The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking at the Welsh Squad for this years Six Nations

+37
Seagultaf
Rugby Fan
samuraidragon
glamorganalun
BamBam
George Carlin
gregortree
nathan
rainbow-warrior
mckay1402
aucklandlaurie
offload
Comfort
BigTrevsbigmac
Coleman
propdavid_london
chris_501
Knowsit17
GavinDragon
BlueNote
Luckless Pedestrian
Welly
Cardiff Dave
lostinwales
Jhamer25
LordDowlais
Liam
HammerofThunor
wales606
Taylorman
Gwlad
The Saint
majesticimperialman
wayne
bedfordwelsh
ScarletSpiderman
maestegmafia
41 posters

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

Looking at the Welsh Squad for this years Six Nations - Page 13 Empty Looking at the Welsh Squad for this years Six Nations

Post by maestegmafia Mon 05 Jan 2015, 12:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

the Wales team to face England

1. Jenkins
2. Hibbard
3. Lee
4. Jones
5. Ball
6. Lydiate
7. Warburton
8. Faletau
9. Webb
10. Biggar
11. North
12. Roberts
13. JD2
14. Cuthbert
15. Halfpenny

16. Baldwin
17. James
18. Jarvis
19. Charteris
20. Tipuric
21. Phillips
22. Preistland
23. Williams

WALES 2015 SIX NATIONS SQUAD:

Forwards:
Looseheads
Gethin Jenkins (Cardiff Blues), Paul James (Bath), Rob Evans (Scarlets)

Tightheads
Aaron Jarvis (Ospreys), Samson Lee (Scarlets), Scott Andrews (Cardiff Blues)

Hookers
Richard Hibbard (Gloucester), Kristian Dacey (Cardiff Blues), Scott Baldwin (Ospreys)

Locks
Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys), Jake Ball (Scarlets), Bradley Davies (Wasps), Luke Charteris (Racing Metro)

Blindsides
Dan Lydiate (Ospreys), James King (Ospreys)

Opensides
Sam Warburton (Cardiff Blues, capt), Justin Tipuric (Ospreys)

Number 8
Taulupe Faletau (Newport Gwent Dragons)

Backs:

Scrumhalves
Mike Phillips (Racing Metro), Rhys Webb (Ospreys), Gareth Davies (Scarlets),

Fly halves
Dan Biggar (Ospreys), Rhys Priestland (Scarlets), Gareth Anscombe (Cardiff Blues)

Centres
Cory Allen (Cardiff Blues), Jamie Roberts (Racing Metro), Jonathan Davies (Clermont Auvergne), Scott Williams (Scarlets), Tyler Morgan (Newport Gwent Dragons)

Wings
Hallam Amos (Newport Gwent Dragons), Alex Cuthbert (Cardiff Blues), George North (Northampton Saints),

Fullbacks
Liam Williams (Scarlets), Leigh Halfpenny (Toulon)

Last edited by maestegmafia on Mon 02 Feb 2015, 1:02 pm; edited 3 times in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Looking at the Welsh Squad for this years Six Nations - Page 13 Empty Re: Looking at the Welsh Squad for this years Six Nations

Post by TJ Mon 02 Feb 2015, 2:06 pm

I think Wales are very predictable in how they will play - so it should be easy to formulate a game plan to nullify them but also having a very settled side and tactics means they all know what they are doing and its totally ingrained in them. Will Lancaster be able to nullify them with his tactics?

TJ

Back to top Go down

Looking at the Welsh Squad for this years Six Nations - Page 13 Empty Re: Looking at the Welsh Squad for this years Six Nations

Post by Guest Mon 02 Feb 2015, 2:15 pm

No9 wrote:
The Saint wrote:Absolutely nothing learnt from the autumn series (apart from we know we have a weak bench when we get a few injuries). Too many off form players littered in the 23. The form picks playing in Wales can feel hard done by; I wouldn't mind at all to see us lose so maybe lessons can finally be learnt.

Saint, I know you get bad press on here from some, but that comment is an absolute howler... How can any fan want their team to LOOSE the first game of a tournament... There can be arguments like this if we where 4 games in and already thrown in the towel, but to say this before the tournament kicks off, is beyond comprehension in my opinion.

Gatland has picked, what he believes is his strongest side. So far, for Wales and the Lions, he hasn't gone far wrong. So how about backing him, the coaching team, the playing team.

