The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The unofficial "No-one cares about Crawley Town" thread

+15
Fernando
BlueCoverman
CFCNick
Dolphin Ziggler
goldwolf
Gregers
Tommy_606
davidl1061
Bull
GSC
Blade
Good Golly I'm Olly
cherriesfna
NickisBHAFC
Marky
19 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The unofficial "No-one cares about Crawley Town" thread - Page 4 Empty The unofficial "No-one cares about Crawley Town" thread

Post by Marky Sun 23 Dec 2012, 11:13 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi.

The Crawley Town thread, for all things loosely and tediously linked to Crawley Town FC.

"We're going down, I'm yelling timber..."

Last edited by Marky on Sun 25 Jan 2015, 10:18 am; edited 2 times in total

Marky

Back to top Go down

The unofficial "No-one cares about Crawley Town" thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The unofficial "No-one cares about Crawley Town" thread

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 10 Apr 2013, 1:52 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7sLRs_XzTg

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

The unofficial "No-one cares about Crawley Town" thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The unofficial "No-one cares about Crawley Town" thread

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat 13 Apr 2013, 4:23 pm

Crawley 2-0 up!!!!!!!

#ProjectPromotion is on again!!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sun 14 Apr 2013, 9:20 am

I doubt we'll make the Top 6 as it's reliant on at least 4 other teams slipping up before the end of the season.

But to still be mathematically in the playoff hunt with only 3 games to go shows what a great season it's been The unofficial "No-one cares about Crawley Town" thread - Page 4 3559488474

Most points we can finish on is 73 and with very poor GD, we'd need all the sides above us (up to and including Swindon) to only finish on 72 points. Who knows. Football is a funny old game.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sun 14 Apr 2013, 9:37 am

Having said that;

SwindonP43GD+2968 points
WalsallP44GD+967 points
OrientP44+667 points
TranmereP44+1166 points
MK DonsP43+1464 points
CrawleyP43+164 points

Assuming we win our last three games (anything less and we wont make it), Tranmere wouldn't be a problem, we'd need MK Dons/Walsall/Orient to draw/lose only 1 of their remaining games, but Swindon to only gain a maximum of 4 points from their last 3 games to finish above them. That is probably where we miss out.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 14 Apr 2013, 12:12 pm

Just keep on winning and then you never know!

One thing is for sure Barker has done well heck of a job, given that he didn't even have a pre season to get his squad sorted etc and having to have financial cuts during the season. You need to get Josh Simpson and Matt Sparrow signed up for next season though!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sun 14 Apr 2013, 5:22 pm

You say that, but Sparrow hasn't been missed at all since getting injured. In fact, with Sergio Torres and Dannie Bulman replacing Simpson and Sparrow at CM we've taken 7 points from 9 and not conceded a goal.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy_606 Sun 14 Apr 2013, 9:40 pm

I went to the game up your end and the crowd were terrible as were your stewards. Most unhelpful bar stewards i have ever come across. Not planning on going back there. However we are going up and you are staying down so need to worry about that.

Tommy_606

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon 15 Apr 2013, 12:53 pm

lol if its any consolation we alreaedy have a play-off place secured
lol
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon 15 Apr 2013, 12:54 pm

Tommy_606 wrote:I went to the game up your end and the crowd were terrible as were your stewards. Most unhelpful bar stewards i have ever come across. Not planning on going back there. However we are going up and you are staying down so need to worry about that.

i like you, i really like you
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 15 Apr 2013, 1:48 pm

That Crawley v Brentford game was deflated by our first minute sending off no doubt. But the stewards are equally inept for home and away fans, so not much I can say about that!

