The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amir Khan raises doubt over controversial defeat to Peterson due to a mystery man at ringside

+31
kevchadders
Steffan
oxring
braveheart101
joeyjojo618
HumanWindmill
Nico the gman
Knowsit17
The Sweet Science UK
Rowley
Union Cane
AlexHuckerby
coxy0001
Adam D
Valero's Conscience
dangerous_mouse
Waingro
Virtual Chrissy Wissy
tunes666
Lance
manos de piedra
School Project
TRUSSMAN66
ONETWOFOREVER
ShahenshahG
Imperial Ghosty
The Galveston Giant
azania
johnson2
monzon
Fernando
35 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Amir Khan raises doubt over controversial defeat to Peterson due to a mystery man at ringside - Page 3 Empty Amir Khan raises doubt over controversial defeat to Peterson due to a mystery man at ringside

Post by Fernando Thu 05 Jan 2012, 9:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

Amir Khan has raised fresh doubts over the validity of his clash with Lamont Peterson last month, where the Briton controversially lost his IBF and WBO light-welterweight title belts in Washington.

Khan lost a dramatic battle with Peterson on points, after he was deducted two points for pushing.

Many pundits and fans questioned the judging after the fight, and Khan lodged an appeal, which will be held later this month.

The 26-year-old has now taken to Twitter to send out a number of images of the fight. He is particularly concerned with the appearance of one man ringside.

Here is the full list of Amir Khan's Tweets sent on Thursday afternoon:

'hey tweeps, i want to share with my fans the latest on the peterson fight situation, the truth is finaly coming out slowly but surely'

'i knew there was something dodgey with the scoring, forget about the fight and the ref for now, im my own biggest critic i know what'

'i done right and wrong, very close fight Peterson fought great but i still believe i won by 1 or 2 rounds, i aint whining or complaing'

'ther has been some crazy judging in 2011 n i want 2 put a stop to it'

'if I lost fair and square then fair enough I've lost n I move on, but does it really take over 10 minutes from the final bell to decide who's won? we've filed an appeal through and we should get a decision from the WBA and the IBF within the next 2 weeks'

'I'm angry as I want the rematch next to put things straight but it doesn't look like he wants it'

'watch the fight from 9.10 seconds of this video ther is a guy wearing a grey suit with a blue shirt wearing a hat'

'Sat on the main judges panel at the front on the right hand side 3rd to the end'

'No1 knows who this guy is and he is now bieng asked to move by Michael Walsh who is the main supervisor for the wba as he should be sat there'

'He now gets a chair and sits slightly infront of @OscarDeLaHoya and my father'

'At the beginning of round 2 he manages to squeeze in at the front again sat next to Michael Walsh'

'Now the IBF and the WBA have still not confirmed who this guy is till this date and what he was doing there.. Now the interesting part'

'I watched the whole fight again this time just concentrating on this guy wearing the hat, thanks to allot of friends and boxing experts who pointed this out to me'

'Now this guy doesn't do anything apart from watching the fight but that's only until round 6 when he starts to interfere!'

'From round 6 all the way through to round 12 this guy starts to interfere with what Michael Walsh is doing and they are both not watching the fight, watch the video and have a look for yourselfs'

'This is what I meant on how he was interfeering, as no one is allowed according to the rules to touch hold the scorescards or even talk to the judges n commision during the fight'

'There are 3 judges in a fight n all have different colour slips, n at the end of evry round thy get passed on to the wba ibf n dc commision'

'This pic shows here in round 6 the guy wearing the hat clearing picks up one of the judges white slips n if you watch the video slides it down and towards him'

'Another pic of the guy wearing the hat interfering different camera angle'

'And this guy doese it again at the beginning of round 7, n carries on throughout all the way to the end of the fight wtf?'

