The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan launches Appeal to overturn Hometown decision!!

+42
DaveVDK
oxring
Nico the gman
ReallyReal
djlovesyou
Gerflagenflople
Steffan
TopHat24/7
Mind the windows Tino.
BoxingFan88
Super D Boon
AlexHuckerby
kevchadders
d260005p
88Chris05
Knowsit17
KingMonkey
HumanWindmill
Guest82
two_tone
Imperial Ghosty
easthfc
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
The Galveston Giant
Fernando
tommyhearnsprodigalson
Boxtthis
azania
J.Benson II
Sugar Floyd Louis
hogey
coxy0001
talkingpickle
Adam D
trottb
joeyjojo618
Rowley
fearlessBamber
paperbag_puncher
manos de piedra
Il Gialloblu
Waingro
46 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Should the decision in the Khan against Peterson fight be oveturned??

Khan launches Appeal to overturn Hometown decision!! Vote_lcap87%Khan launches Appeal to overturn Hometown decision!! Vote_rcap 87% 
[ 53 ]
Khan launches Appeal to overturn Hometown decision!! Vote_lcap13%Khan launches Appeal to overturn Hometown decision!! Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 61

Khan launches Appeal to overturn Hometown decision!! Empty Khan launches Appeal to overturn Hometown decision!!

Post by Waingro Thu 15 Dec 2011, 2:08 am

This is what Khan has to say:

"It was like I was against two people in there - the referee and Lamont himself,"

"All I want is a fair fight. This is what Amir Khan is all about. This is the character I am. I like to have a good tear up and put in good performances."

"I knew it would be tough against him in his home town and this is why boxing has not been in Washington DC for 20 years - because you get a decision like that." "A robbery".

"I was the cleaner fighter".

"We have appealed. In the next seven to ten days we should find out and it should be overturned."

"I was treated unfairly during the fight. Lamont Peterson's coach even said to me that he knows how it feels to be robbed."

"The referee was from Washington so he was always going to favour the home fighter. He walks the streets of DC so if he was fair and took points off Peterson he'd be hated in Washington. "

"My titles were snatched off me unfairly. I don't think he'll be refereeing a big fight again."

"I want a rematch in a neutral place with a neutral referee and neutral judges. Not Washington or the UK, somewhere like Las Vegas would be fine."

What do people think should the decision be overturned like in the Hopkins and Dawson fight?

Imo if the fight is overturned there is no point for Khan to fight Peterson again why would he need a rematch he already beat him? I think he should fight Brook after this would be a great fight back in the UK Khan needs to forget about Mayweather who would school him I think Bradley would beat him too. Brook is quality and would beat Khan it is a fight I would love to see.

It would be good for British boxing if this result was overturned we would have another world champ it would also send out a message that robberies will not be tolerated and must be stamped out I just wish Murray, Macklin and Chisora had also appealed and got their results overturned we could have even more world champions. I think it is good that Khan is apealing hopefully it will be overturned and this will send a message to the judges in the Ward and Froch fight to be fair. Look at what to Lewis against Holyfield aswell that was another robbery which should have been overturned. Will we see less robberies now that fighters can appeal and get decisions overturned? I hope so because it is ruining the sport lets hope Khans appeal will be a success and he can get his titles back and get on with his career and hopefully fight Brook or maybe Bradley!

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Khan launches Appeal to overturn Hometown decision!! Empty Re: Khan launches Appeal to overturn Hometown decision!!

Post by Il Gialloblu Thu 15 Dec 2011, 2:44 am

I disagree pal.

Some people seem to have a bee in their bonnet about 'robberies' at the minute. I think you made a thread about ways to stop them? For me, appeals would do more harm than good. Why would judges become better after they are given the safety net of an appeals process?

Prevention is better than cure, and prevention is certainly better than opening up a whole new can of legal worms in a sport that has seen its credibility sink in recent times due to decisions being made outside of the ring, either before or immediately after fights.

