The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February

+34
CurlyOsp
Pot Hale
malky1963
glamorganalun
A Simply Mesmeric Try
alive555
Breadvan
luvtotup
tigertattie
The Saint
bedfordwelsh
Majestic83
cp10
des
demosthenes
highland_scot
MacKnocked-on
cakeordeath
RuggerRadge2611
GLove39
Cambo
jimbopip
21st Century Schizoid Man
EST
wayne
Weegie Wizard
RDW
PenfroPete
VinceWLB
funnyExiledScot
BigGee
Nematode
IanBru
George Carlin
38 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February - Page 3 Empty Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February

Post by George Carlin Mon 16 Feb - 11:25

First topic message reminder :

Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February - Page 3 Glasgo12                 Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February - Page 3 Osprey10
Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys
Saturday 21 February 2015
KO 17:15
Scotstoun Stadium

Referee: George Clancy (Ireland)
Assistant referees: Andrew McMenemy (Scotland), Neil Paterson (Scotland)
Television match official: Jim Yuille (Scotland)
Assessor: Andy Clift (Scotland)

Live on Sky Sports

A. Teams:

Glasgow Warriors
Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February - Page 3 Tucker11
Peter Murchie; Niko Matawalu, Richie Vernon, Fraser Lyle, DTH van der Merwe; Peter Horne, Ali Price; Ryan Grant, Pat MacArthur, Rossouw de Klerk, Leone Nakarawa, Al Kellock (capt), James Eddie, Tyrone Holmes, Josh Strauss.

Replacements: Kevin Bryce, Alex Allan, Zander Fagerson, Fraser McKenzie ,Will Bordill, Connor Braid, Rory Hughes ,Glenn Bryce.

Ospreys
Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February - Page 3 Cather11
Dan Evans; Tom Grabham, Jonathan Spratt, Josh Matavesi, Dafydd Howells, Sam Davies, Martin Roberts, Ryan Bevington, Scott Baldwin, Aaron Jarvis, Tevita Cavubati, Tyler Ardron (Capt), James King, Justin Tipuric, Dan Baker.

Replacements: Scott Otten, Marc Thomas, Dmitri Arhip, Rory Thornton, Joe Bearman, Ieuan Jones, Tom Habberfield, Hanno Dirksen.

B. Form - head to head:

23 Played 23
10 Wins 11
11 Losses 10
2 Draws 2
41 Tries 53
28 Conversions 36
60 Penalties 54
1 Drop Goals 8
444 Points 523
25 Avg. Age 24

C. Form:

Fri 29 November 2013
Ospreys 16 - 28 Glasgow Warriors

Fri 28 March 2014
Glasgow Warriors 11 - 9 Ospreys

Last edited by George Carlin on Sat 21 Feb - 16:23; edited 4 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February - Page 3 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February

Post by luvtotup Fri 20 Feb - 14:20

Very nervous about this one- talk of a bonus point is a bit of an insult to Ospreys, they have some real quality players . Baker and Ardron are powerful dynamic units and Davies can really hurt us if we cough up penalties ( Clancy refereeing!).i will be over the moon to leave Scotstoun with a one point win.

luvtotup

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February - Page 3 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February

Post by Nematode Fri 20 Feb - 14:29

If you are offended by certain people, just block them or go to another site. There's not just 606v2.

Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February - Page 3 Tumblr_lqm0sy9aIi1qedszd

As far as I can see this is just a light-hearted place for people to discuss rugby and moan with others over signings, refs, styles of play - basically all things rugby.

Seriously though, if you think there's 'injustice' or don't like what's being said, get up, step outdoors and look around at the real world. Buy a newspaper, look at the conflict going on in the Middle East, Ukraine or Africa. Look even at our own wee country, it's in a right mess. Take the energy from complaining away from here and actually put it to use.

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Fri 20 Feb - 14:34

funnyExiledScot wrote:
The Saint wrote:What about Van der Merwe signing for Scarlets though?

Blow for Glasgow certainly - he's a very good player. I can only assume that the Scarlets were willing to pay more for his services, and then it comes down to value.

I'd quite like Messi and Ronaldo to sign for Everton, but it comes down to what you can afford and price. Clearly the Scarlets have found some money under the mattress, and he'll do well I think. Hopefully Glasgow can coax more from Rory Hughes next season, a player I rate, or find another hidden gem in the same way they did with DTH originally.

Was Barclay a Glasweigan? Maybe there's a trend emerging. I reckon Maitland will be next to go...

