The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Five Voting - Best Christmas Present You've Ever Received

5 posters

Go down

What is the Best Christmas Present You've Ever Received? (Two votes, please)

Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Five Voting - Best Christmas Present You've Ever Received Vote_lcap6%Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Five Voting - Best Christmas Present You've Ever Received Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Five Voting - Best Christmas Present You've Ever Received Vote_lcap3%Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Five Voting - Best Christmas Present You've Ever Received Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Five Voting - Best Christmas Present You've Ever Received Vote_lcap8%Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Five Voting - Best Christmas Present You've Ever Received Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]
Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Five Voting - Best Christmas Present You've Ever Received Vote_lcap8%Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Five Voting - Best Christmas Present You've Ever Received Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]
Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Five Voting - Best Christmas Present You've Ever Received Vote_lcap6%Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Five Voting - Best Christmas Present You've Ever Received Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Five Voting - Best Christmas Present You've Ever Received Vote_lcap11%Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Five Voting - Best Christmas Present You've Ever Received Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 4 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Five Voting - Best Christmas Present You've Ever Received Vote_lcap0%Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Five Voting - Best Christmas Present You've Ever Received Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 3 ]
Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Five Voting - Best Christmas Present You've Ever Received Vote_lcap3%Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Five Voting - Best Christmas Present You've Ever Received Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Five Voting - Best Christmas Present You've Ever Received Vote_lcap11%Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Five Voting - Best Christmas Present You've Ever Received Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 4 ]
Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Five Voting - Best Christmas Present You've Ever Received Vote_lcap10%Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Five Voting - Best Christmas Present You've Ever Received Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 36

Poll closed

Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Five Voting - Best Christmas Present You've Ever Received Empty Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Five Voting - Best Christmas Present You've Ever Received

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 21 Dec 2019, 5:16 am

Well, it is so very close to Christmas and we've all had such a lovely time of advent, opening the threads to a world of voting and Culture.

The last round was won with controversy. An absolute staple of the Christmas diet, pigs in blankets, shared the podium with roast potatoes. Are they a Christmas food? You decided in your droves that they are.

So now we have the best christmas present you have ever received. A choice here between some really emotional ones, some grand ones, sentimental, fascinating, materialistic, dull, interesting only to you, a bit gross. Culture. I will post some of the reasoning in a comment below.

Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Five Voting - Best Christmas Present You've Ever Received 3181402168  Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Five Voting - Best Christmas Present You've Ever Received 3181402168  Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Five Voting - Best Christmas Present You've Ever Received 3181402168 I AM GOING TO FINISH THIS OFF WITH TWO QUICKFIRE ROUNDS, BUT I WILL NEED YOUR ATTENTION. THREE ROUNDS TO GO, I WANT ALL FROM YOU NOW. IN THE MOST AMBITIOUS MOVE IN CULTURE CUP HISTORY, ALL THREE WILL BE OPEN SIMULTANEOUSLY
1. Best Christmas Tradition
2. Best Gift You've Bought This Year (and for whom)
3. Best Christmas Carol
Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Five Voting - Best Christmas Present You've Ever Received 3181402168 Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Five Voting - Best Christmas Present You've Ever Received 3181402168 Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Five Voting - Best Christmas Present You've Ever Received 3181402168

Last edited by Rudolphin Ziggler on Tue 24 Dec 2019, 1:52 pm; edited 8 times in total

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Five Voting - Best Christmas Present You've Ever Received Empty Re: Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Five Voting - Best Christmas Present You've Ever Received

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 21 Dec 2019, 5:18 am

£1,000 cold hard cash - my Dad won the pools and was easing his guilt at leaving my mum two years before

Anal - first time trying it

The positive pregnancy test - We had been trying for a few years including attending the fertility clinic. I had needed to provide a "sample" which I dropped on the bus (all over someone!!) so was told to provide another at the hospital. Unlike in films they did not have a special "five knuckle shuffle room" so I was consigned to a cubicle in the toilets. Not ideal but it all came good in the end.

