The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

South Africa v Wales - 2nd Test, Nelspruit

+52
XR
flyhalffactory
Jimpy
fa0019
No9
Norfolklass
maestegmafia
GavinDragon
Seagultaf
bedfordwelsh
Barney McGrew did it
SecretFly
George Carlin
Mr Fishpaste
Blueschief
geoff999rugby
lostinwales
glamorganalun
Taylorman
RDSguru
slartibartfast
Scratch
Otagolad
jimmyinthewell68
Jhamer25
MMaaxx
funnyExiledScot
gavstar
milkyboy
welshy824 (new)
majesticimperialman
sickofwendy
2ndtimeround
quinsforever
LeinsterFan4life
Notch
Golden
Feckless Rogue
The Bachelor
GLove39
doctor_grey
Knowsit17
HammerofThunor
sad_gimp
Hood83
rainbow-warrior
wales606
kingraf
Neutralee
aucklandlaurie
Biltong
Pal Joey
56 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

South Africa v Wales -  2nd Test, Nelspruit - Page 8 Empty South Africa v Wales - 2nd Test, Nelspruit

Post by Pal Joey Sat 21 Jun 2014, 12:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

South Africa:
15 Willie le Roux, 14 Cornal Hendricks, 13 JP Pietersen, 12 Jan Serfontein, 11 Bryan Habana, 10 Morné Steyn, 9 Fourie du Preez, 8 Duane Vermeulen, 7 Willem Alberts, 6 Francois Louw, 5 Victor Matfield (c), 4 Flip van der Merwe ,3 Jannie du Plessis, 2 Bismarck du Plessis, 1 Tendai Mtawarira.

Replacements:
16 Schalk Brits, 17 Gurthrö Steenkamp, 18 Coenie Oosthuizen, 19 Lodewyk de Jager, 20 Schalk Burger, 21 Ruan Pienaar, 22 Wynand Olivier,
23 Lwazi Mvovo.

Wales:
15 Liam Williams, 14 Alex Cuthbert, 13 Jonathan Davies, 12 Jamie Roberts, 11 George North, 10 Dan Biggar, 9 Mike Phillips
8 Taulupe Faletau, 7 Josh Turnbull, 6 Dan Lydiate, 5 Alun-Wyn Jones (c), 4 Luke Charteris, 3 Samson Lee, 2 Ken Owens, 1 Gethin Jenkins

Replacements:
16 Matthew Rees, 17 Paul James, 18 Aaron Jarvis, 19 Jake Ball, 20 Dan Baker, 21 Gareth Davies, 22 James Hook, 23 Matthew Morgan

Date: Saturday, June 21
Venue: Mbombela Stadium, Nelspruit
Kick-off: 15.00 (13.00 GMT)
Referee: Steve Walsh (Australia)
Assistant referees: Romain Poite (France), Francesco Pastrana (Argentina)
TMO: Glenn Newman (New Zealand)

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

South Africa v Wales -  2nd Test, Nelspruit - Page 8 Empty Re: South Africa v Wales - 2nd Test, Nelspruit

Post by Seagultaf Wed 25 Jun 2014, 1:26 pm

Samson will learn from this and become a bit more street wise. It is frustrating though to see young Welsh players cited and banned when other (bigger) nations seem to get away with far more.

In the Wales SA Fixture last year, I think it was the SA no 6 who laid out Liam Williams with a clenched fist swinging forearm fend and the same player who slammed JD2 in the back after the SA try was scored leaving him also injured. Both actions outside the laws of the game and having a significant impact on the game but both ignored by the Citing commissioner.

I fully agree with the citing commissioner being able to cite players after the game, violent play needs to be rooted out, but the sport needs consistency!

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

South Africa v Wales -  2nd Test, Nelspruit - Page 8 Empty Re: South Africa v Wales - 2nd Test, Nelspruit

Post by Bullsbok Wed 25 Jun 2014, 1:35 pm

Seagultaf wrote:Samson will learn from this and become a bit more street wise. It is frustrating though to see young Welsh players cited and banned when other (bigger) nations seem to get away with far more.

In the Wales SA Fixture last year, I think it was the SA no 6 who laid out Liam Williams with a clenched fist swinging forearm fend and the same player who slammed JD2 in the back after the SA try was scored leaving him also injured. Both actions outside the laws of the game and having a significant impact on the game but both ignored by the Citing commissioner.

I fully agree with the citing commissioner being able to cite players after the game, violent play needs to be rooted out, but the sport needs consistency!

As per usual trying to justify foul play because other nations do it .And just for the record JD2 left the field after a failed tackle which hurt his bicep not because of Flouw. We all watched the game dont make up things . If this had been a Springbok headbutting someone in the face so hard they bleed you would be shouting murder from the rooftops Whistle 
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 25 Jun 2014, 1:41 pm

Etzebeth copped a 4 week ban for a mock headbutt.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 25 Jun 2014, 3:14 pm

Biltong wrote:Etzebeth copped a 4 week ban for a mock headbutt.

That was totally unfair.

Who was it on again?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 25 Jun 2014, 3:26 pm

Linebreaker wrote:

That was totally unfair.

Who was it on again?

Oh, I am sure you know Wink
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 25 Jun 2014, 3:48 pm

Biltong wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:

That was totally unfair.

Who was it on again?

One of ours?
If so, he probably had it coming to him anyway.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 25 Jun 2014, 4:29 pm

Linebreaker wrote:
Biltong wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:

That was totally unfair.

Who was it on again?

One of ours?

Don't you remember, in 2012 Nathan Sharpe tuanted him, it was his 5th or 6th test, he gesticulated to Sharpe that he will headbutt him, mimicked it and Sharpe made a fuss to the referee, he got cited and banned
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Wed 25 Jun 2014, 5:01 pm

Biltong wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:
Biltong wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:

That was totally unfair.

Who was it on again?

One of ours?

Don't you remember, in 2012 Nathan Sharpe tuanted him, it was his 5th or 6th test, he gesticulated to Sharpe that he will headbutt him, mimicked it and Sharpe made a fuss to the referee, he got cited and banned

To be fair to the citing commissioner they probably thought this could be another Bakkies in the making , better hurl the book at him and nip it in the bud
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 25 Jun 2014, 7:30 pm

Anyone got a link to it, I cant remember it being mentioned at the time, was that why he was subbed earlier than I was expecting at least?
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Fri 27 Jun 2014, 9:28 am

Bullsbok wrote:
Seagultaf wrote:Samson will learn from this and become a bit more street wise. It is frustrating though to see young Welsh players cited and banned when other (bigger) nations seem to get away with far more.

As per usual trying to justify foul play because other nations do it .And just for the record JD2 left the field after a failed tackle which hurt his bicep not because of Flouw. We all watched the game dont make up things . If this had been a Springbok headbutting someone in the face so hard they bleed you would be shouting murder from the rooftops Whistle 

I have no problem with Lee being banned for violent play, although I did not see the incident, the game is dangerous enough without players resorting to violence. I do have a problem with selective refereeing where similar violent incidents are not reported.

If you did watch the previous match as you claim you will know that JD2 was injured after the No 6 smashed him in the back as he was lying on the floor after he had failed to prevent the try being scored. Whether he was injured in the failed tackle or as seems more likely by the smash in the back, the facts still stand.

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 27 Jun 2014, 11:44 am

I can't even remember the head butt, I am either not focused on looking for foul play, or likely not bothered to look out for it.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8