The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

That really grinds my gears thread

+46
Galted
TopHat24/7
Scottrf
rIck_dAgless
JuliusHMarx
Steffan
lfc91
dyrewolfe
nadeem2099
Scott is Back
88Chris05
Tattie Scones RRN
lostinwales
Breadvan
SecretFly
huw
Duty281
President Trump
Corporalhumblebucket
Pr4wn
gw
incontinentia
Adam D
MIG
Hero
ShahenshahG
hampo17
seanmichaels
superflyweight
Mad for Chelsea
McLaren
dummy_half
compelling and rich
Mind the windows Tino.
Marco_Marky - Stuffington
aja424
Ent
Dolphin Ziggler
westisbest
Rowley
kingraf
TRUSSMAN66
Pal Joey
Stella
Derbymanc
Crimey
50 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

That really grinds my gears thread - Page 2 Empty That really grinds my gears thread

Post by Crimey Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

Removed the old one because it was full of crap.

Remember that this section is open only under the condition that it isn't used to attack others. Attacks based on religion was a big reason why it was closed the last two times, so cut it out. If you can't play nicely, don't play at all. 

Next time I'm just deleting the section, it's a waste of my time having to wade through all the crap. This thread is supposed to be light-hearted, keep it that way.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

That really grinds my gears thread - Page 2 Empty Re: That really grinds my gears thread

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:19 pm

Marco_Marky - Stuffington wrote:
Stella wrote:Dog's off leads in public area's.

Why is this an issue? Presumably because they are badly behaved, in which case you have a problem with badly behaved dogs, not those off leads?

Is your dog well behaved, LJ?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

That really grinds my gears thread - Page 2 Empty Re: That really grinds my gears thread

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:24 pm

Haven't had a dog for years..............Remember Rob pestering for one and making all the promises that he'd look after it...walk it..wash it...feed it !!

Then after the novelty wore off...........I had it to do it and I don't even like the things....

Never again..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:25 pm

aja424 wrote:Cyclists.
A good healthy hobbie if done off road or on an appropriate track, but damn right dangerous on a public road.

What annoys you about cyclists? The mess they leave when they are run over by an irresponsible driver?

Maybe if car/van/lorry drivers learn to drive properly, we wouldn't have this issue.

Same goes for cyclists. Some dont cycle properly, some do.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Marco_Marky - Stuffington Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:37 pm

Stella wrote:

Why is this an issue? Presumably because they are badly behaved, in which case you have a problem with badly behaved dogs, not those off leads?

No ALL dogs who decide they want to play with you and your young kids, who don't necessarily know they just want to play. Or dogs who decide to run over your garden, cos it's fun, to which the owners says 'sorry, he doesn't mean any harm. All dogs need to be kept on leads, and all times.

They don't need to be kept on leads. Badly behaved ones yes, but a dog trotting over to say hello causes nobody any harm. As the old saying goes, do go in the shower if you don't want to get wet.... well, don't go to a park where people obviously take there dogs, if you don't want one of them to come within a few feet of you. Yes by all means get annoyed if they start jumping up, but most will just walk past if you pay them no attention, much like a child.

So no, dogs must not be kept on leads and to suggest they should is silly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marco_Marky - Stuffington Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:37 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

Yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:38 pm

Yes.

What's going on with Newcastle? They've given up haven't they?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marco_Marky - Stuffington Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:38 pm

Apart from the time she killed a cat, but that is just nature taking it's course... isn't it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Marco_Marky - Stuffington Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:40 pm

Yes.

What's going on with Newcastle?  They've given up haven't they?

I should point out for the record I have no idea what or who LJ is...

However, I do also support Newcastle, and yes we are Poopie. How are you doing? Still just got the 8 kids? Anymore planned?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:40 pm

You have a Bichon Frise don't you? Or was it a Labradoodle, I can't remember.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Marco_Marky - Stuffington Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:42 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:You have a Bichon Frise don't you?  Or was it a Labradoodle, I can't remember.

She's a massive snarling illegal pit bull. She's lovely.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:44 pm

The two quotes that gave you away, Jack:

Jacky boy wrote: The guy was a real hero of mine, aside from being a fat, red-faced, alcoholic waste of space.

and

My old pal, Lumbering Jack wrote: Lots of closet homosexuals on this forum. Be brave you bunch of woofties.

Just the 5, but no more planned, other than with Galted's girlfriend if she cleans herself up a bit.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:45 pm

If your in a public place where kids are playing football etc then your dog should be kept on a lead, it's about having respect for other people and not just thinking YOUR the important one.

If you go to a park with a dedicated dog area and your still walking round with your dog off a lead then you should be strangled very slowly with said lead.

