The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joe Schmidt Irelands new coach???

+32
Don Alfonso
kiakahaaotearoa
wolfball
Gibson
Gretgael1
The Great Aukster
Notch
asoreleftshoulder
brennomac
Golden
Mickado
Hookisms and Hyperbole
Thomond
ME-109
geoff998rugby
GoodinTightSpaces
rodders
GunsGerms
Sin é
George Carlin
RubyGuby
Nathan's Hind
red_stag
pete (buachaill on eirne)
SecretFly
wales606
mankiaow
profitius
littlejohn
majesticimperialman
marty2086
Ledge the ledgebag
36 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Joe Schmidt Irelands new coach??? - Page 6 Empty Joe Schmidt Irelands new coach???

Post by Ledge the ledgebag Sat 06 Apr 2013, 5:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well Joe has now said he would be interested in what the irfu have to say,IF, leinster release him. He sounds quiet keen. He is now the bookies favourite at 8/15. Interestingly enough, Paddy Power closed all bets on who is to become the next Ireland coach today for a few hours as a large number of people had decided to bet on Joe Schmidt. ?????????

Ledge the ledgebag

Back to top Go down

Joe Schmidt Irelands new coach??? - Page 6 Empty Re: Joe Schmidt Irelands new coach???

Post by RubyGuby Thu 25 Apr 2013, 3:41 pm

What happened to "Together standing Tall" Fly??

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Joe Schmidt Irelands new coach??? - Page 6 Empty Re: Joe Schmidt Irelands new coach???

Post by SecretFly Thu 25 Apr 2013, 3:43 pm

I thought we sold it to the Alaskan Rugby Union?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 25 Apr 2013, 3:44 pm

RubyGuby wrote:What happened to "Together standing Tall" Fly??

It went out of vogue once people realised only Ulstermen stood up drumroll
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 25 Apr 2013, 3:45 pm

Stringer used to stand up but no one noticed thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 25 Apr 2013, 3:47 pm

Yeah, those Ulster guys are a horny bunch of men, sure enough.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 25 Apr 2013, 3:50 pm

RubyGuby wrote:Stringer used to stand up but no one noticed thumbsup

Big Paulie did. Nobody was picking on Mini Me when Dr Evil was around.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 25 Apr 2013, 3:52 pm

I just can't think of something to rhyme with Schmidt when Ireland start losing, I mean keep losing Run

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 25 Apr 2013, 4:14 pm

Wonder how long before some Munster head posts up a Schmidt clock website.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfball Thu 25 Apr 2013, 4:16 pm

GunsGerms wrote:Wonder how long before some Munster head posts up a Schmidt clock website.

Love it. Schmidt out! Ireland have won no games with him in charge!

wolfball

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 25 Apr 2013, 4:17 pm

Sin é wrote:They turn on everyone .....

Not like those Munster fans- Kidney gets carte blanche until the end but Schmidt has to win big in his first 12 months. A patient and balanced perspective! Whistle

It will take time. I'd say he'll have a completely different approach to Kidney and there will be a few hiccups in the Autumn series win, lose or draw. You don't overhaul a teams game overnight. Thats why I stood by Kidney when he started trying to bring the teams tactics into transition initially and we went downhill for a bit- i guess his fate was sealed once everybody realised we weren't really transitioning to anything.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 25 Apr 2013, 4:18 pm

wolfball wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:Wonder how long before some Munster head posts up a Schmidt clock website.

Love it. Schmidt out! Ireland have won no games with him in charge!

Exactly, what has he every done in International management.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 25 Apr 2013, 4:56 pm

Notch wrote:

Not like those Munster fans- Kidney gets carte blanche until the end but Schmidt has to win big in his first 12 months. A patient and balanced perspective! Whistle

It will take time. I'd say he'll have a completely different approach to Kidney and there will be a few hiccups in the Autumn series win, lose or draw. You don't overhaul a teams game overnight. Thats why I stood by Kidney when he started trying to bring the teams tactics into transition initially and we went downhill for a bit- i guess his fate was sealed once everybody realised we weren't really transitioning to anything.

Why shouldn't he win big in the next 12 months? He has got the players - the only problem apparently is the coaching! 12 months is plenty of time to sort out the coaching & tactics with the players he has got at his disposal Wink

edit: 12 months refers to a season, so he has until after the summer Tour in 2014. He want to be winning 2/3 in the autumn, and 4/5 in the 6Ns - a championship (I don't expect a grand slam bearing in mind that Schmidt coached Leinster usually struggle when playing Ospreys, so may struggle against Wales.