I've a feeling it could be Slam time this year... recent Wales Grand Slam years... 2005, 2008, 20012, 2015.. 3 Years; 4 Years; 3 Years there's a pattern there Whistle

3 years

3 sides in a triangle

Illuminati symbol is a triangle

Wales are the Illuminati

Grandslam is the apocalypse

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Mon 02 Feb 2015, 2:23 pm

TJ wrote:I think Wales are very predictable in how they will play - so it should be easy to formulate a game plan to nullify them but also having a very settled side and tactics means they all know what they are doing and its totally ingrained in them.  Will Lancaster be able to nullify them with his tactics?

That's my concern, if I'm honest... Ireland managed to do that last year, by keeping us pinned back and making sure they didn't give any penalties away in Halfpenny's range. England also had the makings of our game play last year and took advantage of that, if they had been more disciplined (as Ireland where) then they would have kept the penalties outside of Halfpenny's range and would have repaid us with interest for the 2013 smashing we gave in Cardiff.

I think the English injuries is the only thing tagging us (Wales) with the favourite tag, and the English have strength in depth, so I don't think that's going to be a very big advantage... (head wrote this...)..

Now for the heart...

WALES will easily beat England... Another 30 point thrashing coming your way.. Yahoo ........ Whistle

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Feb 2015, 3:40 pm

So we have no centre cover on the bench? With JD2 not being in great form this is a big worry for me. I thought Scott Williams should have started, so even more surprised he's not on the bench. Looks like he drops out entirely? Shocking! I guess that means North to centre if there's an injury?

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon 02 Feb 2015, 3:51 pm

Griff wrote:So we have no centre cover on the bench?  With JD2 not being in great form this is a big worry for me.  I thought Scott Williams should have started, so even more surprised he's not on the bench.  Looks like he drops out entirely?  Shocking!  I guess that means North to centre if there's an injury?  

Gatland has shown recently that he prefers North at 13 to Scott on the wing
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcusHalberstram Mon 02 Feb 2015, 4:02 pm

Agree Scott Williams can feel very hard done by - he's been playing brilliantly this season and the only real glaring omission from the match 23.

MarcusHalberstram

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Feb 2015, 4:32 pm

The problem is that North isn't great in defence. He's OK if he hits you or gets you low, but he's a bit of a flapper! He tends to go high and try to grab people. That might be OK with the touch line as his friend but in midfield I'm afraid that he'll be easily beaten at this level. A bit harsh?

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Mon 02 Feb 2015, 4:50 pm

The Saint wrote:
wayne wrote:
The Saint wrote:
wayne wrote:
The Saint wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:
Gwlad wrote:Has King played at 8 at all?

Not sure but I doubt it would have been a great deal if he has.  

Can't remember him doing so. Kind of shoots that statement "King is good cover at 4, 5, 6, 7, 8." out of the water.
Who has said that? Let me just add he has never started a game at 8 for the Ospreys

It's been banded around a few times on here in the past by multiple posters.
Oh, so nobody important then.

You and maesteg aren't important, so you were right about that Very Happy. Whenever somebody questioned the calls for, and then inclusion in the Wales squad, what I have said here was the standard retort.
Can you point me to where I've said that King is good enough to cover either 7 or 8 for Wales, he is obviously not good enough at 7 as the twice this season he has played there for us, once he was outplayed by Cudd and as he is nowhere near International standard King cant be as well, and as I've already stated King has NEVER started a game for us at 8, he MIGHT have gone there because of injuries during a game, although I don't remember one. Whatever his attributes obviously Gatland thinks more of him than a few of the other names bandied about on this board, a few I agree with, Navidi I do not.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 02 Feb 2015, 9:19 pm

No9 wrote:
The Saint wrote:Absolutely nothing learnt from the autumn series (apart from we know we have a weak bench when we get a few injuries). Too many off form players littered in the 23. The form picks playing in Wales can feel hard done by; I wouldn't mind at all to see us lose so maybe lessons can finally be learnt.

Saint, I know you get bad press on here from some, but that comment is an absolute howler... How can any fan want their team to LOOSE the first game of a tournament... There can be arguments like this if we where 4 games in and already thrown in the towel, but to say this before the tournament kicks off, is beyond comprehension in my opinion.

