The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan- Brook isn't a big enough name...

+15
catchweight
BoxingFan88
RanjitPatel
mobilemaster8
ONETWOFOREVER
milkyboy
Marky
quentins_monkey
AdamT
Pedro147
Hammersmith harrier
Derbymanc
Lance
TRUSSMAN66
themadworldofjb
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Khan- Brook isn't a big enough name... - Page 2 Empty Khan- Brook isn't a big enough name...

Post by themadworldofjb Wed 11 May 2016, 11:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

So, Amir Khan. Always been a fighter that provokes much debate amongst British fight fans. Personally, think he's a great fighter who has a highly inflated sense of self worth. Can't help but feel he has wasted the best years of his career chasing Mayweather and Pac. He should have been fighting putting his name in the shop window and not his mouth.

To the topic at hand. I have to give Amir credit for fighting Canelo. He seemed to be doing well until the KO. Shades of Graham-Jackson to me. However, straight after he poured water on any fight with Brook, citing the reason of "he's not a big enough name".

What a load of horses***! Kell is a huge name over here, especially after what he had to go through with the stabbing. Plus his stock amongst the boxing world is getting bigger and bigger with each fight. Rated in P4P Top 10 with both The Ring (#10) and BoxRec (#8) and at his weight is ranked #1 with the Ring and #2 with BoxRec. So it's fair to say he is thought highly of.

Khan needs to go back to WW, take a tune up to get used to the weight and then fight Brook early next year. It's the biggest fight out there for him.
themadworldofjb
themadworldofjb

Back to top Go down

Khan- Brook isn't a big enough name... - Page 2 Empty Re: Khan- Brook isn't a big enough name...

Post by AdamT Mon 16 May 2016, 12:57 pm

Mr Bounce wrote:
AdamT wrote:Thurman is up there.

Yes he is. I think that with Thurman, Brook, Spence, Porter, and to a lesser extent Bradley & Garcia, welter is still looking half decent. Some great potential fights there. thumbsup

Add Khan to the list. I might criticise him, but he is still a good fighter.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Khan- Brook isn't a big enough name... - Page 2 Empty Re: Khan- Brook isn't a big enough name...

Post by Guest Tue 02 Aug 2016, 5:07 pm

I read now that Khan believes the Brook fight can happen...coincidentally (or not, depending on your levels of cynicism) after Bob Arum came out and said that Khan doesn't feature in any of his plans whatsoever as he's a busted flush in the US and will not be in the frame to fight Manny should he return to the ring.

Asked if he thought Brook could beat GG Khan said "Of course he can...well, no he can't!"

Brook has responded by saying that Khan is worse than a Kardashian (I'm assuming that will be some kind of withering insult, I know little about the K's other than, to a man, they all appear to be an absolute f*cking waste of DNA).

No doubt, win, lose or draw against GGG, Khan will pipe up and say that he's still the "name" and the one who draws the crowds. He's also now claiming that for the last 13 years, count 'em...THIRTEEN... he's been fighting with a broken hand but that, at the tail end of his career, he's now got it fixed. Says he couldn't afford to take six months out for an op but ironically spent about a year ****ing around chasing Floyd and Manny, neither of whom were famous for contracts stipulating that they'd be fighting within a fortnight of signing them.

Seems to me he had plenty of time to get this problem sorted and I'd ask why Frank Warren wasn't aware his cash cow had a badly broken had before he signed him to a lucrative multi fight deal.

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 03 Aug 2016, 1:24 pm

Is this before or after Khan becomes UFC champion??

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Aug 2016, 1:25 pm

AdamT wrote:Is this before or after Khan becomes UFC champion??
Think he has to win at WrestleMania first

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 03 Aug 2016, 1:35 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

lol vs Hulk Hogan

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Aug 2016, 1:43 pm

AdamT wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

lol vs Hulk Hogan
Would make sense for Khan to get flattened by another drugs' cheat

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 03 Aug 2016, 1:49 pm

Kahn would be up 6 rounds before the inevitable leg drop.

Nobody out wrestles Khan!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 03 Aug 2016, 2:05 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
AdamT wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

lol vs Hulk Hogan

Which drug cheat flattened him? Prescott??

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Aug 2016, 2:59 pm

AdamT wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
AdamT wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

lol vs Hulk Hogan

Which drug cheat flattened him? Prescott??
Lamont Pederson...could also argue that Garcia must be using as he has an extra f*cking toe. If that's not proof he's on growth hormones then nothing is

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2