That's the main reason I'm disagreeing mate. I think that it could set a precedent that would do far more harm than good.

I'd rather see a fight lost contentiously in the ring than won 'fairly' in a board room.

edit: I think it's a lot different to the Hopkins one too. That ended over an accidental injury that occurred in the second round. The Khan fight was a contentious decision after 12 rounds. It happens. Get back in the gym and come back better.

Last edited by Il Gialloblu on Thu 15 Dec 2011, 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : hopkins part)
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Khan launches Appeal to overturn Hometown decision!! Empty Re: Khan launches Appeal to overturn Hometown decision!!

Post by manos de piedra Thu 15 Dec 2011, 3:00 am

This is farcical from Khan. Whatever about giving out about not getting the decision in a close fight, but to bring this to appeal and imply he was cheated is really poor stuff. He needs to accept the defeat like a man and look to set things right properly. And then people wonder why he isnt universally popular!

It cropped up on a couple of other threads about retrospectively changing results from bad decisions and as I mentioned there, I really dont like that idea for precisely this reason. You now have basically a 50/50 fight being appealed. Even worse is, that the guy appealing is a relatively big draw and prospect backed by a massive promoter. It would be a disgrace if this was overturned. Id rather have the occasional robbery of the Chisora/Hellenius kind than see this kind of carry on which is ultimately a far worse state of affairs. What next? Haye appealing the decision against Wlad citing an injured toe and unpleasant weather?

In controversial or semi controversial fights like this one I would not be adverse to a rematch being ordered, but I think thats the extent of it. Its poor form by Khan, chancing his arm really, and trying to cover up a close fight and patchy performance by insinuating he won the fight decisively and the referee was a cheat.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Thu 15 Dec 2011, 3:02 am

What basis does he have for having the result over turned? He got deducted a couple of points and lost a hard close fight? Didn't hear too many complaining when Froch was given the nod against Dirrell. Not a robbery..

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by fearlessBamber Thu 15 Dec 2011, 3:04 am

I thought the referee was poor, but not terrible. However, the decision was fair and certainly no robbery.

I think Khan needs to rebuild before a rematch. He is far from the finished article and now he has the opportunity to improve with bit less pressure on him.

fearlessBamber

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 15 Dec 2011, 3:48 am

Him and his fans would do well to stop whinging, it was a close fight with a pretty harsh ref, these things happen, decision was close enough to have gone either way, nothing there to warrant an appeal.

A more valid and productive use of Khan's time in my opinion would be to look at why a very limited fighter can apply a bit of pressure and manage to tie a supposed star of the game in absolute knots, why he is completely lost the minute anyone is able to get inside and make the fight a close quarters affair and why a solid but decent fighter who possesses neither lightning speed or excesses of cuteness could find his chin with such depressing regularity.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Thu 15 Dec 2011, 3:57 am

Its one thing for him to complain about the outcome/ref in the immediate aftermath of the fight, I can understand that his blood may have been up. But to keep shouting foul play after the dust has settled, giving no credit to Lamont (as far as Ive read) is ungracious. He is also completely wrong in my opinion, it was close and the refs calls are open to interpretation, but nothing wrong with a decision either way for me.

I really try hard to get behind Khan, but he doesnt make it easy. Also, he should be looking to learn from this defeat, not close his eyes and ears and shout robbery.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Thu 15 Dec 2011, 3:58 am

Massive difference between a robbery and a close decision. This is really poor stuff from Khan and I would quite like to see Peterson turn Khan down for a rematch after this.

