The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread

+64
Duty281
1GrumpyGolfer
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
SharkSoul
Mike Power
kingraf
VDT
theundisputedY2D2
BlueCoverman
rodders
FIFA Diva
rIck_dAgless
JubbaIsle
JPX
MIG
kittenv2
Diggers
Bathman_in_London
Breadvan
TRUSSMAN66
Dr Gregory House MD
VTR
Galted
Lumbering_Jack
westisbest
Fists of Fury
two_tone
Mr Bounce
Nakatomi Plaza
Corporalhumblebucket
trottb
Beer
Dave.
Scott is Back
JuliusHMarx
The Boss
Crimey
dummy_half
ShahenshahG
GSC
GG
Mike Selig
Ent
Liam
TopHat24/7
littleswannygirl
Il Gialloblu
as1079
B91212
alfie
Adam D
Mat
Cari
liverbnz
President Trump
Hero
eirebilly
Kenny
Good Golly I'm Olly
Derbyblue
Biltong
Enforcer
Luckless Pedestrian
Pal Joey
68 posters

Page 1 of 22 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next

Go down

The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread Empty The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread

Post by Pal Joey Mon 23 Apr 2012 - 10:18

by Big Daddy Bee on Sat Jan 29 2011, 05:39
So then people what really annoys you.

No matter how big or trivial it is, this is the thread to vent your anger and annoyance.

Last thread: https://www.606v2.com/t199p950-the-that-really-grinds-my-gears-thread

Last edited by Linebreaker on Sat 5 Oct 2013 - 20:55; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread Empty Re: The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 23 Apr 2012 - 10:20

Just reposting my last one:

I remember watching the London Marathon when I was growing up and whenever they wanted to interview someone taking part, the interviewer would run alongside them to get a few words. These days, the competitor stops for a few minutes, has a chat, and then sets off again. Shouldn't they have to start the race again? If you're allowed to stop as many times as you like and take as long as you like, where's the challenge?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread Empty Re: The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread

Post by Pal Joey Mon 23 Apr 2012 - 10:34

Thanks mate... I was thinking about doing that.

Talking about marathons - what about those pacemakers who run at near world record pace for about 35km... sometimes more, then pull off onto the footpath?

Surely if they're that quick over such a long distance... what's another 5-7 km? I'd love to see one keep going and break a world record.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 23 Apr 2012 - 10:35

I used to think exactly the same thing when I was younger; why don't they just keep going? So what if they've already agreed to drop out after however many laps! Laugh

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 23 Apr 2012 - 10:38

I suppose they'd be out of a job though... but I still say: Go For Glory! Very Happy

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 23 Apr 2012 - 10:42

You'd be tempted though, wouldn't you?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 23 Apr 2012 - 10:51

Here's one.

The Labor Government in this country is on the ropes. All States are now Liberal or Lib/Nat Coalition. Massive landslide victories in NSW and more recently in Queensland. They now estimate that Labor would be lucky to win 1 seat there if there was another Election held in Qld tomorrow. Labor is barely functioning as a political party.

Now the Opposition Leader is live on the 7:30 Report and he is being asked: "What will you do? / What can you offer? / Is there anything you want to say to the people... here... now? "

Do you think we got an answer? No.

Only "I'm not going to say anything on here now / I'm not going to speculate on that now / Let's wait and see"

And this guy was an ex-boxer apparently? Laugh
What a complete wuss!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Apr 2012 - 10:55

I dislike drivers who go too fast in the rain. It's dangerous, and it also results in sending up great sprays of disgusting scummy roadside water and unsuspecting pedestrians!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 23 Apr 2012 - 10:56

You'd think he didn't want the votes! But yes, it's annoying as hell when an interviewee won't answer a question - especially when it's a politician. The only thing more annoying is when the interviewer lets them get away with it.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 23 Apr 2012 - 10:58

Dreamer, when I lived in Cardiff, I was walking along North Road on the way to work one day in heavy rain. I swear one driver drove closer to the kerb just so he could go through a puddle and splash me!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Apr 2012 - 11:39

I know! I really do think they do it deliberately sometimes!

Although I will say, at least a Bus driver had beeped and gestured for pedestrians to move as he knew he was going to send up a massive wave of water as he drove past.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 23 Apr 2012 - 11:41

A considerate bus driver? Now I've heard it all! Wink

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Apr 2012 - 11:53

ha I know! he must have been new to the job....