'Again in round 8 and round 9, cleary not watching the fight at all and not allowing Michael Walsh to watch too'

'This time in round 11 he's seen here clearly picking up a yellow judges slip.. Strictly againts the rules'

'I've read in some articles and people have also told me that after the fight Michael Walsh the guy in the red tie apparently said his score cards didn't match up to the others, it wasn't fair and he looked really scared and he was told to butt out and there was nothing he could do.. Since then no one has heard from him'

'I want Michael Walsh to come out and speak out about what was going on, its only right and fair to do so'

'Heres a Close up pic The question is.. Who is this guy? And what was he doing? I'm sure someone outthere knows'

'watch here for yourselfs round 6-12 will be interesting if we finally get our answer'

Source: Daily Mail : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2082663/Amir-Khan-raises-fresh-doubts-Lamont-Peterson-win.html

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan raises doubt over controversial defeat to Peterson due to a mystery man at ringside - Page 3 Empty Re: Amir Khan raises doubt over controversial defeat to Peterson due to a mystery man at ringside

Post by azania Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:15 am

Union Cane wrote:
azania wrote:Next stupid question please boy.

Can we cut that out please chaps?

Sorry

azania

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan raises doubt over controversial defeat to Peterson due to a mystery man at ringside - Page 3 Empty Re: Amir Khan raises doubt over controversial defeat to Peterson due to a mystery man at ringside

Post by Rowley Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:18 am

I think it is clear something fishy is going on because although I have never fixed a fight this is absolutely the way I would go about it. It would not be for me to meet in hotel rooms and pass bundles of cash in brown envelopes at the dead of night, I would attempt to do it at ringside, on the night of the fight in full view of both the TV cameras and the promoters of the person I was attempting to swindle, to try to do it any other way is just foolish.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:30 am

Just heard Bob Mee on Sky sports news. Walsh is a WBA supervisor. No evidence that the mystery man spoke to any of the judges. Dunno what Khan is saying again.

The issue therefore is why were they looking at the score cards? Why are they handling it? They are not supposed to do that.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:37 am

rowley wrote:I think it is clear something fishy is going on because although I have never fixed a fight this is absolutely the way I would go about it. It would not be for me to meet in hotel rooms and pass bundles of cash in brown envelopes at the dead of night, I would attempt to do it at ringside, on the night of the fight in full view of both the TV cameras and the promoters of the person I was attempting to swindle, to try to do it any other way is just foolish.

I was going to fix the upcoming Australian Open (tennis) by shouting "out" every time Murray hit a shot. They would never have known.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:39 am

That wouldn't alter the eventual outcome though, surely?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:41 am

Union Cane wrote:That wouldn't alter the eventual outcome though, surely?

I'd do it to all other matches as well until my 300-1 bet won.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:42 am

You'd better take some throat pastilles then.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 06 Jan 2012, 11:52 am

Khan is about to be on Sky News sports (live).

Sorry if he doesnt show - going by his tweet:
AmirKingKhan Amir Khan
Sky news live shortly. Live

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 06 Jan 2012, 11:53 am

The Hat Man was seen in the corner of Peterson celebrating thhe win???

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 06 Jan 2012, 12:00 pm

just been confirmed - Khan about to be on SS News - channel 405

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 06 Jan 2012, 12:13 pm

Can't get Sky at work, he's not having a whingy moan is he?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 06 Jan 2012, 12:15 pm

he basically just repeated what has already been reported. Pointless, like a broken pencil.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 06 Jan 2012, 12:16 pm

Adam D wrote:he basically just repeated what has already been reported. Pointless, like a broken pencil.

Broken pencils are useful for explaining impotence to deaf people

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sweet Science UK Fri 06 Jan 2012, 3:24 pm

To be honest the whole thing for me smacks of real desperation from the Khan camp.

They've done nothing but whine since the loss but for once he actually might have a point. I mean you're not allowed to interfere with judges during the fight at all, right?

But I've done a little article on it on my boxing blog. Feel free to take a look.

http://thesweetscienceuk.wordpress.com/2012/01/06/khan-alleges-judge-interference/
The Sweet Science UK
The Sweet Science UK

http://thesweetscienceuk.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 06 Jan 2012, 3:26 pm

The Sweet Science UK wrote:To be honest the whole thing for me smacks of real desperation from the Khan camp.

They've done nothing but whine since the loss but for once he actually might have a point. I mean you're not allowed to interfere with judges during the fight at all, right?

