The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amir Khan raises doubt over controversial defeat to Peterson due to a mystery man at ringside

+31
kevchadders
Steffan
oxring
braveheart101
joeyjojo618
HumanWindmill
Nico the gman
Knowsit17
The Sweet Science UK
Rowley
Union Cane
AlexHuckerby
coxy0001
Adam D
Valero's Conscience
dangerous_mouse
Waingro
Virtual Chrissy Wissy
tunes666
Lance
manos de piedra
School Project
TRUSSMAN66
ONETWOFOREVER
ShahenshahG
Imperial Ghosty
The Galveston Giant
azania
johnson2
monzon
Fernando
35 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Amir Khan raises doubt over controversial defeat to Peterson due to a mystery man at ringside Empty Amir Khan raises doubt over controversial defeat to Peterson due to a mystery man at ringside

Post by Fernando Thu 05 Jan 2012, 9:17 pm

Amir Khan has raised fresh doubts over the validity of his clash with Lamont Peterson last month, where the Briton controversially lost his IBF and WBO light-welterweight title belts in Washington.

Khan lost a dramatic battle with Peterson on points, after he was deducted two points for pushing.

Many pundits and fans questioned the judging after the fight, and Khan lodged an appeal, which will be held later this month.

The 26-year-old has now taken to Twitter to send out a number of images of the fight. He is particularly concerned with the appearance of one man ringside.

Here is the full list of Amir Khan's Tweets sent on Thursday afternoon:

'hey tweeps, i want to share with my fans the latest on the peterson fight situation, the truth is finaly coming out slowly but surely'

'i knew there was something dodgey with the scoring, forget about the fight and the ref for now, im my own biggest critic i know what'

'i done right and wrong, very close fight Peterson fought great but i still believe i won by 1 or 2 rounds, i aint whining or complaing'

'ther has been some crazy judging in 2011 n i want 2 put a stop to it'

'if I lost fair and square then fair enough I've lost n I move on, but does it really take over 10 minutes from the final bell to decide who's won? we've filed an appeal through and we should get a decision from the WBA and the IBF within the next 2 weeks'

'I'm angry as I want the rematch next to put things straight but it doesn't look like he wants it'

'watch the fight from 9.10 seconds of this video ther is a guy wearing a grey suit with a blue shirt wearing a hat'

'Sat on the main judges panel at the front on the right hand side 3rd to the end'

'No1 knows who this guy is and he is now bieng asked to move by Michael Walsh who is the main supervisor for the wba as he should be sat there'

'He now gets a chair and sits slightly infront of @OscarDeLaHoya and my father'

'At the beginning of round 2 he manages to squeeze in at the front again sat next to Michael Walsh'

'Now the IBF and the WBA have still not confirmed who this guy is till this date and what he was doing there.. Now the interesting part'

'I watched the whole fight again this time just concentrating on this guy wearing the hat, thanks to allot of friends and boxing experts who pointed this out to me'

'Now this guy doesn't do anything apart from watching the fight but that's only until round 6 when he starts to interfere!'

'From round 6 all the way through to round 12 this guy starts to interfere with what Michael Walsh is doing and they are both not watching the fight, watch the video and have a look for yourselfs'

'This is what I meant on how he was interfeering, as no one is allowed according to the rules to touch hold the scorescards or even talk to the judges n commision during the fight'

'There are 3 judges in a fight n all have different colour slips, n at the end of evry round thy get passed on to the wba ibf n dc commision'

'This pic shows here in round 6 the guy wearing the hat clearing picks up one of the judges white slips n if you watch the video slides it down and towards him'

'Another pic of the guy wearing the hat interfering different camera angle'

'And this guy doese it again at the beginning of round 7, n carries on throughout all the way to the end of the fight wtf?'

'Again in round 8 and round 9, cleary not watching the fight at all and not allowing Michael Walsh to watch too'

'This time in round 11 he's seen here clearly picking up a yellow judges slip.. Strictly againts the rules'

'I've read in some articles and people have also told me that after the fight Michael Walsh the guy in the red tie apparently said his score cards didn't match up to the others, it wasn't fair and he looked really scared and he was told to butt out and there was nothing he could do.. Since then no one has heard from him'

'I want Michael Walsh to come out and speak out about what was going on, its only right and fair to do so'

'Heres a Close up pic The question is.. Who is this guy? And what was he doing? I'm sure someone outthere knows'

'watch here for yourselfs round 6-12 will be interesting if we finally get our answer'

