The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The unofficial "No-one cares about Crawley Town" thread

+15
Fernando
BlueCoverman
CFCNick
Dolphin Ziggler
goldwolf
Gregers
Tommy_606
davidl1061
Bull
GSC
Blade
Good Golly I'm Olly
cherriesfna
NickisBHAFC
Marky
19 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The unofficial "No-one cares about Crawley Town" thread - Page 7 Empty The unofficial "No-one cares about Crawley Town" thread

Post by Marky Sun 23 Dec 2012, 11:13 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi.

The Crawley Town thread, for all things loosely and tediously linked to Crawley Town FC.

"We're going down, I'm yelling timber..."

Last edited by Marky on Sun 25 Jan 2015, 10:18 am; edited 2 times in total

Marky

Back to top Go down

The unofficial "No-one cares about Crawley Town" thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The unofficial "No-one cares about Crawley Town" thread

Post by Marky Thu 06 Mar 2014, 10:11 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:More importantly how the Frak did Matt Tubbs miss a pen!!!

Because he thought he'd be clever and smash it down the middle, only for it to hit the keeper's legs Laugh

(I only laugh about it now because he made amends)

Marky

Back to top Go down

The unofficial "No-one cares about Crawley Town" thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The unofficial "No-one cares about Crawley Town" thread

Post by Marky Fri 07 Mar 2014, 10:45 pm

Gillingham away tomorrow, hoping the rip roaring reds can keep their unbeaten run going.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 09 Mar 2014, 12:12 pm

oops

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 10 Mar 2014, 9:24 pm

Not really an oops, teams lose unexpectedly all the time.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 10 Mar 2014, 9:53 pm

True. Can't believe you only took just over 300 fans to Gillingham! Its only up the road, use to be our home games!!!! Laughable!!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 10 Mar 2014, 10:19 pm

Not biting. We have a small fanbase, I don't know what makes you think we'll magic up hundreds more just because its Gillingham. 300 is 10% of our 3000 average home fans attendance. Taking 10% of your home support to an away game isn't bad.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 10 Mar 2014, 10:21 pm

Should be taking 1000 to Gillingham its only up the road.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 10 Mar 2014, 10:30 pm

Cmon marky we all know Crawley should be magicing fans out of nowhere jeeeesus
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 10 Mar 2014, 10:34 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Should be taking 1000 to Gillingham its only up the road.

Its also a proper dump.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 11 Mar 2014, 3:41 pm

Must admit, of all the areas i have been to. Gillingham is worse. Slighty worser than Palace. That being said i haven't been to Luton and everyone describes that as the worst place of them all!

Still should be taking 1000 fans to Gillingham.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Tue 11 Mar 2014, 3:43 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Must admit, of all the areas i have been to. Gillingham is worse. Slighty worser than Palace. That being said i haven't been to Luton and everyone describes that as the worst place of them all!

Still should be taking 1000 fans to Gillingham.

Bedfordshire is a shiithole. Luton is the shiitiest part of it.

Just the fact that Luton is in the same county makes a little bit prouder of living in Bedford.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 11 Mar 2014, 6:28 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Still should be taking 1000 fans to Gillingham.

I gave you logical, valid reasons as to why not. You're just being ignorant now.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 11 Mar 2014, 11:26 pm

Can't beat Shrewsbury? Bit worrying. 

Still should take 1000 fans to Gillingham.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 12 Mar 2014, 6:38 pm

Dominated the first half, only scored one goal. Shrewsbury equalise out of nothing second half and they probably should have beaten us, if it wasn't for a last minute clearance off the line from Kyle McFadzean they would have. Played poorly and drew away from home, so not disastrous.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Wed 12 Mar 2014, 9:56 pm

Next up for Crawley is a home game on Saturday against my team Colchester. Sat through a fairly dismal performance by us last night against Bradford and we managed to conspire to lose 2-0 against a side that hasn't won away since November. The Bradford fans quite rightly enjoyed their victory and having to listen to them sing "How sh!t must you be when we win away" hardly helped the home fans mood. The home stand was at least gracious enough to applaud Phil Parkinson at the end, memories of the time he took us to the Championship are still not that distant.