However, based on Cherries being his usual self, and Tommy being Nick, Doncaster and Sheff Utd for Automatic Promotion please. See you both when your bubble has burst Wink

Last edited by Marky on Tue 16 Apr 2013, 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 15 Apr 2013, 4:38 pm

He's Nick. Tommy is Nick because, well I dunno why. Nick's had a bit of a #headsgone
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 15 Apr 2013, 4:42 pm

#headwasneverthere
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 15 Apr 2013, 4:44 pm

Well anyways Nick's been banned till next week lol
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 15 Apr 2013, 4:49 pm

#toobusygivinghead
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon 15 Apr 2013, 9:54 pm

Why he banned?
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 15 Apr 2013, 9:57 pm

I don't know, but I'd be confident in producing quite a few answers
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 17 Apr 2013, 5:16 pm

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/10361641.Saudi_oil_firm_show_interest_in_buying_Crawley/

Yeah. Let that sit in your mind for a moment. Done? Great.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Wed 17 Apr 2013, 8:45 pm

Might have to welcome you to the rich team club
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 23 Apr 2013, 2:58 pm

Mate just text me asking if i want to go to the Crawley vs Preston game tonight. Debating whether or not to go. Going to the pub to watch the Barca game looks more favorable, however haven't been to the broadfield this season and the weather is superb!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 26 Apr 2013, 5:56 pm

Was a good game by all accounts. Didn't make it as on holiday, but back for the game tomorrow.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Fri 26 Apr 2013, 6:01 pm

I'm going to the Blades v Preston game tomorrow with my son and Dad should be a good game as my son has not seen them lose yet.

Lucky charm may be lol?
Blade
Blade

http://dellsrangers.createaforum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 26 Apr 2013, 6:19 pm

Marky wrote:Was a good game by all accounts. Didn't make it as on holiday, but back for the game tomorrow.

Hope your Holiday was good mate OK

Mid table Crawley vs Already Relegated in-front of an epic crowd of 3000ish has the potential to be the perfect match Wink

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 26 Apr 2013, 7:03 pm

Just an end of season party atmosphere. Win and we make 70 points, considering staying up was our aim, 70 points and a top 10 finish would be phenominal for us.

Only holidayed at Butlins Bognor, but my daughter enjoyed it and it was relaxing to an extent, so definitely worthwhile.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Fri 26 Apr 2013, 7:39 pm

Nice one Marky glad you had a great time, Where going to Great Yarmouth in July for a few days to say hello to some of our friends down there, Man I miss living there.
Blade
Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 26 Apr 2013, 7:41 pm

Blade you miss living in Yarmouth?

You high?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Fri 26 Apr 2013, 7:41 pm

Lol Its better than Mansfield fella any day of the week.
Blade
Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 26 Apr 2013, 7:43 pm

Well I'm never going to Mansfield then!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Apr 2013, 7:48 pm

Olly wrote:Blade you miss living in Yarmouth?

You high?

Went there with my ex a few years ago and won enough tokens on the pier bingo to get myself a blender.

You'll not hear a bad word about Yarmouth from me. thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 26 Apr 2013, 7:51 pm

FreekShow wrote:

You high?

Went there with my ex a few years ago and won enough tokens on the pier bingo to get myself a blender.

Jeez you're easily satisfied Freeky!

#noted
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Fri 26 Apr 2013, 7:52 pm

I lived in Caister which was about 5 miles away and it was awesome there, 2mins from the beach 5 mins away from the town center you can't beat it.

reason for coming back was my wife missed her family so it was time to come back.
Blade
Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Apr 2013, 7:53 pm

Olly wrote:
FreekShow wrote:

You high?

#noted

A couple more days there and I'd have bagged the handheld vacum cleaner. So close yet so far Olly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 26 Apr 2013, 7:55 pm

FreekShow wrote:
Olly wrote:
FreekShow wrote:

You high?

#noted

A couple more days there and I'd have bagged the handheld vacum cleaner. So close yet so far Olly.

No wonder she is your "ex", she saw the light... Wink
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Apr 2013, 8:00 pm

Olly wrote:
FreekShow wrote:
Olly wrote:
FreekShow wrote:

You high?

