The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

That really grinds my gears thread

+46
Galted
TopHat24/7
Scottrf
rIck_dAgless
JuliusHMarx
Steffan
lfc91
dyrewolfe
nadeem2099
Scott is Back
88Chris05
Tattie Scones RRN
lostinwales
Breadvan
SecretFly
huw
Duty281
President Trump
Corporalhumblebucket
Pr4wn
gw
incontinentia
Adam D
MIG
Hero
ShahenshahG
hampo17
seanmichaels
superflyweight
Mad for Chelsea
McLaren
dummy_half
compelling and rich
Mind the windows Tino.
Marco_Marky - Stuffington
aja424
Ent
Dolphin Ziggler
westisbest
Rowley
kingraf
TRUSSMAN66
Pal Joey
Stella
Derbymanc
Crimey
50 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

That really grinds my gears thread - Page 20 Empty That really grinds my gears thread

Post by Crimey Mon 06 Apr 2015, 2:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

Removed the old one because it was full of crap.

Remember that this section is open only under the condition that it isn't used to attack others. Attacks based on religion was a big reason why it was closed the last two times, so cut it out. If you can't play nicely, don't play at all. 

Next time I'm just deleting the section, it's a waste of my time having to wade through all the crap. This thread is supposed to be light-hearted, keep it that way.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

That really grinds my gears thread - Page 20 Empty Re: That really grinds my gears thread

Post by compelling and rich Wed 23 Jan 2019, 12:15 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
SecretFly wrote:....With 20 tiny dials on them for anything from weather analysis to lottery number predictions.......

what difference at this point does it make!?

I want one. You've convinced me. Must be massive. Will need wizard sleeves to wear it I guess. Is it water resistant to 50m? Just in case I find myself suddenly submerged.

plenty of the girls round near me should be fine then Whistle

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

That really grinds my gears thread - Page 20 Empty Re: That really grinds my gears thread

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 24 Jan 2019, 4:20 pm

compelling and rich wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
SecretFly wrote:....With 20 tiny dials on them for anything from weather analysis to lottery number predictions.......

what difference at this point does it make!?

I want one. You've convinced me. Must be massive. Will need wizard sleeves to wear it I guess. Is it water resistant to 50m? Just in case I find myself suddenly submerged.

plenty of the girls round near me should be fine then Whistle

Steady on.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 01 Feb 2019, 7:46 pm

Or simply, a stick.
Somebody has reviewed it too.
Marvelous...

Wilko Wooden Paint Stirrer
https://www.wilko.com/wilko-wooden-paint-stirrer/p/0454522

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 05 Feb 2019, 12:25 pm

Wouldn't say it grinds my gears....But I work in offices relatively close to Piccadilly Station in Manchester and sometimes I get the train...Posted a short distance away from the entrance is a Jehovah witness stall with fresh faced types and near them is an array of Homeless individuals in various degrees of health...Most of it bad..

Find it somewhat ironic I'm being told by these people..God is all around me while him and they...don't seem particularly interested in the plight of those in and around them..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 06 Feb 2019, 6:44 pm

ah the spice heads of Piccadilly! it really is horrific round there now. dont envy you truss, working there everyday.

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 12 Feb 2019, 11:07 am

Since when did it become the norm for ‘important’ public announcements or political statements to be briefed to media outlets before the actual event?

WTF is the point of the actual event then going ahead? Why does Her Maj bother to actually deliver her Christmas Day message anymore as it’s always now trailed in the media? ‘The Queen will say “blah, blah, blah, coming together, blah, blah, times of need, blah, blah, children” ‘

Good current example:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47206286

**** off! Why don’t we just wait to see what she actually says?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Tue 05 Mar 2019, 10:26 am

Restaurants that bring things to your table unasked (bread, olives etc) and then charge you for them.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 05 Mar 2019, 10:45 am

People who don't wear shoes in public.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue 05 Mar 2019, 11:14 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:People who don't wear shoes in public.

Absolutely top contribution, this. I'm actually getting angry thinking about some idiot I know who used to do this.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 05 Mar 2019, 11:26 am

I am guessing you are having more experience of this now you are in the antipodes, rather than in blighty, flipper?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 05 Mar 2019, 11:33 am

dummy_half wrote:Restaurants that bring things to your table unasked (bread, olives etc) and then charge you for them.
Amen! Also, the 'optional' service charge that's automatically added to your bill, forcing you to either pay it and grumble later, or have a confrontation about why you don't feel you're going to pay it. Either way, the meal's ruined.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 05 Mar 2019, 11:35 am

Going to look a little odd on the beach I reckon... Cool
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 06 Mar 2019, 3:27 pm

Vacuous types with a public platform (usually to do with crude identity politics) who begin their answers to more or less any question with, 'So'.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 06 Mar 2019, 6:05 pm

88Chris05 wrote:Vacuous types with a public platform (usually to do with crude identity politics) who begin their answers to more or less any question with, 'So'.