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Mon 23 Apr 2012 - 12:21

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Dreamer, when I lived in Cardiff, I was walking along North Road on the way to work one day in heavy rain. I swear one driver drove closer to the kerb just so he could go through a puddle and splash me!

There are some terrible spots on North Road where it is almost impossible to not send up a massive spray - of course if people showed a little consideration it would be much better!

When I was younger and walking my sister to school along there in snowy weather, a car sped through a puddle of slush and sent it straight over her head. It was obviously the funniest thing ever to a 10 year old me, but I've no idea how it missed me - which would have made it a lot less funny!

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 23 Apr 2012 - 12:47

What I love to listen to are when political parties come into power and they have for example used education in their campaign. They criticised the ruling party about the problems they see in a country's education system and promises to rectify it.

Once in power little happens and then when it comes to the end of their term, the challenning political party criticises the education system and if they win, then little happens again.

It is a rollercoaster of blame being thrown around, nothing is really solved and it just goes to and fro.The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread Banghe10

Who needs politicians.The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread Idunno10
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 23 Apr 2012 - 12:49

I wonder how long it is before the party in power can no longer blame the previous goverment for a country's problems.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 23 Apr 2012 - 12:51

From experience in SA, as long as they want to.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Mon 23 Apr 2012 - 14:54

rugbydreamer wrote:I dislike drivers who go too fast in the rain. It's dangerous, and it also results in sending up great sprays of disgusting scummy roadside water and unsuspecting pedestrians!!
It is bad when drivers send up great sprays of unsuspecting pedestrians.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Apr 2012 - 16:28

Laugh I hadn't noticed that typo! I think I'm just going to leave it in.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 23 Apr 2012 - 17:16

Derbyblue wrote:
rugbydreamer wrote:I dislike drivers who go too fast in the rain. It's dangerous, and it also results in sending up great sprays of disgusting scummy roadside water and unsuspecting pedestrians!!
It is bad when drivers send up great sprays of unsuspecting pedestrians.

One of them "flew over the cuckoos nest" Whistle
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 23 Apr 2012 - 17:44

It really annoys me when people whisper and then look at you straight after. Then you ask them what they were whispering about and they won't tell you! furious
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 25 Apr 2012 - 23:29

Over opinionated sports presenters on tv who try and force their way of thinking on you , i dont care if you have played the game or watched it for years ! i can make my own mind up thank you .

It also annoys me when commentators try and prempt things , for example the darts when after one dart they say " this has a maximum written all over it " or in the rugby were a decision goes to the video ref and they are like " definate try has to be " only for the replay to show a knock on !
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 26 Apr 2012 - 6:59

I really hate cyclists in Holland. They have the right of way in most places but even when they dont they ride out in front of you and if you hit them, you are in the wrong even if they rode out in front of you.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 26 Apr 2012 - 7:50

People that use St George's Day as an excuse to post xenophobic comments on their status on Facebook.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Fri 27 Apr 2012 - 15:20

Women who spray themselves with loads of perfume while they are in a lift, its a confined bloody space have some cop-on you smelly bitches

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Fri 27 Apr 2012 - 15:24

I feel the same about people spraying in the office, really winds me up. If I wanted to work somewhere that smelt of perfume I'd work in Boots, get yourselves to the toilet if you smell that bad!

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed 2 May 2012 - 9:16

I hate people in offices that feel that they are so important that they have to walk by every office talking as loudly as they can on their phone in the vein hope that everyone finds them important.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 2 May 2012 - 11:37

People who wear stupid flowery shorts to the gym. It's Belfast you plonker, not Florida.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 2 May 2012 - 13:09

It doesn't really wind me up, but women who professes they don't have gas.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 2 May 2012 - 16:30

The thing that grinds my gears the most is the wife ! man can she go on
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 2 May 2012 - 18:43

Motorists not indicating. Tosspots! As a pedestrian, it's f***king annoying and dangerous. Near my work there's a roundabout, and I've lost count of the number of times I've almost been hit by a motorist I've walked out in front of because they weren't indicating which turning they were taking. I don't think clairvoyancy was included in The Highway Code...

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 2 May 2012 - 18:46

Dicey Reilly wrote:Women who spray themselves with loads of perfume while they are in a lift, its a confined bloody space have some cop-on you smelly bitches

Being sat on a crowded bus behind someone who has really strong BO is worse. Come on, you must know when you smell that bad. This person wasn't even a tramp - it was a young trendy looking lad!

