The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amir Khan raises doubt over controversial defeat to Peterson due to a mystery man at ringside

+31
kevchadders
Steffan
oxring
braveheart101
joeyjojo618
HumanWindmill
Nico the gman
Knowsit17
The Sweet Science UK
Rowley
Union Cane
AlexHuckerby
coxy0001
Adam D
Valero's Conscience
dangerous_mouse
Waingro
Virtual Chrissy Wissy
tunes666
Lance
manos de piedra
School Project
TRUSSMAN66
ONETWOFOREVER
ShahenshahG
Imperial Ghosty
The Galveston Giant
azania
johnson2
monzon
Fernando
35 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Amir Khan raises doubt over controversial defeat to Peterson due to a mystery man at ringside - Page 2 Empty Amir Khan raises doubt over controversial defeat to Peterson due to a mystery man at ringside

Post by Fernando Thu 05 Jan 2012, 9:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

Amir Khan has raised fresh doubts over the validity of his clash with Lamont Peterson last month, where the Briton controversially lost his IBF and WBO light-welterweight title belts in Washington.

Khan lost a dramatic battle with Peterson on points, after he was deducted two points for pushing.

Many pundits and fans questioned the judging after the fight, and Khan lodged an appeal, which will be held later this month.

The 26-year-old has now taken to Twitter to send out a number of images of the fight. He is particularly concerned with the appearance of one man ringside.

Here is the full list of Amir Khan's Tweets sent on Thursday afternoon:

'hey tweeps, i want to share with my fans the latest on the peterson fight situation, the truth is finaly coming out slowly but surely'

'i knew there was something dodgey with the scoring, forget about the fight and the ref for now, im my own biggest critic i know what'

'i done right and wrong, very close fight Peterson fought great but i still believe i won by 1 or 2 rounds, i aint whining or complaing'

'ther has been some crazy judging in 2011 n i want 2 put a stop to it'

'if I lost fair and square then fair enough I've lost n I move on, but does it really take over 10 minutes from the final bell to decide who's won? we've filed an appeal through and we should get a decision from the WBA and the IBF within the next 2 weeks'

'I'm angry as I want the rematch next to put things straight but it doesn't look like he wants it'

'watch the fight from 9.10 seconds of this video ther is a guy wearing a grey suit with a blue shirt wearing a hat'

'Sat on the main judges panel at the front on the right hand side 3rd to the end'

'No1 knows who this guy is and he is now bieng asked to move by Michael Walsh who is the main supervisor for the wba as he should be sat there'

'He now gets a chair and sits slightly infront of @OscarDeLaHoya and my father'

'At the beginning of round 2 he manages to squeeze in at the front again sat next to Michael Walsh'

'Now the IBF and the WBA have still not confirmed who this guy is till this date and what he was doing there.. Now the interesting part'

'I watched the whole fight again this time just concentrating on this guy wearing the hat, thanks to allot of friends and boxing experts who pointed this out to me'

'Now this guy doesn't do anything apart from watching the fight but that's only until round 6 when he starts to interfere!'

'From round 6 all the way through to round 12 this guy starts to interfere with what Michael Walsh is doing and they are both not watching the fight, watch the video and have a look for yourselfs'

'This is what I meant on how he was interfeering, as no one is allowed according to the rules to touch hold the scorescards or even talk to the judges n commision during the fight'

'There are 3 judges in a fight n all have different colour slips, n at the end of evry round thy get passed on to the wba ibf n dc commision'

'This pic shows here in round 6 the guy wearing the hat clearing picks up one of the judges white slips n if you watch the video slides it down and towards him'

'Another pic of the guy wearing the hat interfering different camera angle'

'And this guy doese it again at the beginning of round 7, n carries on throughout all the way to the end of the fight wtf?'

