The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+11
Pal Joey
kingraf
superflyweight
Galted
Adam D
seanmichaels
Rowley
ShahenshahG
rIck_dAgless
JuliusHMarx
Mind the windows Tino.
15 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 2 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 09 Jun 2015, 7:56 am

First topic message reminder :

5. Civic

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 2 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 10 Jun 2015, 10:05 am

Rowley wrote:If you ever get the Jon Ronson book from the library you will understand who Bilderberg are. They are the shadowy organisation conspiracy theorists believe run the world.

I know what Bilderberg is, I just couldn't be sure whether Jules was messing around or I was missing something obvious.

Thanks for patronising me though.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 2 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 10 Jun 2015, 10:05 am

It is not that shadowy any more... They are on the news about where their meetings are now held.

Pretty shoddy shaddowy

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 10 Jun 2015, 10:05 am

Rowley wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

Huey Morgan is a fat b*stard these days.

Saw the Fun Loving Criminals live once, they were alright. He is a good front man.

Thought he was a bit of a bell end on Buzzcocks the time he stormed off. In hindsight I reckon 3 hours of filming with let's get down with the trumpets would pi55me off as well.

Missus listens to his radio 6 show at the weekend. Quite a good mix of stuff he plays, ideal for a radox infused soak.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 10 Jun 2015, 10:07 am

Rowley wrote:If you ever get the Jon Ronson book from the library you will understand who Bilderberg are. They are the shadowy organisation conspiracy theorists believe run the world.

I know what Bilderberg is, I just couldn't be sure whether Jules was messing around or I was missing something obvious.

I thought Bilderberg was a south african sausage.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 10 Jun 2015, 10:07 am

Wasn't trying to be patronising, did not get why Jules was making the reference myself. Also did not know how well known Bilderberg are, obviously me and onetwo are in the know, but they operate in the shadows, although on reflection you're that rich you probably attend the meetings.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 10 Jun 2015, 10:09 am

patronising? Are you sure thats the word you meant to use?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 10 Jun 2015, 10:10 am

Rowley wrote:Wasn't trying to be patronising, did not get why Jules was making the reference myself. Also did not know how well known Bilderberg are, obviously me and onetwo are in the know, but they operate in the shadows, although on reflection you're that rich you probably attend the meetings.

You're a moron sometimes.

Now please answer my question on whether Huey Morgan is known as a great guitarist? I'm interested.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 10 Jun 2015, 10:10 am

It means talking down to people Adam, so it probably is.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 10 Jun 2015, 10:10 am

Sometimes I just say stuff as it occurs to me, a propos of nothing.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 10 Jun 2015, 10:11 am

Now please answer my question on whether Huey Morgan is known as a great guitarist?  I'm interested.

I would say he's a lyricist who tries to sing and play guitar.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 10 Jun 2015, 10:12 am

seanmichaels wrote:

Now please answer my question on whether Huey Morgan is known as a great guitarist?  I'm interested.

I would say he's a lyricist who tries to sing and play guitar.

I wasn't asking you. I was asking Jeff. Someone who knows a little bit about music.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 10 Jun 2015, 10:15 am

I know as much as Jeff, I just don't dwell in obscure genres

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 10 Jun 2015, 10:15 am

He was good in M*A*S*H.
And captained England well in the cricket yesterday.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 10 Jun 2015, 10:16 am

The honest answer is I don't know Tina, like you have never really read anything to suggest he is held in huge regard as a guitarist, suspect he was picked because he is comfortable in front of the camera and was willing to do it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 10 Jun 2015, 10:16 am

seanmichaels wrote:I know as much as Jeff, I just don't dwell in obscure genres

I'd be shocked if you tie your own shoelaces in the morning.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 10 Jun 2015, 10:16 am

Missus's boss stayed over last night. He had been to a pub quiz where they gave each team a set of plasticine and they had to make a London tube station. Brilliant idea. I would have been all over cockfosters.....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 10 Jun 2015, 10:17 am

seanmichaels wrote:I know as much as Jeff, I just don't dwell in obscure genres

I'd be shocked if you tie your own shoelaces in the morning.

