The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February

+34
CurlyOsp
Pot Hale
malky1963
glamorganalun
A Simply Mesmeric Try
alive555
Breadvan
luvtotup
tigertattie
The Saint
bedfordwelsh
Majestic83
cp10
des
demosthenes
highland_scot
MacKnocked-on
cakeordeath
RuggerRadge2611
GLove39
Cambo
jimbopip
21st Century Schizoid Man
EST
wayne
Weegie Wizard
RDW
PenfroPete
VinceWLB
funnyExiledScot
BigGee
Nematode
IanBru
George Carlin
38 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February - Page 2 Empty Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February

Post by George Carlin Mon 16 Feb 2015, 11:25 am

First topic message reminder :

Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February - Page 2 Glasgo12                 Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February - Page 2 Osprey10
Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys
Saturday 21 February 2015
KO 17:15
Scotstoun Stadium

Referee: George Clancy (Ireland)
Assistant referees: Andrew McMenemy (Scotland), Neil Paterson (Scotland)
Television match official: Jim Yuille (Scotland)
Assessor: Andy Clift (Scotland)

Live on Sky Sports

A. Teams:

Glasgow Warriors
Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February - Page 2 Tucker11
Peter Murchie; Niko Matawalu, Richie Vernon, Fraser Lyle, DTH van der Merwe; Peter Horne, Ali Price; Ryan Grant, Pat MacArthur, Rossouw de Klerk, Leone Nakarawa, Al Kellock (capt), James Eddie, Tyrone Holmes, Josh Strauss.

Replacements: Kevin Bryce, Alex Allan, Zander Fagerson, Fraser McKenzie ,Will Bordill, Connor Braid, Rory Hughes ,Glenn Bryce.

Ospreys
Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February - Page 2 Cather11
Dan Evans; Tom Grabham, Jonathan Spratt, Josh Matavesi, Dafydd Howells, Sam Davies, Martin Roberts, Ryan Bevington, Scott Baldwin, Aaron Jarvis, Tevita Cavubati, Tyler Ardron (Capt), James King, Justin Tipuric, Dan Baker.

Replacements: Scott Otten, Marc Thomas, Dmitri Arhip, Rory Thornton, Joe Bearman, Ieuan Jones, Tom Habberfield, Hanno Dirksen.

B. Form - head to head:

23 Played 23
10 Wins 11
11 Losses 10
2 Draws 2
41 Tries 53
28 Conversions 36
60 Penalties 54
1 Drop Goals 8
444 Points 523
25 Avg. Age 24

C. Form:

Fri 29 November 2013
Ospreys 16 - 28 Glasgow Warriors

Fri 28 March 2014
Glasgow Warriors 11 - 9 Ospreys

Last edited by George Carlin on Sat 21 Feb 2015, 4:23 pm; edited 4 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February - Page 2 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February

Post by Cambo Thu 19 Feb 2015, 10:02 pm

P.P.S Cambo is a top geezer who is wondering how you are allowed anywhere near children

Cambo

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February - Page 2 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Thu 19 Feb 2015, 11:27 pm

Any chance the O's might catch the soap dodgers napping?

Glasgow's last match was about as competitive as the Christians vs. The Lions, I think Nero was emperor at the time.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Thu 19 Feb 2015, 11:56 pm

Ah Cambo, about as popular as a malignant lump.

Every ying has a yang, I guess. Kirk had Khan, Sole had Carling, Senna had Prost, and Schizoid has you. I think in this case, we all prefer the ying.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by Cambo Fri 20 Feb 2015, 12:23 am

Hey Ian! Bit personal fella. Cool the beans! Do you really relish ol' jimbo and the 21st nonsense. They post nothing but bile against their cousins in the East. Ok Glasgow had the Commonwealth Games and used to be a hive of industry-get over it. Also the constant use of what they obviously perceive to be unusual/difficult words surely becomes tedious (or otiose as perhaps they would prefer) for all readers, particularly as they are often used wrongly. I would not imagine either of them bothered many exam boards-0 grade English C max.- Surely we want balanced debate on this site not their chip on the shoulder crap. This site is brilliant and has many great contributors. Others, like me just like to read the posts from informed participants. These' funny' / 'hard' men add nothing. Threats of violence over the internet should give this away. Scotland / Glasgow ? & Edinburgh are looking to go places for the first time in years, cant we all get behind them without ' Glasgow Patter'

Cambo

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Fri 20 Feb 2015, 7:16 am

Presume the teams are up at lunchtime?
Quite confused now as to what the Glasgow 4-8 are going to be.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 20 Feb 2015, 9:14 am

Cambo,

It is interesting that it has almost been a year since you last posted here, yet within minutes of 21st returning you suddenly appear again, calling him a fool and telling him to go.