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Weegie Wizard Fri 20 Feb - 14:41

luvtotup wrote:Very nervous about this one- talk of a bonus point is a bit of an insult to Ospreys, they have some real quality players . Baker and Ardron are powerful dynamic units and Davies can really hurt us if we cough up penalties ( Clancy refereeing!).i will be over the moon to leave Scotstoun with a one point win.

I don't think I've seen that but whoever is responsible needs to stop immediately. As you say, any win will do absolutely fine. I will be even more delighted if Edinburgh and Scarlets can do both teams massive favours this weekend. The Scarlets certainly owe us one.

Weegie Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Fri 20 Feb - 14:50

See you all soon, think I might just

Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, 21 February - Page 3 How-i-plan-spending-december-21st-meme

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 20 Feb - 15:41

The Saint wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:
The Saint wrote:What about Van der Merwe signing for Scarlets though?

Blow for Glasgow certainly - he's a very good player. I can only assume that the Scarlets were willing to pay more for his services, and then it comes down to value.

I'd quite like Messi and Ronaldo to sign for Everton, but it comes down to what you can afford and price. Clearly the Scarlets have found some money under the mattress, and he'll do well I think. Hopefully Glasgow can coax more from Rory Hughes next season, a player I rate, or find another hidden gem in the same way they did with DTH originally.

Was Barclay a Glasweigan? Maybe there's a trend emerging. I reckon Maitland will be next to go...

Yeh, Maitland has already signed for London Irish.

The trend, as far as I can tell, is that good players can showcase their talents in a strong Glasgow side, and use that to gain better deals when they move to less good rugby teams. All that's missing from the Glasgow model is the collection of a transfer fee!!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Fri 20 Feb - 15:59

Aye this is quite a weak (ish) Glasgow team, particularly the front row where i hoped to see Cusack and/or Murray to take advantage of the O's weak scrum, as it is it is likely to be parity only.

I don't expect O's to be as crap 2 weeks in a row so there could be a lot of disappointed fans tomorrow after what was already a depressing week.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 20 Feb - 16:40

Glasgow should be fine provided they keep the tempo up. Whenever Edinburgh did that we did well, and Grayson Hart was instrumental. It's why I wanted Matawalu at 9, but by all accounts Ali Price is quick off the mark as well.

Sam Davies is another one to target. An exciting player but certainly not a conservative one, and against Edinburgh he ran down a couple of blind alleys. Holmes should be on a watching brief.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Fri 20 Feb - 18:00

PenfroPete wrote:Think top 2 is beyond us now. The lads that have had to fill in for the injured and the internationals have stuck manfully to the task, but I think it’s all catching up with them now (Witness last weekend !!)
Players are starting to return, so I see the remaining fixtures for the O’s panning out thus

Sat, 21 Feb  17:15   Glasgow Warriors (A) – LOSE (0 pts, 4 pts for Glasgow)  
Fri, 27 Feb  19:35   Leinster (H) – WIN (4pts, 1pt for Leinster)
Sat, 07 Mar  14:40   Munster (H) - WIN (4pts, 1pt for Munster)

POST 6 NATIONS

Sat, 28 Mar  19:15   Zebre Rugby (H) -  WIN (5pts, 0 pts for Zebre)
Fri, 10 Apr  20:35   Benetton Treviso (A) -  WIN (4pts, 1 pt for Treviso)
Sat, 25 Apr  14:30   Blues (Neutral) – LOSE (1pt, 4 pts for Blues)  
8/9/10 May  TBC   Glasgow Warriors (H) – LOSE (0pts, 4 for Glasgow)
15/16/17 May  TBC   Connacht (A) – WIN (4pts, 1 for Connacht)

So 5 wins and 22 points, from the last 8 games, gives 66 points. Over the last few seasons that would have equated to

2013 – 14 = 5th place
2012-13 = 4th Place
2011-12 = between 3rd and 4th
2010-11 = between 3rd and 4th