But I've done a little article on it on my boxing blog. Feel free to take a look.

http://thesweetscienceuk.wordpress.com/2012/01/06/khan-alleges-judge-interference/

Good stuff.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 06 Jan 2012, 3:28 pm

The desperation is securing a rematch. Also to drum up publicity for one. Controversy sells.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 06 Jan 2012, 3:32 pm

azania wrote:The desperation is securing a rematch. Also to drum up publicity for one. Controversy sells.

Thought a couple of weeks ago it was all Golden Boy and nothing to do with Khan, who was being swept along against his will, now it is all a cunning publicity stunt.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 06 Jan 2012, 3:37 pm

rowley wrote:
azania wrote:The desperation is securing a rematch. Also to drum up publicity for one. Controversy sells.

Thought a couple of weeks ago it was all Golden Boy and nothing to do with Khan, who was being swept along against his will, now it is all a cunning publicity stunt.

Yesterday I was lying, today I'm telling the truth.

This whole thing is not led by Khan. Do you think he watched the film and spotted that? No doubt he spoke to his advisors who told him to make more noise.

If you thik its Khan led, then you are gicvig him more credit than his intelligence deserves.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 06 Jan 2012, 3:39 pm

Don't think he is leading it but to even try and suggest at this stage he is not fully supporting the appeal would be absolutely impossible.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 06 Jan 2012, 3:42 pm

rowley wrote:Don't think he is leading it but to even try and suggest at this stage he is not fully supporting the appeal would be absolutely impossible.

I never said he didn't support the appeal. What I did say and stand by is that he didn't initiate the appeal. GBP or his manager told him what they were going to do. Khan could hardly say no.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Fri 06 Jan 2012, 5:04 pm

Initially I thought Khan's whinging was probably growing more desperate and had entered the realm of paranoia...but this doesn't look convincing. NOBODY should be allowed to mingle with the process of judging except the judges themselves. Sometimes this guy is all but leaning over the scorecard and on the judge's shoulder for large periods of the latter rounds. Almost looked like he was playing the role of some sort of special advisor...and then there'd be hell to pay.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 06 Jan 2012, 5:06 pm

Knowsit17 wrote:Initially I thought Khan's whinging was probably growing more desperate and had entered the realm of paranoia...but this doesn't look convincing. NOBODY should be allowed to mingle with the process of judging except the judges themselves. Sometimes this guy is all but leaning over the scorecard and on the judge's shoulder for large periods of the latter rounds. Almost looked like he was playing the role of some sort of special advisor...and then there'd be hell to pay.

The guy is not a judge. Walsh is the WBA commish or something.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 06 Jan 2012, 5:10 pm

"We still thought we had won. I know they were in shock winning the fight. At the end, as we stood either side of Cooper, one of the Golden Boy guys got the scoresheets and it said 'Khan, Khan, Peterson' – and the next thing it was 'Peterson, Peterson, Khan'." - Amir Khan

The very thought that someone other than the appointed officials could see the cards before they are announced, disgusting.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 06 Jan 2012, 5:28 pm

rowley wrote:"We still thought we had won. I know they were in shock winning the fight. At the end, as we stood either side of Cooper, one of the Golden Boy guys got the scoresheets and it said 'Khan, Khan, Peterson' – and the next thing it was 'Peterson, Peterson, Khan'." - Amir Khan

The very thought that someone other than the appointed officials could see the cards before they are announced, disgusting.

Slightly different from handling the the cards during fights.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 06 Jan 2012, 5:30 pm

Appreciate that but the fact is the rules are that nobody should see the cards, handle them or in any way shape or form interact with the judges other than designated officials, if Khan wants the rules to be observed to the letter there is no distinction.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Fri 06 Jan 2012, 5:37 pm

Khan, Peterson must be the most controversial result in the history of boxing if you listen to Golden boy and Khan.

Personally they are getting on my wick,get a rematch and put the record straight if your good enough simple as that.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 06 Jan 2012, 5:41 pm

Nico the gman wrote:Khan, Peterson must be the most controversial result in the history of boxing if you listen to Golden boy and Khan.

Personally they are getting on my wick,get a rematch and put the record straight if your good enough simple as that.