Gatland has picked, what he believes is his strongest side. So far, for Wales and the Lions, he hasn't gone far wrong. So how about backing him, the coaching team, the playing team.

I've a feeling it could be Slam time this year... recent Wales Grand Slam years... 2005, 2008, 20012, 2015.. 3 Years; 4 Years; 3 Years there's a pattern there Whistle

Firstly, it's LOSE, not loose. Please allow me to explain. I'm pretty tired of inconsistent selection and the form players that also happen to ply their trade in Wales getting overlooked. One game in and we lose, everyone will say give the guys another chance to prove themselves. Win that one and everyone thinks it was the correct decision all along. Gats is a top bloke, but like a lot of the players needs a kick up the backside. His selection back-firing would do just that. Also note, this is not the first time this has happened throughout his 8-9 year tenure. I don't want us to lose, I want us to win every game but I also want equal opportunities - if it takes losses to get that, then I'll accept it. BTW, I also have us down as favourites. Can't wait for Friday! #lovewales #loverugby

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 02 Feb 2015, 10:04 pm

In all honesty I think we all knew this would be the side and unless it all goes horribly wrong then this is likely to be his 1st team for the WC.

I am pretty happy with bar a few selections (Williams boys) even happy with Jenkins starting given he's not my first choice.

Despite all their injuries I don't think England are as weakened as they would have us believe, Cole and Billy V in for Wilson and Morgan isn't that much of a backward step, Ford is one of the form 10s at the mo and the likely centres are the ones that played and won against us last year.

All that said if we do lose against a perceived weakened England side what affect will that have come the WC?
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 02 Feb 2015, 10:06 pm

We also know that Jarvis can't do what he's meant to do (scrum). I'd have had Paul James back covering TH (as we're that desperate) and have Rob Evans on the bench - can't say he doesn't deserve to be there can we.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 02 Feb 2015, 10:08 pm

Saint,

I did suggest that but it got laughed out of the room. I can understand why given that James hasn't played there for so long but I still think he's a better option than Jarvis and Andrews.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 02 Feb 2015, 10:43 pm

Jarvis and Andrews may not have set the world alight at TH but they have actually played there in the last four years.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 02 Feb 2015, 10:48 pm

..and didn't set the world alight, which is putting it lightly. What was your point with that statement maes? Laugh

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Tue 03 Feb 2015, 12:51 am

The Saint wrote:
No9 wrote:

Firstly, it's LOSE, not loose
. Please allow me to explain. I'm pretty tired of inconsistent selection and the form players that also happen to ply their trade in Wales getting overlooked. One game in and we lose, everyone will say give the guys another chance to prove themselves. Win that one and everyone thinks it was the correct decision all along. Gats is a top bloke, but like a lot of the players needs a kick up the backside. His selection back-firing would do just that. Also note, this is not the first time this has happened throughout his 8-9 year tenure. I don't want us to lose, I want us to win every game but I also want equal opportunities - if it takes losses to get that, then I'll accept it. BTW, I also have us down as favourites. Can't wait for Friday! #lovewales #loverugby

Doh Firstly, let me thank you for pointing out my typo.. clap

...however, you say your pretty tired of inconsistent selection.. Where has there been inconsistent selection from Gats.. That's one thing I don't think anyone can lay on him. Providing players are available to him, consistency is one thing you can bank on, as shown by the "unsurprising" selection he has made. Lets not forget, that up till recently he "consistently" picked Priestland and Phillips at half backs, even when they weren't on form. His consistence has put Halfpenny in at 15 and Cuthbert and North keeping their place, hence a bench slot for Liam. If there's one criticism that cannot be played at Gatland's feet is "inconsistent selection". Not selecting form players, I may go with that one, just, but who says the players he's selected are not the form players. None of them would have played for 2 weeks, and so its how they perform in training that is going to get them selected. Their regional form is what got them into the squad. So I wait to make judgement on that.

Does he need a kick up the backside.. NO... He needs Wales to get behind him. Why would we want to kick him now, before the tournament starts and in RWC year. He hasn't screwed up yet, so lets not criticise the guy just because you don't agree with his selection.