And especially when no-one asked the question they wanted to answer but they answer it anyway.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Fri 08 Mar 2019, 4:21 pm

On a similar subject, people who are always looking to see oppression. Latest case in point being the apparent controversy of the relatively light skinned Will Smith being cast to play the (darker) Richard Williams.

The argument being advanced is that lighter skinned African Americans are treated preferentially, However, as some have pointed out, the darker actors who could be considered, such as Idris Elba, are already far too busy trying to tie up the role as the next James Bond.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 08 Mar 2019, 4:28 pm

dummy_half wrote:On a similar subject, people who are always looking to see oppression. Latest case in point being the apparent controversy of the relatively light skinned Will Smith being cast to play the (darker) Richard Williams.

The argument being advanced is that lighter skinned African Americans are treated preferentially, However, as some have pointed out, the darker actors who could be considered, such as Idris Elba, are already far too busy trying to tie up the role as the next James Bond.

Should colour of skin come into it at all. Isn't it discriminatory, and not to mention illegal, to disregard someone for a job based on the colour of their skin, so surely whether they are light skinned African American or dark skinned African American is irrelevant.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Mon 11 Mar 2019, 7:34 am

dummy_half wrote:On a similar subject, people who are always looking to see oppression. Latest case in point being the apparent controversy of the relatively light skinned Will Smith being cast to play the (darker) Richard Williams.

One of the things is this world that winds me up far more than it should. Throw in the morons who believe only gay actors should play gay characters, disabled actors for disabled characters etc. "Oh but they won't understand what it's really like to be disabled". THEY ARE ACTORS FFS! Pretty sure Tom Cruise was never a navy pilot. Or an army lawyer. Tom Hanks was never stranded on a desert island. They seem to still do a good job in the roles regardless.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 11 Mar 2019, 8:18 am

rick_dagless wrote:

I am guessing you are having more experience of this now you are in the antipodes, rather than in blighty, flipper?

In shops, in supermarkets, in public areas, even in a bloody restaurant the other day. Guy was dressed up reasonably nicely, clearly had put some effort in to look like he didn’t put effort in, but had no shoes on.

I don’t even have a problem with people’s feet, but I just find it weird not to wear shoes. It’s the gall of it.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 11 Mar 2019, 9:11 am

I get it, it annoys me when people walk around in socks in the workplace.

Happening more and more.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 11 Mar 2019, 9:13 am

I do remember a while back (in the late 70s) where on really hot summer days you might see the odd bloke at the milk bar... in swimming togs... but usually something on his feet. Not the prettiest sight if you happen to be at the butcher's though and you're ordering sausages.

Also, you'd get women in bikinis buying a few things... just out of the pool... hop into the car... grab a quick park at the local shops...hair still wet.
But only on really hot days... and only in certain places.

People are much more self conscious these days.
You hardly ever see half dressed people walking about in public... unless we're talking about shops near a beach in the peak summer season.

As kids... we used to run barefoot everywhere. Riding bikes... dump the flip-flops... run over there; then race back sort of thing.
My feet were so tough back then. I could walk on sticks and sharp rocks in the bush. Felt nothing.
I'd never try it now days though. There's too much broken glass everywhere!

I've never seen anyone go barefoot in a restaurant in all my days though. That would be a real eye-opener!  Pass the menu, will ya mate! Laugh

The further north you go in Australia however... the more you would tend to see this sort 'too casual behaviour' and 'over-casual-ware' happen.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 20 Mar 2019, 2:46 pm

I notice it too much, like a parent in a house where a window might be open.

On topic:

Anyone concerned that children can’t handle learning about LGBT+ relationships and people. Kids are sound as heck, generally. It’s only when adults get their stupid opinions into their heads that it goes wrong. They’d give so few s***s about it, it would just make sense to most of them.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 20 Mar 2019, 2:57 pm

Yup.

"Why does Uncle Steve spend so much time with that other guy?"

"because they love each other like mummy and daddy"

"cool, can I have a biscuit"

I am guessing that is how it usually goes down.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 20 Mar 2019, 4:42 pm

People who forget their palindromic posts.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 20 Mar 2019, 9:54 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:People who forget their palindromic posts.

Laugh

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 21 Mar 2019, 9:03 am

rick_dagless wrote:Yup.

"Why does Uncle Steve spend so much time with that other guy?"

"because they love each other like mummy and daddy"

"cool, can I have a biscuit"

I am guessing that is how it usually goes down.

