The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(WELL)Come Back Present For Tenez: Thank You , Novak!

+3
droogle
socal1976
noleisthebest
7 posters

Go down

(WELL)Come Back Present For  Tenez: Thank You , Novak! Empty (WELL)Come Back Present For Tenez: Thank You , Novak!

Post by noleisthebest Thu 12 Apr 2012, 10:42 pm

Just saw this clip, and killed myself laughing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lHOZRBQnjSM

Also, spot the odd thing in the video and feel free to comment Laugh Shocked

Also, worthy of mentioning is the fact that Federer was offered the "job" first, but refused. Feel free to read into it as much as you like: ;

http://www.marca.com/2012/03/02/tenis/1330712737.html?a=PR185bf8f4ef04446caf5da5e2e072f6680&t=1334315549

Last edited by noleisthebest on Fri 13 Apr 2012, 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

(WELL)Come Back Present For  Tenez: Thank You , Novak! Empty Re: (WELL)Come Back Present For Tenez: Thank You , Novak!

Post by socal1976 Fri 13 Apr 2012, 12:06 am

I think it was pretty nice message from Rafa and this exho for charity is a nice gesture as this is going to be a real busy summer and spring for the guys, with the olympics and everything.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

(WELL)Come Back Present For  Tenez: Thank You , Novak! Empty Re: (WELL)Come Back Present For Tenez: Thank You , Novak!

Post by droogle Fri 13 Apr 2012, 1:40 am

His t-shirt if the correct size for one bicep but too small for the other.

droogle

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri 13 Apr 2012, 12:11 pm

droogle wrote:His t-shirt if the correct size for one bicep but too small for the other.

drumroll

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri 13 Apr 2012, 12:22 pm

Knowing that Federer originallly refused the first choice of taking part in this charity event, I thought it was weird for Nadal to make a public thank you statement like this to Novak.

NOW!!!

the bulging left bicep....for those who love to read between the lines...is that the real message here for Novak or what?!!!

I'm not a close follower of Nadal's physique, so I could be wrong, but it seems to me that his arm looks bigger than ever?

Can't wait to see their next match Wink

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 13 Apr 2012, 2:41 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
NOW!!!

the bulging left bicep....for those who love to read between the lines...is that the real message here for Novak or what?!!!

I'm not a close follower of Nadal's physique, so I could be wrong, but it seems to me that his arm looks bigger than ever?

Well he has needed time away for 'joint treatment'...
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri 13 Apr 2012, 2:44 pm

bogbrush wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
NOW!!!

Well he has needed time away for 'joint treatment'...

I reckon it's all or nothing for Nadal this year. Most anticipated clay season in years... Whistle

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 13 Apr 2012, 2:50 pm

I just see the Nadal/Djokovic thing as normal process. Some see Djokovic as a new great thing, I just see what happens when players have a target to aim at. Djokovic has perfected a game to beat Nadal. Others are going to do the same to Djokovic.

And so it goes on.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri 13 Apr 2012, 3:11 pm

bogbrush wrote:I just see the Nadal/Djokovic thing as normal process. Some see Djokovic as a new great thing, I just see what happens when players have a target to aim at. Djokovic has perfected a game to beat Nadal. Others are going to do the same to Djokovic.

And so it goes on.

It's going to be a tough ask....reckon only Fed can do it, like last year at RG, if he plays out of his skin and Nole plays under a lot of pressure, which I don't think he ever will like he did last year.

Can't wait for RG!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sat 14 Apr 2012, 12:56 am

No I don't mean Fed, I mean someone younger playing a game that neutralises Noles play. That's why it's always harsh to judge a player critically when a younger guy comes along, because the younger guy gets to stand on his predecessors shoulders and target his game.

I would imagine the way to counter Nole will come when either somebody can play a more varied game, when the surfaces speed up and a player can overcome his great reaching, or when he just loses hs edge.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat 14 Apr 2012, 2:16 am

bogbrush wrote:No I don't mean Fed, I mean someone younger playing a game that neutralises Noles play. That's why it's always harsh to judge a player critically when a younger guy comes along, because the younger guy gets to stand on his predecessors shoulders and target his game.

I would imagine the way to counter Nole will come when either somebody can play a more varied game, when the surfaces speed up and a player can overcome his great reaching, or when he just loses hs edge.

That is going to be very, very hard BB. Nole is so focused and hungry at the moment, on top of that he is peaking and playing very well.
It would take a very special performance to knock Nole out of a slam this and next year.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sat 14 Apr 2012, 3:30 am

Yes, what I mean is what happens to players over time. All of them. They get to #1 and then people base their thinking around overturning them.

It'll happen to Djokovic sooner than some think but in the meantime, enjoy!
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sat 14 Apr 2012, 5:09 am

noleisthebest wrote:It would take a very special performance to knock Nole out of a slam this and next year.
Wow! You have some confidence in your man. How many slams do you give him between now and the end of 2013? I would guess 2-3. You sound like you mean something around 5.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat 14 Apr 2012, 8:25 am

Yep - Funny clip. With such a big arm he is going to develop a scoliosis leaning on the left.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Sat 14 Apr 2012, 10:27 pm

bogbrush wrote:No I don't mean Fed, I mean someone younger playing a game that neutralises Noles play. That's why it's always harsh to judge a player critically when a younger guy comes along, because the younger guy gets to stand on his predecessors shoulders and target his game.

My theory is a future no 1 will be a player able to hit winners all over the court from all angles and do so while acheiving a >3:2 W/UE ratio. Combining agressive play with consistency since at the moment players can usually do either the former (Federer, Dolgopolov, Soderling, Del Potro) or the latter (Nadal, Djokovic, Ferrer). Combine both and you're in business.

I really think it's achievable. You look back at videos of Laver now and think gosh even a Tsonga or Berdych would be handing him a straight sets defeat.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun 15 Apr 2012, 12:20 am

A Federer able to play his A game for 5 sets would have got 30 slams....including 6 FOs.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down