'Again in round 8 and round 9, cleary not watching the fight at all and not allowing Michael Walsh to watch too'

'This time in round 11 he's seen here clearly picking up a yellow judges slip.. Strictly againts the rules'

'I've read in some articles and people have also told me that after the fight Michael Walsh the guy in the red tie apparently said his score cards didn't match up to the others, it wasn't fair and he looked really scared and he was told to butt out and there was nothing he could do.. Since then no one has heard from him'

'I want Michael Walsh to come out and speak out about what was going on, its only right and fair to do so'

'Heres a Close up pic The question is.. Who is this guy? And what was he doing? I'm sure someone outthere knows'

'watch here for yourselfs round 6-12 will be interesting if we finally get our answer'

Source: Daily Mail : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2082663/Amir-Khan-raises-fresh-doubts-Lamont-Peterson-win.html

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan raises doubt over controversial defeat to Peterson due to a mystery man at ringside - Page 2 Empty Re: Amir Khan raises doubt over controversial defeat to Peterson due to a mystery man at ringside

Post by azania Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:25 pm

manos de piedra wrote:I havent been following this saga too closely, so Im probably wrong here. But was there not a situation whereby one of the judges scored the round where Khan had a point deducted in error? Perhaps this was an attempt to rectify that or something along those lines.

It seems like a pretty half assed and overly-complicated way to go about rigging a fight in all honesty.

It would have required a dodgy referee to deduct two point, the judges to be in on it, probably the wba and ibf also and now a supposed mystery man involved in tampering with the cards on top of it all? They should have hired the crew from Helsinki if they wanted a clean rigging.

It seems to me when you consider the delay at the end with the cards and now this latest revalation that there may have been some error on one of the cards made and an attempt to rectify it and clarify what happened after the fight with it. If it was a set up then it was very messy way to go about it.

An error between R6 - 12?

azania

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan raises doubt over controversial defeat to Peterson due to a mystery man at ringside - Page 2 Empty Re: Amir Khan raises doubt over controversial defeat to Peterson due to a mystery man at ringside

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:25 pm

Lived in Germany, lived in Iran you get around a bit.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:25 pm

Could finally become the champion America is craving.......

Mate he lost to Bradley who is American..

If you are on the wind up just go to bed!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:26 pm

Agree Truss that was garbage but America like the rest of the world couldn't give a rats arse about Bradley.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:26 pm

Lance wrote:so many things seem to have gone against khan in this fight. clearly the guy had no chance of winning and everyone has conspired against him, so that boxings golden boy lamont peterson could finally become the champion america has been craving. or at least thats how khans painting it. live in iran long enough and im sure you will end up hating the british too

I don't understand the Iran reference?

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:27 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Could finally become the champion America is craving.......

Mate he lost to Bradley who is American..

If you are on the wind up just go to bed!!

He was doing irony....you're american right Whistle

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:28 pm

You're right Ghosty about Tim...but Petersen is ordinary and there for the taking..

Hardly somebody America is craving for..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:28 pm

azania wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:I havent been following this saga too closely, so Im probably wrong here. But was there not a situation whereby one of the judges scored the round where Khan had a point deducted in error? Perhaps this was an attempt to rectify that or something along those lines.

It seems like a pretty half assed and overly-complicated way to go about rigging a fight in all honesty.

It would have required a dodgy referee to deduct two point, the judges to be in on it, probably the wba and ibf also and now a supposed mystery man involved in tampering with the cards on top of it all? They should have hired the crew from Helsinki if they wanted a clean rigging.

It seems to me when you consider the delay at the end with the cards and now this latest revalation that there may have been some error on one of the cards made and an attempt to rectify it and clarify what happened after the fight with it. If it was a set up then it was very messy way to go about it.

An error at some point and then back and forth discussions to try and clarify and rectify it, yes.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:28 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Lived in Germany, lived in Iran you get around a bit.

ive never been to iran myself. the point is if you only hear one side of the story for so long it starts to stack up. khan is starting to sound desparate though. he should have just clung on to one wrong doing and squeezed the life out of it, surely he cant be taken seriously anymore

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:29 pm

manos de piedra wrote:
azania wrote:

An error at some point and then back and forth discussions to try and clarify and rectify it, yes.

OK. BUt dont you think he should be doing that between rounds?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:29 pm

He was doing irony.........

Is she any good????

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:32 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He was doing irony.........

Is she any good????

No no no. You're talking about ironing.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:34 pm

next time khan fights, i hope he wins, hes the worst and most boring loser ive seen in a long time

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:36 pm

Then what will guys here complain about? The weather?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:39 pm

azania wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:
azania wrote:

OK. BUt dont you think he should be doing that between rounds?

