The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ireland v Wales, 29 August

+55
Pete330v2
BigTrevsbigmac
No9
TightHEAD
nathan
Cardiff Dave
R!skysports
Duty281
wrfc1980
stub
englandglory4ever
glamorganalun
theslosty
eirebilly
LondonTiger
asoreleftshoulder
overlordofthewest
majesticimperialman
Rory_Gallagher
marty2086
yappysnap
ceilliau_chwyslyd
The Great Aukster
Don Alfonso
Gwlad
BamBam
GavinDragon
wales606
Pot Hale
Shifty
SecretFly
wayne
the-goon
maestegmafia
profitius
FecklessRogue
irnbrew
kunu
Notch
fa0019
Seagultaf
LordDowlais
mikey_dragon
bedfordwelsh
Jhamer25
thebandwagonsociety
Mickado
jimbopip
Luckless Pedestrian
Marshes
munkian
PhilBB
Golden
Sin é
George Carlin
59 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Ireland v Wales, 29 August - Page 10 Empty Ireland v Wales, 29 August

Post by George Carlin Mon 24 Aug 2015, 6:55 am

First topic message reminder :

Ireland v Wales, 29 August - Page 10 Irelan10 Ireland v Wales, 29 August - Page 10 Wales_10
IRELAND v WALES
29 August 2015
KO: 14:30 local
Aviva Stadium, Dublin

Live on Sky Sports 1/RTÉ Radio 1/IRFU Live Blog/highlights RTÉ Two (8pm

Referee: Craig Joubert (South Africa)
Assistant Referees: Wayne Barnes, Luke Pearce (both England)
TMO: Graham Hughes (England)

A. Head to Head

122 Played 122
50 Won 66
6 Drawn 6
66 Lost 50
1,355 Points 1,445

B. Recent Form

8 August 2015
Millennium Stadium, Cardiff
21 – 35 to Ireland

14 March 2015
23 – 16 to Wales

8 February 2014
Aviva Stadium, Dublin
26 – 3 to Ireland

2 February 2013
22 – 30 to Ireland

5 February 2012
Aviva Stadium, Dublin
21 – 23 to Wales

8 October 2011
Regional Stadium, Wellington, New Zealand
22 – 10 to Wales

12 March 2011
19 – 13 to Wales

C. Teams

IRELAND
Ireland v Wales, 29 August - Page 10 Caitri10
Rob Kearney (Leinster), Dave Kearney (Leinster), Luke Fitzgerald (Leinster), Robbie Henshaw (Connacht), Keith Earls (Munster), Johnny Sexton (Leinster), Conor Murray (Munster), Jack McGrath (Leinster), Richardt Strauss (Leinster), Nathan White (Connacht), Iain Henderson (Ulster), Paul O'Connell (Toulon, CAPT), Peter O'Mahony (Munster), Jordi Murphy (Leinster), Jamie Heaslip (Leinster)

Replacements: Sean Cronin (Leinster), Dave Kilcoyne (Munster), Tadhg Furlong (Leinster), Donnacha Ryan (Munster), Sean O'Brien (Leinster), Eoin Reddan (Leinster), Paddy Jackson (Ulster), Felix Jones (Munster)

WALES
Ireland v Wales, 29 August - Page 10 Kather10
Leigh Halfpenny (Toulon), Alex Cuthbert (Cardiff Blues), Scott Williams (Scarlets), Jamie Roberts (Harlequins), George North (Northampton Saints), Dan Biggar (Ospreys), Rhys Webb (Ospreys), Gethin Jenkins (Cardiff Blues), Ken Owens (Scarlets), Tomas Francis (Exeter Chiefs), Bradley Davies (Wasps), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys, CAPT), Dan Lydiate (Ospreys), Justin Tipuric (Ospreys), Taulupe Faletau (Newport Gwent Dragons)

Replacements: Scott Baldwin (Ospreys), Paul James (Ospreys), Aaron Jarvis (Ospreys), Luke Charteris (Racing Metro), James King (Ospreys), Gareth Davies (Scarlets), Rhys Priestland (Scarlets), Hallam Amos (Newport Gwent Dragons).

Last edited by George Carlin on Thu 27 Aug 2015, 12:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ireland v Wales, 29 August - Page 10 Empty Re: Ireland v Wales, 29 August

Post by GunsGerms Mon 31 Aug 2015, 1:04 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Nope not a sore winner, not a sore anything, did not care about the result, I really enjoyed the game, it was very bruising and captivating.

What I am fed up with is, the self righteous attitudes of some of our Irish members on here.

Vivre la difference. In Wales you like to shave your legs, wear fake tan and wear pink cowboy hats, we like to respect the kickers. Every nations fans brings something different.