...and for "this is not the first time this has happened throughout his 8-9 year tenure", I don't think I even understand that.. He has won 2 Grand Slams and 1 Tournament win. That's 3 Titles in 8 years (using your maths... its actually 7 years 2008-present). Not forgetting a Lions series win, so that year wasn't actually coaching.. So that's 3 Titles in 6 Years in Charge... Is there another 6 Nations (or previous 5 Nations) coach who can boast that record.. I don't think so (but don't know to be honest.. anyone ?)..

I'm glad to hear you've backed the boys, but try doing so with a little more conviction, rather than throwing meaningless criticism.

This Friday is the make or break, in my opinion. Like 2005, we start with England. Win this and confidence will be high going to Scotland. Win there and the wheels really start to roll then.. However, lose on Friday and we could implode.

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Tue 03 Feb 2015, 2:07 am

Staggering that in RWC year some so called fans wants to legs Gatland to make a point…..and what point exactly that the most successful 6 Nations coach in history has got it wrong. Methinks someone else has it wrong.

How do you spell Loser again?

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue 03 Feb 2015, 11:44 am

No9 wrote:
The Saint wrote:
No9 wrote:

. Please allow me to explain. I'm pretty tired of inconsistent selection and the form players that also happen to ply their trade in Wales getting overlooked. One game in and we lose, everyone will say give the guys another chance to prove themselves. Win that one and everyone thinks it was the correct decision all along. Gats is a top bloke, but like a lot of the players needs a kick up the backside. His selection back-firing would do just that. Also note, this is not the first time this has happened throughout his 8-9 year tenure. I don't want us to lose, I want us to win every game but I also want equal opportunities - if it takes losses to get that, then I'll accept it. BTW, I also have us down as favourites. Can't wait for Friday! #lovewales #loverugby

...however, you say your pretty tired of inconsistent selection.. Where has there been inconsistent selection from Gats.. That's one thing I don't think anyone can lay on him. Providing players are available to him, consistency is one thing you can bank on, as shown by the "unsurprising" selection he has made. Lets not forget, that up till recently he "consistently" picked Priestland and Phillips at half backs, even when they weren't on form. His consistence has put Halfpenny in at 15 and Cuthbert and North keeping their place, hence a bench slot for Liam. If there's one criticism that cannot be played at Gatland's feet is "inconsistent selection". Not selecting form players, I may go with that one, just, but who says the players he's selected are not the form players. None of them would have played for 2 weeks, and so its how they perform in training that is going to get them selected. Their regional form is what got them into the squad. So I wait to make judgement on that.

Does he need a kick up the backside.. NO... He needs Wales to get behind him. Why would we want to kick him now, before the tournament starts and in RWC year. He hasn't screwed up yet, so lets not criticise the guy just because you don't agree with his selection.

...and for "this is not the first time this has happened throughout his 8-9 year tenure", I don't think I even understand that.. He has won 2 Grand Slams and 1 Tournament win. That's 3 Titles in 8 years (using your maths... its actually 7 years 2008-present). Not forgetting a Lions series win, so that year wasn't actually coaching.. So that's 3 Titles in 6 Years in Charge... Is there another 6 Nations (or previous 5 Nations) coach who can boast that record.. I don't think so (but don't know to be honest.. anyone ?)..

I'm glad to hear you've backed the boys, but try doing so with a little more conviction, rather than throwing meaningless criticism.

This Friday is the make or break, in my opinion. Like 2005, we start with England. Win this and confidence will be high going to Scotland. Win there and the wheels really start to roll then.. However, lose on Friday and we could implode.

It's not difficult to identify the difference between both words tbh. Learn to spell if you want to be taken seriously.

Maybe it's his consistent selection that is the problem then, inconsistent was the wrong word to use. Phillips, Priestland and Jarvis shouldn't be anywhere near the squad. North, Cuthbert, JD2 and Tipuric are extremely lucky given form and game time. Leaving out Scott Williams, Rob Evans, Hallam Amos and benching Liam Williams are absolute howlers. Ah here we go again, the old they've been playing well in training. That's how Gareth Cooper, Tom James and Deniol Jones used to get picked. What a bonehead decision. The regional form should be top priority, hence why we have regions that play rugby throughout the year, so to say otherwise is ridiculous. That's another bonehead idea from you.

He sure does, he needs to be less stubborn. Unless you've been living under a rock then I can't see how you don't think he is not overly-stubborn. I'm open to criticize and disagree how and when I please. That said, I don't think I have criticized him? I've always been supportive of Gatland, even when I don't agree with his decisions, which can be in regards to team selection and tactics. It's been that way throughout his tenure. I'm sure he isn't as touchy as you so probably wouldn't end up crying over it...

