The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February

+34
CurlyOsp
Pot Hale
malky1963
glamorganalun
A Simply Mesmeric Try
alive555
Breadvan
luvtotup
tigertattie
The Saint
bedfordwelsh
Majestic83
cp10
des
demosthenes
highland_scot
MacKnocked-on
cakeordeath
RuggerRadge2611
GLove39
Cambo
jimbopip
21st Century Schizoid Man
EST
wayne
Weegie Wizard
RDW
PenfroPete
VinceWLB
funnyExiledScot
BigGee
Nematode
IanBru
George Carlin
38 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February - Page 5 Empty Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February

Post by George Carlin Mon 16 Feb 2015, 11:25 am

First topic message reminder :

Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February - Page 5 Glasgo12                 Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February - Page 5 Osprey10
Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys
Saturday 21 February 2015
KO 17:15
Scotstoun Stadium

Referee: George Clancy (Ireland)
Assistant referees: Andrew McMenemy (Scotland), Neil Paterson (Scotland)
Television match official: Jim Yuille (Scotland)
Assessor: Andy Clift (Scotland)

Live on Sky Sports

A. Teams:

Glasgow Warriors
Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February - Page 5 Tucker11
Peter Murchie; Niko Matawalu, Richie Vernon, Fraser Lyle, DTH van der Merwe; Peter Horne, Ali Price; Ryan Grant, Pat MacArthur, Rossouw de Klerk, Leone Nakarawa, Al Kellock (capt), James Eddie, Tyrone Holmes, Josh Strauss.

Replacements: Kevin Bryce, Alex Allan, Zander Fagerson, Fraser McKenzie ,Will Bordill, Connor Braid, Rory Hughes ,Glenn Bryce.

Ospreys
Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February - Page 5 Cather11
Dan Evans; Tom Grabham, Jonathan Spratt, Josh Matavesi, Dafydd Howells, Sam Davies, Martin Roberts, Ryan Bevington, Scott Baldwin, Aaron Jarvis, Tevita Cavubati, Tyler Ardron (Capt), James King, Justin Tipuric, Dan Baker.

Replacements: Scott Otten, Marc Thomas, Dmitri Arhip, Rory Thornton, Joe Bearman, Ieuan Jones, Tom Habberfield, Hanno Dirksen.

B. Form - head to head:

23 Played 23
10 Wins 11
11 Losses 10
2 Draws 2
41 Tries 53
28 Conversions 36
60 Penalties 54
1 Drop Goals 8
444 Points 523
25 Avg. Age 24

C. Form:

Fri 29 November 2013
Ospreys 16 - 28 Glasgow Warriors

Fri 28 March 2014
Glasgow Warriors 11 - 9 Ospreys

Last edited by George Carlin on Sat 21 Feb 2015, 4:23 pm; edited 4 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February - Page 5 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February

Post by George Carlin Sun 22 Feb 2015, 12:57 pm

Totally understood. My point was just that Paterson would have been a donkey regardless of whom we were playing or whatever the score was.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February - Page 5 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February

Post by 123456789 Sun 22 Feb 2015, 1:47 pm

Interestingly of the teams that currently occupy the top 5, 4 of them are the closest teams to Ulster so if I'm honest we can't really complain. That said if we want the final to be a big occasion like the other professional finals in Europe we'd be better off staging it in a big stadium with a large population base and give longer than a week to purchase tickets in between the semi-final and the final.
The Pro12 has already split into four divisions with the top 5 competing for Play-off places, Connacht, The Scarlets and Edinburgh for the final top 6 place and then Treviso, Cardiff and the Dragons followed by Zebre all on their own

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Sun 22 Feb 2015, 2:40 pm

The Saint wrote:
alive555 wrote:
id hazard a guess glasgows injured or not available would be significantly longer.

thats was glasgow b-/c team

Typical rubbish like we've come to expect from you recently. Coincidentally, your fellow supporters happen to be whinging about the ref again on the Pro12 FB page. Not that I don't disagree with the complaints, but that isn't the point.
Well let's just examine it, shall we? I've broken down the players into a recognised A-team (i.e. first-choice in that position), B-team (normal substitute and core squad players), and C-team (extended squad, academy and loaned players). There are bound to be disagreements on individual players, particularly with Toonie's rotation-obsessed selection policy. Be that as it may, this certainly shows how bare Glasgow were yesterday with 22 players out through injury and international call-ups.

