The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The unofficial "No-one cares about Crawley Town" thread

+15
Fernando
BlueCoverman
CFCNick
Dolphin Ziggler
goldwolf
Gregers
Tommy_606
davidl1061
Bull
GSC
Blade
Good Golly I'm Olly
cherriesfna
NickisBHAFC
Marky
19 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The unofficial "No-one cares about Crawley Town" thread - Page 3 Empty The unofficial "No-one cares about Crawley Town" thread

Post by Marky Sun 23 Dec 2012, 11:13 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi.

The Crawley Town thread, for all things loosely and tediously linked to Crawley Town FC.

"We're going down, I'm yelling timber..."

Last edited by Marky on Sun 25 Jan 2015, 10:18 am; edited 2 times in total

Marky

Back to top Go down

The unofficial "No-one cares about Crawley Town" thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The unofficial "No-one cares about Crawley Town" thread

Post by Marky Thu 14 Feb 2013, 8:35 pm

Sussex Senior Cup quarter finalists The unofficial "No-one cares about Crawley Town" thread - Page 3 3559488474

Hastings away next, COYR.

Marky

Back to top Go down

The unofficial "No-one cares about Crawley Town" thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The unofficial "No-one cares about Crawley Town" thread

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 15 Feb 2013, 8:10 pm

Bradley Goldburg will tear you apart.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 15 Feb 2013, 11:25 pm

Apparently it's Lancing/Brighton v Three Bridges.

Would love a Crawley v Bridges final at the Amex, would be so pointless Laugh

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat 16 Feb 2013, 6:31 pm

Including 2 pointless clubs Laugh

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 18 Feb 2013, 12:14 am

Zing.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 27 Feb 2013, 3:08 pm

Crawley 1-2 Brentford laughing

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Thu 28 Feb 2013, 12:12 am

well done u idiots, try not losing for once
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 28 Feb 2013, 7:59 am

NickisBHAFC wrote:Crawley 1-2 Brentford laughing

I thought we were Sussex friends. Turns out you were lying...

Mark Connolly sent off in 1st minute was why we lost. It went 10 a side while 2-0 Brentford and 2-1 was undeserved by full time. Brentford are just cocks.

Hastings 3-0 Crawley is the embarrassing one from last night, although loads of youth team with literally a couple of first teamers. Connolly (seeing as he didn't play much v Brentford and won't play Saturday due to suspension) Lateef Elford-Alliyu who isn't first choice and new Millwall loanee Aidan O'Brien, who didn't impress me.

Highlight was singing "one Lateef" to the £1 fish song.

"Very very good, one Lateef
Very very cheap, one Lateef
One Laaaaateeeeef"

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 28 Feb 2013, 6:54 pm

Chomp Yahoo

Of course were Sussex Freinds Hug

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 28 Feb 2013, 9:40 pm

I'm not sure if that's a chomp, doesn't it need to have me reacting angrily or something?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 28 Feb 2013, 9:41 pm

Nick seems to think a post is a bite for some reason
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 28 Feb 2013, 9:57 pm

"Hey there you with the sad face, come up to my place and live it up"

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 15 Mar 2013, 6:19 pm

Crawley fans continuing to call for Barker's head Rolling Eyes

#Idiots

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 15 Mar 2013, 11:19 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Crawley fans continuing to call for Barker's head Rolling Eyes

#Idiots

No "fans" are doing such thing.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat 16 Mar 2013, 1:20 pm

You do have a lot of idiots in such a small lot, so it doesn't surprise me. I was at the Crawley Torquay game last year, you lost 1-0 despite being 2nd in the league and you were booed off Rolling Eyes But that interests me, a bloke who i sit around at Lewes games name is Peter Medhurst (i think) he used to play for a bunch of Sussex clubs, Crawley he said he had a spell with. The bloke is now in 60's but when he used to play, he use to say Crawley fans always get on the team and management back, so maybe its something that Crawley do.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sat 16 Mar 2013, 4:21 pm

#DontFeedTheTrolls Smile

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat 16 Mar 2013, 4:55 pm

What was the final Crawley score, i was listening on the radio when you were 2-0 up but my radio got cut off?

