The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+26
Dave.
plenth
Ozzy3213
rodders
Pal Joey
Notch
HammerofThunor
Breadvan
littleswannygirl
Gibson
MrsP
Suspicious lurker
nottins
Cari
Thomond
Portnoy
Hound_of_Harrow
Mickado
KiaRose
Cymroglan
red_stag
prop_lyd
WillyGilly
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Glas a du
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
30 posters

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 21 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed 14 Sep - 18:59

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the virtual rugby pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the collage of great current fly-half pictures on the bar. We've got Carter, Cooper, Sexton, S. Jones, Wilkinson, Priestland (in RugbyDreamer's corner Wink ) and Steyn all in action. Graffiti's a banning offence Wink

So pull up a chair....what'll it be?

Ale cider guinness coffee mug cuppa Bubbly RedWine

Last Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t13574-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub#460049

Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Wed 14 Sep - 19:36; edited 2 times in total
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 21 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by MrsP Sun 18 Sep - 23:42

Sounds like a familiar argument there Notch!

Whistle

I don't even want to know why you were using that word on here!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 21 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Notch Sun 18 Sep - 23:45

What? I used the word in the exact same post you were replying to!

It's sad, but it's hardly any different than fans calling Arsene Wenger a pederast, singing songs making fun of the Munich Air Disaster, singing songs making fun of the Hillsborough Stadium disaster and so on.

It is par for the course in football. It's not an English/Welsh thing so much as it's what some football fans just do.

By the way, it's a bit off I can't use the word paedophi... on this site. This swear filter is really getting on my jubblies. Just like the BBC, we're not trusted to make our responsible decisions regarding use of language as adults.

I just had to change p(a)edophile to it's synonym pederast. But thats annoying because grown men don't stand up and scream the word 'pederast' at Arsene Wenger. They scream a different word.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 18 Sep - 23:47

Notch - like I said, you spell it the American way Wink

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sun 18 Sep - 23:48

Ah ha!

See it said something different when I read it and I had no idea that some football fans were calling Wenger that!

I am kind of releived!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun 18 Sep - 23:49

I think that the word killed is a far more offensive than the F word.
Hands up all those that would rather be f----d than killed.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 18 Sep - 23:50

Pederast doesn't have the same negative connotations as pedophile and, as a result, my post didn't make sense. Swear filter is stopping us from communicating. Too heavy handed.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 18 Sep - 23:53

I think context is key. Yesterday for example I reported a comment made, not because of the apparent swear words used (they weren't the extreme swear words) but more because the comment was abusive, pointless and in my opinion, offensive. The poster didn't realise that when the mods removed it. They thought it was just the swear words they used.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Mon 19 Sep - 0:00

I like your t-shirt, Thomond

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Mon 19 Sep - 0:04

Feckless Rogue wrote:Hi pub. Just back home.

BREAKING NEWS

1. Ferris cited. For treating Genia like a rugby ball. Picked him up and carried him 15m. Should have kept going and touched the little fella down for a try if you ask me. At least he would have gotten over one of the try lines that way.

2. Les Kiss applies for Asylum seeker status in Ireland.

3. 5 Million of Irish people suddenly claim they were at Eden Park for the match. It's the biggest claimed attendance at a rugby match since 3 million apparently watched Munster beat the All Blacks in 1978.

YahooYahooYahoo

In case you didn't see it, I loved this post from Feckless Rogue earlier today.

The bit I like is the "15m" Ferris carried Genia; yesterday morning it was "10m". What'll it be tomorrow? half the length of the pitch?

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Mon 19 Sep - 0:10

Was RD on here this am or was she still being a party animal.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 19 Sep - 0:10

I saw in some photographs that Ferris took his shirt off and gave it to an Irish fan in the front row. Watch out for it on eBay - smelly sweat patch and all!

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Mon 19 Sep - 0:12

http://www.oddee.com/contrib_10413.aspx

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21