The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February

+34
CurlyOsp
Pot Hale
malky1963
glamorganalun
A Simply Mesmeric Try
alive555
Breadvan
luvtotup
tigertattie
The Saint
bedfordwelsh
Majestic83
cp10
des
demosthenes
highland_scot
MacKnocked-on
cakeordeath
RuggerRadge2611
GLove39
Cambo
jimbopip
21st Century Schizoid Man
EST
wayne
Weegie Wizard
RDW
PenfroPete
VinceWLB
funnyExiledScot
BigGee
Nematode
IanBru
George Carlin
38 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February - Page 4 Empty Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February

Post by George Carlin Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:25 am

First topic message reminder :

Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February - Page 4 Glasgo12                 Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February - Page 4 Osprey10
Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys
Saturday 21 February 2015
KO 17:15
Scotstoun Stadium

Referee: George Clancy (Ireland)
Assistant referees: Andrew McMenemy (Scotland), Neil Paterson (Scotland)
Television match official: Jim Yuille (Scotland)
Assessor: Andy Clift (Scotland)

Live on Sky Sports

A. Teams:

Glasgow Warriors
Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February - Page 4 Tucker11
Peter Murchie; Niko Matawalu, Richie Vernon, Fraser Lyle, DTH van der Merwe; Peter Horne, Ali Price; Ryan Grant, Pat MacArthur, Rossouw de Klerk, Leone Nakarawa, Al Kellock (capt), James Eddie, Tyrone Holmes, Josh Strauss.

Replacements: Kevin Bryce, Alex Allan, Zander Fagerson, Fraser McKenzie ,Will Bordill, Connor Braid, Rory Hughes ,Glenn Bryce.

Ospreys
Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February - Page 4 Cather11
Dan Evans; Tom Grabham, Jonathan Spratt, Josh Matavesi, Dafydd Howells, Sam Davies, Martin Roberts, Ryan Bevington, Scott Baldwin, Aaron Jarvis, Tevita Cavubati, Tyler Ardron (Capt), James King, Justin Tipuric, Dan Baker.

Replacements: Scott Otten, Marc Thomas, Dmitri Arhip, Rory Thornton, Joe Bearman, Ieuan Jones, Tom Habberfield, Hanno Dirksen.

B. Form - head to head:

23 Played 23
10 Wins 11
11 Losses 10
2 Draws 2
41 Tries 53
28 Conversions 36
60 Penalties 54
1 Drop Goals 8
444 Points 523
25 Avg. Age 24

C. Form:

Fri 29 November 2013
Ospreys 16 - 28 Glasgow Warriors

Fri 28 March 2014
Glasgow Warriors 11 - 9 Ospreys

Last edited by George Carlin on Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:23 pm; edited 4 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February

Post by George Carlin Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:52 pm

Penas Glascoo.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February

Post by GLove39 Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:53 pm

oooft, what a time to knock on

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by malky1963 Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:53 pm

wayne wrote:
malky1963 wrote:
wayne wrote:Nakarawa or whatever is name his should have had a 10 minute rest for that secondary head butt.

Oh please - don't be ridiculous - there was no 'head butt'
Open your other eye you might see something other than your team

I am not a Glasgow fan and I can assure you I had both eyes open and saw Nakawara do something stupid (for which he was rightly penalised) but not dangerous and most certainly not a 'head butt'

malky1963

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:56 pm

You can see why Baker is not in the Wales 22

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:58 pm

To be fair that fumble aside he's had a very solid game

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:58 pm

Very bias commentry on sky

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:01 pm

glamorganalun wrote:Very bias commentry on sky
True, although that is a bit like complaining that 101 Dalmations has got a sh!tload of dogs in it.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by malky1963 Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:01 pm

Justice done

malky1963

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:01 pm

Townsend would tear his hair out if he hand any

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:02 pm

picard Davies.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:02 pm

Should have gone for corner only 2 points for a draw going to get 1 anyway

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:03 pm

malky1963 wrote:
wayne wrote:
malky1963 wrote:
wayne wrote:Nakarawa or whatever is name his should have had a 10 minute rest for that secondary head butt.