The stubbornness and bad decision-making has been frequent throughout his tenure, hence a lot of bad results. Again, you would know that unless you've been living under a rock. I also thought I made that point quite clear in the previous post. Gats has 2 slams, can he be afforded the title win? It is a good record. Off the top of my head I think Bernard Laporte has a better record - but with this I don't see what you're getting at; are you suggesting I can't question decisions because of those 3 titles? What about all the time in between those? Have you forgotten the games against Italy, England and Ireland just last year?

Why don't you just leave how I support my team to me. I'm not out to please you. Again, not sure where I've thrown any meaningless criticism. I've disagreed with some things and used factual evidence to back that up. But never mind, I'm sure you'll get more children latching on to your crap comments soon enough.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Tue 03 Feb 2015, 2:19 pm

The Saint wrote:
No9 wrote:
The Saint wrote:
No9 wrote:

It's not difficult to identify the difference between both words tbh. Learn to spell if you want to be taken seriously (1).

Maybe it's his consistent selection that is the problem then, inconsistent was the wrong word to use. Phillips, Priestland and Jarvis shouldn't be anywhere near the squad. North, Cuthbert, JD2 and Tipuric are extremely lucky given form and game time. Leaving out Scott Williams, Rob Evans, Hallam Amos and benching Liam Williams are absolute howlers. Ah here we go again, the old they've been playing well in training. That's how Gareth Cooper, Tom James and Deniol Jones used to get picked(2). What a bonehead decision. The regional form should be top priority, hence why we have regions that play rugby throughout the year, so to say otherwise is ridiculous(3). That's another bonehead idea from you(4).

He sure does, he needs to be less stubborn. Unless you've been living under a rock then I can't see how you don't think he is not overly-stubborn. I'm open to criticize and disagree how and when I please. That said, I don't think I have criticized him? I've always been supportive of Gatland, even when I don't agree with his decisions, which can be in regards to team selection and tactics. It's been that way throughout his tenure. I'm sure he isn't as touchy as you so probably wouldn't end up crying over it...

The stubbornness and bad decision-making has been frequent throughout his tenure, hence a lot of bad results. Again, you would know that unless you've been living under a rock. I also thought I made that point quite clear in the previous post. Gats has 2 slams, can he be afforded the title win? It is a good record. Off the top of my head I think Bernard Laporte has a better record - but with this I don't see what you're getting at; are you suggesting I can't question decisions because of those 3 titles? What about all the time in between those? Have you forgotten the games against Italy, England and Ireland just last year?(5)

Why don't you just leave how I support my team to me. I'm not out to please you(6). Again, not sure where I've thrown any meaningless criticism. I've disagreed with some things and used factual evidence to back that up.(7) But never mind, I'm sure you'll get more children latching on to your crap comments soon enough.

(1) I agree, its not difficult. Same can be said for reading, so why did you miss my response. Again it was a TYPO... Have you never made any..wow, what must it be like to be Mr Perfect ?
(2) You know that for a fact do you.. It couldn't have been because they where the best players available to the "then" coach at that time.. I guess this is subjective, and as such pointless debating.
(3) The regional/club form does count. Its that form that gets them in the squad to start. There will some who miss out, but again the form players can be debated till the cows come home. Gatland has to form a squad then team that gel. Just because a player is on the best form, doesn't mean he will work well in the squad/team. We have had far too many "individuals" previously, who don't work within the team structure (wont name any, to avoid starting another "slanging" match, but I bet we can all name some). So how do you know the players you mentioned have performed well in training way above others selected. Are you privy to information we mere mortals aren't.
(4) Getting personal there aren't you... I haven't raised any insults at all to you, in this post or past. In fact, I have defended you in the past, I just think your post this time is "off form". So an apologies would be appreciated...
(5) Under a rock.. You are either throwing insults to me again, or inferring I haven't a clue about rugby. I played rugby through school and University, and played for my local village until I was 30 yrs old. I have watched rugby for over 45yrs and in my mid 50s now. So I say I have as much a clue as you, but will let you decide how much that is, as I'm not making any assumptions on your "rugby knowledge". Would appreciate you offer me the same courtesy.
(6) Support is the key word, and calling for the team to "lose" so that Gats gets a kick up the backside, isn't a great way to support, in my opinion. As for being out to please me, I wouldn't want you to and could care less. The only reason I bothered to respond this time, is I don't care for the insulting way you responded to me.
(7) I'm yet to see anything "factual". All I see is your opinions, which I don't agree with (on this occasion).