That's an unhealthy obsession, and completely unacceptable.

Now, the Scottish threads on V2 forum are some of the best for fun, fellowship and lively debate, and we hardly ever have any trouble. People come on here as a distraction from their every day lives, to be able to talk about rugby and have a bit of banter.

The last thing I want is a disruptive presence like you causing grief, especially if it is completely out of the blue and uncalled for like yesterday.

I therefore suggest the following:

- Put 21st, Jimbo, anyone else you don't get on with (I suspect there are many) on your 'foe' list. This means you don't see what they are posting. You do this by clicking on the person's name then on the right hand side clicking 'add to my foes list'

- You consider why you come on here (albeit sporadically) in the first place. You will be more than welcome if you contribute positively, don't go personally hunting the likes of 21st and Jimbo, and actively try to participate in the discussion and - dare I say it - the banter too.

If you don't do as I suggest above then I can't see you lasting long here.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Fri 20 Feb 2015, 9:28 am

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:Ah its The Oncologist !   GFY you pathetic, creepy, stalking, bawbag.  Better still why don't you pop along to Scotstoun on Saturday too ?

I was walking through the city centre one lunchtime a few weeks ago, and I walked past someone with a warriors hat, scarf and top. It wasn't a game day. As I continued walking I got to thinking, where is 21st.

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Fri 20 Feb 2015, 9:29 am

Holy Smokes Schiz is back!

And is already going for the NATO standard passive Weegie aggressive stuff!

Last edited by RuggerRadge2611 on Fri 20 Feb 2015, 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 20 Feb 2015, 10:20 am

I can't see the Ospreys prevailing here. They were seriously average against Edinburgh last weekend and whenever we turned up the heat they folded.

Grayson Hart made hay around the fringes so we can expect Matawalu to do the same. We also did well at the scrum, and Mike Cusack is no fool.

Keen to see the line-ups though - particularly the Glasgow pack.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKnocked-on Fri 20 Feb 2015, 10:25 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Cambo,

It is interesting that it has almost been a year since you last posted here, yet within minutes of 21st returning you suddenly appear again, calling him a fool and telling him to go.

Now, the Scottish threads on V2 forum are some of the best for fun, fellowship and lively debate, and we hardly ever have any trouble. People come on here as a distraction from their every day lives, to be able to talk about rugby and have a bit of banter.

The last thing I want is a disruptive presence like you causing grief, especially if it is completely out of the blue and uncalled for like yesterday.

- Put 21st, Jimbo, anyone else you don't get on with (I suspect there are many) on your 'foe' list.  This means you don't see what they are posting. You do this by clicking on the person's name then on the right hand side clicking 'add to my foes list'

- You consider why you come on here (albeit sporadically) in the first place.  You will be more than welcome if you contribute positively, don't go personally hunting the likes of 21st and Jimbo, and actively try to participate in the discussion and - dare I say it - the banter too.

Nobody mention Te Rure.... Whistle

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 20 Feb 2015, 10:28 am

Laugh

Touché!

If he was on this forum I'd be nicer to him...!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 20 Feb 2015, 10:32 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Laugh

Touché!

If he was on this forum I'd be nicer to him...!

Perhaps Cambo is Te Rure?? Doesn't turn up often, and when he does.....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by highland_scot Fri 20 Feb 2015, 10:33 am

Given Cambo only seems to appear when Schiz does, and Schiz is , well, Schiz...

