The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+10
Adam D
rIck_dAgless
JuliusHMarx
Pal Joey
seanmichaels
Rowley
Union Cane
Galted
Mind the windows Tino.
superflyweight
14 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by superflyweight Wed 14 Jan 2015, 9:35 am

Beautiful - well played  Eat it Tina.

Yeah, I agree. eat it Tina.

Last edited by superflyweight on Thu 15 Jan 2015, 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 14 Jan 2015, 9:36 am

Likewise.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Galted Wed 14 Jan 2015, 9:37 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Galted wrote:Cockblanket.

Do you think that Sean wants you sexually? True, he is much older but do you think he visualizes scenarios, exchanges, f*cking you?

A moderator once tried to test me. I ate his muesli with some milk and a nice Innocent Smoothie.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 14 Jan 2015, 9:38 am

So the new OP will be a blatant contravention of site rules.

To the dogs, is where it has gone, this place.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 14 Jan 2015, 9:41 am

That's what we are, Cane.

Mavericks and rule breakers.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 14 Jan 2015, 9:49 am

You'll be pleased to know I managed to find time for an nice relaxing bath last night tina. A bath, a good book, a bit of John Coltrane and an episode of the world at war. Possibly the perfect evening.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 14 Jan 2015, 9:52 am

Apart from the bath and John Coltrane, that sounds lovely.

I'm happy for you.

Radox?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 14 Jan 2015, 9:53 am

Rowley wrote:You'll be pleased to know I managed to find time for an nice relaxing bath last night tina. A bath, a good book, a bit of John Coltrane and an episode of the world at war. Possibly the perfect evening.

What is world at war?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 14 Jan 2015, 9:56 am

Only one of the finest documentary series ever produced, Seany.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 14 Jan 2015, 9:56 am

An old second world war documentary from the 70s Sean, is absolutely brilliant.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 14 Jan 2015, 9:58 am

The World at War is a programme on the telly about WWII, I am sure it is quite old because it is in black and white, and when I was at school it used to constitute a history lesson whilst the teacher sat at the back surroupticiousley sipping whiskey.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 14 Jan 2015, 9:59 am

Think I saw that at school and returned to watch it again recently but found it a bit boring..... Is there an episode about Bastogne?

Watched Saving PR on Sunday night. That is a film.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 14 Jan 2015, 10:17 am

Union Cane wrote:The World at War is a programme on the telly about WWII, I am sure it is quite old because it is in black and white, and when I was at school it used to constitute a history lesson whilst the teacher sat at the back surroupticiousley sipping whiskey.

Ha ha. Yeah.

The closing credits used to freak me out when the moving frames froze and they all went to sepia. Then that monumental music came in.
Laurence Olivier did the narration. I particularly remember "France Falls" and "Banzai!". Chilling stuff.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 14 Jan 2015, 10:20 am

... and the Desert episode when one of Monty's tank crews cracked an egg on the bonnet of a tank and it sizzled right away.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 14 Jan 2015, 10:36 am

I have only just started it, have just finished the episode on Barbarosa. Gets f*cking cold in them Russian winters.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 14 Jan 2015, 10:40 am

Rowley wrote:I have only just started it, have just finished the episode on Barbarosa. Gets f*cking cold in them Russian winters.
Did you see the bit where Albert Speer (I think) is interviewed?

He says something like: "Ve ver zo dis-con-sooo-let. Ve hardly hed any vinter kloses..."

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 14 Jan 2015, 10:44 am

Brilliant documentary, particularly the start of the closing credits LD mentioned. Recall being upset by footage of a man carrying a tiny coffin through the snow, think it was the episode about the siege of Stalingrad.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 14 Jan 2015, 10:45 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:
Rowley wrote:I have only just started it, have just finished the episode on Barbarosa. Gets f*cking cold in them Russian winters.
Did you see the bit where Albert Speer (I think) is interviewed?

He says something like: "Ve ver zo dis-con-sooo-let. Ve hardly hed any vinter kloses..."

Yes, he was indeed on the episode I have just watched.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 14 Jan 2015, 10:50 am

and all those babushkas digging the super long trench.

You know my old man was there in Nov '43? He got the call up.
It was after Kursk. The Battle of the Lower Dneipr... then all the way back to Bavaria into the hands of Uncle Sam. They were one of the few Divisions (what was left of it) to surrender to Patton's 3rd US Army.

