest, all for nearly twenty quid.

added to that the last time i used primetime was for a froch super six fight where they had AA fight on beforehand and didnt even show it, when i asked for a refund didnt hear anything back. not been back since

just a quick question for primetime, is the register fee set to the sky box? like i alluded to before i have used primetime before but have since moved house. same sky account so will i still have to pay the fee incase a change of heart (been known to do after few)

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 23 Jul 2011, 10:04 am

I am not sure about the fee - compelling.

I was talking to primetime about 20 minutes ago and he was heading off but said he would be on later. So I am sure he will answer your message.

I know what you are saying about the time of it, but for the big international fights, its always going to be the same (I cant see Mayweather v Pac being fought in the UK!).

You could get your friends around for the 10.15 replay and serve them brunch! In fact I would come around for a fry up!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat 23 Jul 2011, 10:20 am

Hobo wrote:I am not sure about the fee - compelling.

I was talking to primetime about 20 minutes ago and he was heading off but said he would be on later. So I am sure he will answer your message.

I know what you are saying about the time of it, but for the big international fights, its always going to be the same (I cant see Mayweather v Pac being fought in the UK!).

You could get your friends around for the 10.15 replay and serve them brunch! In fact I would come around for a fry up!

thing is hobo, all the state side fights we have been spoilt abit by sky showing them on sky sports for free (i know you have to pay for that anyway, but when you watch as much sport as i do its pretty good value). quite a few good fights all better than khan v judah. its just the usual thing over here if he's british bang him on ppv. theres no undercard to speak of (as usual for most boxing fights now) which means twenty quid for just one fight (seeing though were talking sky sports thats a whole month worth of sky sports or one fight for same value!!)

if i can get a few round to split the cost and not feeling to tired may be tempted, but dont like watching things that are repeated takes the exictment away knowing that quick trip on internet and the results there, also usually end up finding out before hand. got be live for me

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 23 Jul 2011, 10:30 am

i dont think zab is that bad an opponent, he is a champion, had a few wins as of late and training (with whittaker) is apparently going well, he looks fit and strong and is probably the best challenge bar bradley at the weight. its not khans fault hes not at his peak, khan was probably still at school when zab was at his peak, but i dont think he's an empty shell by any means. the undercard is poor, the chisora fury card has more interesting matchups to be honest.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sat 23 Jul 2011, 10:33 am

Poor undercard, will only watch Kirkland and of course the main event.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 23 Jul 2011, 10:34 am

So no brunch for me Crying or Very sad

whatever you do - enjoy it anyway!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 23 Jul 2011, 10:37 am

Does anyone want the chatbox on for tonights fight?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sat 23 Jul 2011, 10:40 am

Hobo wrote:Does anyone want the chatbox on for tonights fight?

I would Hobo, please.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat 23 Jul 2011, 10:42 am

froch was slated for always calling out calzaghe, he put his head down and chose to fight the best avaible to him, which is why now most british boxing fans have alot of time for him.

haye chased the biggest fight avaible to him, there no point in picking the others fighters at the weight because its the worst weight in boxing (perhaps crusier runs it close at least HW got the K bro's)

manny and maywaether are picked apart daily (well i think they still do, not been on a thread with there name in it for a long while)

the biggest dfference is the reaction of the khan fans to there fighter receiving criticism, even if its backed up with some good points. im a froch fan dont mind someone critising him if its justified. khan fans outrage at fans saying khan is stupid for saying he has the best chin in boxing is what i dont get. just waiting for the next card khan nutcases usually use when anybody doesnt like him!

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat 23 Jul 2011, 12:02 pm

Buncey on Khan/Judah and Fury/Chisora

http://news.williamhill.com/a/boxing/bunceys-boxing-podcast-fri-july-22nd/

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 23 Jul 2011, 12:06 pm

Just went round in 45 on that 9 hole Scott. I parred on the 7th which is the most difficult hole. And I won against family Very Happy

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat 23 Jul 2011, 12:08 pm

Getting better then! I have Whittlebury again today. Played Collingtree during the week, great looking course.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Sat 23 Jul 2011, 12:13 pm

compelling and rich wrote:for me i find paying 15 quid for this fight difficult (be more if you havnt already used primetime). usually with big ppv fights there on at a decent time and you can get a few round and sometimes share the cost with the rest of the lads. at 3 in the morning none of my casual boxing fan mates are going to be intrested, meaning i would be sat up on my own more than likely falling asleep through a very one sided contest, all for nearly twenty quid.

added to that the last time i used primetime was for a froch super six fight where they had AA fight on beforehand and didnt even show it, when i asked for a refund didnt hear anything back. not been back since

just a quick question for primetime, is the register fee set to the sky box? like i alluded to before i have used primetime before but have since moved house. same sky account so will i still have to pay the fee incase a change of heart (been known to do after few)

The reg fee is a lifetime membership, just call customer services on 08448429844 and explain the situation they will take your old post code to verify the registration and update your details for tonights fight. Hope that helps

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 23 Jul 2011, 12:15 pm

Sounds good. The 22% Hybrid is my new best friend. I can hit it further and more accurately than with a 3 Wood. Im not a big hitter anyway. Tend to play 'old mans golf' I do. It won Darren Clake The Open so its good enough for me Very Happy

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat 23 Jul 2011, 12:16 pm

cheers primetime

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat 23 Jul 2011, 12:20 pm

Steffan wrote:Sounds good. The 22% Hybrid is my new best friend. I can hit it further and more accurately than with a 3 Wood. Im not a big hitter anyway. Tend to play 'old mans golf' I do. It won Darren Clake The Open so its good enough for me Very Happy
Same, I've turned ultra conservative, don't even carry my driver.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 23 Jul 2011, 12:30 pm

Scottrf wrote:
Steffan wrote:Sounds good. The 22% Hybrid is my new best friend. I can hit it further and more accurately than with a 3 Wood. Im not a big hitter anyway. Tend to play 'old mans golf' I do. It won Darren Clake The Open so its good enough for me Very Happy
Same, I've turned ultra conservative, don't even carry my driver.

I dont carry my Driver or 3 Wood at all now. Either tee off with the Hybrid or my trusty 4 Iron

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 23 Jul 2011, 12:49 pm

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 23 Jul 2011, 12:52 pm

We are not good enough to post over there...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 23 Jul 2011, 12:58 pm

Just to let you know, we are going to move your golfing posts to the pub thread soon OK carry on the chat in there please.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6