Can we surmise that Cambo is in fact Schiz's alter-ego?!

highland_scot

Back to top Go down

Post by demosthenes Fri 20 Feb 2015, 10:34 am

- Put 21st, Jimbo, anyone else you don't get on with (I suspect there are many) on your 'foe' list.  This means you don't see what they are posting. You do this by clicking on the person's name then on the right hand side clicking 'add to my foes list'

- You consider why you come on here (albeit sporadically) in the first place.  You will be more than welcome if you contribute positively, don't go personally hunting the likes of 21st and Jimbo, and actively try to participate in the discussion and - dare I say it - the banter too.

Very true, and strange...except...perhaps the clue is in '21st' full handle?

demosthenes

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKnocked-on Fri 20 Feb 2015, 10:45 am

There is an element of self flagellation in all long term supporters of Scottish rugby but abusing yourself online would be taking things to a whole new level.

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Fri 20 Feb 2015, 11:00 am

This should be quite a good match to gauge the difference between the Edinburgh 1.5XV and the Glasgow Second XV.

I'd imagine:

Yanayanatawu, MacArthur, Allan, Nakarawa, Swinson, Eddie, Bordill, Strauss, Marawalu, Horne, DTH Cry Lyle ,Vernon, Maitland, Murchie

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Fri 20 Feb 2015, 11:23 am

I've said this on here before, and more than likely it will be the last time I'll say it, the Administrators should NOT be able to post on a topic and ALSO BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, you allow a foul mouthed oaf to post on a subject, and when somebody picks him up on it, he gets the red letter treatment and NOTHING is done to the original. I'm not interested if this said person is stalking him, what he commented on was entirely justified in my eyes.
This site has taken a downward spiral for over a year, it is no wonder that the contributors numbers has decreased at an alarming rate, if things don't improve you'll be losing another one

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 20 Feb 2015, 11:40 am

wayne wrote:This site has taken a downward spiral for over a year, it is no wonder that the contributors numbers has decreased at an alarming rate, if things don't improve you'll be losing another one

Sad

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Fri 20 Feb 2015, 11:41 am

Wayne, if the administrators can't post on a topic then do you really expect you'll get people who want to be an administrator - which is required - and spend their day looking out for keyboard warriors?

I'm not too sure what you're on about re contributors. Just take a look at the threads in Rugby.

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by des Fri 20 Feb 2015, 11:43 am

Have to agree with wayne and Cambo here.  21st's vitriol is particularly unpleasant and should not be defended by the mods.

des

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Fri 20 Feb 2015, 11:43 am

wayne wrote:

I've said this on here before, and more than likely it will be the last time I'll say it, the Administrators should NOT be able to post on a topic and ALSO BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, you allow a foul mouthed oaf to post on a subject, and when somebody picks him up on it, he gets the red letter treatment and NOTHING is done to the original. I'm not interested if this said person is stalking him, what he commented on was entirely justified in my eyes.
This site has taken a downward spiral for over a year, it is no wonder that the contributors numbers has decreased at an alarming rate, if things don't improve you'll be losing another one

He has a point with the foul mouthed oaf comment. But thats just standard Weegie talk. The scottish posters are just all desensitized to it.

RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 20 Feb 2015, 11:45 am

What we need here is a team announcement to discuss!!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Fri 20 Feb 2015, 11:52 am

Should be in the next 20 mins

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Fri 20 Feb 2015, 11:53 am

up now

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by des Fri 20 Feb 2015, 11:53 am

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
He has a point with the foul mouthed oaf comment. But thats just standard Weegie talk. The scottish posters are just all desensitized to it.
I think it's the difference between Roy Chubby Brown and Frankie Boyle though.  Both are foul mouthed but one embeds wit within his rants.

des

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Fri 20 Feb 2015, 11:54 am

Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February - Page 2 B-SR8jZIgAEh_W-

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by cp10 Fri 20 Feb 2015, 11:56 am

15. Peter Murchie
14. Niko Matawalu
13. Richie Vernon
12. Fraser Lyle
11. DTH van der Merwe
10. Peter Horne
9. Ali Price

1. Ryan Grant
2. Pat MacArthur
3. Rossouw de Klerk
4. Leone Nakarawa
5. Al Kellock (Captain)
6. James Eddie
7. Tyrone Holmes
8. Josh Strauss