He never liked talking too much about it but over the years he told me many things not many others would know.

He got wounded 3 times.
Once, in the middle of winter... it was -30+ he said to me:
"Actually... the shrapnel wound felt quite good... sort of warm. Made me feel "alive" again.

You wouldn't believe some of the other things he had to say. He was incredibly lucky. He weighed 48kgs at the end. Normal weight was around 80-85.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 14 Jan 2015, 10:59 am

I refuse to go paintballing because I once got hit on the bare hand on a particularly cold day. Unbelievable pain and I'm a hardman. Can't imagine what Bastogne or the Eastern Front must have been like..

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 14 Jan 2015, 11:01 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:and all those babushkas digging the super long trench.

It was after Kursk. The Battle of the Lower Dneipr... then all the way back to Bavaria into the hands of Uncle Sam. They were one of the few Divisions (what was left of it) to surrender to Patton's 3rd US Army.

He never liked talking too much about it but over the years he told me many things not many others would know.

He got wounded 3 times.
"Actually... the shrapnel wound felt quite good... sort of warm. Made me feel "alive" again.

You wouldn't believe some of the other things he had to say. He was incredibly lucky. He weighed 48kgs at the end. Normal weight was around 80-85.

My grandfather on my mums side spent the entire war on various battleships. He was torpedoed a few times and spent substantial time in the water. He couldn't swim a yard. Never could, his entire life. He didn't really talk about it much, but he liked boats as a kid so joined the navy in 1939. Lied on the application forms and spent 6 years at sea despite never learning to swim.

I have his medals at home. Burma Star, that sort of stuff. He was a real hero to me. Never had a single day off sick in his whole working life after the war. Not one single day.

He damaged his left hand a bit in the war and didn't have full use. He used to be able to roll up a ciggie with just his right hand. He'd get the papers out, the baccy, lick it, roll it and light it all with one hand.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 14 Jan 2015, 11:08 am

I got hit by a paintball on the hand and a cold day too. Just north of London...near Epping or somewhere?

Looking at the shorts from Fury, sean.

The Tiger would never engage that close up to a Sherman. From 750m-1000m they could hit a 2m x 2m target almost 100%. It diminished in % the further out they were. My brother once had an epic argument with my Dad who said (depending on terrain, visibility) they could easily pick off T-34s from 2-2.5km.

He was in a Tiger Mk 1. Had caterpillar shot off. Got replaced. Then shot off again. Then, he reckons some senior tank crew guy (he was Armoured Div) told him to "hop off for a while"... since Dad was barely 18. It was along a dirt road with massive pine trees both sides. All of a sudden the trees "lit up on fire" (jabos or artillery... wasn't sure?) so he dived into the ditch on the side as the turret took a direct hit. Left him concussed; phucked up his hearing for the rest of his life. Said he got "a few scratches" from that.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 14 Jan 2015, 11:22 am

There seems to be a real trend of able seaman in the windows dynasty.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 14 Jan 2015, 11:22 am

seanmichaels wrote:There seems to be a real trend of able seaman in the windows dynasty.

Laugh

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 14 Jan 2015, 11:29 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:and all those babushkas digging the super long trench.

He got wounded 3 times.

My grandfather on my mums side spent the entire war on various battleships.  He was torpedoed a few times and spent substantial time in the water.  He couldn't swim a yard.  Never could, his entire life.  He didn't really talk about it much, but he liked boats as a kid so joined the navy in 1939.  Lied on the application forms and spent 6 years at sea despite never learning to swim.

I have his medals at home.  Burma Star, that sort of stuff.  He was a real hero to me.  Never had a single day off sick in his whole working life after the war.  Not one single day.

He damaged his left hand a bit in the war and didn't have full use.  He used to be able to roll up a ciggie with just his right hand.  He'd get the papers out, the baccy, lick it, roll it and light it all with one hand.

Just like our neighbour "Mick". He was Merchant Navy.
He "swam the Channel one and a half times" was his favourite line.
They had to abandon ship 3 times... roughly half way across each time.
We had great cracker nights with his kids (two boys had same names as my brother and I... it was confusing for an outsider!)

Hope I haven't offended or shocked anyone with my above posts. It's one of those things that will always be on my mind. The mind boggles.