Whatever my wife got me last year - I have no f*cking idea!
That makes it sound like I've never had any great presents - which I'm sure is not the case - but I don't make a point of remembering them.

First Born Child - Born December 28th

Granny’s gift - I miss them now

PS4 - because I purchased it myself and I was incredibly happy

Scalextric - no real reasoning needed lol That's the most excited I have been opening a present.

Last edited by Rudolphin Ziggler on Sat 21 Dec 2019, 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Five Voting - Best Christmas Present You've Ever Received Empty Re: Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Five Voting - Best Christmas Present You've Ever Received

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 21 Dec 2019, 5:19 am

Round Four Results

Galted - Roast Potatoes 7
Twist - Pigs in Blankets 7
Me - Turkey 6
Marky - Cheese board 4
Hero - Christmas Pudding 3
PJ - Tiger Prawns with Thousand Island dipping sauce 3
LD - Selection box 3
Jules - Tesco's Finest Belgian Chocolate Yule Log 2
Daggers - Mulled Wine 2
Trebs - Stroopwaffel 2
LT - Chocolate Orange 2
Samo - Tubes full of Orange Smarties 1
McLaren - Bread Sauce 1
Superfly - Tube of salt & vinegar Pringles 1
Beer - Stuffing 1

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 21 Dec 2019, 5:21 am

Overall Table

Samo 24 points
LT 17 points
Me 16 points
Trebs 15 points
Rick 15 points
Twist 14 points
Jules 12 points
LD 12 points
Marky 11 points
Galted 11 points
Beer 11 points
Superfly 10 points
Pal Joey 9 points
Hero 9 points
McLaren 4 points
Navy 3 points

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 21 Dec 2019, 5:28 am

I'd just like to congratulate McLaren for finally going above Navy, who only entered one round, Galted for what feels a personal best, and Hero for what feels his worst ever run on the CC.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sat 21 Dec 2019, 3:03 pm

Voted for my own, because I want to beat Galted, and first born child, because I'm assuming that was Mary and Joseph's nomination (and hopefully not Galted's).

I ruled out the oil painting on the grounds that it only had providence and not any provenance.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sat 21 Dec 2019, 5:59 pm

I went for anal and a big f*cking UHD TV because it sounds good to say that.

Hadn't read Julius's post or would've voted for my own, I'm still outraged by his deeply offensive comments about roast potatoes.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 21 Dec 2019, 6:08 pm

I was going to give my other vote to first born child, but it was after Christmas and late presents are awful. Then I was going to go for the pregnancy test, but I won’t excuse anyone who spills sperm on people on the bus.

So I went for the gift from Gran cos I appreciate someone who loves their grandmother and realises how sweet those gifts and learns it maybe too late

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Mon 23 Dec 2019, 9:32 am

Scalextric. Because it was the best present ever. F1 edition with a yellow Lotus (I think) and a 6-wheeled March in green and white.

For picking up cars that had zinged off at every corner for the next 3 weeks it was unsurpassable.

For then hacking round brillo pads to replace the wire contact doofers on the bottom of the cars to make the cars last longer without having to spend money on them it was at least the equal of washing up.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 23 Dec 2019, 9:34 am

Gran and Lynx, because that is a winning combo.

Didn't go for my own because I am not that type of guy.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 23 Dec 2019, 12:17 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Gran and Lynx, because that is a winning combo.

I'm trying to work out if that means yours was Anal.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 23 Dec 2019, 12:29 pm

JuliusXMas wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:Gran and Lynx, because that is a winning combo.

I'm trying to work out if that means yours was Anal.

If it was that would be oxymoronic.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 23 Dec 2019, 1:21 pm

Who are you calling an oxymoron? boxing

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 23 Dec 2019, 1:22 pm

I'm also wondering if Anal will also appear in the Best Christmas Tradition category.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down