It's been a bad run for us since returning to action after nearly a month without playing because of the bad weather. Only 5 points out of a possible 24 since the restart has seen us drop to 17th on 39 points and hovering uncomfortably just above the relegation zone.

Crawley sit one place above us on 40 points. Any thoughts on the upcoming match Marky?

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 13 Mar 2014, 7:18 am

With all respect we're looking at this game as one we should win. Although our last home game was against Stevenage and we got an injury time equaliser to draw 1-1 with them! Our league position is due to the amount of games in hand we have, win a couple of those and we're comfortably mid table. If I were a gambler I wouldn't touch us as we're too inconsistent Laugh

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Thu 13 Mar 2014, 9:00 am

Yes agreed your league position is false with all the games in hand. I make you right I think you are favourites for this one, our lack of goals is becoming more than a worry. Would be very happy if we come back to Essex with a point.

Working Saturday so won't be at the match unfortunately, enjoy the game  OK

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 13 Mar 2014, 9:42 am

Tuesday's game against Wolves sold out. Mainly because they're bringing 2000 or so!

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 13 Mar 2014, 9:43 am

I'm also working Saturday (and Tuesday) so no football for me short term.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 18 Mar 2014, 9:51 pm

Olly wrote:Matt Tubbs and Crawley Town. Amazing how some players and clubs just click
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 18 Mar 2014, 10:34 pm

Brilliant win for Crawley, hope it stitches Wolves up long term. Still should be taking 1000 to Gillingham.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 18 Mar 2014, 11:44 pm

Brighton barely took 1000 to Gillingham for home games and they have a far bigger fanbase Whistle

Great win tonight. And Tubbs' finish for the winner was classy, confidence and regular games playing a massive part.

Still our fair share of stupid fans, when Tubbs had run himself into the ground and was replaced by Jamie Proctor after 70 mins or so, fans were baffled that the "main man" was taken off despite being tired.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 27 Mar 2014, 8:54 pm

Couple of loan signings brought in on Loan Deadline Day The unofficial "No-one cares about Crawley Town" thread - Page 7 3559488474

Gwion Edwards, Wales U21 winger from Swansea, and Jeffrey Monakana, also a winger, from Brighton. Monakana only moved to Brighton in January from Preston where he was very impressive. Both one month deals to hopefully give us the creativity we sorely missed against Sheff Utd.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 27 Mar 2014, 10:43 pm

I was hoping we would loan you a few more, i hope Monakana can use this as a stepping stone, a bit like Jake Forster Caskey did when he went on loan to Oxford.

Still should be taking 1000 to Gillingham.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 28 Mar 2014, 7:06 am

When we take only 150 to Preston I expect your argument to change...

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 31 Mar 2014, 11:35 pm

When there's ridicule heading our way for taking about 20-25 fans to Port Vale tomorrow night, I would like to take this opportunity to blame it on the fact we're playing every Saturday and Tuesday for the rest of the season with a lot of away games in a short space of time, fans have to pick and choose games and obviously with us having a small fanbase as it is it's not going to leave very many able to go to every game. No official coach as not enough people booked on, hopefully the fans that do go do the team proud and push us on to get a decent result.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 01 Apr 2014, 10:31 pm

When you've got a problem 
All you need is Loft, Loft Loft

Dougie Dougie Doguie

LOFT LOFT LOFT!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 07 Apr 2014, 1:02 pm

Poor defeat to Crewe at the weekend, but check out this goal from Jamie Proctor. Class.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6bdsZGJHx0A

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 07 Apr 2014, 3:06 pm

Hows Jeffrey doing?

