The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burns v Mitchell

+45
Lance
spencerclarke
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Imperial Ghosty
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Adam D
trenchtownbaboon
Captain Charisma
Happytravelling
Lumbering_Jack
mobilemaster8
jimdig
EdWoodjr
Haito
mikeymax71
TheMackemMawler
Nico the gman
ericdacat
captain carrantuohil
Rodney
Bartley Gorman
hampo17
6oldenbhoy
mckay1402
AlexHuckerby
KingMonkey
superflyweight
tunes666
compelling and rich
TRUSSMAN66
BoxingFan88
Boxtthis
Pound-for-Pound
tobbox
Fists of Fury
ONETWOFOREVER
two_tone
azania
davidemore
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
owen10ozzy
Rowley
88Chris05
Gordy
Seanusarrilius
49 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Poll

Burns v Mitchell - Page 4 Vote_lcap11%Burns v Mitchell - Page 4 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 6 ]
Burns v Mitchell - Page 4 Vote_lcap15%Burns v Mitchell - Page 4 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 8 ]
Burns v Mitchell - Page 4 Vote_lcap2%Burns v Mitchell - Page 4 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Burns v Mitchell - Page 4 Vote_lcap9%Burns v Mitchell - Page 4 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 5 ]
Burns v Mitchell - Page 4 Vote_lcap63%Burns v Mitchell - Page 4 Vote_rcap 63% 
[ 34 ]

Total Votes : 54

Burns v Mitchell - Page 4 Empty Burns v Mitchell

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 03 Sep 2012, 3:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

Updating with a poll

Ok, so this is as much a pick em as you are ever likely to see. Burns slightly favoured due to wins over MArtinez, Moses and Katsidis, and rightly so. Also, home town advantage is something Burns will have on his side, although it didn't really do Mitchell any harm against Murray.

All in all it is a great fight. Who will get this one.

Can see it being a very close decision either way. Can get 3/1 Mitchell and evens Burns on points.

Who wins this?

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Mon 17 Sep 2012, 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Burns v Mitchell - Page 4 Empty Re: Burns v Mitchell

Post by azania Tue 25 Sep 2012, 3:59 pm

Great performance by Mr Personality Burns. I certainly called it wrong.

I don't buy this story that Mitchell's head wasn't there. He's fighting for a world title for crissakes and this is another excuse. It wasn't even a sub par performance. Mr Personality didn't let him have a look in.

Interestingly there are still some pointy eared jerks who would rather discuss me that the actual fight.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 25 Sep 2012, 4:29 pm

I don't buy this story that Mitchell's head wasn't there. He's fighting for a world title for crissakes and this is another excuse. It wasn't even a sub par performance.

Agreed. There does always seem to be some kind of excuse for Mitchell's losses/poor performances. Obviously can't comment on the particular reasons cited above (although he has my sympathies) but plenty of boxers fight with all sorts of things going on in their personal life. It just seems that with Mitchell, there's always a reason for him not living up to his talent whereas I get the impression that he's not as committed to the sport as he needs to be.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 25 Sep 2012, 4:33 pm

superflyweight wrote:

Agreed. There does always seem to be some kind of excuse for Mitchell's losses/poor performances.

There does come a point with these guys where perhaps you just have to accept they are not as good as people initially thought and I do think we are close to that point with Mitchell, the best two fighters he has fought have stopped him early.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 25 Sep 2012, 6:41 pm

Ricky was just better, no other explanation. The way he went down clearly shows it wasn't a dive.

Now if you're talking about Danny Green vs Paul Briggs, that is another story...

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Tue 25 Sep 2012, 6:49 pm

azania wrote:Great performance by Mr Personality Burns. I certainly called it wrong.

I don't buy this story that Mitchell's head wasn't there. He's fighting for a world title for crissakes and this is another excuse. It wasn't even a sub par performance. Mr Personality didn't let him have a look in.

Interestingly there are still some pointy eared jerks who would rather discuss me that the actual fight.

