The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+10
ShahenshahG
Galted
Mind the windows Tino.
Union Cane
rIck_dAgless
seanmichaels
superflyweight
kingraf
JuliusHMarx
Rowley
14 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 6 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Rowley Tue 01 Jul 2014, 10:26 am

First topic message reminder :

May be an age thing, but is Sean seriously saying he talks to people with his testicles out to see how long they take to notice? And that doing so is a laugh?

Never thought I would say this, but bring back National Service if so.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 6 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Union Cane Thu 03 Jul 2014, 10:34 am

seanmichaels wrote:
Union Cane wrote:You've missed the crucial point Sean, as he dived (spectacularly one would presume?), the usual rules don't apply.

He was in contact with the ball whilst a part of his body was over the line. Either the ball, or a body part touching the ball needs to touch the ground beyond the rope for it to be a 4 or 6.

So if, in the act of making a catch, part of the fielder touches the ground beyond the boundary, it should be 6 runs, is that right?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 6 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by seanmichaels Thu 03 Jul 2014, 10:36 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:People used to drive across the lake in winter.

I am a constant source of disappointment to my father in law as I have never landed a massive salmon or shot a living thing.  Clay pigeons just don't cut it with him.

I suspect he'd prefer Galted as a son. At least he looks the part.

I very much doubt it.  Galted is probably the only person on here less likely to have killed a wild animal than me.

He could take wingrove with him though?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jul 2014, 10:38 am

seanmichaels wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:People used to drive across the lake in winter.

I am a constant source of disappointment to my father in law as I have never landed a massive salmon or shot a living thing.  Clay pigeons just don't cut it with him.

I suspect he'd prefer Galted as a son. At least he looks the part.

I very much doubt it.  Galted is probably the only person on here less likely to have killed a wild animal than me.

Unless pigeons laughing themselves to death at the sight of him in his clothes can be counted as murder

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 03 Jul 2014, 10:40 am

Union Cane wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
Union Cane wrote:You've missed the crucial point Sean, as he dived (spectacularly one would presume?), the usual rules don't apply.

He was in contact with the ball whilst a part of his body was over the line. Either the ball, or a body part touching the ball needs to touch the ground beyond the rope for it to be a 4 or 6.

So if, in the act of making a catch, part of the fielder touches the ground beyond the boundary, it should be 6 runs, is that right?

Yes. In the case of the Lyth/Finch catches, neither the ball nor Lyth (whilst in possession) touched the ground beyond the boundary.

Are you taking the pi55? Headscratch

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 03 Jul 2014, 10:46 am

seanmichaels wrote:Yes. In the case of the Lyth/Finch catches, neither the ball nor Lyth (whilst in possession) touched the ground beyond the boundary.

Are you taking the pi55?  Headscratch

Lyth (if that be his name) touched the ground whilst in the act of making a catch, which as the rules state does not end until the fielder is in full control of his movement.

As a professional cricketer he should be aware of the rules of the game, and should have signalled that a six had been scored. Having not done so he is as much a cheat as your Indian friend.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 03 Jul 2014, 10:52 am

Lyth (that be his name) didn't touch the ground whilst in the act of making a catch - he didn't attempt to catch it - just knock it back onto the field.

If he had jumped, swatted the ball back on the field of play, then landed outside the ropes and it had not been caught - it would not have been a six. The fact that someone else caught it before it hit the ground doesn't make him part of the catch.

Union - the catch issue - drop it.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 03 Jul 2014, 10:56 am

Ok, if he wasn't in the act of making a catch, he was in the act of fielding the ball.

The act of making the catch, or of fielding the ball, shall start from the time when the ball first comes into contact with some part of a fielder’s person and shall end when a fielder obtains complete control both over the ball and over his own movement.

Same principle applies.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 03 Jul 2014, 11:03 am

Union Cane wrote:Ok, if he wasn't in the act of making a catch, he was in the act of fielding the ball.

The act of making the catch, or of fielding the ball, shall start from the time when the ball first comes into contact with some part of a fielder’s person and shall end when a fielder obtains complete control both over the ball and over his own movement.

Same principle applies.

You may be on to something there union.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 03 Jul 2014, 11:05 am

But then again by tossing the ball back is that not deemed control of the ball?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 03 Jul 2014, 11:07 am

So - a player leaps over the boundary ropes, swats a ball back into the field of play, after it's gone over the ropes, but not landed. Then another fielder picks up the ball and throws it to the keeper. Is that a six or not?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 03 Jul 2014, 11:07 am

seanmichaels wrote:But then again by tossing the ball back is that not deemed control of the ball?

It's all semantics. The umps were happy. They are the sole arbiters of the rules on the field of play.

No maximum. Catch was valid.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 03 Jul 2014, 11:08 am

seanmichaels wrote:But then again by tossing the ball back is that not deemed control of the ball?

Possibly, but he also requires control over his own movement. Open to interpretation I suppose, but the fact that he fell over suggests that he wasn't in control.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 03 Jul 2014, 11:13 am

He may have meant to fall over... Like Thomas Mueller during that free kick, or Robben always.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 03 Jul 2014, 11:13 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:The umps were happy.  They are the sole arbiters of the rules on the field of play.

They should get it right then.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 03 Jul 2014, 11:16 am

Union Cane wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:The umps were happy.  They are the sole arbiters of the rules on the field of play.

They should get it right then.

We haven't conclusively proven that they didn't. The finest minds of the Culture Cup have looked at it most of the morning and we can't come to agreement so lets just accept it for a thing of beauty and move on.

