The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ireland v Wales, 29 August

+55
Pete330v2
BigTrevsbigmac
No9
TightHEAD
nathan
Cardiff Dave
R!skysports
Duty281
wrfc1980
stub
englandglory4ever
glamorganalun
theslosty
eirebilly
LondonTiger
asoreleftshoulder
overlordofthewest
majesticimperialman
Rory_Gallagher
marty2086
yappysnap
ceilliau_chwyslyd
The Great Aukster
Don Alfonso
Gwlad
BamBam
GavinDragon
wales606
Pot Hale
Shifty
SecretFly
wayne
the-goon
maestegmafia
profitius
FecklessRogue
irnbrew
kunu
Notch
fa0019
Seagultaf
LordDowlais
mikey_dragon
bedfordwelsh
Jhamer25
thebandwagonsociety
Mickado
jimbopip
Luckless Pedestrian
Marshes
munkian
PhilBB
Golden
Sin é
George Carlin
59 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Ireland v Wales, 29 August - Page 8 Empty Ireland v Wales, 29 August

Post by George Carlin Mon 24 Aug 2015, 6:55 am

First topic message reminder :

Ireland v Wales, 29 August - Page 8 Irelan10 Ireland v Wales, 29 August - Page 8 Wales_10
IRELAND v WALES
29 August 2015
KO: 14:30 local
Aviva Stadium, Dublin

Live on Sky Sports 1/RTÉ Radio 1/IRFU Live Blog/highlights RTÉ Two (8pm

Referee: Craig Joubert (South Africa)
Assistant Referees: Wayne Barnes, Luke Pearce (both England)
TMO: Graham Hughes (England)

A. Head to Head

122 Played 122
50 Won 66
6 Drawn 6
66 Lost 50
1,355 Points 1,445

B. Recent Form

8 August 2015
Millennium Stadium, Cardiff
21 – 35 to Ireland

14 March 2015
23 – 16 to Wales

8 February 2014
Aviva Stadium, Dublin
26 – 3 to Ireland

2 February 2013
22 – 30 to Ireland

5 February 2012
Aviva Stadium, Dublin
21 – 23 to Wales

8 October 2011
Regional Stadium, Wellington, New Zealand
22 – 10 to Wales

12 March 2011
19 – 13 to Wales

C. Teams

IRELAND
Ireland v Wales, 29 August - Page 8 Caitri10
Rob Kearney (Leinster), Dave Kearney (Leinster), Luke Fitzgerald (Leinster), Robbie Henshaw (Connacht), Keith Earls (Munster), Johnny Sexton (Leinster), Conor Murray (Munster), Jack McGrath (Leinster), Richardt Strauss (Leinster), Nathan White (Connacht), Iain Henderson (Ulster), Paul O'Connell (Toulon, CAPT), Peter O'Mahony (Munster), Jordi Murphy (Leinster), Jamie Heaslip (Leinster)

Replacements: Sean Cronin (Leinster), Dave Kilcoyne (Munster), Tadhg Furlong (Leinster), Donnacha Ryan (Munster), Sean O'Brien (Leinster), Eoin Reddan (Leinster), Paddy Jackson (Ulster), Felix Jones (Munster)

WALES
Ireland v Wales, 29 August - Page 8 Kather10
Leigh Halfpenny (Toulon), Alex Cuthbert (Cardiff Blues), Scott Williams (Scarlets), Jamie Roberts (Harlequins), George North (Northampton Saints), Dan Biggar (Ospreys), Rhys Webb (Ospreys), Gethin Jenkins (Cardiff Blues), Ken Owens (Scarlets), Tomas Francis (Exeter Chiefs), Bradley Davies (Wasps), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys, CAPT), Dan Lydiate (Ospreys), Justin Tipuric (Ospreys), Taulupe Faletau (Newport Gwent Dragons)

Replacements: Scott Baldwin (Ospreys), Paul James (Ospreys), Aaron Jarvis (Ospreys), Luke Charteris (Racing Metro), James King (Ospreys), Gareth Davies (Scarlets), Rhys Priestland (Scarlets), Hallam Amos (Newport Gwent Dragons).

Last edited by George Carlin on Thu 27 Aug 2015, 12:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ireland v Wales, 29 August - Page 8 Empty Re: Ireland v Wales, 29 August

Post by Duty281 Sat 29 Aug 2015, 8:29 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:Remember - that Irish team only had about seven players of the first team starting today. Wales had their starting team pretty much, with the exception of Bradley Davies and possibly Alex Cuthbert. So it would make sense that Wales looked the better team.