Meanwhile, my Mum was prancing around on a sheep farm in Mid Canterbury, NZ... putting hand-made decorations on Topsy... her pet sheep.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 14 Jan 2015, 11:37 am

One of my Grandad's flew a glider into Arnhem during the war although I never met him. The other was a farmer so was at home working the land.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 14 Jan 2015, 11:39 am

seanmichaels wrote:One of my Grandad's flew a glider into Arnhem during the war although I never met him.

A Bridge Too Far.

I love that film.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 14 Jan 2015, 11:43 am

seanmichaels wrote:One of my Grandad's flew a glider into Arnhem during the war although I never met him.

A Bridge Too Far.

I love that film.

I was going to watch it last night but can't work out how to use tv with missus away. She is able to select any film on sky movies regardless of whether it is on or not at that time. Only bad thing about her being away. One of the first times she left i couldn't switch on the TV for 3 days. Turns out it was on, it was just on mute and she'd had radio 6 on so it was a blank screen.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 14 Jan 2015, 11:44 am

seanmichaels wrote:

A Bridge Too Far.

I love that film.

I was going to watch it last night but can't work out how to use tv with missus away. She is able to select any film on sky movies regardless of whether it is on or not at that time. Only bad thing about her being away. One of the first times she left i couldn't switch on the TV for 3 days. Turns out it was on, it was just on mute and she'd had radio 6 on so it was a blank screen.

Glad to see that expensive education wasn't wasted, Seanus.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 14 Jan 2015, 11:45 am

seanmichaels wrote:

A Bridge Too Far.

I love that film.

Glad to see that expensive education wasn't wasted, Seanus.

It'll be fine once I'm trained as an electrician.....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 14 Jan 2015, 11:49 am

Even I can use a TV Sean and I am basically a functioning moron.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 14 Jan 2015, 11:50 am

My dad's dad spent a fair amount of the war in prison for a relatively serious assault on an NCO. He died 5 years before I was born, but he remains my hero to this day.

I like to think that if we ever have another massive global conflict that I too will focus my attentions on handing out a kicking to a jumped up corporal.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 14 Jan 2015, 11:53 am

Rowley wrote:Even I can use a TV Sean and I am basically a functioning moron.

how can i get a movie showing on movies at any time then?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 14 Jan 2015, 11:55 am

I'm not Dozy.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 14 Jan 2015, 11:56 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:I'm not Dozy.

what did you do in the war jules?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 14 Jan 2015, 12:03 pm

Chinese chicken and sweetcorn soup, and turkey and stuffing sandwich, which I subsequently dropped on the floor, and of which there were too many people watching to enforce the 5 second rule...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 14 Jan 2015, 12:04 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:I'm not Dozy.

what did you do in the war jules?

Conscientious objector. I'm a lover not a fighter.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 14 Jan 2015, 12:18 pm

Hope it doesn't turn into WWII top trumps but my maternal grandfather was a liberator/lancaster pilot. He was involved in supply drops over Warsaw during the uprising.

I thought Tino was Del Boy until he mentioned the bit about not liking to talk about it.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 14 Jan 2015, 12:31 pm

Galted wrote:Hope it doesn't turn into WWII top trumps

So do I, because I believe my granddad was a miner and so was exempted from active service.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 14 Jan 2015, 12:33 pm

My Grandad on the Welsh side was down the mines, the Bevin Boys they called them. Not sure about the other one, he died long before I was born and has never been talked about. I must look into that, perhaps he was a spy or something.

I used to live near RAF Scampton where the Dambusters flew from, if that is worth anything.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 14 Jan 2015, 12:37 pm

Galted wrote:
I thought Tino was Del Boy until he mentioned the bit about not liking to talk about it.

First principles, Galted. Simplicity. Read Marcus Aurelius. Of each particular thing ask: what is it in itself? What is its nature? What does he do, this man you seek?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 14 Jan 2015, 1:01 pm

Galted wrote:

First principles, Galted. Simplicity. Read Marcus Aurelius. Of each particular thing ask: what is it in itself? What is its nature? What does he do, this man you seek?

He stalks. That is his nature.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 14 Jan 2015, 1:04 pm

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

He stalks. That is his nature.