I am not a Glasgow fan and I can assure you I had both eyes open and saw Nakawara do something stupid (for which he was rightly penalised) but not dangerous and most certainly not a 'head butt'
If you actually knew anything about scrum play you would know the part of the body furthest forward is the head and it connected with Thomas, it was a head butt

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:05 pm

Yahoo

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:06 pm

Great game Glasgow - deserved the win.  Good reffing by Clancy to keep the game evenly balanced to the end.

Just 5 points between the Top 4 now -  all to play for.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:07 pm

glamorganalun wrote:You can see why Baker is not in the Wales 22
For a start it is 23 and the reason he hasn't been in the squad is he has been injured, he only played about 20 minutes last week and a full game this.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyOsp Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:08 pm

Another poor Ospreys performance. Davies and Roberts have to be one of the worst half-back pairings we've ever had. Who's idea was it to let go of Matthew Morgan?

CurlyOsp

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:08 pm

Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February - Page 4 Obama10
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:10 pm

George Carlin wrote:Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February - Page 4 Obama10

Indeed!
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:11 pm

That was one more League point than I expected, good combative performance and could have been more if Clancy had yellowed some of their players as he should have.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by malky1963 Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:12 pm

wayne wrote:
malky1963 wrote:
wayne wrote:
malky1963 wrote:

If you actually knew anything about scrum play you would know the part of the body furthest forward is the head and it connected with Thomas, it was a head butt

I have an inkling about scrum play
I played at in the pack (2nd row/back row) at a decent level and I can assure you, Wayne, that it was a non incident. You are obviously expecting a citing - let's see. If there is a citing and it's upheld I will donate £100 to the charity of your choice and I am sure that one of the mods can work out a way that I can prove that I have done it. Will you reciprocate?
Actually ignore that reciprocate bit - I know nothing about you and it is unfair to force you into a £100 bet.
It would be as unfair as you making the comment 'If you actually knew anything about scrum play'

Last edited by malky1963 on Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

malky1963

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:22 pm

malky1963 wrote:
wayne wrote:
malky1963 wrote:
wayne wrote:
malky1963 wrote:

I played at in the pack (2nd row/back row) at a decent level and I can assure you, Wayne (never knew a rugby player called Wayne by the way) that it was a non incident. You are obviously expecting a citing - let's see. If there is a citing and it's upheld I will donate £100 to the charity of your choice and I am sure that one of the mods can work out a way that I can prove that I have done it. Will you reciprocate?
I'll let your ignorance of my experience pass you by, ever heard of Wayne Hall just to say I played the same position as him and have had the experience that Marc Thomas received today from Nakawara, as to your Charity proposal, you will notice I said he should have had a 10 minute rest, that is a yellow card and you only get a citing if the Citing Officer says it deserves a red, but obviously you didn't know that, your flamboyant proposal will be seen for what it is.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:22 pm

Good result considering how depleted the Warriors squad is.

It's a tough run in for Glasgow though. Although, as long as Glasgow are in the top 4, does it really matter where they are in the top 4 given the final won't be in Glasgow/Scotland?

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:25 pm

Wayne and Malky  

Instead of a charitable donation, can I book you a room for the night?

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:25 pm

I've got to say, I'm pretty shocked at Quinlan's comments there. What pundit with any self-respect would blame a line-judge's nationality for a perceived bias?

Very poor form.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:26 pm

IanBru wrote:I've got to say, I'm pretty shocked at Quinlan's comments there. What pundit with any self-respect would blame a line-judge's nationality for a perceived bias?

Very poor form.
What did he say Ian?