It's disappointing to see him acting like this in the cold light of day (after the fight fair enough due to all of the emotions/adrenaline). It's this sort of attitude that has lost him countless fans over the years.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Thu 15 Dec 2011, 4:00 am

Imo Khan won this fight so i think he deserves to be champ why not appeal and try to get his belts back if he thinks he won the fight many agree with him? The ref was from th hometown and took two points off Khan including in the last round to which made the difference even Petersons trainer said Khan was robbed this shows that Khan won the fight and the ref was biased. Look at what happened to Lewis against Holyfield that was a shamefully robbery Lewis schooled Holyfield but it was scored a draw would people have complained if Lwis appealed and got his belts back? Maybe in america they would because they did not want a British champ but everybody knew Lewis won that fight. This year so many British fighters are getting robbed and even Haye who is our best fighter cannot get a rematch it is like they are trying to keep titles away Britain lol!

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Thu 15 Dec 2011, 4:01 am

Also, you are really irritating me shouting robbery every time a close fight is called against a British fighter waingro. You seem to believe that there are only two outcomes to a fight;

1) Boxer A destroys Boxer B or
2) Boxer A was robbed by Boxer B

The fact that you are saying that Khan should not even rematch Lamont if he gets this overturned (which he wont if there is any sense in the world) is ludicrous.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Thu 15 Dec 2011, 4:02 am

Waingro wrote:Imo Khan won this fight so i think he deserves to be champ why not appeal and try to get his belts back if he thinks he won the fight many agree with him? The ref was from th hometown and took two points off Khan including in the last round to which made the difference even Petersons trainer said Khan was robbed this shows that Khan won the fight and the ref was biased. Look at what happened to Lewis against Holyfield that was a shamefully robbery Lewis schooled Holyfield but it was scored a draw would people have complained if Lwis appealed and got his belts back? Maybe in america they would because they did not want a British champ but everybody knew Lewis won that fight. This year so many British fighters are getting robbed and even Haye who is our best fighter cannot get a rematch it is like they are trying to keep titles away Britain lol!

That's where the problem is.

The fact that the ref was from Washington is team Khans fault anyway, why they never insisted on a neutral ref (and judges) to begin with beggars belief. Just goes to show how highly they thought of themselves and were so over confident that they saw it as an easy nights work with all of the cards staced against them. Arrogance...

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 15 Dec 2011, 4:14 am

Khan is on Radio 5 live right now doing an interview!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Thu 15 Dec 2011, 4:16 am

trottb wrote:
Waingro wrote:Imo Khan won this fight so i think he deserves to be champ why not appeal and try to get his belts back if he thinks he won the fight many agree with him? The ref was from th hometown and took two points off Khan including in the last round to which made the difference even Petersons trainer said Khan was robbed this shows that Khan won the fight and the ref was biased. Look at what happened to Lewis against Holyfield that was a shamefully robbery Lewis schooled Holyfield but it was scored a draw would people have complained if Lwis appealed and got his belts back? Maybe in america they would because they did not want a British champ but everybody knew Lewis won that fight. This year so many British fighters are getting robbed and even Haye who is our best fighter cannot get a rematch it is like they are trying to keep titles away Britain lol!

That's where the problem is.

The fact that the ref was from Washington is team Khans fault anyway, why they never insisted on a neutral ref (and judges) to begin with beggars belief. Just goes to show how highly they thought of themselves and were so over confident that they saw it as an easy nights work with all of the cards staced against them. Arrogance...

I think you are right mate Khan thought this fight would be easy and he wanted to make more money by putting it in washington where it would sell out in Petersons home town. Tbh Khan is very overrated though I think Brook would beat him I have been saying that for a long time Khan has far too many weaknesses. He thought this would be an easy fight. But lets be honest if this fight was anywhere else in the world Khan would have won the ref deducted two points this is why I think it is a robbery.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpickle Thu 15 Dec 2011, 4:21 am

It was a close fight that could of gone either way, it was in no way a robbery! Khan didnt have the brains to box the right fight! Fact is he loses it when someone gets close to him and doesnt know how to adapt.

Haye our best fighter? Is that a joke?

talkingpickle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 15 Dec 2011, 4:52 am

Waingro wrote:Imo Khan won this fight

Well that is obviously the answer, lets do away with ringside judges and just ring you after the fight to see how you have it and that can be the decision from now on. Amazed nobody has thought of this before.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 15 Dec 2011, 4:58 am

Khan now seems a bigger tool than he ever has.