I do but I must admit they do come undone several times throughout the day.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 10 Jun 2015, 10:18 am

Name the racing driver who has competed in the most F1 Grand Prix without winning the world championship.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 10 Jun 2015, 10:20 am

seanmichaels wrote:Name the racing driver who has competed in the most F1 Grand Prix without winning the world championship.

Huey Morgan

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 10 Jun 2015, 10:20 am

Rowley wrote:The honest answer is I don't know Tina, like you have never really read anything to suggest he is held in huge regard as a guitarist, suspect he was picked because he is comfortable in front of the camera and was willing to do it.

Fair enough. He talked a good game yesterday, all sorts of technical sh*t that I couldn't understand.

But maybe it was more his personality. The other two 'experts' were very good.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 10 Jun 2015, 10:21 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Name the racing driver who has competed in the most F1 Grand Prix without winning the world championship.

Huey Morgan

It is good but it is not right.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 10 Jun 2015, 10:23 am

seanmichaels wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Huey Morgan

It is good but it is not right.

Morgan Fairchild?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 10 Jun 2015, 10:24 am

They should have got SLASH in, that would have been funny.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 10 Jun 2015, 10:25 am

Rowley wrote:They should have got SLASH in, that would have been funny.

Or RICHIE SAMBORA. Would have got SerialDAVE interested at least.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 10 Jun 2015, 10:33 am

The guy from BUSTED was METAL. CHARLIE SIMPSON.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 10 Jun 2015, 10:42 am

The angry kiwi went to Birmingham and back yesterday to see NZ get torn a new one by all his most hated cricketers. He must have got some sun as his head is more crimson than usual. Not been a good few days for him with Hamilton winning. Pity Murray couldn't have won the French to add to his displeasure.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 10 Jun 2015, 11:54 am

Anyone James Last?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 10 Jun 2015, 12:00 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Anyone James Last?

First

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 10 Jun 2015, 12:04 pm

Connection required. Affurs:

1. Here I am again in this mean old town, And you're so far away from me. And where are you when the sun goes down, You're so far away from me.

2. Hey, hey, hey everyone is talking about me, It makes me feel so sad. Hey, hey, hey everyone is laughing at me, It makes me feel so bad.

3. Now I got a job, But it don't pay. I need new clothes, I need somewhere to stay. But without all these things I can do, But without your love I won't make it through

4. Bill Barret has a simple dream, He calls it his plan B. Buildings in the sky and the air is sugar free, And everyone is very friendly.

5. No info, for the, DEA. Federal agents mad cause I'm flagrant. Tap my cell, and the phone in the basement. My team supreme, stay clean. Triple beam lyrical dream, I be that

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Jun 2015, 12:11 pm

If I suggested to the wife that we watch the guitar equivalent of X-Factor/Britain's Got Talent, her eyes would roll round in her head like the reels on a fruit machine. She fails to see the difference between a bunch of semi talented nobodies noodling on guitars who will never become famous and the plethora of "I'm doing it for my gran who just got a machete in the face backstage" blubbing frickwads warbling onstage who will also never become famous (or for very long). However it's all moot as we don't have SKY therefore no access to SKY ARTS and I don't care enough to download the episodes and watch them. I can't play guitar and whilst I have an admiration for those who do, I also f*cking hate the smug c*nts with a passion. Makes listening to Metal more difficult than it would ordinarily.

Afternoon, bastards!

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 10 Jun 2015, 12:13 pm

Sky Arts is really good.

I watched Hall and Oates in concert on there on Saturday night. Rock n Roll indeed.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 10 Jun 2015, 12:14 pm

4 is Magic america by the Blur

5 Is something by Biggie Smalls, but that is the absolute limit of my rap knowledge 

3 is Stand by Me by The clash

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 10 Jun 2015, 12:15 pm

Adam D wrote:
I watched Hall and Oates in concert on there on Saturday night.
W&nker

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 10 Jun 2015, 12:20 pm

seanmichaels wrote:

1. Here I am again in this mean old town, And you're so far away from me. And where are you when the sun goes down, You're so far away from me.