As for the general tone of your response... Suggest you take a "chill pill" as my children (and grandchildren) say. You really lost it there didn't you.

So calm down matey, you have rubbed many posters up the wrong way on this board in the past and I have defended you on occasions. I'm not sure I'll be so quick next time.

By all means respond if you feel necessary, I dare say you will... But this is my last word on the subject, so good luck.

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue 03 Feb 2015, 7:35 pm

1. Which response? I've replied to your comments.
2. Yes, as it's happened. Is that not one of the reasons we play regional rugby? I must be missing something. The mentioned players were certainly not the best at the time, most certainly not! Just like some current ones in the squad aren't really some of the best in their position. Again, this is simple if you watch rugby.
3. Yes it does count. 'Form in training' is daft, you aren't even playing competitive rugby! If gats is forming a squad, why are players there who won't be at the RWC? Why aren't some players who will be at the RWC not in the current squad? See, these are the current questions I ask of him, but for some reason that's meaningless criticism according to you. I'm not privy to information. But it doesn't take a genius to figure out that Liam Williams is playing better than Cuthbert/North, and that SCott Williams is playing better than JD2; just some examples. Why you would make a meal of that when it's so blatantly obvious I do not know.
4. Is it? I see it as a bonehead idea, so that's what I'm saying it. It's not like I'm calling you a bonehead, though with these last two posts you are coming across as one. Not so sure where you've defended me and for what reason? Couldn't have been so, as I'm not really ever wrong tbh with you.
5. Your comments imply that you haven't a clue about what's been going on this season, and for most of the Gatland era (I've already highlighted where, so don't bother asking which ones). Cheers for your life story.
6. I've already said why Gats as well as certain players need a kick up the backside. No problem with you disagreeing, but that doesn't make me incorrect. Rugby is more than about winning sometimes, bear that in mind. I didn't call for Wales to lose, in the context I understand it as. I clearly said I wouldn't mind seeing us lose, I later gave my reasoning for that. It doesn't mean I've stopped being a supporter overnight (the only time I considered not watching us play was at the tail-end of the Autumn series Howley took over and the tour to Japan; if you think back to those times then I don't think it needs explanation - and even then I didn't go out and say "I hope we lose.").
7. It was based on selections, performances, losses, win-ratio's; which are interdependent and have already happened. Hence they are FACTUAL. Now you're finally beginning to understand.

No I didn't. Thanks for boring me with your life story again, but being honest (once again) I couldn't give a sh*t what posters on this rugby site write about The Saint. Never have done.

No sure where you've defended me (again). If I rubbed anyone up, I went out of my way to do it with good reason to do so Wink. Any other times must have been me posting facts that upset some people.

Thanks, didn't want to read another crap comment (your latest comment has been so to, but to a slight lesser extent).

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue 03 Feb 2015, 7:47 pm

Jesus, calm down people...
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Tue 03 Feb 2015, 8:34 pm

England are likely to get more out of this game than Wales or at least less damage. If England lose by anything less than 10 points they will just feel it is down to all the injuries, if they win they will be very confident of a win in the RWC. Wales must beat England by 20 points of more to believe they have a good chance for the RWC so this is a big game for Wales.

Wales to win by 15 points.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 03 Feb 2015, 8:44 pm

I am not buying into this weakened England rubbish, I admit Lawes is a big loss but Attwood was in the side that nearly beat the All Blacks in the Autumn as was Billy V and with Cole coming in for Wilson is no huge loss. Some have been calling for Brand for sometime while Jospeh is one of the form centres in the Aviva.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 03 Feb 2015, 11:51 pm

The Telegraph say that it is likely to be Ford, Burrell, Joseph with May, Brown and Watson in the back three. That is the best England backline they can pick with or without injuries. They are the form players in England.

The pack hasn't lost much, Marler and Hartley are first choice, their lock options are depleted but they have a lot of good locks and the backrow is the one that started most of the autumn internationals.

