The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brook vs Khan

+9
Baby faced assassin
Herman Jaeger
TRUSSMAN66
Guest82
RanjitPatel
AdamT
TopHat24/7
BoxingFan88
EX7EY
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Brook vs Khan - Page 2 Empty Brook vs Khan

Post by EX7EY Mon 12 Sep 2016, 11:13 am

First topic message reminder :

Does anybody care for this one anymore and has anybodies opinion changed on the outcome of the fight? If it gets made is at WW or LM?

Personally I can't give Khan a chance anymore. To win he'd have to outbox brook for 12 rounds and I can't see it. Think if Brook catches Khan with an uppercut like he got to GGG with it's the last punch Khan takes in his career.

Not sure I want to see it anymore. The fight is still ripe for Eddies target audience though and I think it would do huge numbers PPV numbers.

Are we likely to see it? And if so when will it happen? For me it hits last chance saloon summer 2017.

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Brook vs Khan - Page 2 Empty Re: Brook vs Khan

Post by Jermaine2015 Mon 12 Sep 2016, 3:37 pm

Lara's two defeats where robberies. He schooled Williams and got mugged off. He beat Canelo, but Oscar's cheques cleared just in time for the cards up be cooked.

Someone like Brook who struggled with Carson Jones has no business fighting a technical sensation like Lara

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 12 Sep 2016, 3:38 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
AdamT wrote:
Jermaine2015 wrote:Trussman you're delusional. Khan gasses in pretty much every fight. Canelo would've closed the gap the stretch. And the more tired Khan got, the more likely Canelo would've laid him out.

He is winding me up. Don't take him seriously.

If he really believes that wasn't a mismatch, then he has the worst ability to see how a fight plays out in history!

Don't flatter yourself Adam..

I rate Khan and don't think a fighter leading in a six round fight when he's caught is out of his depth.....

People don't want to take me seriously...Bless them....But I can honestly say my opinions on Khan are Boxing related..

Well your judgement of Khan stinks. Everyone I spoke to about that fight, knew Canelo was getting on top. Scorecards at half time mean little really.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 12 Sep 2016, 3:39 pm

Lara struggled badly with Vanes and Angulo

Calling him a technical sensation is a bit of a stretch, he only has a left hand

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 12 Sep 2016, 3:40 pm

Jermaine2015 wrote:Lara's two defeats where robberies. He schooled Williams and got mugged off. He beat Canelo, but Oscar's cheques cleared just in time for the cards up be cooked.

Someone like Brook who struggled with Carson Jones has no business fighting a technical sensation like Lara

Pick the worse fight of a guy you don't like.........You're just like Haz...bless him..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 12 Sep 2016, 3:41 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Jermaine2015 wrote:Lara's two defeats where robberies. He schooled Williams and got mugged off. He beat Canelo, but Oscar's cheques cleared just in time for the cards up be cooked.

Pick the worse fight of a guy you don't like.........You're just like Haz...bless him..

We all do the same?

You hold the Hearns fight against Duran.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Mon 12 Sep 2016, 3:44 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:Lara struggled badly with Vanes and Angulo

Calling him a technical sensation is a bit of a stretch, he only has a left hand
Struggled with Angulo that he made him quit? And he sorted Vanes out in their rematch.

For my money Lara is 27-0...

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Mon 12 Sep 2016, 3:45 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Brook's worst fight against an absolute journeyman...

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 12 Sep 2016, 3:45 pm

Duran is number 11 alltime in my list....Adam

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 12 Sep 2016, 3:48 pm

You rate Khan, I definitely don't. We will leave it there.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 12 Sep 2016, 3:49 pm

AdamT wrote:You rate Khan, I definitely don't. We will leave it there.

You promise ?? Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 12 Sep 2016, 3:49 pm

Aye until the next time he is mentioned kiss

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 12 Sep 2016, 3:50 pm

Jermaine2015 wrote:

Struggled with Angulo that he made him quit? And he sorted Vanes out in their rematch.

Did you miss the part of the fight where Angulo dropped him heavily not once but twice?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Mon 12 Sep 2016, 3:53 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
Jermaine2015 wrote:

Did you miss the part of the fight where Angulo dropped him heavily not once but twice?
Did you miss the part when Lara broke Angulo's eye?

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 12 Sep 2016, 3:57 pm

Jermaine2015 wrote:
Jermaine2015 wrote:

Point being what Jermaine? Does that somehow negate the amount that Lara struggled in that fight?

How about the Molina fight, i've not seen many people suggest that Lara won that, in fact the consensus seems to be quite the opposite.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Mon 12 Sep 2016, 4:00 pm

Jermaine2015 wrote:
Jermaine2015 wrote:

Point being what Jermaine? Does that somehow negate the amount that Lara struggled in that fight?

How about the Molina fight, i've not seen many people suggest that Lara won that, in fact the consensus seems to be quite the opposite.
The fight was scheduled for 12 rounds, therefore whatever success Angulo had early doors against Lara, he couldn't sustain it. When Lara turned the fight in his favour, he closed the show. Pretty simple if you as me.

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 12 Sep 2016, 5:05 pm

Hard to see Brook landing much on Lara. But Lara doesn't always make a point of engaging in the whole hitting back business. If Lara is passive and Brook has a fight for Canelo scheduled next, I can certainly see the judges favouring aggression
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2