Pretty much spot-on. A couple of my wife's friends are gay and we've had them and their husbands round to our house for dinner a few times and my 7 year old daughter doesn't think twice about it.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 21 Mar 2019, 9:08 am

'Baby on board' signs in the back of cars.

Why? Does it remind you to drive more carefully? No, of course not. Does it remind those around you to drive more carefully? No, of course not. Is it you, basically, trumpeting that you're a mother/father, as if that's a genuine achievement? Yep, you're a show off. Well done, you tw@t.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 21 Mar 2019, 9:16 am

navyblueshorts wrote:'Baby on board' signs in the back of cars.

Why? Does it remind you to drive more carefully? No, of course not. Does it remind those around you to drive more carefully? No, of course not. Is it you, basically, trumpeting that you're a mother/father, as if that's a genuine achievement? Yep, you're a show off. Well done, you tw@t.

Is that one not for first responders to tell them that there is a tiny person in the car that they need to look out for?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 21 Mar 2019, 9:40 am

rick_dagless wrote:

Is that one not for first responders to tell them that there is a tiny person in the car that they need to look out for?

It is. Also, having twice endured the sheer terror of driving a newborn baby home from hospital, I don't think its unreasonable to think that anything which has even half a chance of making other drivers behave themselves might be a good idea.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 21 Mar 2019, 12:22 pm

It is? Really? Those things stuck on a window with a little sucker? Things you never knew.
Unless they're on every side of the vehicle and have loads of flashing neons, I can't see they have any value as a preventative measure.
Paramedics etc wouldn't check a vehicle to ensure they've accounted for everyone anyway? Suppose the child seat(s) wouldn't be a potential giveaway? Drivers take them off the glass when baby isn't in the car I suppose? Wouldn't want the paramedics panicking that they've missed a little one.

Fair play though; I suppose it might work. I'll find something else to complain about.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Thu 21 Mar 2019, 12:48 pm

I'm sure you will Cool

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 21 Mar 2019, 12:50 pm

Pr4wn wrote:I'm sure you will Cool
Laugh OK
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 22 Mar 2019, 11:04 am

A smash hit for the B Sharps in the early 90s.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun 24 Mar 2019, 8:21 am

navyblueshorts wrote:It is? Really? Those things stuck on a window with a little sucker? Things you never knew.
Unless they're on every side of the vehicle and have loads of flashing neons, I can't see they have any value as a preventative measure.
Paramedics etc wouldn't check a vehicle to ensure they've accounted for everyone anyway? Suppose the child seat(s) wouldn't be a potential giveaway? Drivers take them off the glass when baby isn't in the car I suppose? Wouldn't want the paramedics panicking that they've missed a little one.

Fair play though; I suppose it might work. I'll find something else to complain about.

No it isn't. I'm with you. The signs are a fecking nonsense. Like the proliferation of signage in general in this fecked up country.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 25 Mar 2019, 8:19 am

Anyone who starts a response to an argument, either written or spoken, with "erm..." or "um..."

Especially if followed by "Don't think so"

Also, anyone who feels the need to capitalize words they believe key to the point they are making, in order to get the point across...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 25 Mar 2019, 8:26 am

rick_dagless wrote:Anyone who starts a response to an argument, either written or spoken, with "erm..." or "um..."

Also, anyone who feels the need to capitalize words they believe key to the point they are making, in order to get the point across...

FACT

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 25 Mar 2019, 9:22 am

rick_dagless wrote:Anyone who starts a response to an argument, either written or spoken, with "erm..." or "um..."

Anyone who uses 'key' in this fashion! Cool
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 25 Mar 2019, 11:32 am

anyone who uses the word "stakeholders" after the word "key" and those who fail to capitalise sentences and leave them up in the air..............

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Mon 25 Mar 2019, 11:47 am

Anyone that reduces humanity to mechanised humanoids comprised of gears & levers.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon 25 Mar 2019, 11:47 am

"official residence"?
Does she have 2 birthdays as well?.........
FFS!!!!!!!!!!......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-47595702?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/cp7r8vgl2vrt/university-of-bath&link_location=live-reporting-story

to recap....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-42152743

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon 25 Mar 2019, 11:53 am

Signage...
Oh and as it's Wales, it would be bilingual so feckin massive....
Bring back the "Charlie says" public info films I reckon....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-47643576

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 28 Mar 2019, 9:46 am

People misreading and misquoting the Lisbon Treaty, as this currently seems to be the next 5h1t Brexit bandwagon.

Your views are your views, but at least back it with facts, whichever way you swing.

-------

https://www.606v2.com/viewtopic.php?t=69429

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20