Possibly he was doing it between rounds aswell. Was there not some definate mistake (innocent it would seem) whereby one judge didnt score the point deduction against Khan and thus had to change his card. Id it not possible that this was noticed and brought to the attention of the judge? Im just specualting here, as it seems there was some kind of mistake made so it could be plausible that this "mystery man" was just an official trying to alert the judge as to a discrepency.

As I said above, if it was a set up then its an ultra complicated way to try and go about doing it. If they wanted to rig it then they could have just done that from the outset without the need of this mystery man. I would find it easier to believe some kind of other mistake had been made which needed to be brought to attention.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:42 pm

Manos, we're all speculating hee. Its all we can do. But according to the rules, no one is permitted to even talk to the judge during the fight. That was a clear infrindgement of the rules.. Also no-one is allowed to even look at his score card until after the fight. Not in this case. The guy was clearly handling the cards.

Admittedly its all too far fetchewd to be a fix unless some far east gambling syndicate had nobbled too many people. But Khan is rightfully concerned.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:45 pm

This is what Bunce has on the card error:

"There was confusion rather than conspiracy and controversy over the tally of the scores because, on the final sheet, which inspectors at ringside compiled after each round, there was an ugly amendment in one column to the round seven score. A line had been drawn through Khan's score of "10"' and replaced by an "eight". It must have been the inspector's doing and not the judge's but, in the world's greatest conspiracy city, a raucous debate ensued.

However, Khan's promoter, Oscar De La Hoya, claimed to have seen all 36 individual scores – that's one each by the judges for the 12 completed rounds – and was satisfied that no error of calculation had assisted in Khan's downfall. "It's the referee and not the judges that I'm concerned about," De La Hoya claimed."

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:46 pm

Lance wrote:next time khan fights, i hope he wins, hes the worst and most boring loser ive seen in a long time

Good point i'm not sure i could do this again. I like manos point about it being to do with correcting the scorecard. Khan should be able to find out who he is. I would need to see video of how much and how long he was involved for. He should not be doing that when he should be watching the fight though, but again i can only see pictures just now.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:47 pm

manos de piedra wrote:This is what Bunce has on the card error:

"There was confusion rather than conspiracy and controversy over the tally of the scores because, on the final sheet, which inspectors at ringside compiled after each round, there was an ugly amendment in one column to the round seven score. A line had been drawn through Khan's score of "10"' and replaced by an "eight". It must have been the inspector's doing and not the judge's but, in the world's greatest conspiracy city, a raucous debate ensued.

However, Khan's promoter, Oscar De La Hoya, claimed to have seen all 36 individual scores – that's one each by the judges for the 12 completed rounds – and was satisfied that no error of calculation had assisted in Khan's downfall. "It's the referee and not the judges that I'm concerned about," De La Hoya claimed."

Mystery solved.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:49 pm

I've seen and read the card explaination. No issues there.

As I said there's probably some reasonable and innocent explaination about that guy, but regardless of its innocence, he should have been watching the fight and how amateurish are they to allow someone other than the judge to handle the score cards.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:51 pm

khan is not concerned, he doesnt believe he has a point, otherwise he would be privately taking it up with the right authorities. he is clearly throwing as much mud at the fight as he can, cos the more that sticks, the more controversial petersons win becomes and the more it gets discounted by khans customers. meaning his reputation is less harmed by the defeat. this is all just damage limitations by a spoilt bad loser, and it stinks

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:53 pm

azania wrote:

I've seen and read the card explaination. No issues there.

As I said there's probably some reasonable and innocent explaination about that guy, but regardless of its innocence, he should have been watching the fight and how amateurish are they to allow someone other than the judge to handle the score cards.

I agree it amateurish (how hard can it be to put the correct scores in each box?), but Im not convinced Khan is right about no one else being allowed to touch the cards. From what Bunce says it seems that inspectors are, in fact, able to collect the cards at the end of each round and that this might have been an inspector asking the judge why he had scored the round 10-8 to Khan when the ref had issued a deduction? Or asking him if it was ok to ammend the card in question?

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:58 pm

Yes, collect cards at the end of each round. Not mid round. And they are not allowed to talk to the judge. I'm not too concerned with the 10-8 round which was scored incorrectly. An innocent mistake.

