The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+10
ShahenshahG
Galted
Mind the windows Tino.
Union Cane
rIck_dAgless
seanmichaels
superflyweight
kingraf
JuliusHMarx
Rowley
14 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 9 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Rowley Tue 01 Jul 2014, 10:26 am

First topic message reminder :

May be an age thing, but is Sean seriously saying he talks to people with his testicles out to see how long they take to notice? And that doing so is a laugh?

Never thought I would say this, but bring back National Service if so.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 9 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 04 Jul 2014, 1:42 pm

rick_dagless wrote:
Tino wrote:This might be a stupid question, but do you have to live in Scotland to vote on independence or do you just have to be a Scottish national?

Resident to vote...

Thanks Dagster.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 9 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 04 Jul 2014, 1:43 pm

Here to help Tino...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 04 Jul 2014, 1:43 pm

rick_dagless wrote:
Tino wrote:This might be a stupid question, but do you have to live in Scotland to vote on independence or do you just have to be a Scottish national?

Resident to vote...

And as for super being drunk to tolerate the family, I believe that it would be considered somewhat of a social faux pas to be sober in Scotland.

There are degrees of drunkenness. I aim to hit that sweet spot between "blissful tolerance" and "sullen standoffishness".

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 04 Jul 2014, 1:45 pm

super wrote:There are degrees of drunkenness. I aim to hit that sweet spot between "blissful tolerance" and "sullen standoffishness".

I know the one, the 'Goldilocks zone' of family drinking. The kids think you are amusing, and the adults think you are being occasionally surly to invoke a humourous response, but only risk it every so often...

Great plan.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 04 Jul 2014, 2:04 pm

I have just managed to sabotage Friday afternoon productivity by mailing out a cryptic music quiz...

People have stopped being useful, potentially costing the company lots in man hours, this pleases me more than it should...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Jul 2014, 2:49 pm

rick_dagless wrote:I have just managed to sabotage Friday afternoon productivity by mailing out a cryptic music quiz...

People have stopped being useful, potentially costing the company lots in man hours, this pleases me more than it should...
Any chance you could mail a cryptic quiz to the pop music industry thus crippling their output for the next hundred years

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 04 Jul 2014, 2:59 pm

rick_dagless wrote:I have just managed to sabotage Friday afternoon productivity by mailing out a cryptic music quiz...

Post it here.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 04 Jul 2014, 3:18 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Post it here.

Good call, I have done more than enough work for this week.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 04 Jul 2014, 3:37 pm

Rowley wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Post it here.

Good call, I have done more than enough work for this week.

Not content to spend the afternoon watching Strongy's continuing mental breakdown on the Chisora/Fury thread, jeff? I don't even bother annoying him anymore because it's gone past funny and is now just plain sad.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 04 Jul 2014, 3:51 pm

Like you say has gone past the point it was funny. Like when an elderly relative loses control of their functions. The first time they sh!t themselves is funny, by the 300th it is just tragic.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Jul 2014, 4:08 pm

I suppose you get bored of watching them fall over as well?

Hoping Yorkshire does me proud this weekend and as the television cameras film the participants/athletes/uncaught drug cheats riding past, in the background hitherto undetected, are at least a dozen blokes stood hands on hips with their balls hanging out

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 04 Jul 2014, 4:22 pm

The coverage of the tour de france coming to Yorkshire has driven me up the wall. Patronising, stereotyping arse gravy. If I see another report where the not particularly well hidden subtext is about the incredulity that something approaching continental glamour is coming to the backwater that is Yorkshire my head is literally going to explode. It’s a bike race, it’s not teleportation. There was a report on local news the other day basically laughing that some old bloke in a pub could not pronounce reasonably basic French words. Here’s an idea, ask someone who is not a moron.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Jul 2014, 4:28 pm

There was a bloke from on the radio this morning who stated he lived about "six miles away" from where they'd be riding past. I knew he was a f*****g liar as anyone genuinely from Yorkshire would have said, "I live about six MILE away"

I hope some miserable old git chucks a handful of drawing pins into the path of the riders before setting his dog on the lot of 'em.

