The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

khan vs Brook

+7
AZZJ44
Hands Of Stone
Hammersmith harrier
milkyboy
spencerclarke
ONETWOFOREVER
AdamT
11 posters

Go down

khan vs Brook Empty khan vs Brook

Post by AdamT Thu 03 Dec 2015, 7:44 pm

Hearn reckons it's on. Khan also says if Manny won't fight him, then he is happy to fight Brook at Wembley in May.

He said he knows he will beat him.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

khan vs Brook Empty Re: khan vs Brook

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 03 Dec 2015, 7:50 pm

Brook is made for Khan.

Could be the fight that puts Khan back on the scene now dearly beloved has retired.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Thu 03 Dec 2015, 7:56 pm

I don't really see Brook as being made for anyone. Not saying khan wouldn't win but I see Brook giving anyone a lot of trouble win lose or draw. I'd favour Brook but wouldn't like to put much money on it.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Dec 2015, 8:01 pm

If the real Khan turns up, see him being a level above brook, who lets face it, has hardly fought anyone top class & is coming off Frankie Gavin & Jo Jo Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 03 Dec 2015, 8:31 pm

Stylistically I always fancied Khan in this, but if Algieri can give him fits, brook can. It's going to be about who controls distance and brook will have to get on the front foot and take some to land some. The strategy for troubling Khan is hardly a secret so it's down to brook looking to force the pace more than is his preference. Don't see why he can't do it though... He's got better footwork and versatility than say Alexander, who tried to box him and got out speeded.

More of a pickem than I thought 12 months ago. Great if it happens.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 03 Dec 2015, 8:43 pm

I've always favoured Brook slightly and I now favour him even more, he for me has more ways to win than Khan who is quite one dimensional and only one of them has a realistic chance of knocking the other out. Brook's timing is the key, he'll start off slowly but once he's judged the distance I see him landing the lead right on an on-rushing Khan more and more.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Hands Of Stone Thu 03 Dec 2015, 8:54 pm

Stylistically Khan has the advantage, but Algieri is a feather fisted lightwelter and he shook khan up a couple times and really ran him close and Brook is better than Algieri in almost every department.

Brook KO coming from behind.

Hands Of Stone

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 03 Dec 2015, 9:09 pm

Does everyone agree that Brook will have to do more then throw a straight right lead every 5 mins????

Apart from that what else can Brook offer Khan?

Khan will jab and move the whole fight.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by AZZJ44 Thu 03 Dec 2015, 9:20 pm

Algieri is better than is given credit for. I've noticed he seen as a bit of a joke in places. Seems talented and up for a fight to me and I was impressed by how easily he changed his style against Khan. Might be a bit of an underrated win.

However, Brook beats Khan inside the distance. Khan's there for the taking and Brook is bound to catch up with him at some point. If Khan had Algiers's chin I'd give him half a chance.

AZZJ44

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 03 Dec 2015, 10:15 pm

I think his yo-yo impression against manny and more likely his trainer's comments during the fight have probably given him comic value.

I don't think he's a bad fighter, but if you have aspirations to be top dog, you'd like to think you'd have his number.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hands Of Stone Thu 03 Dec 2015, 10:19 pm

But her's not an aggressive fighter and not a big puncher and he had khan shaken up

Hands Of Stone

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Thu 03 Dec 2015, 11:01 pm

Algieri is not as feather fisted as some think. His preferred style doesn't lend itself to generating power. However adapting and using a different style against khan allowed him to have a bit of pop.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 04 Dec 2015, 7:06 am

Algieri is a former world champion for what that's worth. I thought the Algieri fight was close with a lot of rounds that went to the A-side. Certainly wouldn't mind a rematch because their styles mesh really well for a decent night's entertainment.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 04 Dec 2015, 8:42 am

Algieri was a world champion, but come on! Khan made hard work with him. Manny made him look like nothing.

It's just my opinion, but Khan should be thankful he isn't fighting Manny. I think Manny would stop him for sure.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 04 Dec 2015, 10:07 am

milkyboy wrote:I think his yo-yo impression against manny and more likely his trainer's comments during the fight have probably given him comic value.

I don't think he's a bad fighter, but if you have aspirations to be top dog, you'd like to think you'd have his number.

Was that where the trainer was just on the mic saying how they had Manny just where they wanted him..........an Algieri got ko'd??!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 04 Dec 2015, 10:09 am

AdamT wrote:Algieri was a world champion, but come on! Khan made hard work with him. Manny made him look like nothing.

It's just my opinion, but Khan should be thankful he isn't fighting Manny. I think Manny would stop him for sure.

Timing, power, speed to match Khan, quick & better footwork and a better chin.......can't see how Khan could ever win!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 04 Dec 2015, 10:11 am

Agreed Tophat. Khan definitely would have a better chance against Mayweather. (Still pick him to lose)

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 04 Dec 2015, 10:35 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
milkyboy wrote:I think his yo-yo impression against manny and more likely his trainer's comments during the fight have probably given him comic value.

Was that where the trainer was just on the mic saying how they had Manny just where they wanted him..........an Algieri got ko'd??!

His comments in the corner were gold.. 'We're right where we wanted to be' or words to that effect, but his mid fight interview displayed a level of comic timing that had to be witnessed to be appreciated...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=60s_APrcyxA

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 04 Dec 2015, 6:06 pm

If algieri fought aggressively against pacquiaio he would have got annihilated

Pacquiaio has trouble with aggressive counter punchers if khan thinks he is going to dance for 12 rounds he is in for a big surprise

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down