The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The "All-in" Junior world cup thread

+53
Barney McGrew did it
propdavid_london
nobbled
Gunner
jelly
Exiledinborders
No 7&1/2
rodders
thebandwagonsociety
quinsforever
Cumbrian
Rugby Fan
Mad for Chelsea
kingraf
Hood83
DaveM
Sgt_Pooly
Portnoy's Complaint
Pal Joey
Geordie
kiakahaaotearoa
Scrumpy
brennomac
LeinsterFan4life
Welly
fa0019
Dubbelyew L Overate
Poorfour
alive555
whocares
Ozzy3213
GavinDragon
blackcanelion
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
lostinwales
asoreleftshoulder
rainbow-warrior
MMaaxx
Biltong
Dorothy_Mantooth
beshocked
HammerofThunor
The Great Aukster
sickofwendy
Notch
majesticimperialman
profitius
George Carlin
SecretFly
The Saint
BigTrevsbigmac
aucklandlaurie
Taylorman
57 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The "All-in" Junior world cup thread - Page 8 Empty The "All-in" Junior world cup thread

Post by Taylorman Mon 02 Jun 2014, 04:56

First topic message reminder :

With 6 games on today didnt feel like jumping around the various u20 posts for each side...

On now is Scotland vs SA- Scots ahead after 16 mins 5-0, now SA 7-5 after 18.

Wales are leading Fiji 14-5 after scoring a try after 7 seconds! An average kick of to the left was left to bounce by the Fijians and Wales came through at full pace catching the ball after the bounce and scored in the corner. Other than the ball bouncing I don't think you can get a quicker try.

Aus thrashed Argie 36-17.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

The "All-in" Junior world cup thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The "All-in" Junior world cup thread

Post by quinsforever Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:06

no way...he actually gave england a penalty for the SA LH boring in....only took 75 minutes FFS

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

The "All-in" Junior world cup thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The "All-in" Junior world cup thread

Post by MMaaxx Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:07

Scrums are a lottery and have become a part of the game I dislike. I question the legality of England's technique. Reminds me of the last time SA played at Twickers. England were given 3 penalties in the first half from scrums which at half time in skysports were shown to have resulted from Corbs illegally scrumming in.

MMaaxx

Location : New place every week, live between SA, Porugal and UK

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:08

that was a silly offload from the England winger there, sometimes you have to take the contact and recycle...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by jelly Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:08

Biltong wrote:Referee not penalising England at all in their red zone, but very quick on the whistle in the SA red zone

Certainly some odd decisions, or should that be non-decisions, though I think he's been bad rather than favouring one team or the other.

jelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:10

Not sure why the English supporters are complaining so much, they got all the calls at the breakdown.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:10

yawn. you obviously havent been watching the scrums kia.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:11

Huge scrum needed now!
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:11

Biltong wrote:Not sure why the English supporters are complaining so much, they got all the calls at the breakdown.
disagree. he has been consistent throughout, just consistently soft at the breakdown, and not blowing the whistle at all at the scrum.

pollard should have been off the pitch which was another huge howler.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:12

England win in a game full of errors but we will take it

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:12

Win!!!!!
Well played England!
Hard luck SA about as close as it gets.d
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:12

England hold on. Some smart if boring rugby sees them keep posession for the last two minutes, and their scrum holds up, allowing Burns to boot the ball high into the stands.

Well done England clap

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:13

MMaaxx wrote:Scrums are a lottery and have become a part of the game I dislike. I question the legality of England's technique. Reminds me of the last time SA played at Twickers. England were given 3 penalties in the first half from scrums which at half time in skysports were shown to have resulted from Corbs illegally scrumming in.

not in this game. england front row was very square and very strong. SA LH was like a piece of paper how quickly he folded sideways, all game long, even the replacement!

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:13

World Cup retained!

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:13

Just goes to show, it isn't all about size eh?  Whistle 
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:14

I'm watching quins but I find your comments on this thread mirror exactly the things you criticise about other fans.

That said, I think England deserved to win and that's a well deserved double. Congratulations.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:14

Or 10 man rugby........

Pollard struggled when not kicking, he let us back in.

Our scrum was dominant throughout and a deserved win.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:14

nice gracious speeches by both captains.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:15

Great stuff boys...!

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:15

But sure didn't Suárez score the two goals????  Were they disallowed?  I'm confused now.... but at least Roy will be in better form now that he realises he won afterall.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:15

Good game.
Well done England

Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:16

SecretFly wrote:But sure didn't Suárez score the two goals????  Were they disallowed?  I'm confused now.... but at least Roy will be in better form now that he realises he won afterall.

are you on the right thread?  Erm 

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:16

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:I'm watching quins but I find your comments on this thread mirror exactly the things you criticise about other fans.

That said, I think England deserved to win and that's a well deserved double. Congratulations.
i rarely complain about refs. and i dont care when others do tbh. it is extremely obvious that the quality of refs at the jwc level is far below what i am used to seeing at NH senior club and intl level. especially when it comes to scrums, which are a much bigger part of the NH game.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:17

Fantastic!

Back-to-back champions Smile

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:19

Bodes well for Englands future...we have some crackers coming through!

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by jelly Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:20

How come Stephenson wasn't playing, is it because he missed the start of the tournament due to being with the Saints and couldn't get back in the team?

jelly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:28

Cyril wrote:Fantastic!