Still should be taking 1000 to Gillingham.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 07 Apr 2014, 4:17 pm

Couple of substitute appearances, pushing for a start tomorrow night at Brentford. I'm not going due to work but I am going to MK Dons away on Saturday.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 15 Apr 2014, 9:38 pm

Six consecutive defeats followed by back to back 2-0 wins. Standard Crawley.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 15 Apr 2014, 10:26 pm

Tbf if you didn't beat Tranmere that would beyond embarrassing.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 16 Apr 2014, 10:43 pm

Paul Connoly what a man, good on him for not taking the sh*t that fan gave him! Just seen the incident a 5 game ban is very harsh, can hardly blame the bloke for retaliating when some pikey lobs a football at you.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 17 Apr 2014, 9:00 pm

He didn't even hit the guy, 5 game ban is a joke let alone harsh. The FA once again showing what they know about football, FA.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sat 19 Apr 2014, 9:31 am

Six consecutive defeats followed by three consecutive wins. Standard Crawley.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 05 May 2014, 4:09 pm

Paul Jones
Mark Connolly
Paul Connolly
Billy Clarke
Gary Dicker
Rory Fallon
Alex Mallins
Louis John
Johnny Madison
Jonte Smith
Sergio Torres
All Relased. 

Thoughts Marky? Shocked Clarke, Jones, Dicker and Mark Connolly have left. They seem like top players to have in League One?

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 12 May 2014, 3:04 pm

It's all about money. The big name players were on far too much money, John Gregory has said the budget for next season is smaller so he's almost starting from scratch this summer. Majority of the nation's free agents have been linked with us, at least it's only May, when we're still short in July I'll begin to panic.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 12 May 2014, 10:38 pm

Tubbs has pretty much said he won't return.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 13 May 2014, 8:12 pm

Last thing I read on the subject was actually he would only return if we had a squad capable of challenging for the playoffs. Considering he's a Bournemouth player, let John Gregory build a squad of free agents then see where we are in July/August. That's not saying he wont return IMO, even if he ends up not returning!

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 27 Jun 2014, 2:19 pm

Since I last commented, we've signed;

Brian Jensen (goalkeeper from Bury, ex Burnley)
Ryan Dickson (defender from Colchester)
Lanre Oyebanjo (defender from York City)
Jimmy Smith (midfielder from Stevenage)
Sonny Bradley (defender from Portsmouth)
Gavin Tomlin (striker from Port Vale)
Izale McLeod (striker from MK Dons, ex everywhere)
Conor Henderson (midfielder from Hull City, ex Arsenal)
Matt Harrold (striker from Bristol Rovers)

With Kyle McFadzean moving away to MK Dons, hopefully we're still covered defensively by the start of the season.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 27 Jun 2014, 2:20 pm

Also Matt Tubbs decided to join AFC Wimbledon on loan, League 2 will be better for him TBH.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 27 Jun 2014, 11:04 pm

You're summer is reminding me of the summer after we stayed up in league one. Sir Russel Slade signing a bunch of journey man (Harrold, Jensen, Tomlin) but did pick out a couple of gems (Henderson, Bradley)

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 10 Jul 2014, 1:26 pm

Proper football returns tomorrow!

Billingshurst v Crawley Town XI (a team mostly made up of trialists), 7pm kickoff The unofficial "No-one cares about Crawley Town" thread - Page 7 3559488474

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 10 Jul 2014, 11:07 pm

Hang on aren't Billingshurst a mid Sussex team?! How the hell did they get a a friendly against Crawley!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 16 Jul 2014, 6:35 pm

They asked.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 16 Jul 2014, 6:36 pm

Friday: Billingshurst 0-9 Crawley Town XI
Tuesday: Oakwood 0-10 Crawley Town XI

This Saturday, Crawley Town v Fulham (first team), should easily get to 6 or 7 Whistle

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 25 Jul 2014, 7:52 am

Crawley Town 0-2 Fulham, followed by Crawley Town 1-1 Brighton and Hove Albinos.

Fulham look really good, and with Felix still in charge I think they'll go straight back up. Brighton looked ok, but weren't anywhere near as impressive as Fulham.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 12 Aug 2014, 10:20 pm

Two games, two Izale McLeod goals, two 1-0 wins. Swindon at home Saturday, more of the same please!

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 21 Aug 2014, 10:48 pm

Marky wrote:Crawley Town 0-2 Fulham, followed by Crawley Town 1-1 Brighton and Hove Albinos.

Fulham look really good, and with Felix still in charge I think they'll go straight back up. Brighton looked ok, but weren't anywhere near as impressive as Fulham.

Laugh  Laugh  Laugh

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 25 Aug 2014, 9:30 am

To be fair, they were impressive against us, since the season started they've been utter toilet.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next