Replacements

16. Kevin Bryce
17. Alex Allan
18. Zander Fagerson
19. Fraser McKenzie
20. Will Bordill
21. Connor Braid
22. Rory Hughes
23. Glenn Bryce

Not available due to injury: Adam Ashe (neck), Chris Fusaro (ankle), Lee Jones (ankle), Sean Maitland (shoulder), Henry Pyrgos (knee), Gordon Reid (knee), Duncan Weir (arm) and Jon Welsh (hand).

cp10

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Fri 20 Feb 2015, 11:56 am

It helps that I know Schitz to be an absolutely brilliant guy to spend an afternoon with. Whatever he posts, foul-mouthed or not, I will continue to see him through that lens.

Cambo paints himself as the victim in all this, that people telling how unpleasant they find him are suddenly being 'personal'. I wonder what is more personal than waiting for an absent poster to reappear and then immediately jumping on him. I think we would all be more tolerant of Cambo if he was a more 'positive' or even active contributor on here. As it is, we only hear from him when he wants to have a dig at Schitz. I dare anyone to look back through his post history and find anything of value. It's just pointless attacks on Schitz and Jimbo, and particularly unfunny digs at Glasgow as a city.

At least Fes and RDW are funny and (probably) don't really mean them!
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Fri 20 Feb 2015, 11:58 am

Concerning that Maitland is still injured.

Given Lamont hasn't been picked, I think he'll be in line to start vs Italy.

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by Weegie Wizard Fri 20 Feb 2015, 12:04 pm

I love the look of that bench. It's just a list of all our fit EDP players plus a guy who got on the wrong train at Waverley yesterday.

Weegie Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Fri 20 Feb 2015, 12:05 pm

Ali Price looks like a discount member of Jedward with all that gel!

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Fri 20 Feb 2015, 12:11 pm

despite having so many players away on international duty and having lots of injuries that still looks a pretty decent Glasgow team.
Looking forward to seeing what Ali Price can do, saw him play against Aberdeen for Glasgow in the pre season game in 2013 and he looked very sharp. Got a bad knee injury I think it was that kept him out the whole of that season.
Also pleased to see James Eddie, always think he is very underrated and is exactly the type of 6 Edinburgh could do with at the moment. Gets his head down and does the donkey work very well but is very good with ball and hand and carries the ball well.

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 20 Feb 2015, 12:25 pm

I'd have McKenzie in ahead of Kellock, and Rory Hughes starting on the wing with Niko at scrum half. I'd probably rather Fagerson start at tighthead as well.

Still, that should be enough in my view to topple the Welshies.

Cambo - what are your thoughts on starting XV?

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Fri 20 Feb 2015, 12:28 pm

The Ospreys team to face against Glasgow:
15 Dan Evans
14 Tom Grabham
13 Jonathan Spratt
12 Josh Matavesi
11 Dafydd Howells
10 Sam Davies
9 Martin Roberts

1 Ryan Bevington
2 Scott Baldwin
3 Aaron Jarvis
4 Tevita Cavubati
5 Tyler Ardron (Capt)
6 James King
7 Justin Tipuric
8 Dan Baker

REPLACEMENTS
16 Scott Otten
17 Marc Thomas
18 Dmitri Arhip
19 Rory Thornton
20 Joe Bearman
21 Ieuan Jones
22 Tom Habberfield
23 Hanno Dirksen

Could any O's supporters possibly help out with some of the less-known players in this squad? I see there's a guy called... umm... Tipuric? What's his deal? Journeyman flanker from the Welsh Premier Division, I assume.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 20 Feb 2015, 12:32 pm

Not a big King fan and don't see what Gatland sees in him but that said I like look of that back row.  Good to see Baker back hope he can pick up from before his injury and have a good run of games.

Bit surprised to see Baldwin released back given that he has been involved in the two Welsh games and likley to be on bench next week.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Fri 20 Feb 2015, 12:34 pm

Is that a similar ospreys team that was put out against Edinburgh last week?

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Fri 20 Feb 2015, 12:57 pm

Removed.

