The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brook vs Khan

+9
Baby faced assassin
Herman Jaeger
TRUSSMAN66
Guest82
RanjitPatel
AdamT
TopHat24/7
BoxingFan88
EX7EY
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Brook vs Khan Empty Brook vs Khan

Post by EX7EY Mon 12 Sep 2016, 11:13 am

Does anybody care for this one anymore and has anybodies opinion changed on the outcome of the fight? If it gets made is at WW or LM?

Personally I can't give Khan a chance anymore. To win he'd have to outbox brook for 12 rounds and I can't see it. Think if Brook catches Khan with an uppercut like he got to GGG with it's the last punch Khan takes in his career.

Not sure I want to see it anymore. The fight is still ripe for Eddies target audience though and I think it would do huge numbers PPV numbers.

Are we likely to see it? And if so when will it happen? For me it hits last chance saloon summer 2017.

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Brook vs Khan Empty Re: Brook vs Khan

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 12 Sep 2016, 11:15 am

Certainly would love to see it, but at what weight as Brook is a 154 guy now I would imagine

The fight sells itself, it would be a huge fight over here and the casual fans would definitely be interested as well

Brook KO's Khan I believe, but Khan could stay away and win a 12 round decision

Great fight and exciting, could sell out Wembley

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 12 Sep 2016, 11:46 am

At 154, Brook walks it. TKO10.

At 147 Khan has a chance at UD as I'm unsure Kell can come back down sustainably.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 12 Sep 2016, 11:51 am

Brook to come from behind and knock him out. Probably round 7 or 8.

Khan won't take it.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Mon 12 Sep 2016, 12:00 pm

Brook wins now and probably any time it was mooted. Needed to happen last summer. It would still sell but there's a bigger fight in Canelo now for Brook. Brook has gone ahead of Khan as a bigger star now for me.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Mon 12 Sep 2016, 12:02 pm

I know that doesn't sound like much sense seeing as Khan just lost to Canelo and Brook is yet to fight Canelo. No one give Khan a prayer against Canelo whereas Brook would have a great chance. Think Brook has more public support than Khan too. I don't fancy it but people would probably pay just to see Brook knock Khan out.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest82 Mon 12 Sep 2016, 12:04 pm

Brook would have won back then and would definitely win now. I expect Khan to be ahead on points before Brook stops him.

I am interested to see it and it would sell massively.

One thing we learned from this weekend was that Brook has a pretty granite chin. He'd walk through Khans punches if needs be.

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 12 Sep 2016, 12:05 pm

Canelo v Brook comes first

But Khan for me....Brook in 3 wars now (It was a war for him Sat anyway)and saddled with an eye that is too much of a mouth watering target for Khan's quicker jab....

Brook may retire..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 12 Sep 2016, 12:13 pm

Khan has been in a couple wars himself. Maidana and the pasting he took of Garcia.

Khan has the speed and jab, but unfortunately Brook has everything else.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by EX7EY Mon 12 Sep 2016, 12:26 pm

I don't think Brook's anywhere near close to feeling the effects of wars personally. I think Ingle pulled him out at the right time on Saturday in terms of protecting him for future fights. The swelling to me looked absolutely minimal for the type of injury he sustained and his prognosis is a full recovery.

I actually think this is where Brook's career really takes off now. I think Brook vs Canelo would be a great fight at 154 and I'd much rather see that than Brook KO Khan.

I like both Brook and Khan but for me Khan is a tier below ELITE and it's been proven more than once. We still don't know what Brook is, but hopefully he kicks on from Saturday and takes only the big fights. He surely can't go back to Jo Jo Dan types now.

One thing we do know is it will take something special to KO brook. people are talking about his confidence but the man came up two weights to take on a genuine knockout artist and took his shots. Yes the fight had to be ended early but IMO honest opinion without the broken orbital Kell could have done something special in the second half of that fight.

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 12 Sep 2016, 12:32 pm

Brook is a better fighter than Khan.

Everyone Khan has beat, Brook would too. I can't imagine Garcia or Peterson giving Brook any trouble.

The only man Khan has shared a ring with that might beat Brook, is Canelo!

I would like to see that fight.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 12 Sep 2016, 12:48 pm

Brook vs winner Canelo/Smith is the fight now for Brook good money and gets away with fighting mandatory Spence who could beat him. Great fight with either Canelo or Smith if the bone in Brook's eye doesn't shatter early on. Of course sometimes bones can grow back even stronger

The Khan Brook ship has sailed now hopefully Khan can get revenge on Danny Garcia somewhere down the line

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 12 Sep 2016, 1:04 pm

Khan does well against a certain style, but I think Brook's style is all wrong for him

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 12 Sep 2016, 1:35 pm

Easy to forget the mental side..Brook has been in a tough fight and been outclassed which will hit his confidence...He has eye problems....and he'll be 31ish when he comes back..

