The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Groves v froch II

+32
Seanusarrilius
Rodney
rycoys
88Chris05
Mr Bounce
Boxtthis
JabMachineMK2
milkyboy
Fernando
BoxingFan88
Izzi
Duty281
ShahenshahG
AlexHuckerby
OasisBFC
Steffan
KC
hampo17
Hammersmith harrier
owen10ozzy
tunes666
Lumbering_Jack
TopHat24/7
John Bloody Wayne
KingMonkey
Mayweathers cellmate
Valero's Conscience
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
catchweight
hogey
mobilemaster8
titaniumjaw
36 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Groves  v froch II - Page 6 Empty Groves v froch II

Post by titaniumjaw Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

Was fortunate to meet tony bellew tonight I asked him what he thought about the fight and he said there was nothing wrong with the refs decision and that another 10 secs would have seen a ko. He hunted also that the second fight is pretty much signed for next June/ July as he's fighting on the undercard happy days

titaniumjaw

Back to top Go down

Groves  v froch II - Page 6 Empty Re: Groves v froch II

Post by owen10ozzy Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:40 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Froch is big enough to move up but he makes 168lbs so comfortably there is no need to, for me it comes to natural strength, both Froch and Groves are immensely strong at the weight, I don't think Golovkin would be.

Golovkin has shown his skills against a pretty poor standard of opponent if we're honest and the simple reality is he hasn't produced a performance as good as Groves against Froch. As far as I can see Groves punches harder, GGG isn't really a devastating puncher, he's hurtful with every punch but he's not the one punch KO type so think he could struggle facing better and bigger opposition.

I wouldn't say Macklin is poor...ok he is no Froch but he wasn't blown away by the likes of Martinez & Sturm in his previous world title attempts..yet was destroyed by GGG. Do you honestly think Groves punches harder than GGG?! Isn't a devastating puncher...think Macklin & Ishida (a guy who had never been stopped and been in with Kirkland, regarded as one of the biggest punchers in boxing) would argue otherwise.

Also even if it's a case of being hurtful with every shot surely that's more dangerous for Froch. Given everyone said that Groves lost steam in his punches from the 5th onwards...I would worry what would happen if it was GGG, a guy who you said is hurtful with every punch, landing those shots over the course of 9 rounds!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:45 pm

Kirkland didn't land anything on Ishida, the fight was over before he had a chance. It's easy to look devastating beating crap Owen, it's harder to look devastating at world level.

The thing is I don't think Golovkin has the skill to land as much as Groves and would be taking a fair bit more in return, I just don't see Froch having to much to worry about personally, he doesn't have the kryptonite of speed.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:05 pm

So now your calling Macklin crap?..I get the fact Froch has fought better opposition but lets not pretend he has had it all his own way. He was outclassed by Ward, made to look fairly amateur before stopping Taylor & Groves, was beaten by Kessler first time out and given problems 2nd time around...a guy who lets not start pretending is a classy boxer or anything (GGG has better boxing skills than Kessler IMO).

GGG has never been put down in over 375 fights amateur or professional...he has pedigree at the former as being very handy and is proving to have at least some pedigree professionally so far.

At this stage I just question what Froch has left in the tank; not enough to keep Golovkin at bay in my opinion.

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:15 pm

Macklin being the best that Golovkin has faced says it all really Owen, he's a decent operator but nothing more than that. Froch has lost to Ward and Kessler but both of them are proven at a far higher level than Golovkin, let's not start pretending that GGG is anything other than potential at this point he's proven absolutely nothing at world level.

Personally think being stronger, bigger and having a 5" reach advantage will be more than enough to keep him at bay, everybody assumes he'll be a big hitter at 168lbs, just look how that panned out for Abraham.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:34 am

KingMonkey wrote:*frog marches off to another site*
Don't you mean "goose steps"?

Anyway, look for Froch to make an annoucement that he's tried keeping his cool over this but the amount of abuse he's been receiving after a clear cut, controversy-free win has forced his hand and he's willing to step back in with Groves and set the record straight because...that's what a warrior does. They set the record straight, the don't keep going on about being a Warrior because that would be like being a broken record and we're talking about setting records straight not records being broken...I don't mean breaking records even though that's what warriors do, I mean warriors aren't broken records, they set records straight...in the trenches, I forgot to mention that, they draw lines in the sand, in trenches, take people into deep water and set the record straight. So that's what going to happen because as a Warrior, it's the right thing to do, it's the ONLY thing to do so that's what's going to be done.....Andre Ward? Well, he's not a Warrior because he doesn't want to set the record straight...yeah, I know the record says "Ward kicked Froch's butt" but a warrior should be setting records straight which is what I want to do and he doesn't becasue he's not a warrior like what I am.