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by malky1963 Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:32 pm

wayne wrote:
malky1963 wrote:
wayne wrote:
malky1963 wrote:
wayne wrote:
malky1963 wrote:

I played at in the pack (2nd row/back row) at a decent level and I can assure you, Wayne (never knew a rugby player called Wayne by the way) that it was a non incident. You are obviously expecting a citing - let's see. If there is a citing and it's upheld I will donate £100 to the charity of your choice and I am sure that one of the mods can work out a way that I can prove that I have done it. Will you reciprocate?
I'll let your ignorance of my experience pass you by, ever heard of Wayne Hall just to say I played the same position as him and have had the experience that Marc Thomas received  today from Nakawara, as to your Charity proposal, you will notice I said he should have had a 10 minute rest, that is a yellow card and you only get a citing if the Citing Officer says it deserves a red, but obviously you didn't know that, your flamboyant proposal will be seen for what it is.

You obviously are unfamiliar with the laws and associated World Rugby guidance - a 'head butt' is a red - you said it was a head butt therefore if you are right a citing will follow.
We obviously had criss crossing emails - I had edited my Wayne comment out as that was unfair and I apologise.

malky1963

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:35 pm

wayne wrote:
For a start it is 23 and the reason he hasn't been in the squad is he has been injured, he only played about 20 minutes last week and a full game this.

He is supposed to be a professional player picking the ball up or catciing the ball is a fairing basic skill I would expect from U14 player, I thought the half backs were poor and they have had a lot of game time. I think Davies will impeove but Roberts will not.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:36 pm

I've not seen much of Davies, but from what I've seen he'd be a better 15 than 10. 

Also, can any Ospreys supporters explain why Dirksen isn't starting recently? When I've seen him he's been lightning fast and physical.

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by malky1963 Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:39 pm

IanBru wrote:I've got to say, I'm pretty shocked at Quinlan's comments there. What pundit with any self-respect would blame a line-judge's nationality for a perceived bias?

Very poor form.

It was appalling and the Sky people moved pretty quickly to distance themselves from it - the supreme irony of course is that Quinlan had the bare faced cheek to mention it in a game reffed by Clancy who is like a Dementor to any Scottish rugby team.

malky1963

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:41 pm

Nematode wrote:Good result considering how depleted the Warriors squad is.

It's a tough run in for Glasgow though. Although, as long as Glasgow are in the top 4, does it really matter where they are in the top 4 given the final won't be in Glasgow/Scotland?

I actually think that just 'awarding' the final is really terrible as it does rather crap in the salad of the team that tops the table after the first knock out round.

It would be fine if Ulster had no chance of making the play-offs, but seeing as they almost certainly will - what a huge advantage that could be for them.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:42 pm

Haven't seen the game but nicely done Glasgow. It's all about harvesting points and that's another 4 in the bag. Looks like Ospreys were much improved from the previous weekend.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:47 pm

George Carlin wrote:
Nematode wrote:Good result considering how depleted the Warriors squad is.

I actually think that just 'awarding' the final is really terrible as it does rather crap in the salad of the team that tops the table after the first knock out round.

It would be fine if Ulster had no chance of making the play-offs, but seeing as they almost certainly will - what a huge advantage that could be for them.

Agree. The team in the final that finished higher in the league should host, or the national stadium in that team's country. If Glasgow top the league and make the final, then Scotstoun (using my dining room chairs), Murrayfield or potentially Ibrox (but not Celtic Park obviously, nasty crowd...).

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:49 pm

CurlyOsp wrote:Another poor Ospreys performance. Davies and Roberts have to be one of the worst half-back pairings we've ever had. Who's idea was it to let go of Matthew Morgan?

Agreed on Morgan. Class act.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:51 pm

Very poor form.

I agree Brumeister.

I dont know why he was focusing on that one penalty decision either, he kept on repeating that it cost Osprey's the game - conveniently forgetting that Glasgow were three points up at that stage.