Last edited by The Saint on Fri 20 Feb 2015, 2:30 pm; edited 2 times in total

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 20 Feb 2015, 12:58 pm

ok.  Who let schitz back in?

More importantly, has anyone laughed at him for losing the 1872 cup yet?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by des Fri 20 Feb 2015, 1:01 pm

The thing I noticed in last weeks game against Edinburgh was how tall the Ospreys pack was.  6 out of the 8 could have been second rows.  The front row in particular looked too tall to scrum.  

I know folk always say it's the forwards that decide who wins the game and the backs by how much but almost everything good last week was by the little guys.  Edinburgh just had more short arses.

des

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Fri 20 Feb 2015, 1:05 pm

des wrote:The thing I noticed in last weeks game against Edinburgh was how tall the Ospreys pack was.  6 out of the 8 could have been second rows.  The front row in particular looked too tall to scrum.  

I know folk always say it's the forwards that decide who wins the game and the backs by how much but almost everything good last week was by the little guys.  Edinburgh just had more short arses.

The props would have been fairly short at 5'11, 6' (by rugby player standards), as was their No.7. SA forwards are pretty tall and it doesn't seem to hinder them...

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Fri 20 Feb 2015, 1:05 pm

The Saint wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
wayne wrote:

This. And the following:

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:Right before I get moderated, as usual, I will say my one piece and disappear.

From The Warriors forum if I can paraphrase :- let Finn Russell bring the ball out pre kick- off, humiliate Clownshoes Clancy (an idiot's idiot who can't even tell the time - although there really is no way to achieve this with such a dishonest cretin), then rip the Tosspreys ( Biggar's team and Clothesline Webb's I believe- why this cynical wee bastard was not cited (amongst other in red) is a mystery ) a new one.  

Cheers !

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:That little rat Biggar is going to Scotstoun on Saturday apparently as a guest of Sky.   Think he can probably expect a warmish reception - the cynical scumbag !

Nothing gets done, not a warning. The only warning came when a Scottish fan gets abused - not surprisingly nothing is done when Welsh players are slagged off and with particular foul language, all of which is against house rules. You may as well just write it into the house rules now that house rules are there to be broken so long as something/someone Wales-related is on the end of it.

I hope Glasgow win this one, just for the sake of V2. We know what the reaction will be from you lot if Ospreys win.

I have to say I disagree with your comments about the Welsh always being on the end of slaggings and abuse. I think most nations have had some sort of abuse or slagging on here from other nations, I know I have been on the end of it from Welsh & Irish fans when I have posted on other threads.
I think all nations can dish it out as good as each other.

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by Cambo Fri 20 Feb 2015, 1:32 pm

In the words of the Mod RDW: 'The last thing I want is a disruptive presence like you causing grief, especially if it is completely out of the blue and uncalled for like yesterday'.

As the guy in the Mail ( who seems a similar type to 21st) says You couldn't make it up. After the stuff this guy has got away with over the years (see above posts from the Welsh guys) you are offended by the word fool.
As for stalking - if taking someone to task, for being offensive is stalking then count me in but really the Mods should be doing it. I chose 21st as he is over the top and a constant embarrassment to Glasgow / Scotland but always gets away with it. Others have been barred for much lesser offences. I can assure you I would treat any other guilty of this type of behaviour the same.

FES - Good Glasgow team from what's available I would expect a good win and possibly a bonus point

Cambo

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Fri 20 Feb 2015, 1:38 pm

Removed

Last edited by PenfroPete on Fri 20 Feb 2015, 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Post removed - already covered)
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Fri 20 Feb 2015, 1:43 pm

What about Van der Merwe signing for Scarlets though?

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 20 Feb 2015, 1:43 pm

Weegie Wizard wrote:I love the look of that bench. It's just a list of all our fit EDP players plus a guy who got on the wrong train at Waverley yesterday.

Yes Wiz, that side actually looks like the future for Glasgow has tumbled from the Tombola. It'll be interesting to see how Sandy Lyle copes against sterner opposition than the pasta tackle bags of last week. The Hairsprays look like a weakened side, but I'll admit to my ignorance here so any Welsh posters who want to enlighten us please go ahead. The latter stages of the game should be interesting Buffy's mate and Alex Allen have a real opportunity to impress when they come on and I think we might see musical chairs in the backs with Mad Mata switching to 9, Hornee to 12, Braid at 10 and Hughes on the wing.