You cannot push a fighter off with you in a literal sense. It wasn't the refs fault that Khan was so inept at fighting on the inside it was amateurishly laughable.

Everyone had the fight close. Close fights don't get overturned. The ref was well within his right to dock points, he warned Khan umpteen times and the spoilt little brat only has himself to blame.

Shut your mouth Khan, you lost. Accept it like a man. Sadly you're just a little brat who has an inflated ego and rating of how good you think you are.

Lets hope Peterson goes for the rematch and beats the little brat again.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 15 Dec 2011, 5:01 am

coxy0001 wrote:

You cannot push a fighter off

Think this is something that is getting slightly overlooked, pushing whilst fairly widespread and often tolerated is still against the rules so being called on it or deducted points for it is not something one can moan about too much.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Thu 15 Dec 2011, 5:01 am

Khan is a pathetic spoilt crybaby, he didnt get robbed he just got beat in a close fight that could have gone either way. Chisora was robbed, Khan just lost.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Dec 2011, 5:36 am

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Khan isn't intelligent enough to be a top level boxer.

This is fully evident by what comes out of his mouth and his performances in the ring.

Instead of realising that he has a gaping hole in his arsenal in that he can't fight on the inside, he's crying foul. Why isn't Roach working on this problem with him?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Thu 15 Dec 2011, 5:40 am

Oh gosh... just seen Khan on Sky sports talking NONSENSE!

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Thu 15 Dec 2011, 5:50 am

Waingro wrote:
"All I want is a fair fight. This is what Amir Khan is all about.

Of course, his fight with MAB was extremley fair on the Mexican.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 15 Dec 2011, 5:52 am

I saw Khan on BBC breakfast news this morning. He was full of praise for Peterson's performance. His ire was against the ref and that judging cards seemed to have been adjusted. If that is the case then an investigated is warranted and if he is proved correct that some fraud has been carried out, then he has every right to get the decision over-turned.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 15 Dec 2011, 5:54 am

What is this nonsense about the cards being adjusted?

And he can't have any complaints against the ref, Peterson wasn't using his head and Khan was pushing him off. Of which he was warned numerous times about.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Thu 15 Dec 2011, 5:55 am

markj3k wrote:Instead of realising that he has a gaping hole in his arsenal in that he can't fight on the inside, he's crying foul. Why isn't Roach working on this problem with him?

This is the main point for me. I think most rational boxing fans can agree that this was a close decision and that the scores were a fair enough interpretation of the fight (I had Khan by 1 or 2 points, but I can still see a close Peterson victory). I think we could also agree that the ref, while far from perfect, did an ok job, and that Khan did break the rules on numerous occasions. Overall, certainly no reason to overturn a decision, for god's sake. But, as markj3k says above, why is Khan putting so much energy into moaning instead of acknowledging that he has serious gaps in his inside game. The impression he's giving is that he thinks he has a few minor corrections to make, and that if he gets the rematch he'll be fine. He keeps talking about 'little mistakes' he made. This is nonsense. He's missing some real fundamental elements of a effective boxing repertoire.

He is really embarrassing himself with these complaints. There was a thread last week asking why UK fans tend to dislike Khan - I think these actions sum up some of the main reasons i.e. he's been well protected, he's always been the golden boy type, he has a the world-owes-me attitude, when things go right for him he acts superior like he's above other boxers (e.g. Maidana), when they go wrong he throws the toys out of the pram (Peterson), he arrogantly overlooks his own flaws and blames others. I used to think he was ok - ok enough to root for him when he fought - but this is really poor stuff. Imagine this fight did (by some miracle) get overturned? Khan would be thought of as a cry-baby for the rest of his career. Take it like a man and move on, for god's sake!