#noted

No wonder she is your "ex", she wanted the bed light... Wink

I know, greedy b!tch..

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sat 27 Apr 2013, 5:58 pm

Crawley Town finish the season 10th in League One. Phenominal achievement considering 4 seasons ago we finished barely outside the Conference relegation places after needing a last day draw to confirm staying up.

Fair play to Hartlepool fans. 4100 attendance, of which 417 were away fans, of which 138 were dressed as penguins. Good to see nearly 3700 home fans in the ground, further proof of our expanding fanbase thumbsup

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sat 27 Apr 2013, 6:20 pm

Fantastic for you Marky, Sussex clubs have done amazingly well this season

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 28 Apr 2013, 11:06 am

Yeah fantastic for Crawley town. Sussex football really is on the up which is good to see. Hopefully Crawley can make some decent summer signings and have a real go next season.

Sussex football. One Community.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 02 May 2013, 1:10 pm

Good news for CTFC!

https://twitter.com/crawleytown/status/329919983289241600

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Thu 02 May 2013, 1:30 pm

Marky wrote:Good news for CTFC!

https://twitter.com/crawleytown/status/329919983289241600

Bad news for josh simpson, if i were him id move to a big club Wink
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 02 May 2013, 1:54 pm

Matt Sparrow left. Sounds like Crawley didn't offer enough money, or Matt may fancy his chances at a Championship club before he moves abroad to see out his carrer as he has stated in the past.

Fantastic news for Crawley that Josh Simpson has signed on. Been a very key player this term. This could also help attract other players.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 03 May 2013, 9:23 am

NickisBHAFC wrote:Matt Sparrow left. Sounds like Crawley didn't offer enough money, or Matt may fancy his chances at a Championship club before he moves abroad to see out his carrer as he has stated in the past.

Fantastic news for Crawley that Josh Simpson has signed on. Been a very key player this term. This could also help attract other players.

Was 100% down to money. Not sure whether we offered too little or he wanted too much, but terms couldn't be agreed so he's gone. Josh was the big one, even when Akpan left Simpson was the more important cog.

And Cherries, we've won more promotions than you in the last 3 years so blow me Wink

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 29 May 2013, 12:46 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22694703

Fantastic news for Crawley.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Wed 29 May 2013, 12:51 pm

Yeah seen that Nick there were rumors that we were after him but guess that's out of the window now lol.
Blade
Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 29 May 2013, 1:24 pm

Yeah i thought Barker would of been a great pick for United, local lad and has
proven he can work well in this division well as seen with Bury and Crawley.

Any names for the United job now?

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Wed 29 May 2013, 1:26 pm

Yeah Morgan southgate and one more which i forgot lol
Blade
Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 03 Jun 2013, 12:16 pm

Barker is a Sheff Weds fan anyway Whistle

To be honest Barker wouldn't have been a good choice for Sheff Utd, needs to establish himself at Crawley first. Left Bury before finishing his job, they ended up getting relegated. Wouldn't look good if he went from job to job.

Plus, contracts aren't worth a jot these days. 2 year deal means nothing if we're bottom of League 1 at Christmas.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 13 Jun 2013, 4:52 pm

Crawley set to sign Andy Drury from Ipswich
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 14 Jun 2013, 12:50 pm

Another player to come through Lewes FC! 

Russel Martin, Leon Legge and AFC Wimbledon bound David Wheeler all to come through Lewes!!!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 14 Jun 2013, 8:16 pm

You say AFC Wimbledon bound like that makes him good Wink

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 14 Jun 2013, 8:19 pm

And very happy about Andy Drury, we had him on loan first half of last season from Ipswich, was badly missed rest of the season. Us being a league up helps, but glad Mick McCarthy didn't rate him.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 20 Jun 2013, 2:10 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22985703

I swear this player was suppose to be joining you?

The luxury of playing under Steve Evans must of tempted him from moving to Crawley Wink

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next