The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round One Entrees Needed (Best Christmas Film)

+9
TwisT
Samo
Beer
rIck_dAgless
superflyweight
LordDowlais
LondonTiger
McLaren
Dolphin Ziggler
13 posters

Go down

Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round One Entrees Needed (Best Christmas Film) Empty Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round One Entrees Needed (Best Christmas Film)

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 03 Dec 2019, 4:03 am

Well, after the spectacular failure of the majority of people to understand that favourite song did not mean favourite Christmas song, I will open up the actual Culture Cup and make up a random order.

Round One is Best Christmas Film. Please send me (by PM, I'm so sorry you couldn't work that out) three choices, in order of preference, as we have 13 contestants in the Culture Cup Tent. Two days for entries, two days voting. I will announce the second round as I put up the voting for the first round - please be aware.

Last edited by Dolphin Ziggler on Thu 05 Dec 2019, 11:34 pm; edited 2 times in total

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round One Entrees Needed (Best Christmas Film) Empty Re: Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round One Entrees Needed (Best Christmas Film)

Post by McLaren Tue 03 Dec 2019, 10:32 am

To be fair I asked you where to send it and you failed to respond.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round One Entrees Needed (Best Christmas Film) Empty Re: Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round One Entrees Needed (Best Christmas Film)

Post by LondonTiger Tue 03 Dec 2019, 10:54 am

McLaren wrote:To be fair I asked you where to send it and you failed to respond.

I think he did, while telling us all we had responded incorrectly Very Happy

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 03 Dec 2019, 12:14 pm

Home alone is the best Christmas film for me. Followed by the Muppets Christmas, and the original Scrooge.

Saying that can I please give Scrooged a honorable mention ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 03 Dec 2019, 12:30 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Home alone is the best Christmas film for me. Followed by the Muppets Christmas, and the original Scrooge.

Saying that can I please give Scrooged a honorable mention ?

You can give it an honorable mention in the PM that you're supposed to send to Dolphin rather than posting it here.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 03 Dec 2019, 12:36 pm

Done. thumbsup

Although there is nothing about PM's in the OP. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 03 Dec 2019, 12:45 pm

The whole point of the Culture Cup is that it's supposed to be a badly organised f*ck up from start to finish with unclear instructions and sarky comments from the organiser when people get it wrong.

Dolphin is doing a great job of maintaining the usual standards and Tino (god rest his soul) would be very proud.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 03 Dec 2019, 12:48 pm

Rule 1: The whole point of the Culture Cup is that it's supposed to be a badly organised f*ck up from start to finish with unclear instructions and sarky comments from the organiser when people get it wrong.

Rule 2: Answers will often make little sense, and people will invariably vote for themselves, apart from those who wont, who will complain loudly and often about people who vote for themselves

Rule 3: The winner is always 5hit

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 03 Dec 2019, 12:52 pm

The key in relation to Rule 2 is to maintain an air of snooty superiority when complaining about people who vote for themselves.

Rule 4: - 25% of participants won't respond in time and the whole thing takes 7 months to compete.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 03 Dec 2019, 12:55 pm

Feel free to pin these rules, Flipper.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 03 Dec 2019, 1:57 pm

So we pm dolphin_fiddler our entries?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 03 Dec 2019, 2:16 pm

McLaren wrote:So we pm dolphin_fiddler our entries?

Yes.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 03 Dec 2019, 3:50 pm

Why would you do a Christmas Quiz and ask people for their favourite song, and be surprised that people pick Christmas songs?

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 03 Dec 2019, 4:09 pm

Out of the 13 who sent in their favourite christmas song?

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 03 Dec 2019, 5:19 pm

Beer wrote:Why would you do a Christmas Quiz and ask people for their favourite song, and be surprised that people pick Christmas songs?

And why would you be surprised that people might choose one of the Darkness songs as not only their favourite Christmas song but also as their all time favourite song?

Can't beat a bit of Black Shuck.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 03 Dec 2019, 7:19 pm

TwisT wrote:
Beer wrote:Why would you do a Christmas Quiz and ask people for their favourite song, and be surprised that people pick Christmas songs?

And why would you be surprised that people might choose one of the Darkness songs as not only their favourite Christmas song but also as their all time favourite song?

Cos they're sh1te.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 03 Dec 2019, 7:42 pm

TwisT wrote:

Can't beat a bit of Black man sausage.

Blimey

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 04 Dec 2019, 12:20 am

Because an order needed to be set, I couldn't ask for a Christmas related topic to do it, and I thought you people could read.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Wed 04 Dec 2019, 7:47 am

This seems to be going well.

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Wed 04 Dec 2019, 8:20 am

I'm in.

Entrance of the Gladiators by Fucik.

Seems appropriate too Very Happy

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Wed 04 Dec 2019, 8:21 am

Roller_Coaster wrote:I'm in***.

Entrance of the Gladiators by Fucik.

Seems appropriate too Very Happy

***I'm not in

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 04 Dec 2019, 8:42 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:

Because an order needed to be set, I couldn't ask for a Christmas related topic to do it, and I thought you people could read.

Reading is not the issue. Not reading the entire post before answering/whining/shouting is standard Internet protocol.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 04 Dec 2019, 11:11 am

LondonTiger wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:

Reading is not the issue. Not reading the entire post before answering/whining/shouting is standard Internet protocol.

I'll be damned if I enter a comp that is properly run and doesn't follow standard internet protocol.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down