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 16 Mar 2013, 4:55 pm

2-2
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat 16 Mar 2013, 4:56 pm

Laugh

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sat 16 Mar 2013, 5:13 pm

To be honest I'd have taken 2-2 at kick-off, but that was sickening.

All failed banter attempts aside, I'm pretty f*cked off despite reports the first goal was a deflection and the second was assisted by a bad pitch influenced bobble.

I reckon "know it all Nick" will tell me how my club's fans are idiots when he makes up stuff about fans wanting Richie Barker out. I don't care if he thinks he's got a bite or a chomp, its neither. You are genuinely annoying and I'm very tempted to foe you as you talk utter b*llocks about Crawley Town because you think you're "in the know" as you know a youth player or two.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 16 Mar 2013, 5:16 pm

Leave it 24 hours, it'll be funny tomorrow
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sat 16 Mar 2013, 5:19 pm

Its funny now. Well, laughable anyway.

But Nick is annoying Wink

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 16 Mar 2013, 5:21 pm

I mean Brighton. Wink
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sat 16 Mar 2013, 5:24 pm

Brighton are dreadful lol

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 16 Mar 2013, 5:25 pm

Still, it wouldn't have been close if we lost 1-0.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 17 Mar 2013, 10:03 am

Just seen the goals you conceded on the FL show and schoolboys would be embarassed with that defending!

Good to see one of Norwich's finest get off with a (debut?) goal!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Sun 17 Mar 2013, 10:07 am

Hey we got battered 4-0 away at Stevenage wake up call for the Blades if ever I seen one.
Blade
Blade

http://dellsrangers.createaforum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Sun 17 Mar 2013, 2:11 pm

Laugh
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Sun 17 Mar 2013, 2:56 pm

oh ya still here then Cherries lol
Blade
Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 17 Mar 2013, 3:04 pm

Laugh

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Sun 17 Mar 2013, 3:05 pm

Come's out of the closest when they win one lol
Blade
Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon 18 Mar 2013, 11:32 am

we are going up up up

WERE AFC BOURNEMOUTH WE WIN WHEN WE WANT!

(unlike crawley, who cant hold a 2 goal lead with 5 to go)
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Mon 18 Mar 2013, 12:09 pm

Oh my god you aren't seen for weeks then all of a sudden you win one and out ya come, Aren't you supposed to be in school right now?
Blade
Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 18 Mar 2013, 10:49 pm

cherriesfna wrote:we are going up up up

WERE AFC BOURNEMOUTH WE WIN WHEN WE WANT!

(unlike crawley, who cant hold a 2 goal lead with 5 to go)

Actually it was the 90th minute when they got 1 back.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat 23 Mar 2013, 6:36 pm

Was at the Lewes game today and we have had a lad on loan from Crawley for the past month or so.

Alex Mallins, he is 17 i believe and you're youth team captain. He is a very talented lad and has easily been a step above the ryman prem level. I think you have a real gem on you're books here. Watch out for him, been very impressed by him OK

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sun 24 Mar 2013, 1:19 pm

The last time I tipped a youth player I'd seen was about 5 years ago when a 16 year old Wojeich Szczezny played in goal for "Arsenal XI" at Crawley, was a complete beast in goal and I said at the time he's better than Jens Lehmann or Manuel Almunia. Whether this kid beats that for tipping a youngster, time will tell Wink

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 24 Mar 2013, 1:20 pm

I said at the time he's better than Jens Lehmann or Manuel Almunia

Big call
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 25 Mar 2013, 1:37 pm

To be fair, those were Arsenal's two keepers at the time Wink

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 25 Mar 2013, 3:02 pm

I see Crawley are up for sale.

