The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+26
Dave.
plenth
Ozzy3213
rodders
Pal Joey
Notch
HammerofThunor
Breadvan
littleswannygirl
Gibson
MrsP
Suspicious lurker
nottins
Cari
Thomond
Portnoy
Hound_of_Harrow
Mickado
KiaRose
Cymroglan
red_stag
prop_lyd
WillyGilly
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Glas a du
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
30 posters

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 2 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:59 am

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the virtual rugby pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the collage of great current fly-half pictures on the bar. We've got Carter, Cooper, Sexton, S. Jones, Wilkinson, Priestland (in RugbyDreamer's corner Wink ) and Steyn all in action. Graffiti's a banning offence Wink

So pull up a chair....what'll it be?

Ale cider guinness coffee mug cuppa Bubbly RedWine

Last Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t13574-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub#460049

Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by prop_lyd Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:07 pm

red_stag wrote:What about em prop? Smile

4th at present and would have beaten Saints had it not been for Will James.....I know you were worrying they'd struggle during w.c but Redpath has had a stroke of genius at playing Big Les at 12 as well.
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Glas a du Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:12 pm

red_stag wrote:
Glas a du wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:Ah Cari, I've tried a hard hat before. They're a nuisance as you have to keep adjusting them and they make it easier to get your head pulled down and punched. I'll be alright.

You know the answer Rev. Vaseline, Vaseline and more Vaseline.

Spoken like a man familiar with sheep The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 2 2211252749

A ref will never get cauliflower years. raspberry
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:21 pm

You'd be surprised how many teams adopt the tactic of "run at the ref he'll get out of the way" Smile

I reffed a game last year and number 8 did it a lot. Twice I stood my ground and let him bounce him. Gave him a warning he'd be dealt with if he did it again. Once is an accident, twice is a coincidence, three times is a clear pattern Smile
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:28 pm

Great to see the pub engaging in the open discussions as the RWC matches as they progress through. clap clap clap

R5 played the Alice song this morning. It's good.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:30 pm

Portnoy - you know what. F off outa here if you don't like it.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:34 pm

red_stag wrote:Portnoy - you know what. F off outa here if you don't like it.

Seeing as I was applauding the engagement in the main board, I was saying that I like the trend and applauding it - genuinely.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:36 pm

My apologies Portnoy. I was there thinking to myself that we were out on the boards an this clown comes in with sarcastic comments

No worries pal - my bad The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 2 3610695981
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:40 pm

Pax mate.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:41 pm

don't see it as a trend myself, more like the norm considering we've been doing it since the start of v2 but whatever. People will only see what they want.

I've not heard that song yet, shall have to keep an ear out for it.

My biggest disappointment of the day so far: I woke up thinking it was Thursday, and therefore pay day. So gutted it's not Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:53 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:don't see it as a trend myself, more like the norm considering we've been doing it since the start of v2 but whatever. People will only see what they want.

To be honest dreamer, I flagged up the fact that there was as much discussion initially during the RWC inside the pub as outside in the open debate and have been gently monitoring it since. The trend is very favourable.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:55 pm

It's an open rugby forum Portnoy you seem to be missing the fact that we can post where we like.

We've always discussed rugby in here and on other threads. But if you're happy wasting your time monitoring then good for you OK

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:57 pm

Stag,you made a complete fool out of yourself there. You're trying to prove to us you are this great enlightenment thinker and everything.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:59 pm

woo lunch time, excellent!

Anyone able to explain that the bigger breakfast you have, the hungrier you get by lunchtime? Headscratch that always happens to me anyway!

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:00 pm

Thomond wrote:Stag,you made a complete fool out of yourself there. You're trying to prove to us you are this great enlightenment thinker and everything.

I did to be fair.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:00 pm

red_stag wrote:Regs a question. Would you be happy for your country to get knocked out of RWC if it meant your team won this years Heineken Cup.

So:

Ireland lose to Italy and Australia, but Leinster/Munster/Ulster win HEC

Wales lose to Samoa and South Africa and Fiji Smile but Ospreys, Dragons or Scarlets win HEC

You're only asking me cause of Tommy! Wink

Actually, I'd like to see Wales get as far as they can in this RWC - and they need to beat Samoa to do it.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:26 pm

Cari wrote:
red_stag wrote:Regs a question. Would you be happy for your country to get knocked out of RWC if it meant your team won this years Heineken Cup.

So:

Ireland lose to Italy and Australia, but Leinster/Munster/Ulster win HEC

Wales lose to Samoa and South Africa and Fiji Smile but Ospreys, Dragons or Scarlets win HEC

You're only asking me cause of Tommy! Wink

Actually, I'd like to see Wales get as far as they can in this RWC - and they need to beat Samoa to do it.

Are you saying that Wales are only any good when they play a few Scarlets and otherwise this is the year we would have come good?
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:31 pm

Huh? No, I meant the Tommy reference cause he's the only Irishman in the Ospreys...I knew that would get misconstrued as I typed it actually.... Doh

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:10 pm

hehehe I'm up to mischief on other threads Smile
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:13 pm

you best not be making more work for the Mods to do Stag....

I finally got round to letting my doctors surgery know that I moved (conveniently left out teh fact that it was 15 months ago...). Got to find a new surgery to register with now. Such a pain. The one I was with was literally 5 mins from work and 15 mins from the flat, so much more convenient but I'm no longer in the catchment area Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:17 pm

I clean up my own messes Dreamer Smile Can you not go to any doctor?
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:19 pm

Dreamer - that's like me. My local surgery closed and my nearest available doctor is in Llandaf. I have to get the train there.