I don't care if your dog just wants to play, I don't want the little dump jumping up at me and I definitely don't want him popping the kids ball. Oh his growling is just his way of saying hello, my boot up his arse is mine.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Marco_Marky - Stuffington Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:48 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:The two quotes that gave you away, Jack:

Jacky boy wrote: The guy was a real hero of mine, aside from being a fat, red-faced, alcoholic waste of space.

and

My old pal, Lumbering Jack wrote: Lots of closet homosexuals on this forum. Be brave you bunch of woofties.

Just the 5, but no more planned, other than with Galted's girlfriend if she cleans herself up a bit.

Happy days eh...

I'm actually a lot more liberal in my views these days however. I'm now a father, which didn't go very smoothly at all and because of this I have learned to be a lot more tolerant of people, and don't judge people anymore (well, not completely but you get my drift).

That said, you are all still a bunch of big closet woofties!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Marco_Marky - Stuffington Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:50 pm

Derbymanc wrote:If your in a public place where kids are playing football etc then your dog should be kept on a lead, it's about having respect for other people and not just thinking YOUR the important one.

If you go to a park with a dedicated dog area and your still walking round with your dog off a lead then you should be strangled very slowly with said lead.

I don't care if your dog just wants to play, I don't want the little dump jumping up at me and I definitely don't want him popping the kids ball. Oh his growling is just his way of saying hello, my boot up his arse is mine.

This is just silly. And you talk of tolerance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:56 pm

Explain why its silly

As your now a father LJ, wait until the first time a dog growls at your kid and then tell me it's silly.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Marco_Marky - Stuffington Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:58 pm

Derbymanc wrote:Explain why its silly

Because you are associating the lack of a lead with dogs behaving badly. Lead or no lead, a dog can pop a ball and jump up on you. Dogs are easier to control on leads, but I see no sensible reason for keeping a dog on a lead if they are well behaved.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marco_Marky - Stuffington Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:00 pm

Derbymanc wrote:Explain why its silly

As your now a father LJ, wait until the first time a dog growls at your kid and then tell me it's silly.

Did I argue anything to the contrary? We were talking about leads, not aggression to children.

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:05 pm

Because something as small as a dog being too hot can make him turn. That's the reason why you have areas just for dogs and why dogs should be kept on a lead in public places. Your dog turns and bites me or my kids and you stating 'well he's normally a really good boy' isn't gonna make it better.

Dog jumping all over my lad as a baby - done
Dog popped both the kids balls - done
Dog growling at me and the kids - done

Excuse from owners 'well he's normally a good boy' (Well one said nothing after the dog popped the ball and carried on walking (for the best as I wasn't exactly happy)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:23 pm

Some very good points Derby.

Congrats on fatherhood marco(lj).

What age is your son/daughter.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:25 pm

To be fair to Marco as well it is only the bad behaved ones you remember. Still should be on a lead in certain places though Very Happy (Forgot to say congrats on the little 'un too LJ)

People that mistreat their animals, just watching Animal Cops and it's horrible. If you can't afford to look after your pet then either don't get one or find someone to look after it.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:04 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:The two quotes that gave you away, Jack:

and

Tino really grinds my gears.  Him shagging my girlfriend wouldn't be so annoying if he didn't jizz on my Hi-Tecs afterwards.  Was bad enough when Julius was leaving his monocle on my head before doing her.

Idiots.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:01 pm

Stoats on leads.

I'm often waiting at pedestrian crossings for ages. One time it's front paws had reached the other side but it's arse was still only half way across.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:39 am

People that are familiar with a certain routine, procedure or piece of equipment that have a lack of patience when other people cannot instantly grasp it on their first attempt.
They use this as evidence of superiority and look at you and others within the vicinity as though you have no common sense because the said task is just so obvious, thus making them look switched on but at your expense.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:13 am

Little fashion dogs. They're all Kumquat

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:31 am

aja424 wrote:People that are familiar with a certain routine, procedure or piece of equipment that have a lack of patience when other people cannot instantly grasp it on their first attempt.
They use this as evidence of superiority and look at you and others within the vicinity as though you have no common sense because the said task is just so obvious, thus making them look switched on but at your expense.
Similar experience in the office the other day as talk turned to gardening...I have no frickin clue about this stuff but being the owner of a bit of grass I'm responsible for it. It's looking patchier than Wayne Rooney's noggins so decided to re-seed it. Nothing! Went to a garden centre and the guy told me it was too early as the soil is still too cold. Also gave me a tip re mixing seed with sharp sand raking the lawn before sewing etc.

Casually mentioned this in the office and was stared at like I'd just said I wasn't properly toilet trained.