But too many innocent mistakes makes a conspiracy. What good this is doing is selling Khan to Americans. Controversy sells. A rematch will be huge. I dont know if Khan is clever enough to know what is going on, but if I were his advisors, I would tell him to bitch some more and louder. It would make a rematch inevitable and generate a bigger purse for both guys.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu 05 Jan 2012, 11:02 pm

azania wrote:Yes, collect cards at the end of each round. Not mid round. And they are not allowed to talk to the judge. I'm not too concerned with the 10-8 round which was scored incorrectly. An innocent mistake.

But too many innocent mistakes makes a conspiracy. What good this is doing is selling Khan to Americans. Controversy sells. A rematch will be huge. I dont know if Khan is clever enough to know what is going on, but if I were his advisors, I would tell him to bitch some more and louder. It would make a rematch inevitable and generate a bigger purse for both guys.

he will continue to bitch until he gets his rematch. and if he doesnt get the rematch then every fan that is taken in by his claims is damage limitations. doesnt stop it being pathetic though.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 05 Jan 2012, 11:07 pm

Lance wrote:
azania wrote:Yes, collect cards at the end of each round. Not mid round. And they are not allowed to talk to the judge. I'm not too concerned with the 10-8 round which was scored incorrectly. An innocent mistake.

he will continue to bitch until he gets his rematch. and if he doesnt get the rematch then every fan that is taken in by his claims is damage limitations. doesnt stop it being pathetic though.

Not a fan of Khan I take it.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 05 Jan 2012, 11:08 pm

It also should be consider that this mystery man is sitting right in front of de la Hoya and the other officials. Hes not exactly subtle.

To be fair to Khan though - assuming the man sat in the red tie is actually a judge, it does appear that he spends very little time actually watching the fight. I watched a few rounds of it back there and from about round 6/7 on he spends most of his time in conversation or else looking down at the table reading.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 05 Jan 2012, 11:12 pm

manos de piedra wrote:

It also should be consider that this mystery man is sitting right in front of de la Hoya and the other officials. Hes not exactly subtle.

To be fair to Khan though - assuming the man sat in the red tie is actually a judge, it does appear that he spends very little time actually watching the fight. I watched a few rounds of it back there and from about round 6/7 on he spends most of his time in conversation or else looking down at the table reading.

Your last paragraph sums it up. If that guy was a judge, then it wasn't that fight he was judging, Again too amateurish to be a conspiracy. But it did happen in America where anything is possible.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Thu 05 Jan 2012, 11:17 pm

the guy has a ringside seat... he could been anyone.. and it would not have been a very secretive attempt to mess with the score cards!

What are they saying?, the judge was not set up but another guy told him what to put and he though... hmmm ok?

What are they insinuating.

At the end of the day there is allot of dodgy stuff in Boxing and it is annoying when a decision goes against you. But sometimes you have to except that if a fight goes close then you risk loosing.

The fight was very close, and while during the fight Khan probably done more. with the two points taken away, the decision was reasonable.

And he was pushing and holding him all night trying to stop him from fighting on the inside. He was warned lots and ignored it. You could also say that Peterson was unlucky to be given a knock down in rnd 1. As Khan just charges into people and tries to take advantage when they loose balance.

I am a bit annoyed hearing about it now. It was very close and he fought in the guys back yard, so he is entitled to a rematch. But I actually hope Peterson does not give it to him now after all this. I would love it if Peterson beat him again.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 05 Jan 2012, 11:23 pm

I'm goint to throw in a conspiracy here. Perhaps all these issues is a mask for an even bigger mistake that took place prior to the fight. The fact that team Khan were so confident in winning that they didn't insert a rematch clause in the contract.

Forget the judging and the ref. This was the biggest mistake done. Whoever over-looked that was the biggest tool. He should be fired immediately.

Make noise = getting a rematch. Creating controversy where there is none = bigger interest. Create a conspiracy = bigger paychecks.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 05 Jan 2012, 11:25 pm

azania wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:

Your last paragraph sums it up. If that guy was a judge, then it wasn't that fight he was judging, Again too amateurish to be a conspiracy. But it did happen in America where anything is possible.

I dont think the guy is a judge though. The three judges scoring were Nelson Vazquez, George Hill and Valerie Dorsett. The guy in question is supposedly Michael Walsh.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtual Chrissy Wissy Fri 06 Jan 2012, 12:34 am

Oh the irony of Freddie Roach commenting on skewed scoring, cough, gulp, Marquez, splutter....