That is why we love the six nations, no need to get your knickers in a twist.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Mon 31 Aug 2015, 1:25 pm

Munchkin wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Irish whingers, first Barnes and now Joubert? Maybe it's just you lot and not the officials... What I will add though is that I think Joubert is a poor referee. His interpretations a lot of the time seem wholly made up right on the spot. Wales have unfortunately been on the receiving end a lot of the time in the past, yet we will still be seeing him referee our pool game against Australia. I think that one is a definite loss before it's kicked off!

Joubert hates Ireland more than he hates Wales.

Barnes hates Ireland. Loves Wales.

These are undeniable facts...

Not strictly true there Munchkin.
Ireland's last four games under Joubert have been 2 wins and 2 losses - coincidentally the same as Wales.
The last six games with Barnes as a referee for Ireland are 4 losses and 2 wins, while his last five for Wales are 4 losses and only 1 win.

So games with Barnes in charge suits neither Ireland nor Wales. Considering these are two teams who recently have been winning more than losing yet with Barnes as a referee that doesn't seem to be the case.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 31 Aug 2015, 1:26 pm

marty2086 wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Irish whingers, first Barnes and now Joubert? Maybe it's just you lot and not the officials... What I will add though is that I think Joubert is a poor referee. His interpretations a lot of the time seem wholly made up right on the spot. Wales have unfortunately been on the receiving end a lot of the time in the past, yet we will still be seeing him referee our pool game against Australia. I think that one is a definite loss before it's kicked off!

This is the problem, with Wales dominance at the breakdown it happened to be that they benefitted from them on this occasion but I think its down to poor positioning with Joubert as he missed a lot and got in the way of play a number of times too

Maybe we're used to him then. We seem to have him every time we play Australia and in my mind he has no doubt influenced the result in some of those games. I don't tend to notice his calls as much when it's NH vs NH because his bad interpretations seem to go against both sides as opposed to just one (usually the NH team when playing against the SH). Maybe Ireland should rethink their breakdown tactics. I doubt they will as it brings them success more often than not. Tips was good; that was actually a fair turnover on O'Brien just on our try line, but then he fell into touch. TMO called it as a knock-on (not Joubert).

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 31 Aug 2015, 1:30 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:Nope not a sore winner, not a sore anything, did not care about the result, I really enjoyed the game, it was very bruising and captivating.

What I am fed up with is, the self righteous attitudes of some of our Irish members on here.

Vivre la difference. In Wales you like to shave your legs, wear fake tan and wear pink cowboy hats, we like to respect the kickers. Every nations fans brings something different.

That is why we love the six nations, no need to get your knickers in a twist.

Good joke. How about also respecting the ref rather than boo him when a he makes fair and accurate calls. Booing because Cronin was clearly held up... Pathetic.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Mon 31 Aug 2015, 1:33 pm

Munchkin wrote:

Are you confusing facts with opinions again Dougal ?
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Aug 2015, 1:33 pm

The Great Aukster wrote:
Munchkin wrote:

Not strictly true there Munchkin.
Ireland's last four games under Joubert have been 2 wins and 2 losses - coincidentally the same as Wales.
The last six games with Barnes as a referee for Ireland are 4 losses and 2 wins, while his last five for Wales are 4 losses and only 1 win.

So games with Barnes in charge suits neither Ireland nor Wales. Considering these are two teams who recently have been winning more than losing yet with Barnes as a referee that doesn't seem to be the case.

I wasn't being serious Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Aug 2015, 1:34 pm

munkian wrote:
Munchkin wrote:

Are you confusing facts with opinions again Dougal ?

laughing

Last edited by Munchkin on Mon 31 Aug 2015, 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 31 Aug 2015, 1:34 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

This is the problem, with Wales dominance at the breakdown it happened to be that they benefitted from them on this occasion but I think its down to poor positioning with Joubert as he missed a lot and got in the way of play a number of times too

Maybe we're used to him then. We seem to have him every time we play Australia and in my mind he has no doubt influenced the result in some of those games. I don't tend to notice his calls as much when it's NH vs NH because his bad interpretations seem to go against both sides as opposed to just one (usually the NH team when playing against the SH). Maybe Ireland should rethink their breakdown tactics. I doubt they will as it brings them success more often than not. Tips was good; that was actually a fair turnover on O'Brien just on our try line, but then he fell into touch. TMO called it as a knock-on (not Joubert).

And that was Wayne Barnes who called that Rolling Eyes

Sure the TMO called knock on Ireland even though Tipuric clearly ripped it out though Joubert called a good turnover even though Tipuric was on his knee and missed Fitzgerald holding POC up at the breakdown. He also penalised Ireland for going over the ball even though, I think it was Murphy, was on the ball for an age then the Welsh backrow eventually pulled him off

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 31 Aug 2015, 1:46 pm

The psychology of warm up games is quite simple. If you win you're looking cohesive and gaining momentum. If you lose they don't matter as it's not the real deal as that starts in a couple of weeks and some fans will bring out the "we lost 36 0 in a group game once and still got to the final" For Wales Saturday's win was vital as for the rest of you, whatever makes you feel better. Delusion is a comfortable place for a while

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon 31 Aug 2015, 1:49 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:

Good joke. How about also respecting the ref rather than boo him when a he makes fair and accurate calls. Booing because Cronin was clearly held up... Pathetic.