"Puh, I could have told you that!" ("Well why didn't you?")

When I asked what the ratio of sand to seed should be, I got the shoulder shrugs and "How should I know?" response. (I thought you knew everything mate...except that a pagoda isn't called a pagola)

But I agree with your general gripe "What?!?!? You don't know how to work Matsudoshi 61961XFD5?!?!!? You C*NT!!!!"

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:18 pm

Driving through Alderley Edge to take my Wife to visit her Mum and Dad......and there were lots of flowers put next to a tree on a Country road.........

Apparently some teenage girl had tried to overtake a tractor..Thinking nothing was coming the other way...and instead of a head on clash drove off the road....(fairplay to her)

What a waste.........Her life and her parents lives ruined forever by a trivial act....

Everything you love.........All your hopes and aspirations..............gone boom just like that !!!

She didn't deserve that..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:43 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
aja424 wrote:People that are familiar with a certain routine, procedure or piece of equipment that have a lack of patience when other people cannot instantly grasp it on their first attempt.
Similar experience in the office the other day as talk turned to gardening...I have no frickin clue about this stuff but being the owner of a bit of grass I'm responsible for it. It's looking patchier than Wayne Rooney's noggins so decided to re-seed it. Nothing! Went to a garden centre and the guy told me it was too early as the soil is still too cold. Also gave me a tip re mixing seed with sharp sand raking the lawn before sewing etc.

Casually mentioned this in the office and was stared at like I'd just said I wasn't properly toilet trained.

When I asked what the ratio of sand to seed should be, I got the shoulder shrugs and "How should I know?" response. (I thought you knew everything mate...except that a pagoda isn't called a pagola)

But I agree with your general gripe "What?!?!? You don't know how to work Matsudoshi 61961XFD5?!?!!? You C*NT!!!!"

Your lawn's almost certainly patchy because it sits atop a layer of dead prostitutes which haven't decomposed properly.  Is it doing any better now that there's an office w@nker fertilising it from beneath?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:06 am

This is exactly the kind of stuff I´m on about.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:26 pm

Galted wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Your lawn's almost certainly patchy because it sits atop a layer of dead prostitutes which haven't decomposed properly.  Is it doing any better now that there's an office w@nker fertilising it from beneath?

My job is dull enough without having to spend all day talking about lawns...

Rather talk about dead prostitutes..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:33 pm

My cat eating the leaves on my chilli plants, the little git, hope they eventually fruit and he tries one of the ghost chillis steam

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:34 pm

No way??!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:17 pm

Leaving the water in the sink eeeurghhh, and the fact it's warm outside but cold in the house.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:56 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Someone stabbed my car tyre. I hope that person gets bronchitis  

we had one recently where a guy went round and slashed hundreds of tyres all round the area, got my missus car on all four tyres and pretty much everybody elses on the street. he's been caught since and arrested but probably least of his worries knowing some of the peoples tyres he has slashed

caught him on our cctv casual as you like just stabbing them all, not even a young kid either. deserves all the beatings he will get, cant be the brightest think his mate had just opened a new tyre firm. like people wouldn't look there first

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:00 pm

A good healthy hobbie if done off road or on an appropriate track, but damn right dangerous on a public road.

motorists, who think they own the road and dont pay any attention to anything else on the road. probably smoking, on the phone, eating changing radio. motorist bumps a cyclist he might dent the car but could kill the cyclist, i know who i back for concentrating the most and there are a lot more poor drivers out there than poor cyclists

twice i've had women pull right out on me on my bike without even looking, i generally try to avoid the main roads these days

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:07 pm

i hate it when kids are let off and just run around in public places without the owners looking after them, coming over to you like i want to play with them. do one you little sh!t im trying to get drunk on this bench

can i ask if im not allowed to let my dog off in public places , how am i supposed to exercise it. pretty much every open space is a public place

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:31 pm

You walk it on it's leash until you get to somewhere where dogs are allowed off Wink

Agree with you about the kids bit, while my 2 do have a play (and did at beefeater yesterday) they're not allowed to go wandering up to people and are told to keep it down (my lad has a tendency to shout a lot) Really annoying then when someone has their scrote running through everyone or slamming the Effin sign every 5 seconds.

On that note as well though, groups of lads/youngsters/hen parties/stag do's etc that sit behind you in the pub garden (after you've moved out of the way of everyone else and there's seats everywhere else) and proceed to swear their heads off. (Same in a restaurant during the afternoon, asswipes.)