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Wed 2 May 2012 - 19:31

My mate saying he'll give me a lift tonight, then deciding he's not going to anymore cos he's had a better offer.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 2 May 2012 - 19:33

Mat wrote:My mate saying he'll give me a lift tonight, then deciding he's not going to anymore cos he's had a better offer.

Well he is a good mate, rip into him Mat!

Wanna hear a good mate though. Our mate has a girlfriend that he always ditches us for. But he said that he was going to come to prom in our limo, and we sorted it all out and everything. Then he just decided to go with his girlfriend and ditch us. He can never make that up
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 3 May 2012 - 6:45

Cari wrote:Motorists not indicating. Tosspots! As a pedestrian, it's f***king annoying and dangerous. Near my work there's a roundabout, and I've lost count of the number of times I've almost been hit by a motorist I've walked out in front of because they weren't indicating which turning they were taking. I don't think clairvoyancy was included in The Highway Code...

Not to be a pain in the arse, but should you really be anticipating what motorists will be doing when on foot and walking out in front of them? Anything can happen, they may indicate but have to swerve to miss something and hit you anyway. Having seen someone get hit buy a car (came off ok) i always wait until they are past me before walking on to the road.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Thu 3 May 2012 - 8:10

Indicating at roundabouts seems to be a massive problem for a lot of people. They indicate when the don't need to and don't indicate when the should. It drives me up the wall.

Also, being stuck behind a long convoy of traffic in the morning, usually headed up by a lorry. It's not the lorry that annoys me as it's understandable they go a little slower but the people that bunch up behind them get on my wick. Either overtake the lorry or leave enough space for someone else to overtake you.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 3 May 2012 - 11:24

It annoys me that the BBC have chosen Richard Hammond to host their Planet Earth Live programme. What qualifies him to front a natural history programme? They have several excellent presenters with backgrounds in natural history (and broadcasting experience) who they could have used instead. Jobs for the chuffing boys! steam

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 3 May 2012 - 11:29

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:It annoys me that the BBC have chosen Richard Hammond to host their Planet Earth Live programme. What qualifies him to front a natural history programme? They have several excellent presenters with backgrounds in natural history (and broadcasting experience) who they could have used instead. Jobs for the chuffing boys! steam

+1. I find him quite funny on Top Gear but he isfast becomming the most annoying person on TV.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 3 May 2012 - 11:32

It's just a baffling choice of presenter, Billy. It would be like the BBC choosing Kate Humble* to host a series about aeroplanes.

* Actually, they've already used her to co-host a show about the earth's orbit of the sun, so choosing hosts who have no background in the subject matter must be the in thing at the Beeb.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 3 May 2012 - 11:38

I think you had it right earlier, jobs for the boys. It just seems so fake that he is presenting something that he has absolutely no clue about.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 3 May 2012 - 11:40

Exactly. He'll be speaking with no authority.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 3 May 2012 - 11:55

I just like the people to know exactly what they are talking about. You can then get more involved because you can see their enthusiasm about sharing their knowledge.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 3 May 2012 - 11:56

Ugh, they're playing 'Stand Up' by Jessie J again on Radio 2. It is beyond sh!te. Not even Natasha Bedingfield at her most self-indulgent could have recorded such a terrible song, performed in such a cringe-making way. She's trying to sound West Indian or something. Silly bint.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 3 May 2012 - 12:06

Who is Jessie J?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 3 May 2012 - 12:11

Laugh You're lucky if you don't know!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 3 May 2012 - 12:12

Seriously, who is he/she?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 3 May 2012 - 12:14

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Exactly. He'll be speaking with no authority.

He was the ideal host for Wipeout though!

And he is only the second most annoying person on TV whilst Sarah Milligan lives.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 3 May 2012 - 12:20

eirebilly wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:It annoys me that the BBC have chosen Richard Hammond to host their Planet Earth Live programme. What qualifies him to front a natural history programme? They have several excellent presenters with backgrounds in natural history (and broadcasting experience) who they could have used instead. Jobs for the chuffing boys! steam

+1. I find him quite funny on Top Gear but he isfast becomming the most annoying person on TV.

He is trying to hard to be Jeremy Clarkson.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 3 May 2012 - 12:20

She's a singer, Billy. At the moment she's one of the judges / mentors on the BBC's 'The Voice' programme, if you've ever seen that.

Adam, Total Wipeout is superb TV. Very Happy

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 3 May 2012 - 12:24

O that woman. We get the Voice here on the BBC. She is a feican eejit. Is she famous?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 22 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next