The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breidis' Rocky 4 moment following Amir Khan defeat

+4
ONETWOFOREVER
paperbag_puncher
azania
Commander
8 posters

Go down

Breidis' Rocky 4 moment following Amir Khan defeat Empty Breidis' Rocky 4 moment following Amir Khan defeat

Post by Commander Sun 11 Dec 2011, 11:07 pm

If I can change, you can change.. everybody can change!! (Or maybe he just wants another pay-day)

Courtesy of Boxing Scene

Junior welterweight Breidis Prescott, the first man to defeat Amir Khan in 2008 by knockout in 54 seconnds, was impressed by the British fighter's performance on Saturday night. Khan lost a split decision, and his WBA/IBF title, to Lamont Peterson in Washington, DC.

How did you see the Khan vs. Peterson fight?

I thought it was a very close fight. Peterson landed the cleaner punches but Khan I thought won more rounds. But I've been on the bad end of decisions, you got to move forward. It was fun to watch.

You lost a devastating fight that you were winning against Mike Alvarado. Now Khan loses, where do you both go from here?

I would love to fight Alvarado in a rematch and I bet Amir would love to fight Peterson so let's do a doubleheader and winners fight each other. Both great fights and fans would have a blast.

Where you surprised that Khan took the punches so well?

No. He has taking everyone's punches pretty good. Maidana hurt him and so did Peterson. but never had him off his feet. People don't give me credit but after watching the punches he took from those guys its my punching power that he doesn't react well too.

It would be a great doubleheader. Closing thoughts?

It was a good night for boxing. Amir proved he is a warrior. The Mum jokes were just jokes. I'm not going to kick him while he's down. The reason I've always wanted to fight him again was to prove to him and his people that the KO wasn't a fluke. But hey I wish him the best and I hope we fight some day. I will come back stronger than ever and keep making throwback fights. I fight for the fans across the world. I love fighting in Europe, they are great fans. I promised Colombia a world title and I won't stop until I do it.

Commander

Back to top Go down

Breidis' Rocky 4 moment following Amir Khan defeat Empty Re: Breidis' Rocky 4 moment following Amir Khan defeat

Post by azania Sun 11 Dec 2011, 11:15 pm

Here's a man looking for a payday. If he couldn't beat the Irish fella, then he has no business fighting Khan.

azania

Back to top Go down

Breidis' Rocky 4 moment following Amir Khan defeat Empty Re: Breidis' Rocky 4 moment following Amir Khan defeat

Post by paperbag_puncher Mon 12 Dec 2011, 12:27 am

Absolutely no need for a rematch unless Khan decided he wanted to shut him up once and for all and avenge one of the stains on his record.. Can't see how it sells. Their careers even after Khan's recent defeat have gone on completely separate paths. If they were to have had a rematch it had to have been in the immediate aftermath of the first fight.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 12 Dec 2011, 12:37 am

Bredis would destroy Khan. Khan is doing a better job ducking Bredis then he did when he failed to duck his left hook.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 12 Dec 2011, 12:39 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Bredis would destroy Khan. Khan is doing a better job ducking Bredis then he did when he failed to duck his left hook.

You forgot "imo".

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 12 Dec 2011, 12:51 am

After watching last nights fight a lot of aggressive fighters will be lining up to get a shot Khan due to his lack of infighting skills and inability to fight when moving backwards.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 12 Dec 2011, 6:29 am

Khan has shown once that he can learn from a defeat. If he isn't in denial over this and continues to blame the third man in the ring, then he could come back a better fighter. Not a done deal, but he is stilll young enough and still remains a world calss opponent for anyone at or near his weight. Plenty more pay days left for Khan. Mind you, there goes his sports personality of the year award!!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 12 Dec 2011, 10:51 am

After watching last nights fight a lot of aggressive fighters will be lining up to get a shot Khan due to his lack of infighting skills and inability to fight when moving backwards..

Spot on. I think that Roach has a fair bit of work to do with Khan to sort out some of those infighting skills. He looked genuinely clueless at times. Still, he is relatively young and has time to learn - but Saturday exposed the truth that Khan isn't as complete as he thinks he is.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 12 Dec 2011, 11:02 am

azania wrote:Here's a man looking for a payday. If he couldn't beat the Irish fella, then he has no business fighting Khan.

To be fair he got shafted against McClosky

Based on the last performance Bradley would be Khans worst nightmare. Looking back now, Maidana wrote the book on how to be Khan. If Khan wouldn't have caught him with that peach of a body shot in the first, he probably would have been outworked.

Would a prime Hatton beat Khan? I think so.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down