Virtual Chrissy Wissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Fri 06 Jan 2012, 12:46 am

This is no surprise the fight was a hometown job why do people think there has not been big time boxing in washington for 20 years?? It is because of this kind of thing this shows that the fight was a robbery people said it was a close fight maybe it was but lets be honest if this fight was held anywhere else Khan would still be champ.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 06 Jan 2012, 12:59 am

Waingro wrote:This is no surprise the fight was a hometown job why do people think there has not been big time boxing in washington for 20 years?? It is because of this kind of thing this shows that the fight was a robbery people said it was a close fight maybe it was but lets be honest if this fight was held anywhere else Khan would still be champ.

When was the last fight in DC? Who were the fighters? Was there a robbery? English is not my first language. Not even my second language. SO please write in english to make it easier for this Johnny Foreigner to be able to understand. And add some commas to break it down a lil pleez blud. Aight?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by dangerous_mouse Fri 06 Jan 2012, 2:10 am

You could have inspector gadet and the loony toones hiding amidst the crowd, it could've even been bugs bunny dressed up as a human ref in there that night but it still doesnt change the fact that khan ran away from peterson when under fire, ran like a fighter with no defence and desered to loose the fight.

Khan family in disney land.

dangerous_mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by dangerous_mouse Fri 06 Jan 2012, 2:14 am

its a bit like trigger happy TV, who remembers the mysterious russian guy with a hat "in moshko the rivers are bright in autumn"

dangerous_mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 06 Jan 2012, 8:17 am

Sounds fishy, can't exactly blame Khan for raising this.

Also, the Sun website has the full fight with HBO coverage if its of any interest to anyone:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/boxing/4041876/Amir-Khan-riddle-Khan-claims-he-has-proof-Lamont-Peterson-scoring-was-dodgy.html

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 06 Jan 2012, 8:42 am

response from El Presidente:

The president of the WBA, Gilberto Mendoza, has told BBC Sport that he is examining Amir Khan's Twitter allegations and will make a response to Khan's camp within the next 24 hours.

The IBF told BBC Sport that "with regards to the IBF master scorecard we can assure that it has not been tampered with".

Among a string of tweets, Khan alleges that the unidentified man started to "interfere" with Welsh in round six and continued to do so until the end of the fight.

He also claims that the man talked to Welsh and handled the scorecards, which were handed to Welsh at the end of each round, and that Welsh admitted after the fight that his scorecards did not match the others.

Last month Khan had told of his unhappiness with the performance of referee Joe Cooper - who deducted Khan two points for pushing - and alleged scorecard irregularities.

Khan's trainer Freddie Roach told BBC Sport he believes his charge "got screwed".

Roach said he wanted to see Cooper suspended from officiating future world title fights and that "the fight should 100% be looked into".

"I have no knowledge of any wrong-doing but it was unusual how long it took [for the scorecards to be tallied]," said Roach, Khan's trainer since 2008.

"Wrong-doing in boxing is always hard to prove but we got screwed in that fight. I hope something is done about it.

"I'd like to see the DC Boxing and Wrestling Commission look into the fight and I think the WBA and IBF - the sanctioning bodies - should be involved also.

Asked if his suspicions were aroused on the night, Roach said: "It goes through your mind [that there may be wrongdoing]. I mean, how hard can it be to add 12 rounds of boxing up?

"And Amir had two points deducted for pushing - the first time I've ever seen that."

Khan's business manager Asif Vali said they had written to the boxing authorities about the unidentified man.

"We don't know who the official is," he said. "We've asked the question, we've written to Washington DC and we're still waiting for their response, and we've written to the IBF and they've still not responded.

"If the answers are legitimate, fine, we'll accept them. If they're not legitimate, then we hope the rematch takes place, and if the rematch takes place, all this can be squashed."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/16435696.stm

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:04 am

What i find a joke is that Khan was the massive odds on favourite, how many underdogs win and the loser/big fish/big GBP hope cries foul that he was screwed over? He lost a very close fight, it wasn't the judges fault that his laughable defensive limitations were exposed and that he didn't do enough to nick a close decision.

