The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Early Christmas Present for Tenez

+15
JuliusHMarx
lydian
wow
bogbrush
Mad for Chelsea
Tenez
Jeremy_Kyle
break_in_the_fifth
ShahenshahG
hawkeye
LuvSports!
laverfan
kemet
legendkillar
noleisthebest
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

An Early Christmas Present for Tenez - Page 3 Empty An Early Christmas Present for Tenez

Post by noleisthebest Sat 19 Nov 2011, 9:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.tennis.com/articles/templates/news.aspx?articleid=15151&zoneid=25

Interesting read, would be interesting to see if and what comes out of it in the coming days...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

An Early Christmas Present for Tenez - Page 3 Empty Re: An Early Christmas Present for Tenez

Post by Tenez Tue 07 Feb 2012, 7:48 am

An Early Christmas Present for Tenez - Page 3 Nadal-contador

Nadal, like almost all cyclists and pundits, are defending Contador aggressively.

It just shows how normal doping is for sport beneficiaries.

Should we not be ashamed to be sport fans?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

An Early Christmas Present for Tenez - Page 3 Empty Re: An Early Christmas Present for Tenez

Post by noleisthebest Tue 07 Feb 2012, 10:15 am

In his post awards-ceremony interview Nole said stg interesting:

"We are working on the endurance, the flexibility, but that is all I can really say," he noted. "I don't want to reveal the secrets but in my eyes I don't believe a tennis player should be muscular.

"It is more important to be dynamic, explosive, flexible and to have the right endurance because all the movements we have on the court are from the first and second step - very important to have the anticipation and agility because that helps you in the short and the long run, relying on your endurance. I need to be fast and that is the way I am and it's working for now."
Anyone's thoughts?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Tue 07 Feb 2012, 1:04 pm

Nadal's muscular work certainly works on the clay because he has time to slide in position and his top spin is more effective which is why he will probably be too strong even for Djok. I hope I am wrong Nitb. Crying or Very sad
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Tue 07 Feb 2012, 1:54 pm

There is a lot of innuendo on this subject. There is a slogan that I see around me which says 'See something say something'. This is a typical motto for a paranoid state. 'Be vigilant'.

If the same WADA/ITF tests which can catch Contador have yet to catch other Spaniards in Tennis, this desire to implicate others by association or sport is rather Sad.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue 07 Feb 2012, 3:11 pm

1 - It;s not the same tests. Cyclists are tested 10 times more than tennis players.

2 - What is really Sad is the fact that a doper is perceived as a victim nowadays.....so much the system is rotten. And its also extremely sad to see other athletes like Nadal defending him as if he knew he was 100% innocent. This is like bullying the anti-doping system cause we know fans are desperate to see glory and heroes where cheating and cheaters are more likely.

This is why I have always said we (the fans) are primarily responsible for what's going on.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Tue 07 Feb 2012, 3:16 pm

WADA covers many sports including Cycling and Tennis. Is it just the frequency of tests that are different. Cycling has a biological passport system that I am aware of.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue 07 Feb 2012, 3:38 pm

laverfan wrote:WADA covers many sports including Cycling and Tennis. Is it just the frequency of tests that are different. Cycling has a biological passport system that I am aware of.

Exactly! When you learn that the top tennis players have only one Out of competition test on average per year!!! when in cycling they have 10s....that's something really weird. But worse you know when this OOC test is done essentially? in October after the slams...when most would be cycling down (if they were doping of course).

And we also know that the UCI only gave away Contador cause a German journalist threaten to break the news, otherwise we may never have been told about it....so clearly very reminiscent of the way teh ATP/ITF protects his own athletes.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3