Also, Ireland beat England in the last game, so I would say you have plenty to worry about. OK

Just wanted to be clear - I am talking about if we meet in the World Cup, not the warm up match.

Would be a great game if England-Ireland met in the World Cup.

I'm thinking it might be fate, though, if France were to top Pool D and England were to top Pool A - France and England might then meet in the semi-finals on the 25th October (600 years exactly since the Battle of Agincourt).

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 29 Aug 2015, 8:29 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:Remember - that Irish team only had about seven players of the first team starting today. Wales had their starting team pretty much, with the exception of Bradley Davies and possibly Alex Cuthbert. So it would make sense that Wales looked the better team.

Also, Ireland beat England in the last game, so I would say you have plenty to worry about. OK

Just wanted to be clear - I am talking about if we meet in the World Cup, not the warm up match.

But if we meet in the WC you won't have home advantage Wink
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sat 29 Aug 2015, 8:31 pm

Duty281 wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Did I say 'no pressure'? No, I did not.

Please don't make things up, it doesn't add to the discussion.

The RFU will give him time?

They've given him 4 years and now time is up…time to produce some results.

Well, barring a calamity (which, I imagine, would be an exit in the group stage), they will give him time.

He has a contract until 2020, I believe.

Come on Duty dont be solo naive, you don't think that there isn't a clause that says unless he gets to a semi final then he is out, i am pretty sure he is out unless he does he will be. Johnson had good sense enough to quit, can't believe Lancaster will be any different. He has had very very limited success in the last 4 years! It is just unacceptable that England don't produce a result of some kind or are they building for 2019?

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 29 Aug 2015, 8:34 pm

Gwlad wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Gwlad wrote:

Well, barring a calamity (which, I imagine, would be an exit in the group stage), they will give him time.

Come on Duty dont be solo naive, you don't think that there isn't a clause that says unless he gets to a semi final then he is out, i am pretty sure he is out unless he does he will be. Johnson had good sense enough to quit, can't believe Lancaster will be any different. He has had very very limited success in the last 4 years! It is just unacceptable that England don't produce a result of some kind or are they building for 2019?

I think Lancaster is building for 2019. England will have done well if they make the final, this year, a semi-final would be par.

If England went out in the Quarters, it would probably depend on the strength of the opposition as to whether Lancaster went or not.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 29 Aug 2015, 8:35 pm

Well it seems I've been wrong about Tips if today is anything to go by. Try and MOTM. At least we don't have to worry about losing Super Sam in this year's world cup. I also hear Lydiate played well so I may have also been wrong about him, or was that rumour just a lot of b'Ollocks?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 29 Aug 2015, 8:38 pm

Duty281 wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Gwlad wrote:

I think Lancaster is building for 2019. England will have done well if they make the final, this year, a semi-final would be par.

If England went out in the Quarters, it would probably depend on the strength of the opposition as to whether Lancaster went or not.

You could say that every team is in a constant flux of building - if teams didn't do so they would run out of players. So surely what you're replying to can't be down to just team building?

I didn't know Lancaster was on until 2020. That's pretty brave and uncharacteristic of the RFU.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 29 Aug 2015, 8:39 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Well it seems I've been wrong about Tips if today is anything to go by. Try and MOTM. At least we don't have to worry about losing Super Sam in this year's world cup. I also hear Lydiate played well so I may have also been wrong about him, or was that rumour just a lot of b'Ollocks?

MD,

Its just a great position to be in and have the options, horses for courses etc. I have always defended Lydiates corner as I think he does so much unseen dirty hard graft that goes un noticed as he's not a show pony.

He put in 25 tackles today, that's a huge effort and one that would be hard to replicate or lose if as a lot want we go for the Sam/Tips 6/7 combo. That's not to say I wouldn't mind if we gave that combo a run out.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 29 Aug 2015, 8:42 pm

Bedford is it true he carried well too? He always does the tackling but in recent times I feel the carries were slipping away. We need a big lad like him to carry more. I wouldn't mind the combo either, same as I wouldn't mind them giving Moriarty a run at 8 - we've got to keep the opposition on their toes!

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 29 Aug 2015, 8:46 pm

Again though he's not picked for his carrying though he did well today, that area is somewhere I think Moriarty might get the edge if he develops well.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by ceilliau_chwyslyd Sat 29 Aug 2015, 8:47 pm

Let's be realistic about England.

Since Lancaster has been in charge..

Wales have won 2 championships
Ireland have won 2 championships

Lancaster's days are numbered.

ceilliau_chwyslyd

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 29 Aug 2015, 8:52 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:
majesticimperialman wrote:What every one need's to know is that these games are (WARM UP) GAMES. Games that are designed to play each player with in the squad to see how good they are, how fit they are and wether or not they are good enough to be in  the squad for the RWC.