15. Peter Murchie
14. Niko Matawalu
13. Richie Vernon

12. Fraser Lyle
11. DTH van der Merwe
10. Peter Horne

9. Ali Price

1. Ryan Grant
2. Pat MacArthur
3. Rossouw de Klerk
4. Leone Nakarawa
5. Al Kellock (Captain)
6. James Eddie
7. Tyrone Holmes

8. Josh Strauss

Replacements
16. Kevin Bryce
17. Alex Allan
18. Zander Fagerson

19. Fraser McKenzie
20. Will Bordill
21. Connor Braid

22. Rory Hughes
23. Glenn Bryce
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Sun 22 Feb 2015, 2:49 pm

Standulstermen wrote:quick reminder lads that there is 1 week between the semis and the final. Im not sure if this is due to it being a world cup year or rather a rejigging of the season (I think this was a bugbear of the LNR in the Heineken cup negotiations).

Whilst I agree in principle I think that pragmatically speaking having the venue known months in advance is a necessity

Can totally see the sense, we have the date of the final set as 30th May. However, we still don't have dates for Round 21, 22 or the Semi-Finals Rolling Eyes

Round 21 - all fixtures show as 8/9/10 May
Round 22 - all fixtures show as 15/16/17 May
Semi-Finals - both show as 22/23/24 May

C'mon Pro 12, get it sorted
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by alive555 Sun 22 Feb 2015, 2:51 pm

The Saint wrote:
alive555 wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:
George Carlin wrote:Just reminded myself of the Os injury list prior to this match:
Ashley Beck - Ankle
Rynier Bernardo - Knee
Andrew Bishop - Back
Cai Griffiths - Bicep
Jeff Hassler - Ligaments
Ross Jones - Ankle
Sam Parry - Ankle
Lloyd Peers - Ligaments
Nicky Smith - Pectoral muscle
De Kock Steenkamp - Achilles
Eli Walker - Cartilage

Add to that the likes of Webb and Biggar being withheld and I think that we were kind of lucky to play this Ospreys side when we did.

Stop being magnanimous. This is a Welsh side, bask in the smugness of victory!!

id hazard a guess glasgows injured or not available would be significantly longer.

Typical rubbish like we've come to expect from you recently. Coincidentally, your fellow supporters happen to be whinging about the ref again on the Pro12 FB page. Not that I don't disagree with the complaints, but that isn't the point.

u make the point about whinging on fb, then say u dont disagree with the points, then say its not the point.

alive555

Back to top Go down

Post by alive555 Sun 22 Feb 2015, 2:55 pm

IanBru wrote:
The Saint wrote:
alive555 wrote:

Well let's just examine it, shall we? I've broken down the players into a recognised A-team (i.e. first-choice in that position), B-team (normal substitute and core squad players), and C-team (extended squad, academy and loaned players). There are bound to be disagreements on individual players, particularly with Toonie's rotation-obsessed selection policy. Be that as it may, this certainly shows how bare Glasgow were yesterday with 22 players out through injury and international call-ups.

15. Peter Murchie
14. Niko Matawalu
13. Richie Vernon

12. Fraser Lyle
11. DTH van der Merwe
10. Peter Horne

9. Ali Price

1. Ryan Grant
2. Pat MacArthur
3. Rossouw de Klerk
4. Leone Nakarawa
5. Al Kellock (Captain)
6. James Eddie
7. Tyrone Holmes

8. Josh Strauss

Replacements
16. Kevin Bryce
17. Alex Allan
18. Zander Fagerson

19. Fraser McKenzie
20. Will Bordill
21. Connor Braid

22. Rory Hughes
23. Glenn Bryce

thankyou ian. i think we can safely agree this was a very very long way from glasgow A.

u know some people just love to take the bait - saint where r u ?

alive555

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sun 22 Feb 2015, 3:02 pm

In no way you can say DTH is not in the A team though.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sun 22 Feb 2015, 4:08 pm

VinceWLB wrote:In no way you can say DTH is not in the A team though.
Well done Vince, this is NOT a dig at you
In the modern day, it is NOT a first team of 15, it is a SQUAD OF 23, there was a LOT MORE than 3 of your FIRST TEAM SQUAD there.
The absolutely ridiculous statement of Townsend beggars belief.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun 22 Feb 2015, 4:27 pm

alive555 wrote:
The Saint wrote:
alive555 wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:
George Carlin wrote:Just reminded myself of the Os injury list prior to this match:
Ashley Beck - Ankle
Rynier Bernardo - Knee
Andrew Bishop - Back
Cai Griffiths - Bicep
Jeff Hassler - Ligaments
Ross Jones - Ankle
Sam Parry - Ankle
Lloyd Peers - Ligaments
Nicky Smith - Pectoral muscle
De Kock Steenkamp - Achilles
Eli Walker - Cartilage

Add to that the likes of Webb and Biggar being withheld and I think that we were kind of lucky to play this Ospreys side when we did.