So Far Away.  Dire Straits.

Come on, Jeff.  Just get the abuse out of the way and we can move on.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 10 Jun 2015, 12:23 pm

Can't do it Tina. TSMR was listening to Chris Evans on the way into work and he played a song. I said I quite liked it only for him to reveal at the end it was the new song by Mark Knopfler. One glass house I can not throw stones in any more.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 10 Jun 2015, 12:28 pm

Rowley wrote:Can't do it Tina. TSMR was listening to Chris Evans on the way into work and he played a song. I said I quite liked it only for him to reveal at the end it was the new song by Mark Knopfler. One glass house I can not throw stones in any more.

That has turned my frown upside down.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 10 Jun 2015, 12:34 pm

I'd have crashed the car had TSMR not been in it with me. For an elitist music snob such as myself this is about as bad as it gets.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Jun 2015, 12:55 pm

I'd have punched her in the neck for having Chris Evans on in the car...he's a c*nt!

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 10 Jun 2015, 12:57 pm

Just remember peeps, f*ck the Police... (Sting last though obviously)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 10 Jun 2015, 12:58 pm

Agree Dave, I normally repay her by listening to jazz on the way home, knowing how much she hates it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 10 Jun 2015, 1:04 pm

Rowley wrote:Agree Dave, I normally repay her by listening to jazz on the way home, knowing how much she hates it.

So does Johnny

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 10 Jun 2015, 1:06 pm

Rowley wrote:Can't do it Tina. TSMR was listening to Chris Evans on the way into work and he played a song. I said I quite liked it only for him to reveal at the end it was the new song by Mark Knopfler. One glass house I can not throw stones in any more.

He composed the Last Exit To Brooklyn soundtrack which is a work of genius.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 10 Jun 2015, 1:15 pm

Galted wrote:

He composed the Last Exit To Brooklyn soundtrack which is a work of genius.

You should check out 'Guitar' George he knows all the chords. Mind he's strictly rhythm he doesn't want to make it cry or sing.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 10 Jun 2015, 1:17 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Rowley wrote:Agree Dave, I normally repay her by listening to jazz on the way home, knowing how much she hates it.

So does Johnny

I wish I could turn back the clock and avoid that joke

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Jun 2015, 1:17 pm

Shut up, Galted, Chris Evans did NOT compose the soundtrack to Last Exit To Brooklyn.

PS Always Hated Selby Jr's writing as I, for one, like punctuation occasionally.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 10 Jun 2015, 1:24 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Connection required. Affurs:

1. Here I am again in this mean old town, And you're so far away from me. And where are you when the sun goes down, You're so far away from me. Windows So Far Away

2. Hey, hey, hey everyone is talking about me, It makes me feel so sad. Hey, hey, hey everyone is laughing at me, It makes me feel so bad.

3. Now I got a job, But it don't pay. I need new clothes, I need somewhere to stay. But without all these things I can do, But without your love I won't make it through

4. Bill Barret has a simple dream, He calls it his plan B. Buildings in the sky and the air is sugar free, And everyone is very friendly. Magic Ameica JEFF

5. No info, for the, DEA. Federal agents mad cause I'm flagrant.  Tap my cell, and the phone in the basement. My team supreme, stay clean. Triple beam lyrical dream, I be that

Jeff half right with the clash (wrong song) and Notorious BIG

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 10 Jun 2015, 1:35 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Shut up, Galted, Chris Evans did NOT compose the soundtrack to Last Exit To Brooklyn.

PS Always Hated Selby Jr's writing as I, for one, like punctuation occasionally.

I meant that Jeff composed it.

I also found the punctuation paucity f*cking annoying. Still easier to read than Joyce though.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 10 Jun 2015, 1:36 pm

Train in Vain then Sean, same song.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 10 Jun 2015, 1:38 pm

correct. jules should get number 2. but surely enough there for the connection.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 10 Jun 2015, 1:41 pm

is five called Notorious Sean?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next