The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Bridgend

+29
Biltong
Dave.
Cari
perthshirepuma
PJHolybloke
Rava
Suspicious lurker
Hound_of_Harrow
Ozzy3213
Driver
prop_lyd
Artful_Dodger
Notch
WillyGilly
ChequeredJersey
Rory_Gallagher
Glas a du
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Pete330v2
red_stag
rodders
PenfroPete
Gibson
MBTGOG
Thomond
Pal Joey
Mickado
Luckless Pedestrian
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
33 posters

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Bridgend - Page 4 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Bridgend

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 19 Jul 2012, 2:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello and welcome to the Dew Drop Inn, a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

This week the pub has set up in Bridgend, the birthplace of ex Wales and Lions centre Dr. Jack Matthews, who has sadly passed away.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no tampering with the pictures of Dr Jack Matthews and his Welsh centres partner Bleddyn Williams.

Ale cake cuppa tomato egg coffee mug guinness cider raspberry RedWine Bubbly

Previous Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t32320p950-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-antananarivo-arms-madagascar

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Bridgend - Page 4 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Bridgend

Post by Notch Thu 19 Jul 2012, 8:49 pm

I've just lost two many pairs of glasses. Sat on them. Forget to bring them everywhere all the time.

Nothing worse than getting to a big international at Lansdowne Road, reaching into your pocket and realising your glasses are in Belfast. Seriously.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Bridgend - Page 4 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Bridgend

Post by prop_lyd Thu 19 Jul 2012, 8:57 pm

Evening all, chilling after training with a nice cold cider and watching an episode of zHouse!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 19 Jul 2012, 8:58 pm

I wear contacts, they are life-changers!
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Thu 19 Jul 2012, 9:02 pm

Gibson - there was an awful lot of rubbish there to be honest. As the show progressed, it started getting ridiculous. So many things wrong with what they said, and their evidence wasn't even specific to anything. They didn't once discuss any strength sports, and all their evidence seemed to apply to the average person who wants to keep fit. In which case, of course supplements/sports drinks are going to be a waste of money.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 19 Jul 2012, 9:03 pm

Notch wrote:I've just lost two many pairs of glasses. Sat on them. Forget to bring them everywhere all the time.

Nothing worse than getting to a big international at Lansdowne Road, reaching into your pocket and realising your glasses are in Belfast. Seriously.

Laugh

Man you have NO idea. I was at a Leinster game once, lost my glasses -again! Rang my sis, who drove in and gave me her spare pair. We have exactly the same eyesight in both eyes. Shes done that a lot when I was in Ireland. Pubs, events you name it.

Have often watched games, at night, in rugby-pubs around the place on tour, wearing my prescription sunglasses. The looks I got. Couldnt see them anyway... so phookit.

Thing is, when I get really pished, on a dancefloor, in a pub... wherever ... I think Im a cross between Brad Pitt and John Travolta. Bless im.
So Ive danced on and thrashed my glasses, maybe 8-10 times? Ugly people get purdy - which is a plus. As long as you dont go home with them...
Opticians over here, in England and in Ireland (My sis and niece are opticians thank feic) just break their bollix laffing at me. Its legendary.

Sisterly advice? Either grow up. Stop drinking. Stay home. And .... look in the mirror you feicin eejit! Laugh

Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 19 Jul 2012, 9:20 pm

Missed that panorama show guys was it any good?

Meant to watch it but had to pop out to Sainsburys to buy lucozade sport whilst it was on buy one get one free per 4 pack.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 19 Jul 2012, 9:24 pm

rodders wrote:Missed that panorama show guys was it any good?

Meant to watch it but had to pop out to Sainsburys to buy lucozade sport whilst it was on buy one get one free per 4 pack.

DONT drink it Rodders, you'll get FAT! And it wont help your performance.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 19 Jul 2012, 9:25 pm

Doh
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Thu 19 Jul 2012, 9:28 pm

rodders wrote:Missed that panorama show guys was it any good?