Won't be the same fighter..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by EX7EY Mon 12 Sep 2016, 1:41 pm

Maybe so Truss, but let's not forget Khan has been pancaked multiple times in his career, brutally as well. Including his last fight which ended with a brutal KO.

Surely if Brook getting outclassed against a guy two weight divisions above him who is also considered to be one of the best P4P then Khans highlight reel of KO's can't be doing him any good either?

Khan is not a big WW and it's pretty clear Kell is mroe of LM right now. I jsut don't see how Khan wins.

This thread has clearly proved there is an appetite for it still though.

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Post by Baby faced assassin Mon 12 Sep 2016, 1:49 pm

Brook has a similar style to canelo imo, both are counterpunchers who move well at the waist. Canelo blocks better but brook has better footwork

While I don't think Brook has the same power as canelo email looked strong at 160 and while he didn't hurt GGG he snapped his head back and flustered him

I rematched khan vs Canelo and while Khan started well the rounds were close and canelo was put boxing khan in the 5th and 6th rounds before he was wiped out

Don't think Brook will have lasting effects, think the damage khan received against Maidana, Diaz and Peterson is greater than that of Brook got against GGG.

Brook by late KO
Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 12 Sep 2016, 1:53 pm

Brook reminds me of Michael Watson..A quality fighter that gets hit too much..

Had a lot of time for Watson....Quality..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Mon 12 Sep 2016, 1:55 pm

Agree with Truss, that we won't know the effect on Kell for a while, but I will say this; once the commendations for his bravery have all been said and we reflect on this and Khan's destruction by Alvarez, we will agree that both fights panned out pretty much as we all though they would when we judged these fights with our heads not our hearts. Miraculous upsets on this scale are the domain of the all time greats, and without meaning to denigrate either Khan or Brook, neither had achieved anything in their previous fights to justify or deserve being thrown into these fights, and furthermore if we except their promoters talk of 'what if's' and 'one punch from greatness' we should also be mindful that in this game you are also only one punch from serious injury or even death, and in both cases here a trip to hospital was always the more likely outcome than boxing immortality. Both suffered the sort of defeat than can limit careers and even pose long terms health concerns pursuing a pipe dream. What makes it even worse is that in each other they already had a opponent that could have provided an achievable, credible win that would have enhanced their reputations and their standing within the sport, instead they choose to try an outdo each other by proxy- by have been badly advised, and the victims of terrible matchmaking- their promoters and managers should be ashamed of themselves.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 12 Sep 2016, 1:58 pm

I really can't see any way for Khan to beat Brook. I know that sounds biased (I am admittedly not his greatest fan), but I think Brook has too much for him.

Khan has a better shot against Garcia, which I think is a 50/50.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 12 Sep 2016, 2:14 pm

I don't think you can really blame Eddy for offering Brook the Gollovkin fight

Brook had previously and publicly stated he fancied the fight, Eddy merely presented him the terms didn't advise him purely down to Brook and his management they always knew they'd pull him out early that was the disappointing part

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep 2016, 2:25 pm

horizontalhero wrote:Agree with Truss,  that we won't know the effect on Kell for a while, but I will say this; once the commendations for his bravery have all been said and we reflect on this and Khan's destruction by Alvarez, we will agree that both fights panned out pretty much as we all though they would when we judged these fights with our heads not our hearts. Miraculous upsets on this scale are the domain of the all time greats, and without meaning to denigrate either Khan or Brook, neither had achieved anything in their previous fights to justify or deserve being thrown into these fights, and furthermore if we except their promoters talk of 'what if's' and 'one punch from greatness' we should also be mindful that in this game you are also only one punch from serious injury or even death, and in both cases here a trip to hospital was always the more likely outcome than boxing immortality. Both suffered the sort of defeat than can limit careers and even pose long terms health concerns pursuing a pipe dream. What makes it even worse is that in each other they already had a opponent that could have provided an achievable, credible win that would have enhanced their reputations and their standing within the sport, instead they choose to try an outdo each other by proxy- by have been badly advised, and the victims of terrible matchmaking- their promoters and managers should be ashamed of themselves.
They're both grown men fully capable of making their own decisions. Neither was under duress to sign on the dotted line. Nor do I believe management and promotion have been instrumental in the pair of them behaving like a pair of dippy squabbling tarts on various social media networks. The fight between them has been mooted and offers made yet one/both decided against it due to stupidity and greed that is little or nothing to do with any managerial/promotional influence.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 12 Sep 2016, 2:35 pm

Brook got Eddie out of a fix....Vargas and Eubank went down the toilet after he boasted he'd get the job done.....

Khan took the risk he'd be in and out and last 12 with his speed....I had him 4-1..

Both went for glory and failed..But at least they tried...