Anyway, I hoping the official announcement is a lot less Froch-y

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:16 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
KingMonkey wrote:*frog marches off to another site*
Don't you mean "goose steps"?

Anyway, look for Froch to make an annoucement that he's tried keeping his cool over this but the amount of abuse he's been receiving after a clear cut, controversy-free win has forced his hand and he's willing to step back in with Groves and set the record straight because...that's what a warrior does. They set the record straight, the don't keep going on about being a Warrior because that would be like being a broken record and we're talking about setting records straight not records being broken...I don't mean breaking records even though that's what warriors do, I mean warriors aren't broken records, they set records straight...in the trenches, I forgot to mention that, they draw lines in the sand, in trenches, take people into deep water and set the record straight. So that's what going to happen because as a Warrior, it's the right thing to do, it's the ONLY thing to do so that's what's going to be done.....Andre Ward? Well, he's not a Warrior because he doesn't want to set the record straight...yeah, I know the record says "Ward kicked Froch's butt" but a warrior should be setting records straight which is what I want to do and he doesn't becasue he's not a warrior like what I am.

Anyway, I hoping the official announcement is a lot less Froch-y

Not enough about taking grown men in the trenches.

Should have a sweepstake on how many times he mentions warrior/trenches during the presser announcement (if it gets made). Winner gets to ban their least favourite poster for a day.

I'll go for 24 and nominate Hampo.

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:23 pm

I'll for 19 and nominate Hammersmith...

Not a slight on him mind, I just find I actually argue/debate with him the most on here (starting to think he just looks for my posts during the day) and it's resulting in me being on here far more than I should! I want some of my life back...so Hammersmith, you have to go I'm afraid!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:48 pm

I'll go for 17 and nominate Fouth Lion...his habit of applying logic and reason to any debate is beginning to get right on my bloody nerves.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:12 pm

I'll go for 65 and vote for Haz, no specific reason.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:19 pm

Doesn't look like this fight is happening! ...Spencer Fearon and a few others tweeting that Froch vs Ward is set for June!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:14 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:Doesn't look like this fight is happening! ...Spencer Fearon and a few others tweeting that Froch vs Ward is set for June!

At least when Froch drops him for the count in round 11 this whole ginger kid rubbish will be forgotten Smile

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:22 pm

Izzi wrote:
owen10ozzy wrote:Doesn't look like this fight is happening! ...Spencer Fearon and a few others tweeting that Froch vs Ward is set for June!

At least when Froch drops him for the count in round 11 this whole ginger kid rubbish will be forgotten Smile

Is he going to trip ward with his nose?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:24 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
Izzi wrote:

Is he going to trip ward with his nose?

Was seeing it more along the lines of Ward covering his ears from Frochs missus incessant shouting and taking one straight down the chute.

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:27 pm

Then again she'd be a less biased referee than some

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:30 pm

Does anyone seriously want to see Ward v Froch again? Ward should get off his ass and move up a division where there are fights for him if he is willing to make an effort and Froch should live up to his "warrior" reputation and give Groves a rematch.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:33 pm

Agree entirely.

Not sure if promotional issues are still to blame, but Ward could go down a great but he's letting his career fall to the wayside through lack of ambition right now.

Clean up SMW and LHW, with some half decent fights in each division, and retire unbeaten as well as Olympic Gold medallist.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:39 pm

Froch v Ward II is possibly one of the most pointless rematches of all time. It would be like Floyd and Guerrero stepping back into the ring together.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:44 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Agree entirely.

Not sure if promotional issues are still to blame, but Ward could go down a great but he's letting his career fall to the wayside through lack of ambition right now.

Clean up SMW and LHW, with some half decent fights in each division, and retire unbeaten as well as Olympic Gold medallist.

Agreed again,

Ward is at risk of becoming Mayweather Number II (awaits Truss to come tear my post apart). He has plenty of fights above and below him which he ought to be looking at. I'm sick of hearing 'why should they go weight hopping to secure a legacy'...I could buy into that when there 8 divisions separated by very large amounts in lbs...that is no longer the case. GGG & Martinez could & probably would come up to Super-Middle if the money was there...and Stevenson was a former Super-Middle so don't believe he would hold huge weight advantages over Ward should the American go up.

At the end of the day within 8lbs of him is:

GGG
Martinez
Kovalev
Stevenson
Hopkins

That's not including Cotto, Alvarez & Chavez JR (not saying they are particularly worthy but it's an alternative to beating up someone for a 2nd time)

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6