Staggy - in the NHS you come under a certain area - it's partly to do with local health authorities, but also it's where they have space available. There's a doctor's surgery behind my house but they were full when I asked.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:20 pm

My man works for a doctor. I just call over to his house or else I go in to see him before the surgury is offfcially open.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:22 pm

I can drop in as an emergency patient to any surgery I guess, but that's just a bit of pain. Did that for the first year I lived in Cardiff, just waited until I was back home and went to my local doctors surgery there.

Makes sense for me to be registered here in the Diff though just in case of an emergency.

Cari - I'm going to have to go and register with one in Grangetown. There are 3 with empty places but only one looks half decent so shall have to try there tomorrow. I just find it a bit daft because it's so much further away then the one I go to now!

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:27 pm

Speaking of which one of my mates is after getting some mad disease. Loses all energy at random intervals during the day, can't move any limbs sometimes, passes out and gets pains in all joints. Picked it up in NZ.

Doctors tell him he has it for life Sad He can't teach his class anymore, can't drive and had to quit rugby. And only 23 years old.

The docs are hopeful they'll have a way to manage it within a few months but it could be the summer. Our response was to go to Mini Putt at the weekend and laugh at him when he couldn't pick up his golf ball after putting it into the hole.

I think it made him feel better.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:33 pm

news, in case you haven't heard - Jerry Flannery is on his way home - torn calf muscle. D Varley has been called up.

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:39 pm

that sounds a horrible disease Stag, hope they sort being able to manage it soon

Kia - ah no, really? the poor guy, gutting for him.

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:43 pm

Yea not great for him at all. And he's an active guy too. Rugby, Gaelic Football, Cross country running, did a marathon last year. None of that until it gets fixed. Its awful for him to not be able to teach anymore too. He's so bored.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:46 pm

Aye I can imagine, that must be so horrible to go from being that active to just doing nothing. Sounds like it's some extreme case of glandular fever or something along those lines. horrible.

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:48 pm

Its a form of lupus I beleive.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:52 pm

That's sad when that happens to anyone - especially young active people.

This is a very interesting article:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-14898564

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:54 pm

KiaRose wrote:news, in case you haven't heard - Jerry Flannery is on his way home - torn calf muscle. D Varley has been called up.
Awh sh!t! That's so sad for him. He was doing really well too! Do you think he'll be forced to retire? Crying or Very sad

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:54 pm

Actually you lot met him - that lad who was going on about cycling to Cardiff. He was at HEC Final.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:56 pm

Terrible news about our friend Stag. Aswell as the Fla, I don't know if he will be forced to retire but I think he may retire,can't see him really playing for Ireland again.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:59 pm

Ah no way Staggy! I remember him! He was a teacher wasn't he? Awh that sucks...I hope he gets better soon. Is it ME he has (Yuppy Flu they used to call it)?

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:01 pm

ah no bless him Stag, any form of lupus is not nice at all. Really hope they find a way for him to manage his condition soon. Going to be a lot for him to get used to I guess Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:31 pm

red_stag wrote:Its a form of lupus I beleive.

Lupus is horrible. I have a friend who has it. She has good days and (very) bad days.

But, there is a youngster (well youngster to me Smile ) with very bad ME. Had to drop out of uni in her final year. Was given a pony with a horsey form of ME. The two have rehabilitated together. She is now hoping to get to next year's paralympics!

Maybe your friend Stag needs something similar - I know it's hard and I am sure he is very depressed, but is he really the sort of chap who just mopes around feeling sorry for himself? I suspect not, in which case, maybe he needs to be able to concentrate on looking after something , like a dog or as in my friend's case a pony, which needs a lot of tlc.

Anyway must Run

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:37 pm

Dog or horse won't be possible in a Dublin flat. He needs alternative hobbies and his mates and girlfriend. He's started writing childrens stories which I think he has a talent for. He's also started doing pottery classes and got into cookery. I'm heading up to him weekend after next - I have to go to DCU anyway so I'll stay with him and we'll watch Italy game.

He's also volunteered to teach foreign children English in his school and help with special needs so he's only teaching 1 on 1 basis.

So good attitude anyway at least and above all else no stigma. If we want to take the urine outa him we do so Smile
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:41 pm

Words fail me: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-14915657

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:17 pm

BRILLIANT AD - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R0MhIKUIXA&feature=related
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:45 pm

Stag - sounds like he's definitely got the right attitude to handle his new situation, so the very best of luck to him Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:37 pm

In the words of Paul McCartney or possibly John Lennon or both:

Hello, goodbye Run
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:54 pm

Tumbleweed

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:03 pm

I don't post for the day and the place goes dead

I've to go to court tomorrow, (as a witness, less of that down the back) never done anything like this before should be interesting
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:06 pm

Let confidence be your friend, truth be your guide, and bs be your skill.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:09 pm

hughie just lie as much as possible they cant frame you for that.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:11 pm

Cymroglan wrote:hughie just lie as much as possible they cant frame you for that.

Yeah there's no such thing as perjury...

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:13 pm

No there is no such thing as perjury if you believe it's the truth.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:16 pm

Canada are winning the facial hair competition this rwc. Amazing beards.

Hughie - don't know whether to say I hope court's not too boring for you tomorrow, maybe it would be better if it was!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:20 pm

I haven't seen any of the rugby highlights. I don't like facial hair anyway...

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:23 pm

I'm not a big fan of it Cari, but seriously just some brilliant beards going on.

Samoa looked good, but not as good as I thought they were going to. A lot of their tries came from really basic Namibia mistakes, mistakes I don't see Wales doing (or I really, REALLY hope not). I think they'll have to fight a lot harder to get points against us, but it's still a scarily physical prospect to play against them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next