Last edited by Sin é on Thu 25 Apr 2013, 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 25 Apr 2013, 5:03 pm

RubyGuby wrote:Stringer used to stand up but no one noticed thumbsup

Its quite the fashion to slag Strings stature!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWqlC_yQL_M
Very Happy

Also POC having a fight with a 2 year old in a shop!
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 25 Apr 2013, 5:22 pm

Sin é wrote:
Notch wrote:

Why shouldn't he win big in the next 12 months? He has got the players - the only problem apparently is the coaching! 12 months is plenty of time to sort out the coaching & tactics with the players he has got at his disposal Wink

edit: 12 months refers to a season, so he has until after the summer Tour in 2014. He want to be winning 2/3 in the autumn, and 4/5 in the 6Ns - a championship (I don't expect a grand slam bearing in mind that Schmidt coached Leinster usually struggle when playing Ospreys, so may struggle against Wales.

Schmidt will have more that 12 months. Two years to the next WC cant see Schmidt being replaced between now and then if he gets the job.

I agree though that we do have the players to perform much better than we have been.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Thu 25 Apr 2013, 5:41 pm

RubyGuby wrote:I just can't think of something to rhyme with Schmidt when Ireland start losing, I mean keep losing Run

Up Schmidt creek!
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Thu 25 Apr 2013, 11:35 pm

RubyGuby wrote:I just can't think of something to rhyme with Schmidt when Ireland start losing, I mean keep losing Run

I can think of a few things for when we start winning. Yahoo

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by dublin_dave Fri 26 Apr 2013, 4:12 pm

i expect a considerable improvement in the first 12 months of his tenure (should he get the job) and i also think we will see it. We cannot get much worse to be fair

Keeping things going will be the challenge especially with BOD and POC approaching retirement.

dublin_dave

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 26 Apr 2013, 4:39 pm

I think he'll more fully address the truth, in consultation with all Provinical coaches, that a combined effort of trying to push a more centrally recogniseable style Nationwide will not only assist him in his attempts to fill fifteen spots on an International side, but that it will also give serious impetus to Provincial sides themselves.

For if Ireland excels playing a brand that is effective and aggressive in attacking intent, then Provincials will have a bounce in their step and fringe players will have real ambitions to be part of it.... and play with an intensity to put their hands up.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Fri 26 Apr 2013, 5:48 pm

SecretFly wrote:I think he'll more fully address the truth, in consultation with all Provinical coaches, that a combined effort of trying to push a more centrally recogniseable style Nationwide will not only assist him in his attempts to fill fifteen spots on an International side, but that it will also give serious impetus to Provincial sides themselves.

For if Ireland excels playing a brand that is effective and aggressive in attacking intent, then Provincials will have a bounce in their step and fringe players will have real ambitions to be part of it.... and play with an intensity to put their hands up.

They're hiring someone to oversee Irish rugby, some kind of director of rugby. Maybe the new man will be the man to do that. In any case I think all the provinces are heading that way, even Munster are changing.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 29 Apr 2013, 12:21 pm

Confirmed by the IRFU on twitter- Joe Schmidt new Ireland coach. Press conference at 4pm.

https://twitter.com/irfurugby
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Mon 29 Apr 2013, 12:30 pm

You absolute beauty,watch out world Yahoo

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 29 Apr 2013, 12:30 pm

Delighted, best coach around. Good man Joe thumbsup guinness
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon 29 Apr 2013, 12:32 pm

Class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 29 Apr 2013, 12:35 pm

I'm not convinced. I think it was a rushed decision that might come back and haunt us.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Mon 29 Apr 2013, 12:35 pm

Brilliant Yahoo

Will the rest of the coaching ticket be announced today?

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 29 Apr 2013, 1:01 pm

Very good choice. I don't think that it was a rushed one.

Why fanny around flying people over when you have a hugely suggessful coach who knows all of the young Irish players right under your nose?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 29 Apr 2013, 1:11 pm

SecretFly wrote:I'm not convinced. I think it was a rushed decision that might come back and haunt us.

Maybe so fly but they've got the right man, even if its the wrong circumstances.

Delighted its a 3 year deal as well. People need to be patient, Joe has a lot of work to do and it will take time for him to get us on the right track I think.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 29 Apr 2013, 1:20 pm

Excellent choice by Ireland.