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Thu 15 Dec 2011, 6:00 am

I have not heard Khan, any of his useless advisors or deluded fans complaining about the ref scoring a knockdown for him in the first that replays show was clearly not from a punch.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 15 Dec 2011, 6:11 am

coxy0001 wrote:What is this nonsense about the cards being adjusted?

And he can't have any complaints against the ref, Peterson wasn't using his head and Khan was pushing him off. Of which he was warned numerous times about.

I read about that. Apparently a card was adjusted to give Lamont an extra point after it had been formally submitted. It appears that the issue is not as simple as Khan appealing against the decision or just the ref as many are alluding to here.

If fraud did take place, then he is very correct in appealing or asking for an investigation.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by tommyhearnsprodigalson Thu 15 Dec 2011, 6:11 am

I think Khan needs to have a good hard look at a replay of the fight, he'll soon realise what mistakes he made and where he went wrong, just seems like bitterness to me

tommyhearnsprodigalson

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 15 Dec 2011, 6:17 am

Amir is on Sky Sports News now guys thumbsup

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Thu 15 Dec 2011, 6:19 am

The issue with the cards was in the daily mail and it looks like a simple case of somebody putting the wrong numbers in the wrong boxes on the master card nothing else. They also have a hard time adding 10 to 64 as well.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2072864/Amir-Khan-MUGGED-dubious-judging.html

Haven't seen the individual cards so couldn't comment on that.

The more I read this the more fed up of Khan I get, poor loser and I hope Peterson tells him to shove the rematch up his ringer.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 15 Dec 2011, 6:23 am

trottb wrote:

The more I read this the more fed up of Khan I get, poor loser and I hope Peterson tells him to shove the rematch up his ringer.

Got to say I am beginning to come round to this way of thinking, have defended Khan a lot on here as I think he gets stick undeservedly on a lot of occasions but he is fast beginning to get annoying on this one, as I said earlier would be much better served working out why a decent but not great fighter was able to cause hims such problems solely by fighting inside.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 15 Dec 2011, 6:26 am

Summary of Amir's Interview

Complaining about Points Deduction
Complaining about Peterson using he's head.
Says that he was told he had won the fight by someone who had seen the cards only to find out that the announcer had them cards taken off him and given new cards with peterson as the winner.
If appeal overturns decision will give peterson a rematch otherwise will fight at a neutral venue in march.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 15 Dec 2011, 6:28 am

Khan accepted the fight in DC, was more than happy pre fight.

Is just a spoilt brat and a sore loser.

I for one hope Peterson tells him to stick it and takes on Bradley.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 15 Dec 2011, 6:29 am

I've not heard Chisora say much in what was clearly a robbery unlike Khan/Peterson. Khans attitude stinks as usual, he should take a look at Chisora and ask why he isn't crying like a baby. He had 36 minutes in the ring to sway the judges and he wasn't good enough. The press make me sick also we need someone to tell Khan how it is and not blow smoke up his ass. He lost in a close fight, he should get over it.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 15 Dec 2011, 6:30 am

fernando wrote:
Complaining about Peterson using he's head.

Nonsense, he had his head down it is not the same thing and rather than pushing and whining about this what is wrong with throwing an uppercut?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 15 Dec 2011, 6:38 am

trottb wrote:The issue with the cards was in the daily mail and it looks like a simple case of somebody putting the wrong numbers in the wrong boxes on the master card nothing else. They also have a hard time adding 10 to 64 as well.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2072864/Amir-Khan-MUGGED-dubious-judging.html

Cant open the link here. What does it say?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Thu 15 Dec 2011, 6:42 am

Khan launches Appeal to overturn Hometown decision!! Khan12

Just shows the master scorecard and the alleged fixing

Last edited by trottb on Thu 15 Dec 2011, 6:51 am; edited 2 times in total

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 15 Dec 2011, 6:43 am

azania wrote:
trottb wrote:The issue with the cards was in the daily mail and it looks like a simple case of somebody putting the wrong numbers in the wrong boxes on the master card nothing else. They also have a hard time adding 10 to 64 as well.