The missus being unable to sleep and deciding it's necessary to wake me up and tell me, 'congratulations, now we're both up and i'm in a mood cause you won't stop talking to me'

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:46 pm

walking around any where near a school or college and whole gangs of students taking up the whole pavement and dont close up a bit meaning you have to walk on the road just to get out of the way, bit grumpy in my age now i just barge through them all, helps im 6,2 and 17 stone though

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:52 pm

Went to Hooters on Friday, and the waitress was not Hooters standard. Didn't help that the Hooters Bikini contest was playing and she didn't compare favourably. She had incredible knockers though.

Anyway, going out and people ignoring where the smoking section begins. I'd rather not have my shirt smelling like the Marlboro factory thank you very much.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:27 pm

compelling and rich wrote:

motorists, who think they own the road and dont pay any attention to anything else on the road. probably smoking, on the phone, eating changing radio. motorist bumps a cyclist he might dent the car but could kill the cyclist, i know who i back for concentrating the most and there are a lot more poor drivers out there than poor cyclists

twice i've had women pull right out on me on my bike without even looking, i generally try to avoid the main roads these days

Women drivers are the worst I've noticed when cycling round London. Totally fooking clueless. London bus drivers are arrogant ignorant maniacs also.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:41 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
compelling and rich wrote:

Women drivers are the worst I've noticed when cycling round London.  Totally fooking clueless.  London bus drivers are arrogant ignorant maniacs also.

Sounds sexist but I have to agree..............Whenever I'm slowed up........Have someone do something stupid in front of me..........First thoughts are bet it's a woman..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:43 pm

TH
You have to admit there are quite a few kumquats cycling round London though...

As both a cyclist and driver, it really annoys me when cyclists totally ignore rules of the road (traffic lights in particular), and London seems to have more of these than elsewhere.

Back a few comments, Derbymanc raises one that bothers me a lot now (as the father of a three year old) - older kids and adults swearing like fish wives for no good reason when my kid can hear. I know I'm not perfect, but you really try to be appropriate in moderating your language when there are kids (or my mother...) present.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:44 pm

Even the missus hates women drivers.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:48 pm

dummy_half wrote:TH

As both a cyclist and driver, it really annoys me when cyclists totally ignore rules of the road (traffic lights in particular), and London seems to have more of these than elsewhere.

Back a few comments, Derbymanc raises one that bothers me a lot now (as the father of a three year old) - older kids and adults swearing like fish wives for no good reason when my kid can hear. I know I'm not perfect, but you really try to be appropriate in moderating your language when there are kids (or my mother...) present.

Both bad cyclists and bad drivers a plenty in London, DH. Cycling over winter was a joy as the roads were less hectic with the former. As it brightens up now the situation will get worse, it's the fairweather cyclists that are often more maverick.

Only rule I ignore is pedestrian lights. Always stop at traffic lights. But pedestrian ones are a mofo, especially as the majority of time the ped is long gone and you're stopping for nothing (often when most in need of momentum).

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:40 pm

Religion. Tumbleweed
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:44 pm

Crimey's gonna git ya.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:59 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
dummy_half wrote:TH

Both bad cyclists and bad drivers a plenty in London, DH.  Cycling over winter was a joy as the roads were less hectic with the former.  As it brightens up now the situation will get worse, it's the fairweather cyclists that are often more maverick.

Only rule I ignore is pedestrian lights.  Always stop at traffic lights. But pedestrian ones are a mofo, especially as the majority of time the ped is long gone and you're stopping for nothing (often when most in need of momentum).

In Bordeaux (and I suspect other cycle-friendly cities), they very sensibly have a little sign which means cyclists are allowed to ride through pedestrian lights when they're red, and equally quite a few traffic lights have a sign allowing cyclists to turn right (both signs indicating to proceed with caution) for which there is of course little danger (in the UK it would be turning left). This is all eminently sensible IMO, and I have almost never had any problems cycling around here - well, once a car cut across me on a roundabout, but that's about it. Equally we have very few bad cyclists. Yes some are less bothered than others by traffic lights, but from what I've noticed they tend to be very considerate of other road users, and very careful about what they're doing (rightly so, as a mistake can easily prove fatal...)

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:24 pm

Football hooligan books in the same section as SAS and boxing biographies. The amount of blood,sweat,tears and sheer hardness to get anywhere in the military or prizefighting is immense, and some fat bloke who has to get steaming to have a girly fight is placed in the same section!!!

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:29 pm

Gillets. WTF are they all about?
If it's that cold then my arms will need to be covered also!
If it's too warm for a regular jacket with sleeves on, then I simply won't wear one!

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:09 pm

Cab drivers who think it's ok to block roads whilst waiting for fares..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:38 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Cab drivers who think it's ok to block roads whilst waiting for fares..

Hearses are the bloody same!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next