Anyway, I thought both teams could have won - Glasgow's replacement front row probably won them the game eaking out penalties that gained field position. Special mention to Fraser Mckenzie who added real ballast to the scrum when he came on. I have always liked him as a player and Glasgow could do a lot worse than try and entice him west on a longer term deal.

DTH stood out with some scything breaks and Lyle looked solid, his distribution in particular was very good, on a couple of occasions putting the ball behind Richie Vernon to a back three player.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:53 pm

Cutting out Vernon usually pays off!!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:55 pm

I'd take McKenzie in a bleedin' heartbeat.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:57 pm

glamorganalun wrote:
wayne wrote:

He is supposed to be a professional player picking the ball up or catciing the ball is a fairing basic skill I would expect from U14 player, I thought the half backs were poor and they have had a lot of game time. I think Davies will impeove but Roberts will not.
Alun, you said you can see why he is not in the Wales 22, before he was injured, he was in the Welsh Squad, Sam Davies is going to be a Welsh International in about 2 or 3 years time, yes he was poor tonight and he will learn from it, as for Roberts if you followed my posts you would see, I never wanted to sign him and wished he was gone Habberfield is much better and we've signed the ex NZer Leonard for next season, I just hope he is the one to leave and not Habs.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:00 pm

Nematode wrote:I've not seen much of Davies, but from what I've seen he'd be a better 15 than 10. 

Also, can any Ospreys supporters explain why Dirksen isn't starting recently? When I've seen him he's been lightning fast and physical.
Nematode, he has had a terrible knee injury and has to be managed very carefully, although there were a number of games off the bench, so if you are on the bench you are obviously fit to play, look at our prop today.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:03 pm

Just reminded myself of the Os injury list prior to this match:
Ashley Beck - Ankle
Rynier Bernardo - Knee
Andrew Bishop - Back
Cai Griffiths - Bicep
Jeff Hassler - Ligaments
Ross Jones - Ankle
Sam Parry - Ankle
Lloyd Peers - Ligaments
Nicky Smith - Pectoral muscle
De Kock Steenkamp - Achilles
Eli Walker - Cartilage

Add to that the likes of Webb and Biggar being withheld and I think that we were kind of lucky to play this Ospreys side when we did.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:25 pm

George Carlin wrote:Just reminded myself of the Os injury list prior to this match:
Ashley Beck - Ankle
Rynier Bernardo - Knee
Andrew Bishop - Back
Cai Griffiths - Bicep
Jeff Hassler - Ligaments
Ross Jones - Ankle
Sam Parry - Ankle
Lloyd Peers - Ligaments
Eli Walker - Cartilage

Add to that the likes of Webb and Biggar being withheld and I think that we were kind of lucky to play this Ospreys side when we did.
George your not wrong, and for someone who played there and to see how we've struggled at scrum time, when in the past we've had dominant scrums is hard to take, and a lot of the problems have been power based around our selected 2nd rows, we only have this Fijian and a load of youngsters at the moment, I would loved to have given one of them a chance for the whole game, and when we made a change we took off the 2nd row and replaced him with the youngster, what are the coaches thinking.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:29 pm

George Carlin wrote:Just reminded myself of the Os injury list prior to this match:
Ashley Beck - Ankle
Rynier Bernardo - Knee
Andrew Bishop - Back
Cai Griffiths - Bicep
Jeff Hassler - Ligaments
Ross Jones - Ankle
Sam Parry - Ankle
Lloyd Peers - Ligaments
Eli Walker - Cartilage

Stop being magnanimous. This is a Welsh side, bask in the smugness of victory!!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:41 am

quick reminder lads that there is 1 week between the semis and the final. Im not sure if this is due to it being a world cup year or rather a rejigging of the season (I think this was a bugbear of the LNR in the Heineken cup negotiations).

