The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+12
Galted
kingraf
88Chris05
Adam D
Pal Joey
superflyweight
JuliusHMarx
Rowley
seanmichaels
Union Cane
Mind the windows Tino.
rIck_dAgless
16 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 25 Jul 2014, 2:50 pm

Story of my life Tino (though not if you ask Mrs Daggles)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 25 Jul 2014, 2:51 pm

I have a feeling that I have just bemoaned my own prowess in the bedroom as the thread split...

Rats

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 Jul 2014, 2:53 pm

To which Sonny and Cher song does Phil Connors keep waking up in Groundhog Day?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 25 Jul 2014, 2:57 pm

I got you

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 25 Jul 2014, 2:57 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:To which Sonny and Cher song does Phil Connors keep waking up in Groundhog Day?

The same one.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 25 Jul 2014, 2:57 pm

Odd one out and why?

1.) Well the many hands began to scan around for the next plateau, some said it was in Greenland and some say Mexico
2.) Why is the bedroom so cold? You've turned away on your side. Is my timing that flawed? Our respect runs so dry.
3.) Like a cheap distraction for a new affair, she knew it would finish before it began. Something tells me you lost the plan
4.) Clearly I remember pickin' on the boy, seemed a harmless little feck
5.) I'm a-walkin' in the rain Tears are fallin' and I feel the pain Wishin' you were here by me To end this misery

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 Jul 2014, 2:57 pm

Union Cane wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:To which Sonny and Cher song does Phil Connors keep waking up in Groundhog Day?

The same one.

Very good.

Well done Dagster.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 25 Jul 2014, 3:00 pm

2 is love will tear us apart Joy Division
5 is Runaway, believe it is by Dion

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 Jul 2014, 3:01 pm

Name the 7 English Football teams who have won the League and FA Cup double?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 25 Jul 2014, 3:01 pm

1. Er
2. Um
3. Hmm
4. Erm
5. Dunno
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 25 Jul 2014, 3:02 pm

Rowley wrote:2 is love will tear us apart Joy Division
5 is Runaway, believe it is by Dion

5 correct song, wrong artist

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 25 Jul 2014, 3:02 pm

oh, and 2 is correct

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 25 Jul 2014, 3:02 pm

1 is a Nirvana song, not sure which one as I am not a big fan, would suggest the link is killing yourself, so pick one that is not by an artist who killed themselves.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 25 Jul 2014, 3:03 pm

If it is not Dion it is Del Shannon.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 25 Jul 2014, 3:04 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Name the 7 English Football teams who have won the League and FA Cup double?

Man Utd, Liverpool, Villa, Chelsea, Tottenham, Preston Arsenal

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 25 Jul 2014, 3:04 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Cocktails?

rick, was the link cocktails?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 Jul 2014, 3:05 pm

Rowley wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Name the 7 English Football teams who have won the League and FA Cup double?

Man Utd, Liverpool, Villa, Chelsea, Tottenham, Preston Arsenal

F*ck you, Jeff.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 25 Jul 2014, 3:06 pm

Is that right Tina, guessed a couple of them based on teams that used to be good.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 25 Jul 2014, 3:06 pm

1.) Well the many hands began to scan around for the next plateau, some said it was in Greenland and some say Mexico. Plateau - Meatpuppets

4.) Clearly I remember pickin' on the boy, seemed a harmless little feck. Jeremy - Pearl Jam

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 Jul 2014, 3:06 pm

Rowley wrote:Is that right Tina, guessed a couple of them based on teams that used to be good.

Yep.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 25 Jul 2014, 3:07 pm

Rowley wrote:1 is a Nirvana song, not sure which one as I am not a big fan, would suggest the link is killing yourself, so pick one that is not by an artist who killed themselves.

May be wrong but sure it's a Meatpuppets song. Nirvana covered it on their unplugged album.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 25 Jul 2014, 3:08 pm

Might have asked this before :-

Which 1975 No 1. single did not contain the song title in the lyrics. But the lyrics did contain the song title of the song that replaced it as No. 1?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 25 Jul 2014, 3:09 pm

superflyweight wrote:
Rowley wrote:1 is a Nirvana song, not sure which one as I am not a big fan, would suggest the link is killing yourself, so pick one that is not by an artist who killed themselves.

May be wrong but sure it's a Meatpuppets song.  Nirvana covered it on their unplugged album.  