Thanks. You cant be that sensitive surely. Wales fans dont boo refs? You sure?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 31 Aug 2015, 1:49 pm

RubyGuby wrote:Delusion is a comfortable place for a while

You'd know a thing or two about that Ruby!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 31 Aug 2015, 1:50 pm

The psychology of warm up games is quite simple. If you win you're looking cohesive and gaining momentum. If you lose they don't matter as it's not the real deal as that starts in a couple of weeks and some fans will bring out the "we lost 36 0 in a group game once and still got to the final" For Wales Saturday's win was vital as for the rest of you, whatever makes you feel better. Delusion is a comfortable place for a while

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 31 Aug 2015, 1:59 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

Thanks. You cant be that sensitive surely. Wales fans dont boo refs? You sure?

I wasn't saying Wales fans don't boo refs. But why would you boo a ref when it is clear and obvious that Cronin was held up? Very Happy

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon 31 Aug 2015, 2:14 pm

Im sure it wasnt clear if you were in the stands. 9 times out of 10 when you cross the line with such momentum it ends up in a try.

Wales won by a whisker in the end but it isnt the end of the world. I think this loss should be a valuable experience for Ireland.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 31 Aug 2015, 2:35 pm

thumbsup Yahoo
Notch wrote:
RubyGuby wrote:Delusion is a comfortable place for a while

You'd know a thing or two about that Ruby!

angel

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 31 Aug 2015, 8:37 pm

The IRFU should absolutely demand that Owens refs all Irish WC games. If it doesn't happen, there could be a very serious international incident between our two Nations. After all, he's virtually the only Welsh human being that loves us without conditions attached... (can't speak for the sheep, they have minds of their own).
But he'd be an essential ingredient in keeping our two war-loving Nations at the round table Pro12 Peace negotiating talks. Anything else and it's..................... well, it's war in Europe again.......

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 31 Aug 2015, 8:43 pm

SecretFly wrote:The IRFU should absolutely demand that Owens refs all Irish WC games.  If it doesn't happen, there could be a very serious international incident between our two Nations.  After all, he's virtually the only Welsh human being that loves us without conditions attached... (can't speak for the sheep, they have minds of their own).
But he'd be an essential ingredient in keeping our two war-loving Nations at the round table Pro12 Peace negotiating talks.   Anything else and it's..................... well, it's war in Europe again.......

thumbsup I blame Gatland for the tensions between us, what the feck went on when he was over there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 31 Aug 2015, 8:49 pm

RubyGuby wrote:
SecretFly wrote:The IRFU should absolutely demand that Owens refs all Irish WC games.  If it doesn't happen, there could be a very serious international incident between our two Nations.  After all, he's virtually the only Welsh human being that loves us without conditions attached... (can't speak for the sheep, they have minds of their own).
But he'd be an essential ingredient in keeping our two war-loving Nations at the round table Pro12 Peace negotiating talks.   Anything else and it's..................... well, it's war in Europe again.......

thumbsup I blame Gatland for the tensions between us, what the feck went on when he was over there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't have the hard drive space to do even a first chapter on that one, Ruby Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 31 Aug 2015, 9:02 pm

Hopefully we can go on from this game and win the world cup. Only New Zealand can stop us now Wales

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Aug 2015, 9:12 pm

Steffan wrote:Hopefully we can go on from this game and win the world cup. Only New Zealand can stop us now Wales

And Fiji. Don't forget Fiji.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 31 Aug 2015, 9:16 pm

Griff wrote:
Steffan wrote:Hopefully we can go on from this game and win the world cup. Only New Zealand can stop us now Wales

We will beat Fiji no problems

Cricket score in that match I reckon

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon 31 Aug 2015, 9:17 pm

Griff wrote:

Well we will either lose 3 groups games or win the whole thing Rolling Eyes
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Aug 2015, 9:21 pm

Steffan wrote:
Griff wrote:

We will beat Fiji no problems

Cricket score in that match I reckon

As long as the players don't approach the game thinking that, then I'll be happy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Wed 02 Sep 2015, 9:43 am

I don't see Wales and Ireland having any tensions the only problem is Wales are a decent team and Ireland are having their golden age and were butting heads a lot as the best 2 countries in Europe. Truth be told both countries going at it hammer and tongs is good because it's whats keeping us strong. Wales and Ireland is an equal game, I think Irelands only 2 losses in their last 14 games have been against Wales. I would like some kind of gentlemans agreement though so we take it turns to win the grand slam kiss
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10