There is no world ranking points on these game's so they do not matter.

I will admit Wales played very well today compared to Ireland. But lets see when the world cup starts in 2 weeks. That is when the games matter.

Is that true?  As its mean reported that we have moved above England now in the rankings after this win.

Ireland moved to second in the rankings during the warm up games so no it is not true that these games don't count.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 29 Aug 2015, 8:58 pm

Duty281 wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:Ireland are ranked number two in the world for good reason, they are six nations champions for a good reason too. They have a blwdi good squad and they seriously pushed Wales today.

So why would it be worrying if England lost to them?

If England put out another full strength side and lose to Ireland at twickenham I think would show to the rest of the World that England are not as a good a team as we all thought they were.

Well that depends on how good you assess England's abilities to be.

If England do put a full-strength side out, I would think they would be victorious by a thin margin, but I don't think you can expect the intensities of both sides to replicate that of what they would display during the World Cup.

It looked very much like the two sides were trying to replicate that intensity today in Dublin.

I do see your point that Ireland are ranked a better place than England, England are ranked better than Wales and we just beat Ireland in Dublin.

For England to lose at home to a team their pool rivals just beat would be a poor result for England going into this RWC.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by wrfc1980 Sat 29 Aug 2015, 8:58 pm

Lancaster has a better win percentage than fatland does for wales

wrfc1980

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 29 Aug 2015, 9:03 pm

wrfc1980 wrote:Lancaster has a better win percentage  than fatland does for wales

You are as good as your last game mate

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 29 Aug 2015, 9:06 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:
majesticimperialman wrote:What every one need's to know is that these games are (WARM UP) GAMES. Games that are designed to play each player with in the squad to see how good they are, how fit they are and wether or not they are good enough to be in  the squad for the RWC.

I will admit Wales played very well today compared to Ireland. But lets see when the world cup starts in 2 weeks. That is when the games matter.

Is that true?  As its mean reported that we have moved above England now in the rankings after this win.

I thought these warm up games was being classed as( friendleys) and therefore no ranking points invovled.

I could be wrong though.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 29 Aug 2015, 9:08 pm

Highlights for anyone who missed the game:

George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 29 Aug 2015, 9:11 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:

I thought these warm up games was being classed as( friendleys) and therefore no ranking points invovled.

I could be wrong though.

You are wrong, all internationals alter the rankings.

They have done for the last few weeks.

End of July

1 (1) New Zealand 94.33

2 (2) South Africa 86.37

3 (3) Ireland 85.76

4 (4) England 85.40

5 (5) Australia 85.23

6 (6) Wales 84.07

7 (7) France 79.74

8 (8) Argentina 77.17

9 (9) Samoa 75.84

10 (10) Fiji 75.29

Last Monday

1 New Zealand 92.89
2 Ireland 86.89
3 Australia 86.67
4 South Africa 85.15
5 England 84.24
6 Wales 82.94
7 France 80.90
8 Argentina 78.39
9 Fiji 77.04
10  Scotland 75.79

Read more at http://www.worldrugby.org/rankings#SBmiXXSbhXGDZPUZ.99

On Monday the new rankings will be published. After this win I think Wales move up to fifth.

Last edited by maestegmafia on Sat 29 Aug 2015, 9:33 pm; edited 3 times in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 29 Aug 2015, 9:12 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:

I could be wrong though.

It's a test match. So yes, you are wrong.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 29 Aug 2015, 9:16 pm

OK guys. i put my hand's up, i was wrong.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Sat 29 Aug 2015, 9:20 pm

ceilliau_chwyslyd wrote:Let's be realistic about England.

And England were 2nd in all 4 years losing out in the last three by points difference, this year by 6 points and hes beaten the ABs and run them close in every others game against them

Lancasters job at the minute seems to be as much about building character and an attitude and approach throughout the setup as much as it is about winning

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 29 Aug 2015, 9:27 pm

marty2086 wrote:

And England were 2nd in all 4 years losing out in the last three by points difference, this year by 6 points and hes beaten the ABs and run them close in every others game against them

Lancasters job at the minute seems to be as much about building character and an attitude and approach throughout the setup as much as it is about winning

Gatlands and Schmidt seem to be more about trying to win trophies.

What do you mean by building character and changing the attitude...? England seem to employ the same type of game as they always have done?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 29 Aug 2015, 9:28 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:Again though he's not picked for his carrying though he did well today, that area is somewhere I think Moriarty might get the edge if he develops well.