Source: Daily Mail : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2082663/Amir-Khan-raises-fresh-doubts-Lamont-Peterson-win.html

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan raises doubt over controversial defeat to Peterson due to a mystery man at ringside Empty Re: Amir Khan raises doubt over controversial defeat to Peterson due to a mystery man at ringside

Post by monzon Thu 05 Jan 2012, 9:20 pm

Let's be honest, Khan does like a whinge, and the fight could've gone either way, BUT this looks very, very fishy.

monzon

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan raises doubt over controversial defeat to Peterson due to a mystery man at ringside Empty Re: Amir Khan raises doubt over controversial defeat to Peterson due to a mystery man at ringside

Post by johnson2 Thu 05 Jan 2012, 9:21 pm

Maybe it was the chubacka, or Cartman off South Park.

Khan needs to stop whinging and accept he lost.

These silly stories make him look a prat.

johnson2

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 05 Jan 2012, 9:23 pm

'i done right and wrong, very close fight Peterson fought great but i still believe i won by 1 or 2 rounds, i aint whining or complaing'

Classic Laugh

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 05 Jan 2012, 9:24 pm

Lewts be honest here. He does have a point. What's the reason for taking the cards?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 05 Jan 2012, 9:24 pm

for anyone who can't see i shall post pictures of the man he's complaining about. Bottom right corner in most pictures can see him leaning over the judge.

Spoiler:

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 05 Jan 2012, 9:24 pm

It's like crimewatch, it's quite exciting, why do all mystery men have hats.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 05 Jan 2012, 9:25 pm

It wasn't a robbery by any stretch of the imagination but there is something odd about this fight, there's too many little things here and there.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 05 Jan 2012, 9:26 pm

Bad days ahead for boxing if its true.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 05 Jan 2012, 9:28 pm

I not a fan of Khan and believe the points were right to take, but nobody should be going near the scorecards, i might watch the fight again and watch this guy.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 05 Jan 2012, 9:29 pm

This has the potential to blow up in Khans face. If Lt Colombo had any sense he would not go public with this, this game is bigger then he thinks. No great mystery here as the fight was close anyhow. Khan has banged on about this for weeks but will find himself falling foul of the boxing corporation.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 05 Jan 2012, 9:30 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:It wasn't a robbery by any stretch of the imagination but there is something odd about this fight, there's too many little things here and there.

I'm glad you said that. Needless to say it seems to have a bad smell and credit to Khan for not letting go. Why would a judge be talking to someone else when he is supposed to be watching a fight?

This i snot like who shot JR (or JFK).

Something is not quite right though.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 05 Jan 2012, 9:30 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:It wasn't a robbery by any stretch of the imagination but there is something odd about this fight, there's too many little things here and there.

I'm glad you said that. Needless to say it seems to have a bad smell and credit to Khan for not letting go. Why would a judge be talking to someone else when he is supposed to be watching a fight?

This i snot like who shot JR (or JFK).

Something is not quite right though.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 05 Jan 2012, 9:31 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:This has the potential to blow up in Khans face. If Lt Colombo had any sense he would not go public with this, this game is bigger then he thinks. No great mystery here as the fight was close anyhow. Khan has banged on about this for weeks but will find himself falling foul of the boxing corporation.

He has GBP behind him. Safe as houses. thumbsup

Also all the controversy will add dollars to both fighters.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 05 Jan 2012, 9:34 pm

If there is something dodgy going in on then ask yourself how dumb would it be to do such a thing on the FRONT ROW of an arena with CAMERAS recording everything to the WORLD.

Lets hope for Khans sake he has something here or he's about to look very, very, stupid.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 05 Jan 2012, 9:38 pm

I'd have thought you'd be pleased about Khan looking like an idiot onetwo?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 05 Jan 2012, 9:39 pm

Was there a grassy knoll near the ring as well.......??

I remember my Wife talking to the milkman 9 months before Rob was born!!

Maybe I should ask for an inquiry...

The kid lost..I didn't think it was a robbery..so who cares!!!

No wonder he's as popular as pol pot..annoying little runt.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 05 Jan 2012, 9:40 pm

It's crazy to think that someone could be able to snuggle up beside a judge and have a check of his card every now and then. There's one person who could tell us right away who he is and that's the judge. Unless he's already in a ditch. But i agree if it appears to be nothing then Khan needs to get some sort of help.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 05 Jan 2012, 9:42 pm

End of the day was it a robbery nope!!!!

Did any of the commentators think it was a robbery nope!!!

Is Khan humble........nope..

Is Khan a bad loser............yes...

