The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zab Judah wants a rematch with Amir Khan

+3
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Rowley
JabMachineMK2
7 posters

Go down

Zab Judah wants a rematch with Amir Khan Empty Zab Judah wants a rematch with Amir Khan

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:26 am

Just been reading about this on SSN

Zab Judah is angling for a rematch with Amir Khan after beating Vernon Paris in a IBF light-welterweight eliminator over the weekend, insisting "the real Zab Judah will show up" should that happen.

Judah, 34, has already fought Khan once before - losing to the Bolton fighter in an IBF and WBA unification bout thanks to a fifth-round knockout in a one-sided contest in July 2011, although he later complained that the fight should not have been stopped for what he believed was a low blow.

Khan is currently preparing for a rematch against Lamont Peterson, after losing his titles to the American last December, and Judah is calling for a bout against whoever wins that contest.

Judah may not get his wish, however, with Khan expected to step up a weight class in pursuit of a super-fight against Floyd Mayweather Jnr if he gets revenge over Peterson.

"If Khan beats Peterson again, I would hope I get my due respect," Judah said. "That rematch, if it should present itself, this time the real Zab Judah will show up.

"I'll be looking to get in there and be very dominant."

Judah acknowledged that a meeting with Peterson, should the Washington-based brawler win, would present its own difficulties - with the two fighters sharing a close relationship.

"If he should beat Amir Khan, Lamont is a great friend of mine," he noted. "[But] If that should be the case, we'll go in there and do what we've got to do.

Personally I don't see what this offers Khan at this point - Judah was quite simply outclassed in their last outing and his moaning about the low blow was just sour grapes for me.

I see Khan handling him in much quicker fashion within 4.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Zab Judah wants a rematch with Amir Khan Empty Re: Zab Judah wants a rematch with Amir Khan

Post by Rowley Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:46 am

Zab Judah has been threatening to show us the real Zab Judah for around 15 years now, the first fight was not especially entertaining and was pretty one sided, struggle to see how this one sells, think post Petersen Khan will be looking at welter anyway, with Bradley gone there is not too much to get excited about at light welter, and with the megastars at welter as well as Brook, Berto and a seemingly refocussed Alexander all up at welter you have to think his plan will be to get in the mix there.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Zab Judah wants a rematch with Amir Khan Empty Re: Zab Judah wants a rematch with Amir Khan

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:51 am

I agree, Zab can't step it up against World Class opposition, the only reason he won a title was that his opponent was a very weak prospect indeed and it was vacant in the first place.

I assume Khan will go after Bradley after he loses to Pacquiao or Alexander next. I can't see any future for him at LWW even if he beats Peterson because as you say, they all seem to step up.

Think Khan vs Ortiz would be a bloodbath. A showman like Khan who sticks his chin out vs a banger like Ortiz at WW would be a massacre for Khan.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:55 am

He actually looked fantastic at the weekend. He came at Paris very aggressively and his shots looked like they packed plenty of pop.

That being said, nobody would want to see this fight as the first match was awful. Judah only has himself to blame. He fought like a girl last time and looked for the first excuse to get out of the fight.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:58 am

It's been a while since Judah really provided good value for money - and I doubt anyone would want to cough up their hard-earned money for the (dis)pleasure of him having another tilt at Khan. Peterson might suit him a little more, who knows, but I don't think Zab can really justify himself as a viable opponent for these bigger fights anymore, given his limp performance against Khan last time out.

The thing is, I actually thought he had the style to frustrate Khan and have him tied up in knots at times. He looked excellent against Mabuza, save for the almost obligatory Zab mini-meltdown when he almost cried in frustration after having a dubious knockdown ruled in favour of his opponent. I should have known better, I suppose; every time the going gets tough or his opponent turns out to be a little better than he anticipated, Zab simply throws in the towel in his head and loses his cool. His "low blow" and "I couldn't hear the count" protests after that fight were, quite frankly, embarrassing.

Khan would simply overwhelm him again, you'd have to think. Peterson would probably outmuscle, outlast and outtough him on the basis of how he fought Khan and hung on in there against Ortiz. Sorry Zab, but it's too late on in your career to start bringing the "real Zab Judah" to the party now.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:25 am

Would definitely be a step back for Khan if he fought Judah again,Khan done the first job convincingly.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:38 pm

Zab quit in the first fight for me after i thought he was going to give Amir a tough fight, needs to beat someone a lot more convincing than Paris to be anywhere near deserving of a rematch.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:56 pm

Unfortunately we did see the real Zab Judah went he fought Khan. Bottled it and looked for an excuse when things got too much for him. Shame really as I was a big Judah fan. All the talent in the world but not the mental strength to see it through.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down