Yes it was very good indeed, a top man and a class act, maybes if he does his Tommy Cooper routine after the fight, threw some money in the pool or done a little flashy dance, you may like him a little more and stop referring to his personality which is fine BTW every time you speak about him.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 25 Sep 2012, 6:50 pm

Exactly Rowley. Can't spend the rest of his careeer sayng "if the right Kevin Mitchell turns up". Personally I think Mitchell lacks the aility to ship a punch at LW. Kats, fair enough but Murray hurt him early in theor fight and Burns stopped him.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Tue 25 Sep 2012, 6:53 pm

Do you think his [Mitchell] power might be a bit overrated Sean ?

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Tue 25 Sep 2012, 6:56 pm

azania wrote:Great performance by Mr Personality Burns. I certainly called it wrong.

He's no more dull, bland, boring etc than Khan who I've seen you praise for his persona, quiet lifestyle etc as being a great role model. Burns is every bit as good a role model. Don't see your problem with him.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 25 Sep 2012, 7:41 pm

Rodney wrote:

Yes it was very good indeed, a top man and a class act, maybes if he does his Tommy Cooper routine after the fight, threw some money in the pool or done a little flashy dance, you may like him a little more and stop referring to his personality which is fine BTW every time you speak about him.

Cheers Rodders

That's why Vegas is clamouring at the bits to get him to fight at MGM. Boxing is competing with other sports for air time. You need a little extra. He doesn't have it.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 25 Sep 2012, 7:44 pm

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:

He's no more dull, bland, boring etc than Khan who I've seen you praise for his persona, quiet lifestyle etc as being a great role model. Burns is every bit as good a role model. Don't see your problem with him.

SLight difference is that Khan delivers exciting fights. Ditto Pac. Floyd, imo, is a boring fighter, but he is a personality. A marmite guy.

Broner is just a female genitalia.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Tue 25 Sep 2012, 7:52 pm

To be fair Az, Burns a Scottish guy who has fought at home all of his career, Vegas doesn't clamour for many guys in boxing and only the very best sell the likes of the MGM out, the likes of Ward haven't even fought there and he is possibly Americas best champion.

Cheers

Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 25 Sep 2012, 8:01 pm

Rodney wrote:To be fair Az, Burns a Scottish guy who has fought at home all of his career, Vegas doesn't clamour for many guys in boxing and only the very best sell the likes of the MGM out, the likes of Ward haven't even fought there and he is possibly Americas best champion.

Cheers

Rodders

Forget Vegas, what about London? Fighting in some pub in Glasgow will not elevate him nor give him the standing his talent (I sa that begrudgingly) deserves. Lets face it, he has talent. Hope he doesn't do a runner up a division when Broner comes calling.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Tue 25 Sep 2012, 8:08 pm

He fought at Wembley against Katsidis, I think he is making the most of his talent, dont necessarily believe he is the most gifted fighter but has improved a lot. I agree though in principle we need to move him to the next tier, De Marco would good, or even a rematch with Martinez who fought on the big Vegas bill last time out.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 25 Sep 2012, 8:12 pm

Yup, step him up. I think the better the competition the better he fights. Hope he mouths off a little also.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Tue 25 Sep 2012, 8:17 pm

You're possibly right mate, as for mouthing off can't see it unless he hits the Whiskey.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 25 Sep 2012, 8:19 pm

Perhaps he should go out with Scott Harrison.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Tue 25 Sep 2012, 8:23 pm

Ha nice one.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Wed 26 Sep 2012, 1:30 pm

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:

+1

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Wed 26 Sep 2012, 2:06 pm

azania wrote:

Forget Vegas, what about London? Fighting in some pub in Glasgow will not elevate him nor give him the standing his talent (I sa that begrudgingly) deserves.

Since when was the Scottish Exhibition Centre a pub in Glasgow?

And as for London, he's fought in London twice and Liverpool once in his last eight fights.

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 26 Sep 2012, 2:15 pm

alma wrote:

The only certainty would be that Broner would act like a fool and just irritate everybody. Can't imagine the Scots taking a shining to him.......

Who can blame them, is there a more irritating boxer active today? and whilst I am at it how little self respect do you have to be to be the bloke who combs his hair in the ring, I don't care how desperate you are for either a job or a free ticket you need to have some self respect.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 26 Sep 2012, 2:56 pm

[quote="Boxtthis"]
Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:

I could tell you straight away why he has a problem with Burns, but its an off-topic thing which has no place around here. Hes got agendas, thats all i'll say.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4