It ended up getting really, really stupid. I think it was meant for the average joe who goes for a jog every now and then.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Thu 19 Jul 2012, 9:29 pm

Oh and don't take supplements either, because it doesn't make you a better footballer, I think was their argument. picard

I thought taking supplements would cure my two left feet. I was wrong.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 19 Jul 2012, 9:31 pm

Rory god damn it man...I am an (below) average Joe who goes for a jog every now and again! Smile
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Thu 19 Jul 2012, 9:34 pm

Not saying there is anything wrong with anyone who does that man. Smile

Just the whole argument against supplements and sports drinks and footwear.. it was just really stupid. Basically top athletes are silly for having good footwear, drinking too much water, and taking supplements.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 19 Jul 2012, 9:34 pm

Ah now Rory, I think you are a wee bit deluded there man. Closed mind?
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 19 Jul 2012, 9:35 pm

Lucosade's fine, it's just no better than water with sugar in it (just so happens that that is brilliant post exercise) Technically you can make your own much cheaper, just be aware that if the mix of salt an wate is wring, you will vomit
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Thu 19 Jul 2012, 9:36 pm

About what? Gibson, I always have an open mind and enjoy hearing both sides. In every walk of life. On that subject, I have stopped taking certain supplements in the past because they were useless and I realised they were money makers. However, some of what was said on that show was ridiculous.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Thu 19 Jul 2012, 9:42 pm

For example, they classified supplements as one big category, without specifically going into what each one does. They aren't all the same thing with the same purpose and some are indeed a waste of money. They said a balanced diet is what you need. However, the supplements themselves say on them "not to replace a healthy balanced diet". If the people even stopped to use their brain for a second and realise the things are called "supplements" they would realise that. Now, why would a rugby player (or american football player, or any strength sport athlete) want to take protein shakes for example?

Like I said, their advice would be perfect for the average jogger who wants to stay relatively fit and healthy. Why would they need supplements? Or energy drinks? Or expensive shoes? They don't. They aren't trying to increase their mass, power output, or anything like that. Maybe there is a reason the top athletes in rugby, have their own nutritionists who supply them with shakes/creatine?

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 19 Jul 2012, 9:45 pm

Only yanking yer chain lads Smile guinness ...although lucozade really is on buy one get one free if yous're interested.... Whistle

Never worry about that panarama nonsence. Most suppliments are garbage for sure but in fairness a good placebo is hard to beat! guinness ....jeebus I knew a bloke once who got smashed on J20 because he thought it was an alcopop!
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 19 Jul 2012, 9:47 pm

rodders wrote:Only yanking yer chain lads Smile guinness ...although lucozade really is on buy one get one free if yous're interested.... Whistle

Never worry about that panarama nonsence. Most suppliments are garbage for sure but in fairness a good placebo is hard to beat! guinness ....jeebus I knew a bloke once who got smashed on J20 because he thought it was an alcopop!

Laugh
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 19 Jul 2012, 9:51 pm

Hi lads, Rory check out Bigger, stronger, faster for a real eye opener into PEDs in sport and the fitness industry... its US based but I'm sure a lot of it applies across the board:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8kExGzZfuM

Really good watch guinness

P.S. Drugs are bad.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 19 Jul 2012, 9:58 pm

Llanelli is mewing like a cat these days, if you know what I mean. Heroin addicts converting like methodists to it because it's cheaper.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 19 Jul 2012, 9:59 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNbExvU42q4
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 19 Jul 2012, 10:03 pm

Gibson wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNbExvU42q4

Laugh guinness
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 19 Jul 2012, 10:03 pm

Was that a mephedrone reference? 'Cause that stuff is much worse for you than most people think and has the added danger that it's too new for us to really know what it might do in the long term
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Thu 19 Jul 2012, 10:04 pm

rodders wrote:Hi lads, Rory check out Bigger, stronger, faster for a real eye opener into PEDs in sport and the fitness industry... its US based but I'm sure a lot of it applies across the board:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8kExGzZfuM

Really good watch guinness

P.S. Drugs are bad.