Stop being magnanimous. This is a Welsh side, bask in the smugness of victory!!

u make the point about whinging on fb, then say u dont disagree with the points, then say its not the point.

B and C is widely off the mark. It should also be noted that Glasgow have built up a fair bit of depth over the past few seasons. I don't disagree with any ref complaints because I think it's a fair comment. The point is you lot are just massive whingers, though saying that it's probably all you under different alias'.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun 22 Feb 2015, 4:30 pm

alive555 wrote:
IanBru wrote:
The Saint wrote:
alive555 wrote:

15. Peter Murchie
14. Niko Matawalu
13. Richie Vernon

12. Fraser Lyle
11. DTH van der Merwe
10. Peter Horne

9. Ali Price

1. Ryan Grant
2. Pat MacArthur
3. Rossouw de Klerk
4. Leone Nakarawa
5. Al Kellock (Captain)
6. James Eddie
7. Tyrone Holmes

8. Josh Strauss

Replacements
16. Kevin Bryce
17. Alex Allan
18. Zander Fagerson

19. Fraser McKenzie
20. Will Bordill
21. Connor Braid

22. Rory Hughes
23. Glenn Bryce

thankyou ian. i think we can safely agree this was a very very long way from glasgow A.

u know some people just love to take the bait - saint where r u ?

DTH and Matawalu are A players, not that it matters. It just shows some of you fans are full of rubbish. Trying to talk up your team in that regard is just shear desperation and probably an implication of not winning a league title yet.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun 22 Feb 2015, 4:32 pm

wayne wrote:
In the modern day, it is NOT a first team of 15, it is a SQUAD OF 23, there was a LOT MORE than 3 of your FIRST TEAM SQUAD there.

Not that this is a jealous statement, but it's probably an attempt to get one over on a team that's won the title multiple times, from the coaches/fans of a team that have won it zero times.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Sun 22 Feb 2015, 4:35 pm

The Saint wrote:
wayne wrote:

Not that this is a jealous statement, but it's probably an attempt to get one over on a team that's won the title multiple times, from the coaches/fans of a team that have won it zero times.
To be quite honest, if the mighty O's couldn't beat Glasgow with 22 players out, then Glasgow supporters really don't have much to be jealous of.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun 22 Feb 2015, 4:41 pm

IanBru wrote:
The Saint wrote:
wayne wrote:

To be quite honest, if the mighty O's couldn't beat Glasgow with 22 players out, then Glasgow supporters really don't have much to be jealous of.

No surprise as the Ospreys can't beat them in 6 or more attempts Very Happy. And incorrect. They can be jealous of Ospreys multiple titles, and winning in a final at the RDS, as opposed to getting stuffed. Learn to be a bit more gracious like Wales fans were last week Smile.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789 Sun 22 Feb 2015, 5:12 pm

The Saint wrote:
IanBru wrote:
The Saint wrote:
wayne wrote:

No surprise as the Ospreys can't beat them in 6 or more attempts Very Happy. And incorrect. They can be jealous of Ospreys multiple titles, and winning in a final at the RDS, as opposed to getting stuffed. Learn to be a bit more gracious like Wales fans were last week Smile.

Sarcasm or delusion?

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sun 22 Feb 2015, 5:31 pm

Ospreys will be pleased they don't have to visit Scotland again this season after successive defeats.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun 22 Feb 2015, 5:32 pm

123456789 wrote:
The Saint wrote:
IanBru wrote:
The Saint wrote:
wayne wrote:

Sarcasm or delusion?

Eh? We've been gracious 8 years on the bounce now... Laugh thumbsup

That said, Glasgow are my pick to win the league this year, with Munster being their main rivals for the title. Hopefully it's Glasgow as we need to add a different name to the list.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789 Sun 22 Feb 2015, 5:39 pm

The Saint wrote:
123456789 wrote:
The Saint wrote:
IanBru wrote:
The Saint wrote:
wayne wrote:

Sarcasm or delusion?