Amir Khan, you're a disgrace to British boxing, the British public and yourself. Stop whining like the little pathetic brat you are.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:40 am

Just read this, I have to be fair to Amir, this is VERY strange, no one should be talking to the judges let alone messing around with the scorecards... VERY strange.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:49 am

coxy0001 wrote:What i find a joke is that Khan was the massive odds on favourite, how many underdogs win and the loser/big fish/big GBP hope cries foul that he was screwed over? He lost a very close fight, it wasn't the judges fault that his laughable defensive limitations were exposed and that he didn't do enough to nick a close decision.

Amir Khan, you're a disgrace to British boxing, the British public and yourself. Stop whining like the little pathetic brat you are.

Yes, Khan should be humble and classy. Accept that he got 2 points deducted for an 'offense' that no other boxers gets points dducted for. He should ce humble and accept someone interfering with a judge, looking at the card, handling the card. Distracting the judge. Yep every other boxer would have accepted that and just moved on without a squeek.

Why cant he be like Hatton. That man of the people who was very humble and gracious after losing to Floyd. A credit to British boxing and public.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:50 am

Alex, was this guy also fiddling with the other scorecard that had it for Peterson? I forgot the other judge 'didn't have exactly the same score.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:50 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:Just read this, I have to be fair to Amir, this is VERY strange, no one should be talking to the judges let alone messing around with the scorecards... VERY strange.

Many here dont seem to want to be.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:53 am

Az, as my point above - was this guy also sat beside the other judge who also scored the fight 113-112?

Is he superman?

Did he have an invisibility cloak?

You seem to forget the vital fact that this judge came up with the same score as the other judge who went for Peterson. And most people had it extremely close, this isn't a robbery like Khan is claiming it to be and i couldn't really give two hoots about some guy in a hat.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:57 am

azania wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:Just read this, I have to be fair to Amir, this is VERY strange, no one should be talking to the judges let alone messing around with the scorecards... VERY strange.

We'll just wait for the investigation to conclude there was no wrong doing shall we?

Az, answer the question posed to you:

Did the judge score the outcome of the fight exactly the same as the other judge who awarded it to Peterson?

Let me guess, was he hypnotised by the guy sat behind him to score the fight for Peterson?

With allllllll the officials oresent, not least Khans sodding promoter being there, do you think anything untowards has happened? Use your brain for once.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:08 am

coxy0001 wrote:Az, as my point above - was this guy also sat beside the other judge who also scored the fight 113-112?

Is he superman?

Did he have an invisibility cloak?

You seem to forget the vital fact that this judge came up with the same score as the other judge who went for Peterson. And most people had it extremely close, this isn't a robbery like Khan is claiming it to be and i couldn't really give two hoots about some guy in a hat.

All very irrelevant. The rules (something Khan was acused of breaking and thus deserving of points deductions) appear to have been sidestepped. In mid round, no-one is supposed to talk or distract the official. Based on the video, something that should not have happened, seems to have happened.

Of course it could all be very innocent.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:10 am

Just read the whole thread now, Bunce's report sounds accurate enough to me and a reasonable enough explanation, that being said, it is still a tad dodgy.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:11 am

coxy0001 wrote:
azania wrote:

We'll just wait for the investigation to conclude there was no wrong doing shall we?

Az, answer the question posed to you:

Did the judge score the outcome of the fight exactly the same as the other judge who awarded it to Peterson?

Let me guess, was he hypnotised by the guy sat behind him to score the fight for Peterson?

With allllllll the officials oresent, not least Khans sodding promoter being there, do you think anything untowards has happened? Use your brain for once.

Yep, we'll have to wait and see. Nice change of tune from you there though.

Simple answer to your question. He had a dagger behind the guy forcing him to score for Peterson.

Next stupid question please boy.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:12 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:Just read the whole thread now, Bunce's report sounds accurate enough to me and a reasonable enough explanation, that being said, it is still a tad dodgy.

The whole set up was amateurish. The officiating and in particular the fact that no rematch clause was written into the contract.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:12 am

azania wrote:Next stupid question please boy.

Can we cut that out please chaps?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:13 am

Just to be clear. The "mystery man" is not sitting beside a judge. He is sitting beside the fight supervisor. He could be an assistant, official or even just a messanger. Initially I thought it was a judge which would make it a bit stranger but Im not sure it completely out of leftfield that the commisioner would be discussing something with someone else at ringside. He also doing it in full view of team GBP so if it was something that was highly illegal you would think they would have noticed it.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next