No! He drinks cider. That is his nature. And how do we begin to drink cider, Galted? Do we seek out cider to drink? Make an effort to answer now.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 14 Jan 2015, 1:08 pm

Dear windows, I have followed with enthusiasm the course of your disgrace and public shaming. My own never bothered me except for the inconvenience of people stopping me in the street and asking if I am Ray Mears, but you may lack perspective. In our discussions on 606v2 it was apparent to me that your 7 year old son, the dead night watchman, figures largely in your value system. I think your success in blood metal pleased you most because you could imagine your son being pleased. But now, alas, you're in bad odour with the precious metallists and have lost your job to a newly graduated french piece. Do you imagine your son being shamed by your disgrace? Do you see him at primary school crushed by your failure; a sorry, petty end of a promising career? What is worst about this humiliation Windows? Is it how your failure will reflect on your son? Is your worst fear that people will now and forever believe you were indeed just good old scally trash from Runcorn and that perhaps he is too? By the way I couldn't help noticing on the rather dull 606v2 website that I have been hoisted from the site's archives of the badly dressed and elevated to the more prestigious Top 10 FHM worst dressed man list. Is this coincidence, or are you back on my case? If so, goody goody, cause I now have a new collection of awful Gore Tex and sh!tty Hi Tech footwear and intend on returning to public life. I imagine you sitting in a dark basement room bent over papers and computer screens. Is that accurate? Please tell me truly, Windows. Regards, your old pal Galted aka G-Man.
P.S. Clearly this new assignment is not your choice rather I suppose it is a part of the plan to impress Jules but you accepted it Windows. Your job is to craft my doom. So I am not sure how well I should wish you but I'm sure we'll have a lot of fun. Tata, G.

Last edited by seanmichaels on Wed 14 Jan 2015, 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 14 Jan 2015, 1:13 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Dear windows, I have followed with enthusiasm the course of your disgrace and public shaming. My own never bothered me except for the inconvenience of people stopping me in the street and asking if I am Ray Mears, but you may lack perspective. In our discussions on 606v2 it was apparent to me that your 7 year old son, the dead night watchman, figures largely in your value system. I think your success in blood metal pleased you most because you could imagine your son being pleased. But now, alas, you're in bad odour with the precious metallists and have lost your job to a newly graduated french piece. Do you imagine your son being shamed by your disgrace? Do you see him at primary school crushed by your failure; a sorry, petty end of a promising career? What is worst about this humiliation Windows? Is it how your failure will reflect on your son? Is your worst fear that people will now and forever believe you were indeed just good old scally trash from Runcorn and that perhaps he is too? By the way I couldn't help noticing on the rather dull 606v2 website that I have been hoisted from the site's archives of the badly dressed and elevated to the more prestigious Top 10 FHM worst dressed man list. Is this coincidence, or are you back on my case? If so, goody goody, cause I neehave a new collection of awful Gore Tex and sh!tty Hi Tech footwear and intend on returning to public life. I imagine you sitting in a dark basement room bent over papers and computer screens. Is that accurate? Please tell me truly, Windows. Regards, your old pal Galted aka G-Man.
P.S. Clearly this new assignment is not your choice rather I suppose it is a part of the plan to impress Jules but you accepted it Windows. Your job is to craft my doom. So I am not sure how well I should wish you but I'm sure we'll have a lot of fun. Tata, G.

Laugh

Five foot ten, strongly built, about a hundred and eighty pounds; hair blonde, eyes pale blue. He'd be about 40 odd now. He said he lived in London, but he may have lied. That's all I can remember, mum, but if I think of any more, I will let you know. Oh, and Sean, just one more thing: love your suit!

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 14 Jan 2015, 1:19 pm

Presumably some sort of in-jokery going on?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 14 Jan 2015, 1:21 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Presumably some sort of in-jokery going on?

Julius, when I told that moderator we shouldn't talk in front of a woman, that really burned you, didn't it? It was just smoke, Julius. I had to get rid of him.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 14 Jan 2015, 1:23 pm

I'm lost too, Jules...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 14 Jan 2015, 1:24 pm

Ditto...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 14 Jan 2015, 1:24 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Presumably some sort of in-jokery going on?

Julius, when I told that moderator we shouldn't talk in front of a woman, that really burned you, didn't it? It was just smoke, Julius. I had to get rid of him.

Presumably some sort of in-jokery going on?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next