Ambitious yes...Foolish maybe.....Boxing needs more of the former.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 12 Sep 2016, 2:41 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Brook got Eddie out of a fix....Vargas and Eubank went down the toilet after he boasted he'd get the job done.....

Khan took the risk he'd be in and out and last 12 with his speed....I had him 4-1..

Would it of mattered if Khan was 4-1?

Not a dig at you Truss, but no one in the right mind would of though Khan could last 12 with Canelo.

I might put the boot in sometimes, but I have never seen a boxer more overrated by some.

Is Khan good? Yes of course!

Is he fast? Extremely!

Does he have major flaws and far from great? A big Yes!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 12 Sep 2016, 2:47 pm

No one thought Spinks would last six against Holmes...

Canelo is no different to Garcia...If he lands he wins..

Took him 6 to do it and he was 1-4...On most sensible cards..

Hardly a mismatch..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 12 Sep 2016, 2:48 pm

It was a mismatch.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 12 Sep 2016, 2:49 pm

Why ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 12 Sep 2016, 2:49 pm

He was starting to get on top and obviously he was going to win the sixth if the knock out hadn't of came.

Canelo would of won every round after the 5th. Khan is a great 4 or 5 round fighter. He doesn't stick to a plan well, or adapt when required.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Mon 12 Sep 2016, 2:51 pm

Canelo is pencilled in to fight the winner of Rosado/Monroe in December at the full middleweight limit. Why would he bother fighting damaged goods like Brook? Canelo boasts being called the true middleweight champion, therefore whys he gonna stay at 154 and fight for the odd belt?

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 12 Sep 2016, 2:51 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Why ??

Canelo was breaking him down and nearly killed him lol

Why do you think?

Who the hell did Amir beat recently, to suggest he could step up to beat Canelo.

Silly mismatch like the one on Saturday night.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 12 Sep 2016, 2:51 pm

4-1...Bang..

The rest is conjecture..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 12 Sep 2016, 2:52 pm

The knock out speaks for itself.

Only one guy on this board picked him and he is a fan boy.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 12 Sep 2016, 2:53 pm

I don't think Khan was winning the Alvarez fight at all, he produced a few flashy combinations but Canelo was in full control the whole time, he'd been setting him up since the 4th waiting for Khan to paw with the jab then countering over the top. The body work he did in the 3rd and 4th further set it up by slowing Khan down.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 12 Sep 2016, 2:54 pm

Jermaine2015 wrote:Canelo is pencilled in to fight the winner of Rosado/Monroe in December at the full middleweight limit. Why would he bother fighting damaged goods like Brook? Canelo boasts being called the true middleweight champion, therefore whys he gonna stay at 154 and fight for the odd belt?

Why's he fight Liam Smith for the 154lb WBO belt then?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 12 Sep 2016, 2:57 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:I don't think Khan was winning the Alvarez fight at all, he produced a few flashy combinations but Canelo was in full control the whole time, he'd been setting him up since the 4th waiting for Khan to paw with the jab then countering over the top. The body work he did in the 3rd and 4th further set it up by slowing Khan down.

I was watching the same fight as you. Not sure what Truss was watching.

I admit, compared to many on here I have no history knowledge, but I can score a fight half decent. Stevie Wonder could see Canelo was kicking into gear after the first couple of rounds.

Was just Garcia all over again, only Canelo took a couple of rounds more.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 12 Sep 2016, 2:59 pm

AdamT wrote:The knock out speaks for itself.

Only one guy on this board picked him and he is a fan boy.

I picked him to win if he didn't get caught..

So everytime a fighter gets knocked out it speaks for itself..

Guess Barkley wasted his time fighting the useless Hearns as well as Brown against Norris.

Yeah I'm a fan boy...Sorry for not buying into your objective opinion.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep 2016, 2:59 pm

Jermaine2015 wrote:Canelo is pencilled in to fight the winner of Rosado/Monroe in December at the full middleweight limit. Why would he bother fighting damaged goods like Brook? Canelo boasts being called the true middleweight champion, therefore whys he gonna stay at 154 and fight for the odd belt?
Canelo was made to look an utter clown by Mayweather and at time he looked like a knuckle dragging plodder. Brook was also able to make GGG look a little foolish at times. Who's to say Kell wouldn't relish the prospect of facing a guy like that. Canelo's good if he's allowed to dictate things but there was enough on Saturday night to suggest that, at 154, Brook has more than enough to make things interesting

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 12 Sep 2016, 3:00 pm

But Canelo was taking control Truss.