I wish Scotland could get a coach with even half the abilities of Schmidt.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 29 Apr 2013, 1:30 pm

rodders wrote:
SecretFly wrote:I'm not convinced. I think it was a rushed decision that might come back and haunt us.

Maybe so fly but they've got the right man, even if its the wrong circumstances.

Delighted its a 3 year deal as well. People need to be patient, Joe has a lot of work to do and it will take time for him to get us on the right track I think.

I think he should only be given about four months. We can't afford to hang around if he isn't the right guy. Four months should tell us if he's suited to us.... then we should look again, there's a world cup coming up. You can't fool around too long with a reasonably successful club coach who has no interational experience.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 29 Apr 2013, 1:32 pm

Four months time is August. You expect us to make a decision on Schmidts credentials for RWC 2015 by AUGUST???
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 29 Apr 2013, 1:34 pm

Can't hang around Red.... we've wasted too much time already. If he isn't right by August, we should seriously open the book again and see who might be interested then. Got to be ruthless.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 29 Apr 2013, 1:37 pm

SecretFly wrote:Can't hang around Red.... we've wasted too much time already. If he isn't right by August, we should seriously open the book again and see who might be interested then. Got to be ruthless.

Joe Schmidt Irelands new coach??? - Page 6 219_fi10

Wink
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 29 Apr 2013, 1:39 pm

SecretFly wrote:Can't hang around Red.... we've wasted too much time already. If he isn't right by August, we should seriously open the book again and see who might be interested then. Got to be ruthless.

Are you being serious?? Why on earth would Schmidt agree to that?

You are kidding aren't you?

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Mon 29 Apr 2013, 1:40 pm

I think Pete is right, somebody is fishing. Wink

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 29 Apr 2013, 1:40 pm

Back up the truck chaps, he doesn't take charge until september and you guys want to sack him by August!

Tough crowd.....
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 29 Apr 2013, 1:41 pm

Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:

Wink

I didn't expect to catch a fish but I was amazed when someone bit...so I carried it on to see if it was me being serious...or them! Laugh

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 29 Apr 2013, 1:41 pm

Think he's taking the pish.

It's not even confirmed it JS will take the North American tour so he could have zero games as Irish coach by August.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 29 Apr 2013, 1:43 pm

Kiss is still taking the North America tour.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 29 Apr 2013, 1:49 pm

SecretFly wrote:
Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:

Wink

I didn't expect to catch a fish but I was amazed when someone bit...so I carried it on to see if it was me being serious...or them! Laugh

clap

Have to admit I was surprised at a couple of the bites you got.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 29 Apr 2013, 1:54 pm

Haters gonna hate.

#Justice4Joe
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 29 Apr 2013, 2:06 pm

rodders wrote:Kiss is still taking the North America tour.

That'll be the Kiss of death then thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 29 Apr 2013, 7:15 pm

One Giant step for Irish Rugby, one large step back for Leinster Rugby. Mixed emotions.

I will start supporting Ireland again with more relish. I just lost a bit of Faith in the whole deal with yerman in charge.

Now we can Believe again. As one.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 29 Apr 2013, 7:51 pm

Sorry Gibbo your banned from supporting us.

We didnt get your support in the dark days with Kidney. You'll scurry back now that Schmidt is in charge.

red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Mon 29 Apr 2013, 8:03 pm

All hail the messiah....

Only man for the job really. By the sound of his press conference this could be hilarious. Regardless its an astute bit of timing by Joe. He took over one team at the top and is now leaving them with the writing on the wall. Lets see how he does with a team he has to build himself...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 29 Apr 2013, 8:11 pm

red_stag wrote:Sorry Gibbo your banned from supporting us.

We didnt get your support in the dark days with Kidney. You'll scurry back now that Schmidt is in charge.

Ja, too roysh! May even go to a game or two with yerself now. We may even experience some of yer actual rugby, after 5 dreadful years. Be great for Munster fans too... they haven't seen rugby being played since their inception. kiss
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 29 Apr 2013, 10:49 pm

Gibson resurfaces from underneath a rock just outside Amsterdam and gives us Munster fans abuse. Thank god there's no permanent damage to those ever greying cells. Meet me in Sneem for a pint and a potato to watch the Lions. You can bring the Advocaat and I don't mean Dick thumbsup Leprechaun

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6