Eh? We've been gracious 8 years on the bounce now... Laugh thumbsup

That said, Glasgow are my pick to win the league this year, with Munster being their main rivals for the title. Hopefully it's Glasgow as we need to add a different name to the list.

Perhaps but never have you beaten us with such flair, panache, power and skill nor as convincingly as we beat you on the 10th of February 2007.

And when did you last win the five nations?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun 22 Feb 2015, 5:51 pm

Decades ago.... Just goes to show how poor we are really.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789 Sun 22 Feb 2015, 7:13 pm

Out of interest how many times a day do you wish you were the five nations champions?

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 22 Feb 2015, 7:42 pm

Ah yes - usual suspects 1 to 4 - normal service resumed Very Happy Yahoo Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sun 22 Feb 2015, 8:16 pm

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:Ah yes - usual suspects 1 to 4 - normal service resumed Very Happy Yahoo Very Happy

Nicely done. Big game next up!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Mon 23 Feb 2015, 3:24 pm

wayne wrote:
Breadvan wrote:Decent set of fowards for the Os. Bar the locks, our first choice set tbh. We desperatly need an away win against a top side to get our season back on track and restore some confidence. Glad to see Baker back..
Breadvan, I don't know how often you watch us, but do you think a front 3 of Smith Baldwin and Arhip a lot stronger than this selected, or even Jarvis at loosehead much stronger scrummaging wise than selected and if proper second rows were selected it would allow Ardron into the 6 position, he has really been outstanding since Baker has been injured, and even though IMO King is good in that position, Ardron would be better.

Hi Wayne. ST holder mate. I'll be down on fri night Very Happy Our best props this season have been Smith n Arhip. in tandem with each other. This pairing looked good on paper alto I missed this match completely. agree on Ardron, he's been quality at 8. King at 6 too. I was happy at lydiates signing but felt for King as he's been superb for us this season at blindside.
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Wed 25 Feb 2015, 5:02 pm

Nakawara banned for 4 weeks, reduced to 3 for headbutting Marc Thomas, didn't expect that, thought it was a yellow.
How about that then MALKY?

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Thu 26 Feb 2015, 11:57 am

Just watched the match - saw Nakawara  from afar doing something silly, so if he headbutted (must have had better angles) they foolish him

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Thu 26 Feb 2015, 12:09 pm

wayne wrote:I'm not going to quote the actual posts, but yesterday I asked what did Quinlan say that was so disgusting, and there were a number of posts that said he had blamed a Nation for the incompetence (Scottish) for the Ospreys loss, YES he blamed the Scottish Touch Judge, but when asked if he was blaming ONLY Scottish officials he said NO, he said it should be ONE NATIONS officials at matches where different Nations teams are playing each other.
Let me just add I don't know which TJ gave that decision or who gave the Baldwin offside decision, he should be severely reprimanded, I said before this game when Scottish posters were slagging off Clancy that the same opinion is held by the majority on our board, also who was one of the TJs, Pratterson, the man is a total embarrassment and should be nowhere near this level of Rugby as I've said on many occasions.
PS, just watching it back and the TJ that gave the offside against Ardron was Pratterson.  

I was completely shocked at that comment - and really felt he was a hairs whisker of getting himself into real (and I mean legal) trouble with how he made that comment - he only mentioned the second comment about other nations after the other pundit quickly said they were not saying it was deliberate.

there are always individual areas that can be picked up and focused on, so to blame one call is really really dumb (IMO). We can all point to calls that could have been penalties

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 26 Feb 2015, 6:41 pm

wayne wrote:Nakawara banned for 4 weeks, reduced to 3 for headbutting Marc Thomas, didn't expect that, thought it was a yellow.

Did you choose a charity for him to pay to?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Thu 26 Feb 2015, 7:00 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
wayne wrote:Nakawara banned for 4 weeks, reduced to 3 for headbutting Marc Thomas, didn't expect that, thought it was a yellow.

Did you choose a charity for him to pay to?
LT, I didn't at the time think it warranted a red, as I had said he deserved a 10 minute rest, that is when he came out with the preposterous Charity point, I didn't even know he had been cited, so to answer your question NO, I just want him to come on here and apologise, the problem you see is that I played as a hooker and have had that experience, it is NOT very pleasant.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5