Whilst I agree in principle I think that pragmatically speaking having the venue known months in advance is a necessity

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:47 am

Standulstermen wrote:quick reminder lads that there is 1 week between the semis and the final. Im not sure if this is due to it being a world cup year or rather a rejigging of the season (I think this was a bugbear of the LNR in the Heineken cup negotiations).

Whilst I agree in principle I think that pragmatically speaking having the venue known months in advance is a necessity
I think I would be be pragmatic about it too, Stand, if I knew I was guaranteed a home final. Whistle
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:20 am

I have to say this is a stinker and has been an unnecessary boost to the Ulster team. And the fact it was announced mid season has make things even worse.

Is seeding based on table ranking or is it still based on play offs results? I wish there is still some kind of reward for finishing 1st rather than 2nd..

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:50 am

George Carlin wrote:
Standulstermen wrote:quick reminder lads that there is 1 week between the semis and the final. Im not sure if this is due to it being a world cup year or rather a rejigging of the season (I think this was a bugbear of the LNR in the Heineken cup negotiations).

I think I would be be pragmatic about it too, Stand, if I knew I was guaranteed a home final. Whistle

Here we are only guaranteed that if we make it. Ask any ulster fan if we believe we can win it and you will get a two letter answer. I'd much prefer we got the final in a year I feel we were genuinely competitive

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by alive555 Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:57 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:
Ashley Beck - Ankle
Rynier Bernardo - Knee
Andrew Bishop - Back
Cai Griffiths - Bicep
Jeff Hassler - Ligaments
Ross Jones - Ankle
Sam Parry - Ankle
Lloyd Peers - Ligaments
Eli Walker - Cartilage

id hazard a guess glasgows injured or not available would be significantly longer.

thats was glasgow b-/c team

alive555

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:28 pm

I'm not going to quote the actual posts, but yesterday I asked what did Quinlan say that was so disgusting, and there were a number of posts that said he had blamed a Nation for the incompetence (Scottish) for the Ospreys loss, YES he blamed the Scottish Touch Judge, but when asked if he was blaming ONLY Scottish officials he said NO, he said it should be ONE NATIONS officials at matches where different Nations teams are playing each other.
Let me just add I don't know which TJ gave that decision or who gave the Baldwin offside decision, he should be severely reprimanded, I said before this game when Scottish posters were slagging off Clancy that the same opinion is held by the majority on our board, also who was one of the TJs, Pratterson, the man is a total embarrassment and should be nowhere near this level of Rugby as I've said on many occasions.
PS, just watching it back and the TJ that gave the offside against Ardron was Pratterson.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:30 pm

Yes, Paterson is a donkey - you won't find too many Scottish posters who disagree with that. Oh for the days of Jim Fleming.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:49 pm

alive555 wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:
Ashley Beck - Ankle
Rynier Bernardo - Knee
Andrew Bishop - Back
Cai Griffiths - Bicep
Jeff Hassler - Ligaments
Ross Jones - Ankle
Sam Parry - Ankle
Lloyd Peers - Ligaments
Eli Walker - Cartilage

id hazard a guess glasgows injured or not available would be significantly longer.

thats was glasgow b-/c team

Typical rubbish like we've come to expect from you recently. Coincidentally, your fellow supporters happen to be whinging about the ref again on the Pro12 FB page. Not that I don't disagree with the complaints, but that isn't the point.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:53 pm

George Carlin wrote:Yes, Paterson is a donkey - you won't find too many Scottish posters who disagree with that. Oh for the days of Jim Fleming.
George, my earlier post has NOT got anything to do with sour grapes in any way, the BETTER team won, I think Glasgow were very fortunate not to have at least one player binned in the first half, IIRC the penalty count against them at H/T was about 10-2, I also believe Nakarawa should have seen yellow, going with those 2 wrong decisions, it could and should have been so different, but then again as I said last night I didn't expect any League points from this game and after the early injuries I thought we were in for a pasting, so to get a point and with a much better performance than last week is so encouraging.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next