This hardly a weak team we will be playing. Tough I think Wales are a better team even if England have their first choice players.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Wed 04 Feb 2015, 2:39 am

bedfordwelsh wrote:I am not buying into this weakened England rubbish, I admit Lawes is a big loss but Attwood was in the side that nearly beat the All Blacks in the Autumn as was Billy V and with Cole coming in for Wilson is no huge loss.  Some have been calling for Brand for sometime while Jospeh is one of the form centres in the Aviva.

Individually they are not 'weakened' but as a unit i would say they may be very very weak…..and Easter is hardly progress! I expect a tight game but Wales may well run away with it in the last 1/3

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Wed 04 Feb 2015, 7:40 am

I would say passions are running high!

There is always pressure to win and I don't imagine that WG and SL are feeling too different over that. However, there is a reasonalble argument to be made that playing at home and with more first choice players available, Wales has more to lose. I wouldn't want to go to Twickenham later this year to face a possibly stronger team having lost at home on Friday. Just my opimion.

We also have three away matches this 6N's so we can't afford to lose our opening home game.

I'm anticipating a very tight encounter and both teams will need to find top form to win.
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 04 Feb 2015, 8:23 am

The Saint wrote:as I'm not really ever wrong tbh with you.

picard

Come on Saint, show some humility, it's no wonder you rub so many people up the wrong way on here with comments like that. You are all of 25yrs old, yet you come on here claiming to be the font of all knowledge. You seriously lose any debates when you make comments like that. Please tell me it was a tongue in cheek comment.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Wed 04 Feb 2015, 8:37 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

picard

Come on Saint, show some humility, it's no wonder you rub so many people up the wrong way on here with comments like that. You are all of 25yrs old, yet you come on here claiming to be the font of all knowledge. You seriously lose any debates when you make comments like that. Please tell me it was a tongue in cheek comment.

If I didn't know better I'd say it was my mother in law... Wink

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 05 Feb 2015, 12:21 pm

No9 wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

picard

If I didn't know better I'd say it was my mother in law...  Wink

Laugh

It's like me, when I told my wife, I always knew I married misses right, it's just a shame I did not know your first name was always before I married you. Whistle

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Thu 05 Feb 2015, 1:00 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
No9 wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

picard

If I didn't know better I'd say it was my mother in law...  Wink

Laugh

It's like me, when I told my wife, I always knew I married misses right, it's just a shame I did not know your first name was always before I married you. Whistle

clapVery Happy... think I must have married her twin sister... Whistle

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 07 Feb 2015, 10:50 am

When you two clowns have quite finished flirting with each other... I was wondering what your opinion was on the selected players that I mentioned? They didn't seem to fire. Also, Gatland has come out and openly criticised Webb for box-kicking. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it Gatland's tactics to have our 9 and 10 kick all the time? There was way too much kicking yesterday, most of which is no doubt his orders. This reminds of the Ireland game last year; from his choice words before the tournament it was obvious what time of game plan we'd employ. My question is why throw this tournament?

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sun 08 Feb 2015, 12:13 am

Hope you are satisfied, what did we learn?

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Feb 2015, 12:18 am

Pick on form for a start. Don't just give the ball to crash ball players where they're being lined up. Do I need to carry on?

That said, we didn't learn anything new as it's been glaringly obvious for ages to all bar Gatland and Wob

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 08 Feb 2015, 12:20 am

Our pack stopped trying to compete for the ball at the breakdown in the second half.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun 08 Feb 2015, 3:08 am

Gwlad wrote:

What Rev said. Quite simple really. I decided to set up a thread to discuss it anyway.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sun 08 Feb 2015, 5:55 am

The Saint wrote:
Gwlad wrote:

What Rev said. Quite simple really. I decided to set up a thread to discuss it anyway.

We needed to lose to learn that did we? picard

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 08 Feb 2015, 7:09 am

Whenever you're ready, everyone.

We've put the kettle on:
https://www.606v2.com/t57622-6n-round-2-scotland-v-wales-15-february
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun 08 Feb 2015, 11:24 am

Gwlad wrote:
The Saint wrote:
Gwlad wrote:

We needed to lose to learn that did we? picard

After all the previous discussion that seems like a really dumb question to ask. We didn't, no. But I had suggested Gatland did. I still doubt we'll see a single change for next week.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13