Amen to that, it was a close fight certainly could have gone either way and on another night or indeed a night where he did not get points deducted it could have gone for Khan. Stop whining, arrange the rematch and put things right the only place they should ever be put right, in the ring.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Fri 06 Jan 2012, 5:54 pm

khan has purposely confused his words to make this sound more shocking than it was. the guy in the hat is not talking to the judges, hes talking to michael walsh, who was not a judge. khan blames him for distracting walsh, but nobody distracts the judges. walsh is clearly having trouble with the cards and this guy is helping him out. if you read what amir says closely he basically admits this himslef. if he had any genuine concerns he would not make them public, he would be quietly taking up a case with the right authorities

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 06 Jan 2012, 5:57 pm

Many years ago a friend of mine told me a tale of how his girlfriend and a friend of hers arrived to meet him for a night out, and his girlfriend announced that somebody in a passing car had wolf whistled her. He responded ( perhaps unwisely, ) that it might have been her friend who had been the subject of the wolf whistle.

Wonder why Khan automatically assumes that any alleged wrong doing was designed to favour Petersen, since it might equally be argued that it had been designed to favour Khan?

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Fri 06 Jan 2012, 6:09 pm

Wonder why Khan automatically assumes that any alleged wrong doing was designed to favour Petersen, since it might equally be argued that it had been designed to favour Khan?

Good point but this same mystery man was allegedly seen celebrating with the Peterson camp after the decision was announced...I suppose that's what seals the suspicion.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 06 Jan 2012, 6:12 pm

Ah, I see.

Thanks, Knowsit. I thought the earlier comment alluding to that had been tongue in cheek and I wasn't aware that it had genuinely been the case.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 06 Jan 2012, 6:55 pm

Looks as though the WBA are going to order an immediate rematch.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 06 Jan 2012, 7:04 pm

Nico the gman wrote:Khan, Peterson must be the most controversial result in the history of boxing if you listen to Golden boy and Khan.

Thats what Khan has stated he wants.

No-one knows the Hat Man. IBF or WBA. The conspiracy deepens.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 06 Jan 2012, 7:08 pm

rowley wrote:Appreciate that but the fact is the rules are that nobody should see the cards, handle them or in any way shape or form interact with the judges other than designated officials, if Khan wants the rules to be observed to the letter there is no distinction.

In many bout, people are told who won just before the announcer reads it out. I doubt if people are allowed to handle cards mid-round. Its a huge difference rowley.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 06 Jan 2012, 7:09 pm

The IBF have yet to say anything on the matter from what i've seen, the WBA have been very scathing of the way the fight was handled.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 06 Jan 2012, 7:10 pm

azania wrote:
rowley wrote:Appreciate that but the fact is the rules are that nobody should see the cards, handle them or in any way shape or form interact with the judges other than designated officials, if Khan wants the rules to be observed to the letter there is no distinction.

In many bout, people are told who won just before the announcer reads it out. I doubt if people are allowed to handle cards mid-round. Its a huge difference rowley.

Until an official verdict is given and recorded then there isn't really any difference Az.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 06 Jan 2012, 7:12 pm

Lance wrote:khan has purposely confused his words to make this sound more shocking than it was. the guy in the hat is not talking to the judges, hes talking to michael walsh, who was not a judge. khan blames him for distracting walsh, but nobody distracts the judges. walsh is clearly having trouble with the cards and this guy is helping him out. if you read what amir says closely he basically admits this himslef. if he had any genuine concerns he would not make them public, he would be quietly taking up a case with the right authorities

Wrong. In the Sky interview, Khan clearly explains who Walsh is. The Sky commentator said that even Walsh is not supposed to be spoken to during the fight.

HOw do you know the guy is helping him out? You're making things up.

Richard Schaefer is now saying that at least the bout should be declared a no contest. WBA don't know who he is. IBF do know who he is but said that he wasn't assigned to that fight. Either way he should not be talking to walsh.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 06 Jan 2012, 7:13 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:Ah, I see.

Thanks, Knowsit. I thought the earlier comment alluding to that had been tongue in cheek and I wasn't aware that it had genuinely been the case.

I take it that comment was mine. Whistle

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 06 Jan 2012, 7:16 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:
azania wrote:

Until an official verdict is given and recorded then there isn't really any difference Az.

I'm aware of that. I think what probably happened was the card they say hadn't been editted to reflect the point deduction and the error made.