Will be touch and go just to get into the play-offs, to be honest

I'm going to quote a couple of posts individually, except for this one and the abuse contributions, Penfro I agree with your points analysis of the next 3 matches, we have IIRC very rarely brought a player back from long term injury into the starting lineup, and especially why would you do it with a player (Bevington), who has never been renowned as a scrummager, and as I've said on many occasions Jarvis is a better loosehead than tighthead, and yet again we have a natural back row player (Ardron) in the second row. WHY? Yet again we have 2 injury setbacks this week, one is important Ashley Beck broke a bone in his ankle and is out for a month or so, the other less so Ross Jones has also damaged his ankle when with the Welsh 7s squad, and is also out for quite a while, I would have preferred Habberfield to Roberts at scrum half, as I've NEVER rated Roberts, our back row, if Baker is back to his pre autumn injury form is quite a handful, some Welsh on here don't rate King, for me he does ALL the jobs a 6 should do to a reasonable standard and his line out work is excellent, Glasgow fans I can see a lot of our line out ball going to him and Tipuric, Penfro as I said I agree with your analysis of the other 2 games in this block, if the Dregs can beat Lienster out there with the same sort of players missing, we should be able to at home. This might come back to bite me especially off the Saint.
As for the run in I disagree, we'll have our Internationals back and a few first choice squad players back as well from injury, I don't anticipate losing a single game especially against the Blues on Judgement Day.
I take NOTHING back in what I said about that oaf, what actually did Biggar do to deserve that diatribe, I said it in a different topic, from where Dan kicked that ball and where Dan took it in the air, Finn Russell was a LOT nearer the ball than Dan at the outset, and he took IMO the stupid option of waiting for it to drop when he could also have jumped and all the subsequent flak could and should have been avoided. As for Dan asking for a red card, if it had been me and I believe the majority if they had been honest, they would have done the same. The reason I say this is practically the same thing happened in the same game last year and said player was given a straight red, it was IMO a totally unnecessary action, and as I said in that other topic he deserved a yellow, and I was pleased it was cited, as an independent panel could then look at it, I disagreed with the panels decision, IMO the yellow was enough, as for Cambro's response I thought it was very measured, I'm not interested whether there is any history between them two, Dan Biggar didn't deserve that, as for Rhys Webb yes he did deserve a yellow, but then again IMO Jonathan Davies didn't, he was pushed into the Scottish player by Lamont.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Fri 20 Feb - 18:08

Majestic83 wrote:Is that a similar ospreys team that was put out against Edinburgh last week?
Majestic, there are about 5 or 6 definite changes with a couple either coming off the bench or moving position, some weaken some facets of play, yet improve others, the scrum is not improved much or at all.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Fri 20 Feb - 18:23

Finally, Glasgow fans you run Clancy down, you want to go on our Forum and you'll see exactly the same, our opinion is that we have NO chance with him in charge, and then you add in that Pratterson is running the line, and TOTAL CHAOS could ensue, let's hope the other touch judge is made of sterner stuff and can do the kind of job Nigel Owen did, when Pratterson reffed our game against Ulster.
We'll all have ready made excuses whatever the result:D

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Fri 20 Feb - 18:53

Evening all - the mod stuff has all been said above. If you think a post urinates on house rules, then report it and block the poster or we cannot do much to help you. Come on guys - da roolz is da roolz.

Am nervous about this game. Am very proud of having won the past 15 at home but if that record is going to be snapped it will to the side we're facing tomorrow night. That Glasgow side won't have any sort of fluency - the combos are unconventional and having announced DTH going may have upset the team. If we win 6-3 I'll be delighted.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Fri 20 Feb - 19:00

George Carlin wrote:Evening all - the mod stuff has all been said above. If you think a post urinates on house rules, then report it and block the poster or we cannot do much to help you. Come on guys - da roolz is da roolz.

Am nervous about this game. Am very proud of having won the past 15 at home but if that record is going to be snapped it will to the side we're facing tomorrow night. That Glasgow side won't have any sort of fluency - the combos are unconventional and having announced DTH going may have upset the team. If we win 6-3 I'll be delighted.
For the result George, I'd be happy with that as we'll get one more League point than i envisage.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Fri 20 Feb - 20:22

Decent set of fowards for the Os. Bar the locks, our first choice set tbh. We desperatly need an away win against a top side to get our season back on track and restore some confidence. Glad to see Baker back..
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Sat 21 Feb - 8:53

WAYNE - there's not a lot of rational/logical thinking behind my saying we'll lose those games after the 6 Nations apart from :-

Blues - surely to god they've got one decent game in them between now and the end of the season. The law of the sod states it will be against us  Rolling Eyes
Glasgow - bogey side, 6 loses of the bounce. Haven't beaten them since March 2011 Shocked
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sat 21 Feb - 10:48

PenfroPete wrote:WAYNE - there's not a lot of rational/logical thinking behind my saying we'll lose those games after the 6 Nations apart from :-

Blues - surely to god they've got one decent game in them between now and the end of the season. The law of the sod states it will be against us  Rolling Eyes
Glasgow - bogey side, 6 loses of the bounce. Haven't beaten them since March 2011 Shocked
Pete I understand and respect your reasoning, my thinking is also a hope and a prayer.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sat 21 Feb - 10:55