Cant open the link here. What does it say?

Not only the politics stink here. Amir Khan must have felt like going out to join the Occupy Washington protesters in their tents after his grand design for global supremacy was set back for at least a year by some of the most controversial officiating decisions the sport has witnessed.

The only consolation for Britain’s unseated world champion, after he was mugged in the darkness near Capitol Hill, is that he will be given an immediate chance to regain his unified light-welterweight title from Lamont Peterson — the local hero who benefited from the latest of the charitable donations which are another feature of life in this power-crazed city.

A referee who deducted two points from Khan for the obscure infringement of pushing off his opponent and a pair of judges who couldn’t — or wouldn’t — see straight have also put on hold the mega-millions of dollars Khan is hoping to bank from a super-fight with Floyd Mayweather Jnr.

Now, instead of challenging Manny Pacquiao’s rival as the best pound-for-pound fighter on earth next May, he can expect to face Peterson for a second time on March 31, probably in more neutral Las Vegas.

And Mayweather can now conveniently ignore Khan, at least until he regains his WBA and IBF belts from Peterson and then goes on to beat one or two more world-class boxers.

Khan’s plans have been knocked so badly awry by this split-decision defeat in a real thriller — the excitement of which has been lost in the controversy of yet another of the injustices which have plagued boxing of late — that his career may have to be prolonged beyond his nominated retirement age of 28.

Khan reached his 25th birthday last Thursday and is unlikely to land his bonanza fight before 2013, at the earliest.

Trainer Freddie Roach insists: ‘Yes, Amir can get back on track by beating Peterson and still become the next pound-for-pound king.’

But the road to that summit is even steeper now.

Instead of going straight to Mayweather or easing himself up to welterweight against a manageable British opponent like Matthew Hatton, Khan is obliged to stay at 10 stones and strive to regain — and then defend — his light-welter titles.

That may be a blessing in disguise. Although Khan’s courage and relish for battle contributed to another Fight of the Year candidate, he does not look as ready for Mayweather just yet as he and Roach had imagined. Not that Floyd Jnr will be willing to accommodate him for a while now.

This defeat, however unfair, moves Khan back in the queue for glory. It also puts more testing obstacles in his path.

Although my scoring was within a point of the one judge, Nelson Vasquez, who voted 115-110 in favour of Khan on Saturday, he must expect another tough night against Peterson.

And although he says ‘I hope Lamont has the nerve for coming to England that I showed in giving him this chance in his home town,’ the reality is that the rematch will go to Las Vegas, not least on economic grounds.

This first fight was a real barn-burner and HBO will be as keen as Sky in Britain to do it all over again. That is a somewhat enriching consolation for Khan as he nurses his wounds and his grievances.

But then, assuming he beats Peterson, the most logical fight will be against Timothy Bradley in a bid to become the undisputed world champion at light-welter. And it was Bradley who stamped the only loss on Peterson’s record, with a hefty points victory two years ago.

Bradley is like Peterson — albeit a superior version. He is a hungry street-fighter who uses his head as a third fist and Khan reasoned how that tactic obliged him to push Peterson back ‘to avoid a head coming in lower and lower’.

That does not explain local referee Joe Cooper’s decision to penalise a professional prize-fighter for pushing, something rarely if ever witnessed outside the amateur ranks.

Nor does it excuse judges George Hill and Valerie Dorsett giving Peterson the verdict by a single point, 113-112, following the deductions.

Although Peterson was mightily persistent, there were periods when Khan boxed his ears off. Even as he intensified the ring-quartering pressure in the middle rounds, there were spells when Khan boxed almost as beautifully as Muhammad Ali to stay away from trouble and land his combinations.

And when Khan was caught by Peterson’s big shots, he proved once again that his supposedly suspect chin is as punch-resistant as any in this hard old game.