Sod the Tour De France (or "Purse dippers wet dream" as I like to call it)

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 04 Jul 2014, 4:34 pm

I was down in Leeds for work yesterday and they don't appear to have pushed the boat out in terms of marking the occasion. A few posters and a mid size inflatable bike near the train station seem to be the only recognition that something is actually happening.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 04 Jul 2014, 4:44 pm

superflyweight wrote:I was down in Leeds for work yesterday and they don't appear to have pushed the boat out in terms of marking the occasion.  A few posters and a mid size inflatable bike near the train station seem to be the only recognition that something is actually happening.  

There is not too much round Sheffield superfly, few signs that some roads are closed Sunday. They had closed one of the car parks at Meadowhall when I drove past and started putting stands up, so looks like they are making a bit of an effort there.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 04 Jul 2014, 5:34 pm

Galted wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:What happens if I end up with her? My anonimity is gone! And it may be illegal?

I'd like the link as well please.

A bit disappointed that you didn't give me the link after giving it to everyone else, michaels, I was quite eager to see what Hazel looks like.

It would have meant such a lot to me.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 04 Jul 2014, 6:45 pm

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:What happens if I end up with her? My anonimity is gone! And it may be illegal?

I'd like the link as well please.

A bit disappointed that you didn't give me the link after giving it to everyone else, michaels, I was quite eager to see what Hazel looks like.

It would have meant such a lot to me.

Not to worry if you were still going to.

Turns out Dave's already made contact and sent a more recent picture.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Galted on Fri 04 Jul 2014, 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bollocks, tits, wanking in buckets.)

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Sat 05 Jul 2014, 7:17 am

Rowley wrote:The coverage of the tour de france coming to Yorkshire has driven me up the wall. Patronising, stereotyping arse gravy. If I see another report where the not particularly well hidden subtext is about the incredulity that something approaching continental glamour is coming to the backwater that is Yorkshire my head is literally figuratively going to explode. It’s a bike race, it’s not teleportation. There was a report on local news the other day basically laughing that some old bloke in a pub could not pronounce reasonably basic French words. Here’s an idea, ask someone who is not a moron.

Fixed that for you, Jeff.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat 05 Jul 2014, 8:56 am

It was a joke trott, based on my hatred of the misuse of the word literally, which I literally hate almost as much as L*L

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Sat 05 Jul 2014, 9:48 am

I know, mate. Was my, clearly poor, attempt at a funny (or L*L, if you prefer).

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 05 Jul 2014, 2:41 pm

Just ignore me. I'm only wiping down the tables and emptying the bins.

I called a really butch looking bar girl "mate" today. Felt bad afterwards. She didn't miss a beat though.
She looked like the girl with the dragon tattoo, Lisbeth Salander - but with this complex pattern of shaved marks all over the sides of her head.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 07 Jul 2014, 6:36 am

Jules wrote:Post it here

Sorry guys got stuck in meetings for most of Friday afternoon, so did not get a chance.

Will post it up when i get a moment in a bit (if you still want it up)

Morning all

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 07 Jul 2014, 8:13 am

Morning rick. Yes, I want it up.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 07 Jul 2014, 8:17 am

Morning Jules, good weekend?

No problems, here are the first 10 there are 40 in total, makes it easier to see and to mark etc. I'll pop the others on when the first few are done.

Though i am expecting such men of culture and breeding to sail through the questions without issues...

I will try and get on as often as possible to post the answers up.

1 Young nuclear cat?
2 Great informant?
3 Crazy loch?
4 Wear one season?
5 Darren is environmentally friendly?
6 One sheep noise?
7 Nixon grades?
8 Burping, picking nose and biting nails?
9 Chilly stage show?
10 World breeze with flames?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 07 Jul 2014, 8:23 am

1. Atomic Kitten
4. Donna Summer
7. Richard Marx
9. Coldplay
10. Earth, Wind & Fire

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 07 Jul 2014, 8:31 am

Yup

1 Young nuclear cat? Atomic Kitten (Jules)
2 Great informant?
3 Crazy loch?
4 Wear one season? Donna Summer (Jules)
6 One sheep noise?
7 Nixon grades? Richard Marx (Jules)
8 Burping, picking nose and biting nails?
9 Chilly stage show? Coldplay (Jules)
10 World breeze with flames? Earth, Wind & Fire (Jules)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 07 Jul 2014, 8:49 am

