The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burns vs Mitchell 22nd September IT'S ON

+4
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
88Chris05
UpandUnder
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
8 posters

Go down

Burns vs Mitchell 22nd September IT'S ON Empty Burns vs Mitchell 22nd September IT'S ON

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:37 pm

http://www.frankwarren.com/news/press-releases/burns-vs-mitchell-is-on.html?

On for the 22nd of September in Glasgow with a venue to be announced. Obviously the threats form the biting board of boxing stopped this for the July date

Really happy that this is on, Mitchell UD/SD for me

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Burns vs Mitchell 22nd September IT'S ON Empty Re: Burns vs Mitchell 22nd September IT'S ON

Post by UpandUnder Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:45 pm

Great, cant wait for this one.
Gonna make the trip across the boarder for sure.

I'm torn Burns is improving and Mitchell has been fighting sporadically, although he looked good against Murray.

Then there is Katsidis who schooled Kevin (distractions ect aside) and Burns handled (albeit a more shop worn version).

Think its a genuine toss up....one im not going to make a prediction on just yet.

UpandUnder

Back to top Go down

Burns vs Mitchell 22nd September IT'S ON Empty Re: Burns vs Mitchell 22nd September IT'S ON

Post by 88Chris05 Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:50 pm

Mitchell for me, too, though it'll be a pretty close fight, I'd imagine. I'm certainly looking forward to it more than I am that little Heavyweight skirmish which is taking place at Upton Park next month, for instance.

I think Mitchell might just be a bit too fast and throw from too many angles for Burns, who'll always be vulnerable to slicksters. Mitchell (rightly) gets a lot of stick for other things, but like him or not, there's no doubt that the guy can fight.

Mitchell on points.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:50 pm

Great news it's in Glasgow. Burns deserves it. I will definitely be going and will expect to see Burns win by UD pretty comfortably by about 4-6 rounds.

Mitchell won't get past Burns jab and he throws fantastic body shots. Murray hit Mitchell for fun at times and Burns is a few levels up from Murray. Mitchell doesn't have the power to worry Burns and isn't a big strong boy who can get on top of him.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:56 pm

Looks like I was wrong about it should be in London, still don't see a Glasgow fight grossing more but looking forward to this. Another controlled, measured performance from Ricky for a close UD victory.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:58 pm

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:Great news it's in Glasgow. Burns deserves it. I will definitely be going and will expect to see Burns win by UD pretty comfortably by about 4-6 rounds.

Mitchell won't get past Burns jab and he throws fantastic body shots. Murray hit Mitchell for fun at times and Burns is a few levels up from Murray. Mitchell doesn't have the power to worry Burns and isn't a big strong boy who can get on top of him.

Equally I don't see Burns having anywhere near the power to trouble Mitchell who's definitely the puncher of the two. Mitchell struggled against an aggressive swarming powerful puncher, none of which Ricky is.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:05 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:Great news it's in Glasgow. Burns deserves it. I will definitely be going and will expect to see Burns win by UD pretty comfortably by about 4-6 rounds.

Equally I don't see Burns having anywhere near the power to trouble Mitchell who's definitely the puncher of the two. Mitchell struggled against an aggressive swarming powerful puncher, none of which Ricky is.

Very true but Ricky has a better jab and is taller with a longer reach. Mitchell is pretty wide open. I don't think Burns will stop him but I don't see Mitchell causing him to many troubles. It will be a boxing match not a scrap and Burns is the better boxer.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:07 pm

I think Rick will do it in a very good fight. Thankfully this will make up for a dreadfully boring build up which is what we can ask for.

I hope Ricky does it and continues to entertain us in a manner only he can do.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by tommyhearnsprodigalson Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:08 pm

The more i've been thinking about it the more i'm leaning towards a tight UD/MD to Burns having been knocked down around the 5th round

tommyhearnsprodigalson

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:08 pm

Mitchell is classier and has pop, but Burns has a good chin, great workrate and is improving all the time. No power in Burns so KO on either side unlikely. Great matchup 50-50 will be entertaining and I think, prob demand a rematch either way

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down