I'm accepting the Nirvana cover. Del Shannon is correct.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 25 Jul 2014, 3:10 pm

Queen Bohemian Rhapsody was replaced by Abba Mama Mia

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 25 Jul 2014, 3:10 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Might have asked this before :-

Which 1975 No 1. single did not contain the song title in the lyrics. But the lyrics did contain the song title of the song that replaced it as No. 1?

Bohemian Rhapsody?

Last edited by Union Cane on Fri 25 Jul 2014, 3:10 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Bollocks. Rowley you shithouse.)
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 25 Jul 2014, 3:12 pm

FFS. Too many quizes!

3.) Was suicide blonde INXS.

All songs bar no.4 the lead singer commited suicide whereas Pearl Jam's Jeremy was about a young boy killing himself at school.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 25 Jul 2014, 3:13 pm

Did him from INXS commit suicide? Thought it was just a sex game that went a bit wrong.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 25 Jul 2014, 3:16 pm

On 6 February 1998, after an autopsy and coronial inquest, New South Wales State Coroner, Derrick Hand, presented his report which ruled that Hutchence's death was a suicide while depressed and under the influence of alcohol and other drugs.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 25 Jul 2014, 3:17 pm

Rowley wrote:Did him from INXS commit suicide? Thought it was just a sex game that went a bit wrong.

You're thinking of Hitler, Jeff.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 25 Jul 2014, 3:18 pm

Union Cane wrote:
Rowley wrote:Did him from INXS commit suicide? Thought it was just a sex game that went a bit wrong.

You're thinking of Hitler, Jeff.

I frequently get them two confused.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 25 Jul 2014, 3:19 pm

Yes, he died with an orange in his mouth, black plastic bag over his head and his hand rigomortised over his hampton.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 25 Jul 2014, 3:19 pm

Yeah, Kylie had already ordered the taxi.

I saw them in about '82 for $1.50 at the Royal Antler in Narrabeen. It was just after their second album.
My mate was going on and on about how they were going to become the next "big thing". I was buzzing too after that show but wasn't thinking along those lines. I didn't disagree or anything but I wasn't so sure they would go on to become so popular. I was just enjoying the moment.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 25 Jul 2014, 3:22 pm

i was a bit disappointed how difficult it was to find a lead singer who had commited suicide.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 Jul 2014, 3:24 pm

seanmichaels wrote:i was a bit disappointed how difficult it was to find a lead singer who had commited suicide.

Richey Edwards. Probably.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 25 Jul 2014, 3:26 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:i was a bit disappointed how difficult it was to find a lead singer who had commited suicide.

Richey Edwards.  Probably.

Not a lead singer. In fact he could barely play the guitar and certainly 'mimed' for much of his time in the Manics. Lyricist only.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 Jul 2014, 3:26 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

Richey Edwards.  Probably.

Not a lead singer. In fact he could barely play the guitar and certainly 'mimed' for much of his time in the Manics. Lyricist only.

I was thinking of a different Richey Edwards.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 25 Jul 2014, 3:28 pm

Richey James?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 Jul 2014, 3:31 pm

Right, I'm off. Have a lovely weekend.

Good health to you all.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 25 Jul 2014, 3:31 pm

see you later tubs.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 Jul 2014, 3:32 pm

seanmichaels wrote:see you later tubs.

Cheers, one leg.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 25 Jul 2014, 3:38 pm

Erm
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 25 Jul 2014, 3:41 pm

OI, DAGLESS - COCKTAILS?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 25 Jul 2014, 3:43 pm

Animal Farm (the book not the film)
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 25 Jul 2014, 3:53 pm

Thank you Union.

Bog off rick.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 25 Jul 2014, 3:55 pm

Beer o'clock. Have a good one all.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Sat 26 Jul 2014, 10:25 am

Fist.

Fury's dropped his b*ll*cks, the sh*thouse c*nt.

Was looking forward to that as well.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 26 Jul 2014, 1:00 pm

It's lucky you said you were looking forward to a fury fight in he off topic section as you might have been chased out of dodge by the yokels and their pitchforks.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 28 Jul 2014, 6:48 am

Jules wrote:Thank you Union.

Bog off rick.

Aww, I had put the answer in the reason for editing Jules before I left to do work stuff...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 28 Jul 2014, 8:35 am

Good-ish weekend. Some flirty action with the milfs at Junior cricket. Competitive game against a good side on saturday but we lost (rtock bottom still). Nice BBQ yesterday - 8 lamb leg steaks and a slab of rump, with a greek salad and mushroom couscous.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 28 Jul 2014, 9:28 am

Morning sean, morning rick. Looks like we could be as thin as my hair on here this week.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next