2 is supergrass
3 Madness
8 Bad Manners

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 07 Jul 2014, 8:52 am

2 Great informant? Supergrass (Jeff)
3 Crazy loch? Madness (Jeff)
6 One sheep noise?
8 Burping, picking nose and biting nails? Bad Manners (Jeff)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 07 Jul 2014, 8:54 am

5 Green Day

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 07 Jul 2014, 8:54 am

5 Darren is environmentally friendly? Green Day (Jeff)
6 One sheep noise?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 07 Jul 2014, 8:58 am

Rowley wrote:5 Green Day

Darren Day fan, Jeff?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 07 Jul 2014, 9:01 am

Who isn't Jules?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 07 Jul 2014, 9:05 am

Rowley wrote:Who isn't Jules?

Everyone else.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 07 Jul 2014, 9:25 am

You might have to give us the last one Rick, am bereft of ideas.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 07 Jul 2014, 9:27 am

No worries Jeff, though you will be kicking yourself I suspsect...

5 Darren is environmentally friendly? Green Day (Jeff)
6 One sheep noise? ABBA (No Answer)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 07 Jul 2014, 9:27 am

Here are the next 10 gents...

11 Avoid T.N.T.?
12 Throw small fruit?
13 Ginger, brown, black and fair?
14 Who is with nurses?
15 Roses from passionate home?
16 Russia? or Canada maybe?
17 Will and family?
18 Shall tabloid choose that one?
19 Poorly sketched water marker?
20 Seven foot tall strikers?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 07 Jul 2014, 9:32 am

16 Big Country
15 Hothouse Flowers
17 The Smiths
12 Might be Smashing Pumpkins, but probably isn't, similarly 20 could be They Might be Giants, but again probably isn't.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 07 Jul 2014, 9:35 am

Some right Jeff, but a Pumpkin is neither small or a fruit... (it is Monday morning after all)

11 Avoid T.N.T.?
12 Throw small fruit?
14 Who is with nurses?
15 Roses from passionate home? Hot House Flowers (Jeff)
16 Russia? or Canada maybe? Big Country (Jeff)
17 Will and family? The Smiths (Jeff)
19 Poorly sketched water marker?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 07 Jul 2014, 9:36 am

19 Badly Drawn Boy

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 07 Jul 2014, 9:38 am

11: Miss Dynamite
19: Badly Drawn Boy

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 07 Jul 2014, 9:39 am

Damn your eyes, Jeff.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 07 Jul 2014, 9:41 am

11 Avoid T.N.T.? Miss Dynamite (Tino)
12 Throw small fruit?
14 Who is with nurses?
19 Poorly sketched water marker? Badly Drawn Boy (Jeff)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 07 Jul 2014, 9:42 am

12. Chuck Berry
13. Four Non-Blondes

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 07 Jul 2014, 9:44 am

20: Massive Attack.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 07 Jul 2014, 9:44 am

18. Wilson Pickett

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 07 Jul 2014, 9:44 am

12 Throw small fruit? Chuck Berry (Jules)
13 Ginger, brown, black and fair? 4 Non Blondes (Jules)
14 Who is with nurses?
18 Shall tabloid choose that one? Wilson Pickett (Jules)
20 Seven foot tall strikers? Massive Attack (Tino)

Last edited by rick_dagless on Mon 07 Jul 2014, 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 07 Jul 2014, 9:52 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:20: Massive Attack.

Is that not correct rick?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 07 Jul 2014, 9:55 am

It is indeed Jules, did not see it when it came through, edited now.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 07 Jul 2014, 9:56 am

Is 14 Doctor and the Medics?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 07 Jul 2014, 9:57 am

It is indeed Jeff...

Well done chaps

12 Throw small fruit? Chuck Berry (Jules)
13 Ginger, brown, black and fair? 4 Non Blondes (Jules)
14 Who is with nurses? Doctor and the Medics (Jeff)
18 Shall tabloid choose that one? Wilson Pickett (Jules)
20 Seven foot tall strikers? Massive Attack (Tino)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next