But people still see the final card before they are read out. Hearn and Warren are always peering over to see the result. I remember Hearn doing just that in the first Watson fight hence the smug grin on his face before the result was read out..

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 06 Jan 2012, 7:17 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:The IBF have yet to say anything on the matter from what i've seen, the WBA have been very scathing of the way the fight was handled.

And rightfully so.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 06 Jan 2012, 7:19 pm

azania wrote:
Imperial Ghosty wrote:
azania wrote:

I'm aware of that. I think what probably happened was the card they say hadn't been editted to reflect the point deduction and the error made.

But people still see the final card before they are read out. Hearn and Warren are always peering over to see the result. I remember Hearn doing just that in the first Watson fight hence the smug grin on his face before the result was read out..

I meant more the handling of the cards Az.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 06 Jan 2012, 7:26 pm

There's a slight difference ghosty between peering over to look at the cards and physically taking the card from the official mid round. Otr am I getting the wrong end of the stick. Apologies if I am.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 06 Jan 2012, 7:28 pm

Fundamentally nothing wrong with peering over once they've been recorded but that would then usually be the master card rather than the official cards, any handling at any point by anyone other than official should never happen.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 06 Jan 2012, 7:30 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Fundamentally nothing wrong with peering over once they've been recorded but that would then usually be the master card rather than the official cards, any handling at any point by anyone other than official should never happen.

I agree. Dont think I've said anything contrary to that.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 06 Jan 2012, 7:42 pm

azania wrote:
Imperial Ghosty wrote:Fundamentally nothing wrong with peering over once they've been recorded but that would then usually be the master card rather than the official cards, any handling at any point by anyone other than official should never happen.

I think you've said something contrary to every issue man has ever known Laugh

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Fri 06 Jan 2012, 7:43 pm

Ive not seen the rest of the thread so just my opinion that may well already have been done to death, but seems like a reasonable question for Khan to ask who this chap is. If they give a credible explanation as to who he is and what he was doing, but rule that he couldnt possibly of altered the outcome of the fight then good luck to Peterson and Khan should pipe down (I believe that Khan said he would if this were the case.)

If there is no explanation for him to be gooning around in the vicinity of Walsh then order a rematch. I believe Az said this immediately following the fight and stuck up for Khans right to appeal so fair play to you az (I disagreed at the time). The whole mess would go away if they just explained who this chap is and what he was doing, which they can do if everything is above board.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 06 Jan 2012, 7:46 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
azania wrote:

I think you've said something contrary to every issue man has ever known Laugh

Tumbleweed

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 06 Jan 2012, 7:51 pm

joeyjojo618 wrote:Ive not seen the rest of the thread so just my opinion that may well already have been done to death, but seems like a reasonable question for Khan to ask who this chap is. If they give a credible explanation as to who he is and what he was doing, but rule that he couldnt possibly of altered the outcome of the fight then good luck to Peterson and Khan should pipe down (I believe that Khan said he would if this were the case.)

If there is no explanation for him to be gooning around in the vicinity of Walsh then order a rematch. I believe Az said this immediately following the fight and stuck up for Khans right to appeal so fair play to you az (I disagreed at the time). The whole mess would go away if they just explained who this chap is and what he was doing, which they can do if everything is above board.

Cheers. I dont know if anything dodgy went on, but I doubt GBP would go to such lengths unless they had something immediately after the fight. Close fights and controversial fights will always happen. Outright robberies will also happen. But I've never heard of a major company appeal a close decision unless they actually believe something dodgy went on. And not only appeal, but go to this length.

If this serves to clean up boxing, then fair play to GBP (and Khan although his die hard haters will never credit him for anything).

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Fri 06 Jan 2012, 8:30 pm

There is a copy of the amended scorecard on the BBC website and it appears that the score for round 7 has been written the wrong way round because as Khan had a point deducted by the referee how could he score him 10 for that round and it looks as if the original score for Petersen was an 8. Maybe this mistake was as a result of Hill being distracted and Khan has a point

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:02 pm

Well well well. It seems that the WBA are not backing Khan;s people's demands for an enquiry. Or should that be the WBA are now backing KHAN in his singular quest for an enquiry.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next