Just ask yourself if he was robbed........that's the bottom line....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 05 Jan 2012, 9:44 pm

Ah TRUSS you just had me in stitches lol..

Look all I am saying is that if this was a clear cut case of Khan winning by a few rounds then this mystery would have legs but the fight was close, so close that it could have gone either way and I would not be shouting robbery had Khan got the decision.

Khan doing his inspector Frost routine seems quite silly, funny and desperate.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 05 Jan 2012, 9:47 pm

The kid and his little worshippers (probably the thread author) will never admit to losing fair and square....ever!!

My guess is Saturn will be orbiting Uranus next time he loses....giving his opponent an unfair advantage..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 05 Jan 2012, 9:49 pm

I think he should call crimewatch, what harm could it do. Is it possible he was supervising the scoring/judges. Does that happen?
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 05 Jan 2012, 9:52 pm

Maybe it was professor Moriarty???

Never did buy him.... dying-in-the-Reichenbach falls!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 05 Jan 2012, 9:54 pm

Golden boy will have to enforce a strict no hat, blue tie combo in Khans future fights.

As I have said he better have something here because he seems to be shooting from the hip. Khan's sense of entitlement really gets on my wick. The game is bigger then any fighter.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 05 Jan 2012, 9:55 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:The kid and his little worshippers (probably the thread author) will never admit to losing fair and square....ever!!

How very dare you i can take being called many rude names but calling me an Amir Khan fan crosses the line Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 05 Jan 2012, 9:56 pm

Its not supposed to happen GG. Not in mid round anyway.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 05 Jan 2012, 9:58 pm

Let me know some of the rude names......

for future reference!!....... Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:01 pm

This could be another Aguello v Pryor mystery all over again.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:02 pm

They never caught Jack the ripper did they???

errrrmmmm.......I wonder?????

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:02 pm

azania wrote:Its not supposed to happen GG. Not in mid round anyway.

It's a little strange Az, personally i would like to know who the guy is, he surely shouldn't be touching the scorecards.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:02 pm

Wow, tin foil hat-time.

But... as others have said. He does have a point. Surely that cat sat at ring side shouldn't be messing about with the cards (if that's what he is doing?).

That... or he is just looking for any excuse?

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:05 pm

What If he touched the cards??????

Does it detract form the fact this kid has no class and the fight could have gone either way!!!

Don't play the squirt's game...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:07 pm

He does have something but I can't believe that someone would sabotage a fight in the front row clearly visible in front of cameras and thousands of people. And if he is dodgy then what was Khans handlers doing? sleeping?

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:07 pm

In the grand scheme of things - if its true - khan doesnt matter - its the fact that anyone can sit there and influence/impede the judges and not have it questioned is disgusting. There is breaking the rules and there is flaunting it in your face. Khan getting his titles back should be a secondary concern if not an irrelevance altogether - although a rematch must take place. This all hinges on what actually happened as opposed to what our likes and dislikes want us to think has happened.. so lets leave it at that eh?

Good evening gents.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:08 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:
azania wrote:Its not supposed to happen GG. Not in mid round anyway.

It's a little strange Az, personally i would like to know who the guy is, he surely shouldn't be touching the scorecards.

I dont like or listen to conspiracies. I doubt this will add up to much. But something stinks with that. That judge couldn't have been watching the fight.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:10 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:In the grand scheme of things - if its true - khan doesnt matter - its the fact that anyone can sit there and influence/impede the judges and not have it questioned is disgusting. There is breaking the rules and there is flaunting it in your face. Khan getting his titles back should be a secondary concern if not an irrelevance altogether - although a rematch must take place. This all hinges on what actually happened as opposed to what our likes and dislikes want us to think has happened.. so lets leave it at that eh?

Good evening gents.

Ok Mr Khan goodnight.

We all love your son by the way.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:10 pm

The result of the fight isn't the point here Truss but rather did Khan ever have a chance of winning? There's so many things that have been reported that go against Khan that it seems too coincidental but it could all be a brilliant bit of PR from goldenboy.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:12 pm

What do you mean Khan doesn't matter!!!

The simple fact he's using it as a reason/or the reason he lost..

It matters greatly...He's basically trying to cheapen Petersen's victory again for the umpteenth time!!!

Sure the guy was in the wrong place but how often do we watch the judges and what they get up to...Maybe they can multi-task..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:13 pm

I'll play Devils advocate here Truss. Anyone on the board knows how I feel about Amir Khan, I'm not his biggest fan.