He was finding his range and was breaking Khan down.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Baby faced assassin Mon 12 Sep 2016, 3:02 pm

I think I had it 2-2 with a drawn round before the 6th which Canelo was winning easily prior to the right

Khan may have won 4 but none were easy to win score not like he was dominating Canelo who is a notorious slow starter

Lara and Trout did better over 6 rounds then khan
Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Mon 12 Sep 2016, 3:09 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Canelo was made to look an utter clown by Mayweather and at time he looked like a knuckle dragging plodder. Brook was also able to make GGG look a little foolish at times. Who's to say Kell wouldn't relish the prospect of facing a guy like that. Canelo's good if he's allowed to dictate things but there was enough on Saturday night to suggest that, at 154, Brook has more than enough to make things interesting
The myth that Brook made GGG look bad...behave. GGG had zero respect for Brook and merely went gung-ho to destroy Brook. Look at the fights against Lemieux and Monroe, GGG boxed against them before destroying them.

Brook's 'success' was because GGG allowed it. Nothing more.

Brook gets picked apart at 154. Technical superior boxers like Lara and Andrade box his face off.

Mayweather made everyone look silly. Brook isn't Mayweather, unless beating a living legend Carson Jones make you p4p King...

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Mon 12 Sep 2016, 3:10 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Brook got Eddie out of a fix....Vargas and Eubank went down the toilet after he boasted he'd get the job done.....

And a lot less of the latter. Fighters need protecting from their own egos. Neither team did their fighter any favors by letting them pursue these fights, and if either had been seriously hurt (Beyond the a nasty concussion, and broken bones and possible long term damage arising) they would have had blood on their hands- They have a duty of care to their boxer- a duty that they didn't fulfill if they didn't do all they could to prevent these mismatches, IMHO.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 12 Sep 2016, 3:13 pm

Truss you have gone quiet!

Lets put this one to bed, once and for all.

You picked Khan to win if he wasn't caught with a hail Mary??

Do you believe he was really on top in that 6th round?

And do you believe he would of gone on to win on points, if canelo never had the big punch??

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Mon 12 Sep 2016, 3:13 pm

Baby faced assassin wrote:I think I had it 2-2 with a drawn round before the 6th which Canelo was winning easily prior to the right

Khan may have won 4 but none were easy to win score not like he was dominating Canelo who is a notorious slow starter

Lara and Trout did better over 6 rounds then khan
Lara and trout where robbed. Simple as.

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 12 Sep 2016, 3:17 pm

Conn v Louis was foolish..on paper.....Same rules as Canelo v Khan..

Sometimes you see something you can exploit....and find out you can't...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 12 Sep 2016, 3:19 pm

Canelo was definitely getting on top.

Do you remember Floyd vs Judah?

He also found a way to cope with his opponents speed. Alveraz was winning that fight no matter what.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 12 Sep 2016, 3:21 pm

Generally someone is on top..

1-4 down when you land a hail Mary...Doesn't cry out mismatch.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 12 Sep 2016, 3:22 pm

He was landing to Khan's body and Khan was slowing down.

I didn't have it 4-1 and neither did many more. I had Khan up a round and Canelo was winning the 6th big. Pitter patter punches and stealing rounds wasn't going to work for long.

Complete mismatch. Canelo beats him 100/100 times.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 12 Sep 2016, 3:23 pm

I have took the bait lol

Well done!!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 12 Sep 2016, 3:25 pm

Jermaine2015 wrote:Trussman you're delusional. Khan gasses in pretty much every fight. Canelo would've closed the gap the stretch. And the more tired Khan got, the more likely Canelo would've laid him out.

He is winding me up. Don't take him seriously.

If he really believes that wasn't a mismatch, then he has the worst ability to see how a fight plays out in history!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 12 Sep 2016, 3:30 pm

AdamT wrote:
Jermaine2015 wrote:Trussman you're delusional. Khan gasses in pretty much every fight. Canelo would've closed the gap the stretch. And the more tired Khan got, the more likely Canelo would've laid him out.

He is winding me up. Don't take him seriously.

If he really believes that wasn't a mismatch, then he has the worst ability to see how a fight plays out in history!

Don't flatter yourself Adam..

I rate Khan and don't think a fighter leading in a six round fight when he's caught is out of his depth.....

People don't want to take me seriously...Bless them....But I can honestly say my opinions on Khan are Boxing related..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep 2016, 3:34 pm

Jermaine2015 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
The myth that Brook made GGG look bad...behave. GGG had zero respect for Brook and merely went gung-ho to destroy Brook. Look at the fights against Lemieux and Monroe, GGG boxed against them before destroying them.

Brook's 'success' was because GGG allowed it. Nothing more.

Brook gets picked apart at 154. Technical superior boxers like Lara and Andrade box his face off.

Mayweather made everyone look silly. Brook isn't Mayweather, unless beating a living legend Carson Jones make you p4p King...
So GGG allowed Brook to hit him with hooks and uppercuts, overhand and lead rights for fun? Sounds like you need to sit down and behave. Lara has yet to live up to the expectations I had when he and Rigo came on the scene. He's far too lackadaisical and you never know which version will turn up. I give Brook a great chance against these guys.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next