Cheers mate, I shall watch it later, gonna go for a leisurely stroll here. thumbsup

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 19 Jul 2012, 10:07 pm

Rory OK guinness
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Thu 19 Jul 2012, 10:09 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:Was that a mephedrone reference? 'Cause that stuff is much worse for you than most people think and has the added danger that it's too new for us to really know what it might do in the long term

That is the drug that is given to heroin addicts by doctors isn't it? Apparently it is just as harmful as heroin, the only reason it is given to heroin addicts is to keep them off the streets basically, keep the crime rate down. Heroin addicts unfortunately are just owned by the drug, and they will often do whatever it takes (stealing money from friends/family is common) to get their next fix. The mephedrone basically gives the addicts a longer, slightly less intense high, meaning they won't need their next fix for longer than heroin would allow. Often the doctors provide the addicts with their own needles etc too.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Thu 19 Jul 2012, 10:09 pm

Now I'm off! Laugh

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 19 Jul 2012, 10:10 pm

No that's methadone!
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 19 Jul 2012, 10:11 pm

Despite their names they are completely different drugs
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 19 Jul 2012, 10:18 pm

Methodists on drugs? Man, religion cant be trusted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP8nGNbk7oQ
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 19 Jul 2012, 10:18 pm

"...the methadone metronome..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NB7YbvDwM8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

That's poetry that is.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 19 Jul 2012, 10:20 pm

Gibson! A tin foil cod piece! Laugh
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 19 Jul 2012, 10:30 pm

Glas a du wrote:"...the methadone metronome..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NB7YbvDwM8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

That's poetry that is.

See, this is why I love you Glas. From the very 1st post. Tis poetry.

P.S. Dont tell the kids. They have it all worked out roysh. Well clued in on legal sugar-drinks an ting. OK Ale

My hero. Long before his time. Its just words. Its the people who have the problem. It aint de drug its the morons. Is that a song?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9856_xv8gc

Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 19 Jul 2012, 10:36 pm

thumbsup Gibbo. Nite y'all.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 19 Jul 2012, 10:39 pm

Nite butt.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Thu 19 Jul 2012, 10:43 pm

Scored a massive 3 points out of 40 in tonight's pub quiz

Wounded
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 19 Jul 2012, 10:50 pm

Driver - RIP 606 wrote:Scored a massive 3 points out of 40 in tonight's pub quiz

Wounded

Driver, look at it this way bud, the man asking the questions, was an idiot. They didnt suit ya. Believe guinness
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Thu 19 Jul 2012, 11:01 pm

Love it Gibson!

Calling our team big test icicles didn't help out cause....
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 19 Jul 2012, 11:09 pm

Driver, we never really talked. What's yer story man?

Who did you support? Where were you born and why? Was yer grannie a wrestler? That kinda ting. We're in de Snug, so its cool. guinness
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 19 Jul 2012, 11:14 pm

De Snug?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 19 Jul 2012, 11:17 pm

Evening folks

Any Whisky on the go, for medicinal purposes like.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 19 Jul 2012, 11:18 pm

CJ,
De Snug goes back 3/4 years in this Pub since I set it up on BBC 606. It's a Cone of Silence, where people tell their sins.. and sheet. guinness

Seriously, you dont know what a Snug is?

Ask yer Da.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 19 Jul 2012, 11:20 pm

Bronson on film 4.

The Dark knight rises out tomorrow. Feel like a kid again with excitement Very Happy
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 19 Jul 2012, 11:20 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:Evening folks

Any Whisky on the go, for medicinal purposes like.

Midletons Very Very Rare for our Ozzy, barwench. Actually, just leave the bottle. Whisky

All roysh bud? Hard day at the orafice?
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 19 Jul 2012, 11:21 pm

Ah ok. Showing my lack of age there! I've got a nice Ardberg, Pete, just sipping it while I specifically don't do the work I should be watching the end of Mr and Mrs Smith with the lady
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 19 Jul 2012, 11:22 pm

All about Orange Wednesday for the Dark Knight Rises. God bless Nolan for refusing to put it in 3D too
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 19 Jul 2012, 11:22 pm

I've been off sick Gibbo, busted my shoulder. Doc has given me medication but I reckon some of the 'proper' stuff will fix me up a treat.

How's tings in de dam, you got a job yet or you still living a life of leisure?
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Thu 19 Jul 2012, 11:23 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:No that's methadone!

Doh

I really am an idiot 99% of the time. Laugh

Which is the one you were talking about?

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 19 Jul 2012, 11:24 pm

Arbeg. The man has class already.

So, CJ, are you Bradley Pit and she's Angelina Jolly? I getcha.

Man, I miss those TV games.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Thu 19 Jul 2012, 11:24 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:I've been off sick Gibbo, busted my shoulder. Doc has given me medication but I reckon some of the 'proper' stuff will fix me up a treat.

How's tings in de dam, you got a job yet or you still living a life of leisure?

Shoulder not improving Ozzy?

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next