I don't know the WBA/IBF handbooks inside and out, but surely if an unofficiated bloke is sat there looking at the cards, does this invalidate the "official cards".

I know he has no class, he isn't the future of British boxing and was completely ineffective in that fight - Showed all of his weaknesses.

But just to reiterate - If an unknown fella is sitting next to the judges messing about, I would find it strange. That said, he may actually WORK for the state commission so there may be nothing wrong with it, but still. He may have a point.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:16 pm

It certainly could be some good PR, surely they can find out the answer pretty quickly by asking the judge. I didn't have a problem with the scoring or point deductions but surely he must work for the commision or something and can't be some kind of Peterson interrogator.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:16 pm

Well did he ever have a chance of winning?????

Did Holmes against Spinks....(A greater injustice.. Marquez against Pacman)

What I do know is that Petersen's win wasn't controversial just contentious!!! unlike the above..............

and I'm sick of squirt features looking at everybody else to blame..

When he threw the fight away because he's a dumbass....who tried to show he was macho...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:17 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:What do you mean Khan doesn't matter!!!

The simple fact he's using it as a reason/or the reason he lost..

It matters greatly...He's basically trying to cheapen Petersen's victory again for the umpteenth time!!!

Sure the guy was in the wrong place but how often do we watch the judges and what they get up to...Maybe they can multi-task..

They're not housewives. They are supposed to have one task and one only. They're not supposed to be looking at anything other than the fight. That's what they're paid for.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:18 pm

Someone explain to me how Man in the hat effected Khans performance again????

Khan was roughed up and fouled frequently. The fight was close but Peterson was clearly the more aggressive fighter which wins points in the US. khan reckons he won by 2 rounds???

Can he point them out to me.

I had the fight close even before the point deduction.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:18 pm

Invalidation............................

Why was the guy in the ring......no!!

Tell you what every time a warren fighter is losing his title have someone sent up to the ring near the judges...

Let's invalidate the fight!!!

bottom line was Khan robbed no......end of.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:20 pm

The second fight between Marquez and Pacquiao was close and could have gone either way but did Marquez ever have a realistic chance of winning? Just because it wasn't a complete robbery isn't the point here as there third fight showed, no matter what he did in any of the three fights he was never going to get the nod which is wrong.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:21 pm

School Project wrote:I'll play Devils advocate here Truss. Anyone on the board knows how I feel about Amir Khan, I'm not his biggest fan.

I don't know the WBA/IBF handbooks inside and out, but surely if an unofficiated bloke is sat there looking at the cards, does this invalidate the "official cards".

I know he has no class, he isn't the future of British boxing and was completely ineffective in that fight - Showed all of his weaknesses.

But just to reiterate - If an unknown fella is sitting next to the judges messing about, I would find it strange. That said, he may actually WORK for the state commission so there may be nothing wrong with it, but still. He may have a point.

I dont think Khan is that good a fighter, but to say he was inneffective is way off. Without the points deduction, he would have won.

As Truss says, no robbery. Just a close fight where even Khan said he thought he won by one or 2 rounds.

A robbery is Chisora/Helenius.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:22 pm

I havent been following this saga too closely, so Im probably wrong here. But was there not a situation whereby one of the judges scored the round where Khan had a point deducted in error? Perhaps this was an attempt to rectify that or something along those lines.

It seems like a pretty half assed and overly-complicated way to go about rigging a fight in all honesty.

It would have required a dodgy referee to deduct two point, the judges to be in on it, probably the wba and ibf also and now a supposed mystery man involved in tampering with the cards on top of it all? They should have hired the crew from Helsinki if they wanted a clean rigging.

It seems to me when you consider the delay at the end with the cards and now this latest revalation that there may have been some error on one of the cards made and an attempt to rectify it and clarify what happened after the fight with it. If it was a set up then it was very messy way to go about it.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:23 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Someone explain to me how Man in the hat effected Khans performance again????

Khan was roughed up and fouled frequently. The fight was close but Peterson was clearly the more aggressive fighter which wins points in the US. khan reckons he won by 2 rounds???

Can he point them out to me.

I had the fight close even before the point deduction.

Who said he affected his performance?

If you listen to the american commentators, they had Khan winning.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:24 pm

so many things seem to have gone against khan in this fight. clearly the guy had no chance of winning and everyone has conspired against him, so that boxings golden boy lamont peterson could finally become the champion america has been craving. or at least thats how khans painting it. live in iran long enough and im sure you will end up hating the british too

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:25 pm

Did the mystery man mess up the cards, he could be in the same ditch as the judge.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next