Scoring a fight is a subjective business but there is a growing need for boxing to take steps to make judging and refereeing as fair and impartial as possible.

It was a mistake by Team Khan to accept the hometown referee who not only gave Peterson his two-point advantage, but who ruled that the local homeless boy made good was knocked down only once, not twice, in the first round.

Every little point counts in fights like this.

Neutral, scrupulous officials have to be the first part of a solution to the decisions which are not only cheating honest fighters like Khan, but are damaging boxing’s credibility in the eyes of the public.

From Watergate to Khangate, Washington has much to answer for in the political and sporting arenas.

There we go Azania thumbsup

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 15 Dec 2011, 6:49 am

Cheers. Gotta say that whoever wrote that article must be on drugs. "Fought as beautifully as Ali". What was he watching.

But th epoint remains the score cards and how they were counted.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Thu 15 Dec 2011, 6:52 am

Loks like an innocent mistake Az. Can you see the image I (badly) uploaded?

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 15 Dec 2011, 7:06 am

I see numbers changed and some dubious scoring. In R7 he changed from 10 points to khan to 8 points to khan. I presume that was for the foul. Well if he thought Khan won the round, he should have deducted 1 point not 2 points.

Did someone explain the rules to that judge?

I support khan in this appeal and it was a calculation error. Had the points been scored correctly, then Khan would have held on to his belts.

But if the judge thought Khan lost that round regardless of the point deduction, then 8 points is all Khan should get.

Something fishy going on there. An investigation should clear it up.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Thu 15 Dec 2011, 7:08 am

But that is not the judges individual score card just the master... Unless they all have the exact same hand writing.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 15 Dec 2011, 7:09 am

I was under the impression they always scored the round 10-8 with point deductions regardless of who won the round.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 15 Dec 2011, 7:10 am

I am fairly sure outside the venue I saw someone wearing a badge on a grassy knoll and not a lot of people know this but the venue was the same venue the CIA used to fake the moon landings.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 15 Dec 2011, 7:16 am

Things are starting to make sense now Rowley.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Thu 15 Dec 2011, 7:18 am

The Galveston Giant wrote:Things are starting to make sense now Rowley.

Waingro will change all that.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Thu 15 Dec 2011, 7:20 am

Interesting that the article calls for unbiased judging then claims that Khan knocked Lamont down twice in the first round. God damn I hate the daily mail.

Is the question whether the judges scorecard and the master card tally, or whether the judge changed his mind on the round or scored it incorrectly and changed it? If its the latter, then I dont see what an investigation is going to show. The judge is not going to stitch himself up.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 15 Dec 2011, 7:21 am

This is an absolute joke haha.

He slated Maidana for asking for a rematch when it was a close fight and (sorry to bring up this fight again) but when the doctor and ref stopped the McCloskey fight due to the small cut, again he said "tough".

Now a decision has went against him involving officials and he is crying like a baby. Its embarrassing now.

All this talk of "it will make me stronger" & "I will learn from this defeat" is comedy gold now because he obviously can't take his defeat like a man and wants his titles back without having a fight for them.

This is just the ammo people need to dislike the lad.

His stock just seems to be plummetting at this point and unless he bucks up his ideas and gets on with thing, he will never get to the level he has been claiming he will or should be at.

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 15 Dec 2011, 7:22 am

joeyjojo618 wrote:Interesting that the article calls for unbiased judging then claims that Khan knocked Lamont down twice in the first round. God damn I hate the daily mail.

Wait till you read the follow up article that blames illegal immigrants for the result.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by easthfc Thu 15 Dec 2011, 7:22 am

I was pulling for Khan to win this but I agreed with the decision. Khan is a horrible loser.

easthfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 15 Dec 2011, 7:32 am

I had Khan up by a round at the end also, but I had 3 drawn rounds so it could have easily went either way depending on how they viewed the rounds.

this is great to see though, its always class to see sour grapes from a deluded fighter.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next