Pity about the soccer though.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:28

rodders wrote:

football, please, call it football Very Happy

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:36

rodders wrote:

Yeah, I've no idea why they subbed Charlton in 1970 vs West Germany.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:42

It is an achievement for England.  Congratulations to them.  They done the biz.  Undoubtedly the talk will already be moving on for an ambitious unit, and three in a row will be already being mentioned .... and who would bet against it?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by sickofwendy Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:44

Well done England

sickofwendy

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:47

Mad for Chelsea wrote:
rodders wrote:

Yeah but that might confuse folks because England play rugby football with 10 men as well.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:48

SecretFly wrote:It is an achievement for England.  Congratulations to them.  They done the biz.  Undoubtedly the talk will already be moving on for an ambitious unit, and three in a row will be already being mentioned .... and who would bet against it?
i think the margins of victory will prevent anyone getting too excited. beating SA by 1 point, and coming back from 15 behind against Wales in 2013 to win by 1 score, hardly give england the right to talk of global domination!

although i am sure they would love to win 3 in a row.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:49

rodders wrote:
Mad for Chelsea wrote:
rodders wrote:

Yeah but that might confuse folks because England play rugby football with 10 men as well.
 Laugh Laugh 

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:49

drumroll 
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:50

rodders wrote:
Mad for Chelsea wrote:
rodders wrote:

you, sir, are a genius clap

Laugh Laugh

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:50

how many of the players were involved last year?

It would be much more impressive if it was literally a different side?

Handre already is a starter for the bulls so they faced a good side. And Kriel looks a very good player too.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:51

So who is going to 'make it' from the player's we've seen at the tournament?
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:51

Englands 13 looks poor. Kriel had his number time and time again.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:54

fa0019 wrote:Englands 13 looks poor. Kriel had his number time and time again.

Yes he looked good going forward but looked very fragile when defending.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:54

not sure about that fa. tompkins made the break that scored england's first try against the run of play in the first half. and when he missed that tackle he lost his footing and slid into his man. some good, some bad, but definitely not all bad.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Fri 20 Jun 2014, 11:56

Great win lads well done
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by blackcanelion Fri 20 Jun 2014, 12:36

quinsforever wrote:
kiakahaaotearoa wrote:I'm watching quins but I find your comments on this thread mirror exactly the things you criticise about other fans.

i rarely complain about refs. and i dont care when others do tbh. it is extremely obvious that the quality of refs at the jwc level is far below what i am used to seeing at NH senior club and intl level. especially when it comes to scrums, which are a much bigger part of the NH game.

Haven't seen the game. Well done England. Two best sides in the final. Close game. Heard similar comments from an ex AB and current coach on the radio. Thought the refereeing wasn't the best. Thought the baby boks would feel pretty hard done by. Good to see you felt the same way Quins.

blackcanelion

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Fri 20 Jun 2014, 12:44

fa0019 wrote:how many of the players were involved last year?

It would be much more impressive if it was literally a different side?

Handre already is a starter for the bulls so they faced a good side. And Kriel looks a very good player too.

There were 5 in the 23 in the final last year in the final this year.

Harry Sloan, Ross Moriarty, Danny Hobbs-Awoyemi, Callum Braley and Henry Purdy.

EDIT: Watson is still eligible but was on the main tour.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 20 Jun 2014, 12:53

quinsforever wrote:
SecretFly wrote:It is an achievement for England.  Congratulations to them.  They done the biz.  Undoubtedly the talk will already be moving on for an ambitious unit, and three in a row will be already being mentioned .... and who would bet against it?
i think the margins of victory will prevent anyone getting too excited. beating SA by 1 point, and coming back from 15 behind against Wales in 2013 to win by 1 score, hardly give england the right to talk of global domination!

although i am sure they would love to win 3 in a row.

Those wins - because they are so close - they are not err 'devalued' are they?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 20 Jun 2014, 12:58

Stats for points this JWC

1 NZ 196 (28 tries)
2 Eng 181 (22 tries)
3 Aus 176 (24)
4 SA 167 (22)

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by blackcanelion Fri 20 Jun 2014, 13:04

lostinwales wrote:Stats for points this JWC

1 NZ 196 (28 tries)
2 Eng 181 (22 tries)
3 Aus 176 (24)
4 SA  167 (22)

Unfortunately we played 10 man rugby. In our case we didn't include the tight 5.

blackcanelion

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 20 Jun 2014, 13:10

blackcanelion wrote:
lostinwales wrote:Stats for points this JWC

1 NZ 196 (28 tries)
2 Eng 181 (22 tries)
3 Aus 176 (24)
4 SA  167 (22)

Unfortunately we played 10 man rugby. In our case we didn't include the tight 5.

You flat track bullies you Wink

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Fri 20 Jun 2014, 13:36

Missed the game but delighted we won. Sounds like the usual disagreements re the ref which is a bit of a shame but I guess inevitable. Does anyone know if they'll have the full game up anywhere.

Also, how much did we use the rolling maul. I thought overall we played some good rugby in other games but perhaps focused on it a bit too much for my liking.

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by jelly Fri 20 Jun 2014, 13:39

Scored a try from it and made some good progress at other times but the whole game was a bit scrappy with plenty of handling errors. Also, the lineout didn't function too well in the first half so didn't have the platform to use the maul too much.

jelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Fri 20 Jun 2014, 13:53

Hood83 wrote:Missed the game but delighted we won. Sounds like the usual disagreements re the ref which is a bit of a shame but I guess inevitable. Does anyone know if they'll have the full game up anywhere.

Also, how much did we use the rolling maul. I thought overall we played some good rugby in other games but perhaps focused on it a bit too much for my liking.
It was used by both sides, Hoody.

But England got points from one and pretty much closed the game out using it.

Actually, I thought the Saffers 'deserved' the win overall. I also thought that the ref played for only one side except that he forgot to change ends at half time. For them in the 1st and for us in the 2nd.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next