I thought Gethin had a very good game.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Sat 29 Aug 2015, 9:41 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

What do you mean by building character and changing the attitude...? England seem to employ the same type of game as they always have done?

Is it really that difficult to figure out? 4 years ago England players were like a bunch of drunken yobs, Lancaster has went about changing that as shown by the likes of Hartley and Tuilagi not getting a look in.

Schmidt has created a winning environment within the Ireland squad by changing the attitude and approach, hes used the Leinster players he knows to build that.

If only for a small margin would could be talking about England having as many titles in the last 4 years as Ireland

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 29 Aug 2015, 9:44 pm

Hmmm, first Wales try shouldn't of counted as a Welsh player cleared someone out by their head at about 1:40 on the above YouTube clip. Should of been a yellow

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sat 29 Aug 2015, 9:44 pm

wrfc1980 wrote:Lancaster has a better win percentage  than fatland does for wales

Happy with that…keep winning games, coming 2nd and squandering chances to win tournaments…but its ok, i've won more games

I can see it now, he loses in the quarter finals but as long as he can say he won the group and beat Wales thats ok

Its also completely defeatist

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 29 Aug 2015, 9:46 pm

Gwlad wrote:

Happy with that…keep winning games, coming 2nd and squandering chances to win tournaments…but its ok, i've won more games

I can see it now, he loses in the quarter finals but as long as he can say he won the group and beat Wales thats ok

But isn't winning games still winning which is what they were talking about? It's been said from the beginning we won't be ready till the next World Cup.

Only now are we starting to have players progress through from the under20s

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 29 Aug 2015, 9:51 pm

marty2086 wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

Is it really that difficult to figure out? 4 years ago England players were like a bunch of drunken yobs, Lancaster has went about changing that as shown by the likes of Hartley and Tuilagi not getting a look in.

Schmidt has created a winning environment within the Ireland squad by changing the attitude and approach, hes used the Leinster players he knows to build that.

If only for a small margin would could be talking about England having as many titles in the last 4 years as Ireland

As you say, Hartley and Tuilagi are both still behaving like yobbos. Not sure the culture has changed that much. Hartley was excluded not for disciplinary reasons but due to suspension.

Any coach in the game would exclude a player who beat a policewoman. He will be lucky if he ever plays for England again, that is displicable behavior, something I ha e never heard of by an international rugby player.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sat 29 Aug 2015, 9:51 pm

nathan wrote:
Gwlad wrote:

But isn't winning games still winning which is what they were talking about? It's been said from the beginning we won't be ready till the next World Cup.

Only now are we starting to have players progress through from the under20s

Lancaster has won more games than Wales + Lancaster has won only one 6 Nations and repeatedly come 2nd = everyone is missing the point.

Learning point: No one gives a ^&*( about performances or winning of individual games within a tournament, its the final result in the tournament that counts.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 29 Aug 2015, 9:56 pm

So who do you guys played themselves in or out of the Ireland squad today?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 29 Aug 2015, 9:58 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

As you say, Hartley and Tuilagi are both still behaving like yobbos. Not sure the culture has changed that much. Hartley was excluded not for disciplinary reasons but due to suspension.

Any coach in the game would exclude a player who beat a policewoman. He will be lucky if he ever plays for England again, that is displicable behavior, something I ha e never heard of by an international rugby player.

Oh shut up you anti English donkey, stop spreading false rubbish. He didn't "beat" anyone

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sat 29 Aug 2015, 10:00 pm

nathan wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

Oh shut up you anti English donkey, stop spreading false rubbish. He didn't "beat" anyone
No he didnt beat her he only assaulted her

Manu tuilagi, 6ft 1 and 185kg vs a woman

No beating at all picard

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 29 Aug 2015, 10:01 pm

Nathan

Edit your previous post removing your insult.

"England rugby union player Manu Tuilagi will not play in the World Cup after admitting assaulting police officers, head coach Stuart Lancaster has said.
The Leicester Tigers centre, 23, was fined £6,205 when he appeared before magistrates.
He had been charged with two counts of assaulting a police officer, assault by beating and causing criminal damage, the Crown Prosecution Service said."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-32757633

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Sat 29 Aug 2015, 10:20 pm

Is this the Ireland vs Wales thread?
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Sat 29 Aug 2015, 10:21 pm

I was wondering the same?

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 29 Aug 2015, 10:22 pm

TightHEAD wrote:Is this the Ireland vs Wales thread?

It was..!

What you think of the game TH...???

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 29 Aug 2015, 10:24 pm

maestegmafia wrote:So who do you guys played themselves in or out of the Ireland squad today?