Breadvan wrote:Decent set of fowards for the Os. Bar the locks, our first choice set tbh. We desperatly need an away win against a top side to get our season back on track and restore some confidence. Glad to see Baker back..
Breadvan, I don't know how often you watch us, but do you think a front 3 of Smith Baldwin and Arhip a lot stronger than this selected, or even Jarvis at loosehead much stronger scrummaging wise than selected and if proper second rows were selected it would allow Ardron into the 6 position, he has really been outstanding since Baker has been injured, and even though IMO King is good in that position, Ardron would be better.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 21 Feb - 11:42

Morning all, Mrs Pip thought she had snookered me by agreeing to meet friends, plus their children, for lunch and cinema WHILE the Glasgow-O's game is on. I have cunningly outflanked her. We're going to see the Rob Harley movie.
He's big, he's a hero, he's a number 6.
Big Hero 6, the Rob Harley story. I can't wait to see their faces when they realise. Very Happy

p.s. Justice for the Finnoccent One.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by alive555 Sat 21 Feb - 17:12

Anyone got link ? Thx

alive555

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Sat 21 Feb - 17:32

Trrrryyyyyy

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Sat 21 Feb - 17:33

alive555 wrote:Anyone got link ? Thx

Sent you one, just in time to see a great try!
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sat 21 Feb - 17:33

Wee Pea gets a try!

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by alive555 Sat 21 Feb - 17:34

A Simply Mesmeric Try wrote:
alive555 wrote:Anyone got link ? Thx

Sent you one, just in time to see a great try!

Thank u

alive555

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Sat 21 Feb - 17:36

Capt Kellock is looking sharp today Cool
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 21 Feb - 17:36

Rubbish start by a half hearted Ospreys Glasgow seem to be offside much of the time.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 21 Feb - 17:41

Sam Davies is looking poor need to get him off

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sat 21 Feb - 17:48

Wow, Matawalu releasing his inner Lomu there!

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Sat 21 Feb - 17:49

Niko, you wee legend!
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Sat 21 Feb - 17:49

Clancy doing his best to help the Ospreys

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Sat 21 Feb - 17:52

I will miss Niko next season Sad

Worried about the Glasgow penalty count... 7 to 1 so far. Clownshoes is doing his usual best to ruin the fun.
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Sat 21 Feb - 17:53

Haters gonna hate.

Clancys gonna... clance?
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sat 21 Feb - 17:54

Can't wait to see George at Murrayfield next weekend Rolling Eyes

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Sat 21 Feb - 17:55

IanBru wrote:Haters gonna hate.

Clancys gonna... clance?

Yeah, you know what your gonna get with Clownshoes.
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Sat 21 Feb - 17:58

OUCH! That looked sore. Poor Tyrone, he's just got fit again after his eye socket fracture.

Bordill on.
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 21 Feb - 18:05

Not the best game in the World

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sat 21 Feb - 18:15

cakeordeath wrote:Clancy doing his best to help the Ospreys
If you didn't infringe you wouldn't get pinged, how one of yours hasn't been binned I just don't know, oh yes Clancy keeping you in it.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 21 Feb - 18:20

Roberts rubbish again just kicking the ball away time and time again.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 21 Feb - 18:23

This ref is ignoring the glasgow plays obstucting the dcrum half also the game is being killed by player not supporting their own weight

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sat 21 Feb - 18:29

glamorganalun wrote:Roberts rubbish again just kicking the ball away time and time again.
Yes Alun and he is so slow passing the ball away from ruck and maul, why we signed him I'll never know

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 21 Feb - 18:31

Why did nobody Grabham? picard
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 21 Feb - 18:31

Good try

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sat 21 Feb - 18:32

George Carlin wrote:Why did nobody Grabham? picard

Laugh

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sat 21 Feb - 18:33

Wonderful try for Grabham

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 21 Feb - 18:37

Must go for corner the kick is a hard one

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 21 Feb - 18:39

13-16: asbestos underpants time.

Will be fairly devastating to lose this, but it was predicted by some of us (me, at least).
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sat 21 Feb - 18:40

Nakarawa or whatever is name his should have had a 10 minute rest for that secondary head butt.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 21 Feb - 18:43

Kick kick kick and poorly by the Ospreys

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by malky1963 Sat 21 Feb - 18:45

wayne wrote:Nakarawa or whatever is name his should have had a 10 minute rest for that secondary head butt.

Oh please - don't be ridiculous - there was no 'head butt'

malky1963

Back to top Go down

Post by malky1963 Sat 21 Feb - 18:46

Clancy misses a blatant knock on

malky1963

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sat 21 Feb - 18:49

malky1963 wrote:
wayne wrote:Nakarawa or whatever is name his should have had a 10 minute rest for that secondary head butt.

Oh please - don't be ridiculous - there was no 'head butt'
Open your other eye you might see something other than your team

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next