On the Schiz/Cambo side of things; Schiz's comments re. Clownshoes were understated for him, but completely acceptable and accurate, his comments on Dan Biggar were par for the course/coarse. If any of you have been following the Taking Players In The Air thread on the International section you might have noticed that on the ref mike Biggar was heard to attempt to browbeat Glenda into giving a red card. I said that this behaviour was reminiscent of Leeds United in the 60's and totally out of place on a rugby pitch. If Biggar behaves like that he deserves to be called cynical.

In all the time I've been posting here I've never met a poster who wasn't genuinely likeable and good company.( Bru, Asbo and Schiz are very amiable gentlemen in real life) However, I would cross the road to avoid Cambo he seems to have deep rooted issues and uses this place to vent his anger. I don't think his level of venom is acceptable and god knows it contains neither humour nor wit.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Fri 20 Feb 2015, 1:46 pm

Cambo wrote:

FES - Good Glasgow team from what's available I would expect a good win and possibly a bonus point

I think that might be expecting a bit too much. It looks like a good Ospreys team, but I do wonder if they're players that have recently returned from injury are lacking match fitness/sharpness.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 20 Feb 2015, 1:53 pm

The Saint wrote:What about Van der Merwe signing for Scarlets though?

Blow for Glasgow certainly - he's a very good player. I can only assume that the Scarlets were willing to pay more for his services, and then it comes down to value.

I'd quite like Messi and Ronaldo to sign for Everton, but it comes down to what you can afford and price. Clearly the Scarlets have found some money under the mattress, and he'll do well I think. Hopefully Glasgow can coax more from Rory Hughes next season, a player I rate, or find another hidden gem in the same way they did with DTH originally.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Weegie Wizard Fri 20 Feb 2015, 1:57 pm

The Saint wrote:
Cambo wrote:

I think that might be expecting a bit too much. It looks like a good Ospreys team, but I do wonder if they're players that have recently returned from injury are lacking match fitness/sharpness.

Do any of the Os fans think we are getting close to 'must win' territory yet? I think your next 3 games are us, Leinster and Munster so how many points do you think you need from them to get top 2?

Weegie Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 20 Feb 2015, 2:07 pm

There's still quite a way to go but this is a nasty run for the Ospreys, particularly after getting nothing from the Edinburgh game.

The Ospreys vs Glasgow in the penultimate fixture of the season will, I suspect, be more meaningful! Glasgow then play Ulster at home in the final game. Those will be big matches.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Fri 20 Feb 2015, 2:19 pm

Think top 2 is beyond us now. The lads that have had to fill in for the injured and the internationals have stuck manfully to the task, but I think it’s all catching up with them now (Witness last weekend !!)
Players are starting to return, so I see the remaining fixtures for the O’s panning out thus

Sat, 21 Feb 17:15 Glasgow Warriors (A) – LOSE (0 pts, 4 pts for Glasgow)
Fri, 27 Feb 19:35 Leinster (H) – WIN (4pts, 1pt for Leinster)
Sat, 07 Mar 14:40 Munster (H) - WIN (4pts, 1pt for Munster)

POST 6 NATIONS

Sat, 28 Mar 19:15 Zebre Rugby (H) - WIN (5pts, 0 pts for Zebre)
Fri, 10 Apr 20:35 Benetton Treviso (A) - WIN (4pts, 1 pt for Treviso)
Sat, 25 Apr 14:30 Blues (Neutral) – LOSE (1pt, 4 pts for Blues)
8/9/10 May TBC Glasgow Warriors (H) – LOSE (0pts, 4 for Glasgow)
15/16/17 May TBC Connacht (A) – WIN (4pts, 1 for Connacht)

So 5 wins and 22 points, from the last 8 games, gives 66 points. Over the last few seasons that would have equated to

2013 – 14 = 5th place
2012-13 = 4th Place
2011-12 = between 3rd and 4th
2010-11 = between 3rd and 4th

Will be touch and go just to get into the play-offs, to be honest

PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next