Henderson in, Dave Kearney in, Luke Fitzgerald out- harsh on Fitzgerald but its competitive.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 29 Aug 2015, 10:35 pm

Notch wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:So who do you guys played themselves in or out of the Ireland squad today?

Henderson in, Dave Kearney in, Luke Fitzgerald out- harsh on Fitzgerald but its competitive.

It is harsh on fitzy. He didn't have a great day.

The centre seems to be a bit of a conundrum for Ireland's squad. Thought Henshall went well, Fitz looked good in attack but not overtly impressive. Cave would be a shoe in I guess.

Also a bit of a fight for the back three births, several very talented wings in the mix

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 29 Aug 2015, 10:38 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
TightHEAD wrote:Is this the Ireland vs Wales thread?

It was..!

What you think of the game TH...???

TH you're lacking the smugness you had a couple weeks ago... I take it you did not enjoy the game?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 29 Aug 2015, 10:41 pm

Notch wrote:

Fitz never would have made my Ireland squad. Zebo, Trimble, Bowe, Earls and Gilroy are well ahead of him.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 29 Aug 2015, 10:45 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
Notch wrote:

Fitz never would have made my Ireland squad. Zebo, Trimble, Bowe, Earls and Gilroy are well ahead of him.

Has Gilroy had a run out yet?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 29 Aug 2015, 10:48 pm

I'm not sure. I haven't seen him for a while but I've always rated him higher than Fitzgerald. I doubt Fitz would get a look in if he wasn't a Ladyboy; I don't think he's ever cut the mustard at international level.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 29 Aug 2015, 10:50 pm

He looked good back in 09. Made the lions test team that year.

Been plagued with injuries since.

I agree Gilroy is some player though.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 29 Aug 2015, 10:51 pm

Did Cuthbert do enough to be selected? Personaly io don't think so.

With regards to scrum half, i can understand why Gatland dropped Philips from the squad. Webb was fantastic today.

How about Priestland? did he do enough? not sure my self. But is he did not do enough
who will be the back up 10 for Wales?

Maj,

In answer to your questions:

Did Cuthbert do enough - No I would take Amos but I have a sneaky feeling Cuthbert will get a in. A lot will depend of injuries to Anscombe and Williams and whether he goes for a 17/14 or 18/13 split.

Why he dropped Phillips - Personally I would have still taken him but as 3rd choice instead of Lloyd Williams who I have never rated.

Did Priestland do enough - No but again I suspect he will go, if he didn't go then the back up would be Anscombe and that might still happen if he manages to shake off his ankle injury.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 29 Aug 2015, 10:56 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Notch wrote:

Has Gilroy had a run out yet?

No, Gilroy won't feature.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 29 Aug 2015, 10:59 pm

Let's keep this thread relevant to the match only, please.

Be a shame to have to lock it.

Well done Wales on coming through a nuggety scrap. That game will have done both sides good.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Sat 29 Aug 2015, 11:53 pm

Well done Wales - Tipuric showed again that he is up there with Pocock and Hooper.

Really pleased with the Ireland performance. Ireland had dominance at the set piece with a second string and White looks like a real contender for the plane. Sexton and Rob Kearney were woefully short of game time but they came thorough intact. Hope Earls is ok as Fitz was poor again. Henderson looked special and must be threatening a start at either 4 or 6 in the big games.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 30 Aug 2015, 12:36 am

The Great Aukster wrote:Ireland had dominance at the set piece...

Um...
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Sun 30 Aug 2015, 12:42 am

They really need to decide if a clear out at the ruck with a neck roll is a yellow card or not, Clark got a yellow against France a couple of weeks ago, POC got told it's a key focus area but only a penalty against today

Consistency needed from the referees!

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Sun 30 Aug 2015, 12:50 am

Ok, just got in from a long day out, so haven read other comments and not planning to tonight, but my thought on the game is, Wales completely outclassed Ireland. The Irish try was obviously not a try as it was obviously short of the line and should have gone to the TMO. So Ireland should have had no more than 3 points. The ref was an absolute embarrassment living so many forward passes and crocked feeds by Wales as well as Irelnd I'm not sure he SpecSaver could save him...

But at the end, it showed what we really know. Ireland are not the top NH side, Wales are.

England need to worry, as it looks like their aren't going to progress in their own RWC.

Ok.. I'm peed and I'm back off to my bottle of Jamesons...

In all seriousness, well done Wales, hard luck Ireland, and squeaky bum time for England Yahoo

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Sun 30 Aug 2015, 8:50 am

glamorganalun wrote:Priestland doing his bit in almost turning victory into a last second defeat.

He dropped a wet ball backwards. Off with his head! picard

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next