Interesting reading in the argus about this situation, but it sounds like it's best for the club. I was scared for Crawley, when i found out that the money getting pumped into the club was unknown Hong Kong owners, i was fearing a Majeed type situation may happen again. The club is right for league one IMO and with the backing of the board and supporters they can hopefully stay there for a while and think about the next step, but Championship is a huge huge step up IMO from league one. I think one thing has been clear this season for Crawley though, they need a few body's through the door. Usually i aim to go to the broadfield 2-3 times a season, but haven't had the time this season. But i believe i maybe going to the Stevenage game with some friends i haven't seen in a while!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 26 Mar 2013, 10:35 am

Spanish Dave wrote:I see Crawley are up for sale.

Interesting reading in the argus about this situation, but it sounds like it's best for the club. I was scared for Crawley, when i found out that the money getting pumped into the club was unknown Hong Kong owners, i was fearing a Majeed type situation may happen again. The club is right for league one IMO and with the backing of the board and supporters they can hopefully stay there for a while and think about the next step, but Championship is a huge huge step up IMO from league one. I think one thing has been clear this season for Crawley though, they need a few body's through the door. Usually i aim to go to the broadfield 2-3 times a season, but haven't had the time this season. But i believe i maybe going to the Stevenage game with some friends i haven't seen in a while!

The "unknown" Hong Kong shareholders are ex-pats, Brits who are now based in Hong Kong. And they were friends with Bruce Winfield before he died, it wasn't a case of unknown investment at all.

Yet the Majeeds were local and known businessmen, so you tell me which would be best of the two Wink

I actually think we're doing ok, the owners are selling the club as it's now much harder to financially maintain than it was (assuming we consolidate in League One) and new investment would mean the club could theoretically build on what we have and push on from here. Break through the glass ceiling if you will.

There's talks of a new stadium emerging this morning, which would be very suprising.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Tue 26 Mar 2013, 2:11 pm

How do you think Barker has done in his first season? He left us and then Blackwell has done nothing but try and bring player after player in and we are still in the bottom 4!

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 27 Mar 2013, 8:22 am

Barker's done a decent job, he's building his own squad with a lot of emphasis on youth, we're comfortably mid table which I'd have taken at the start of the season and still with remote playoff chances, but I think next season is the season to judge him on.

Some Bury fans blamed Barker for their rubbish squad, which doesn't bode well Laugh

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 27 Mar 2013, 3:04 pm

Jamie Proctor appears to be knocking a few in, whats you're thoughts on him? Also how has Sparrow done?

Good win for Crawley last night, think im going to go on Good Friday, haven't been down since the friendly against Brighton in the summer! How much they charge for a pint in the redz bar?

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 28 Mar 2013, 3:27 pm

Proctor looked awful when he joined, but now he's settled he looks a great signing. Sparrow in CM is good, but not great. From my view of Tuesday's game, Sparrow likes to leave tracking back to others.

Game changed on Tuesday when Sir Josh Simpson returned from injury. He replaced Bulman and just ran the last 25 mins of the game, including playing a part in the first and assisting the second goal. More proof that Simpson would have been a bigger loss than Akpan if Simpson had left instead.

I go for the bottle bar in Redz, £2.80 for a pint size bottle of Carlsberg which tastes better than the draught lager at the main bar Laugh

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 09 Apr 2013, 9:35 pm

BIG UP CRAWLEY TOWN!!!!

2-0!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 09 Apr 2013, 9:47 pm

Big win for Crawley, but i think the real winners tonight are Bournemouth. Results gone there way to perfection tonight.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 09 Apr 2013, 10:40 pm

Frak Bournemouth. They're the only south coast side with a bigger budget than Brighton Wink

Tonight is about Crawley (I'm sure fans of Borussia Dortmund will disagree but still) and about how we're still (mathematically) in the Playoff race with only 4 games to go! And a huge win. A famous away win for little old Crawley Town.

Bournemouth? Who cares about them? Nobody.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 09 Apr 2013, 10:51 pm

Not making the playoffs though Marky. #BarkerOut Wink
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Wed 10 Apr 2013, 12:50 am

Were on our waaaaay!! Were on our waaaaay!! UP the football leaguuueee!! Were on our waaaay!! How we get there I don't know!! How we get there we don't care!! All I know is Bournemouth is on the waayyy!!
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 10 Apr 2013, 1:26 am

#YoureWelcome

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next