It's about entertainment, after all.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 03 Jul 2014, 11:19 am

The finest minds in the culture cup! Laugh

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 03 Jul 2014, 11:20 am

seanmichaels wrote:The finest minds in the culture cup! Laugh

Spoiler:

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 03 Jul 2014, 11:22 am

There never was a finer spoiler.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 03 Jul 2014, 11:29 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:There never was a finer spoiler.

I really am spoiling you today.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 03 Jul 2014, 11:39 am

I've managed to locate the assistant optician on facebook.....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 03 Jul 2014, 11:40 am

seanmichaels wrote:I've managed to locate the assistant optician on facebook.....

SLW.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 03 Jul 2014, 11:42 am

seanmichaels wrote:I've managed to locate the assistant optician on facebook.....

SLW.

Guilty. Is it true you can check who looks at your profile. Scared to have another look now.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 03 Jul 2014, 11:44 am

seanmichaels wrote:

SLW.

Is it true you can check who looks at your profile.

No idea. Stupid invention.

I prefer the old fashioned way of hiding in bushes and rooting through bins.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 03 Jul 2014, 11:47 am

seanmichaels wrote:

SLW.

No idea.  Stupid invention.

Obviously helps if you are fond of spinach / lime attire.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 03 Jul 2014, 11:48 am

seanmichaels wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

SLW.

No idea.  Stupid invention.

Obviously helps if you are fond of spinach / lime attire.

Only in Spring and Summer.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 03 Jul 2014, 11:50 am

She is so fit. Her nose is beautiful......

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 03 Jul 2014, 11:53 am

How do I find her on facebook sean?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 03 Jul 2014, 11:55 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:How do I find her on facebook sean?

I could PM you her name but why do you want a butchers?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 03 Jul 2014, 11:56 am

Come on sean, give us a link please.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 03 Jul 2014, 11:57 am

seanmichaels wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:How do I find her on facebook sean?

I could PM you her name but why do you want a butchers?

I'm interested in your taste in women and to see if she can possibly live up to the hype.
Also I want to message her to warn her about you.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 03 Jul 2014, 11:58 am

seanmichaels wrote:She is so fit. Her nose is beautiful......

I'd like to have a shufty too, if only to see what the man previously smitten by the smouldering allure of Sonia from Eastenders considers to be a beautiful nose.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 03 Jul 2014, 11:58 am

What happens if I end up with her? My anonimity is gone! And it may be illegal?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 03 Jul 2014, 12:00 pm

Ok, I'll PM her name as long as you nothing comes back on here. Who's in?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 03 Jul 2014, 12:00 pm

You could save a photo to your computer then post it on here, we'd never find out Hazel's name that way.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 03 Jul 2014, 12:03 pm

Got to be honest Sean, I am intrigued as well.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 03 Jul 2014, 12:03 pm

seanmichaels wrote:What happens if I end up with her? My anonimity is gone! And it may be illegal?

We'll all act stumm.

However, if it ever gets to the Courts we promise to testify that you are in no way related to Rolf or Jimmy.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 03 Jul 2014, 12:05 pm

seanmichaels wrote:What happens if I end up with her?

I don't think we need to worry about that.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 03 Jul 2014, 12:05 pm

Union Cane wrote:You could save a photo to your computer then post it on here, we'd never find out Hazel's name that way.

no chance. surely it is illegal to do that?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 03 Jul 2014, 12:06 pm

Just post a picture of her nose.
I'm sure it's nothing to be sneezed at.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 03 Jul 2014, 12:08 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Union Cane wrote:You could save a photo to your computer then post it on here, we'd never find out Hazel's name that way.

no chance. surely it is illegal to do that?

If she was brutally murdered, the picture of her that appeared on the news behind Fiona Bruce would be one that the BBC have ripped from Facebook. Nothing wrong with it.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 03 Jul 2014, 12:09 pm

Being nice to Sean is clearly not working, so it is time to go good cop bad cop on this. If you don't give us her full name by either PM or the means of the culture cup I am going to ban you.

You have ten minutes to comply

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 03 Jul 2014, 12:11 pm

Reminds me of this quite attractive Moldovan girl I knew pretty well. She had a tiny little mole near the bridge of her nose. She was quite conscious of it and tended to look at me askance or sit on a particular side of the sofa. Always made sure I approached her from an oblique angle... and didn't stare at it for more than half a second at a time.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 03 Jul 2014, 12:23 pm

Pretty enough I guess. Not sure I'd leave my missus for her though. You should've gone to Specsavers.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 03 Jul 2014, 12:26 pm

Do I need to be logged in to see anything?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 03 Jul 2014, 12:28 pm

Had a quick look at her small photo in the search field. She looks really sweet, mate.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 03 Jul 2014, 12:31 pm

Thanks for the PM sean, but can someone please help me? I genuinely don't have ****book so I can't see her.

Could someone send me a picture?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 03 Jul 2014, 12:33 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Thanks for the PM sean, but can someone please help me?  I genuinely don't have ****book so I can't see her.

Could someone send me a picture?

I have the same 'problem'.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 03 Jul 2014, 12:41 pm

I am up for cyber-stalking...

Or am I too late to this creepy little party?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 03 Jul 2014, 12:44 pm

You do realise that none of you bastards can ever call me a little stalkerish w*nker ever again after this!

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 03 Jul 2014, 1:05 pm

I know she's not 10/10 but that's what I like. Anyway fantasy over. What was for lunch?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next