The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+9
superflyweight
Pal Joey
kingraf
Galted
Rowley
Mind the windows Tino.
rIck_dAgless
seanmichaels
JuliusHMarx
13 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 10 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 10 Jun 2014, 2:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

Fist

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 10 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jun 2014, 5:36 pm

[quote="Rowley"]Good team and won their share, but few clubs are easier to hate, maudlin whiny self pity passed off as passion. Concepts such as understatement and a quiet dignified approach to anything appear completely lost on them. The ground is a dump as well, attending Anfield remains one of the most underwhelming experiences of my life.

understatement and a quiet dignified approach to anything appear completely lost on them
Er CHELSEA anyone? Man Utd are also one of the most smug self satisfied teams around. Thing is, if they don't win anything for a while and start reminiscing about how good they used to be, the irony that they slate Liverpool for doing the same will be completely lost upon them.

Enjoyed my trip to Anfield (nice cup of tea) but the walk from the car through the boarded up housing estates does rank as one of my more depressing experiences...closely followed by the dire match I had to sit through. However, for me, sitting in the Kop was a lifelong ambition filled and nothing was going to detract from that.

Still, nowt more annoying than football fans!!!!

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 10 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 20 Jun 2014, 6:52 am

Liverpool did last night what they have been doing all seaon to be fair...

Great pass from Gerrard to Suarez who went on to finish well...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 20 Jun 2014, 8:37 am

rick_dagless wrote:Liverpool did last night what they have been doing all seaon to be fair...

Great pass from Gerrard to Suarez who went on to finish well...

I will freely admit I know next to nothing about girlball, but the England defense are pretty hopeless, right? The two lads in the middle looked about as quick and mobile as a tractor.

It was like watching Jeff and TopHat playing centre half.

Morning Ricko.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 20 Jun 2014, 8:45 am

I am more your tricky winger type Tina, it is my electrifying pace that makes all the difference.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 20 Jun 2014, 8:48 am

Rowley wrote:I am more your tricky winger type Tina, it is my electrifying pace that makes all the difference.

I actually thought as much. I have you down as a Chris Waddle type player.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 20 Jun 2014, 8:49 am

I was a 2 footed Pirlo type. Accuracy with the right foot, power with the left.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 20 Jun 2014, 8:50 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Rowley wrote:I am more your tricky winger type Tina, it is my electrifying pace that makes all the difference.

I actually thought as much.  I have you down as a Chris Waddle type player.

More Andy Sinton

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 20 Jun 2014, 8:50 am

seanmichaels wrote:I was a 2 footed Pirlo type. Accuracy with the right foot, power with the left.

Course you are Coxy.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 20 Jun 2014, 8:51 am

Goalkeeper until everyone else grew taller and I didn't.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 20 Jun 2014, 8:53 am

seanmichaels wrote:

I actually thought as much.  I have you down as a Chris Waddle type player.

More Andy Sinton

I literally have no idea who that is.

I am guessing he is sh*t though.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 20 Jun 2014, 8:54 am

Rowley wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:I was a 2 footed Pirlo type. Accuracy with the right foot, power with the left.

Course you are Coxy.

I was better on astroturf. Career highlight was scoring 4 in our 5-1 demolition of the teachers and maintenance staff.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 20 Jun 2014, 8:54 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Goalkeeper until everyone else grew taller and I didn't.

Wendyball's loss but a huge gain for the world of seniors tennis.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 20 Jun 2014, 8:58 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Goalkeeper until everyone else grew taller and I didn't.

Wendyball's loss but a huge gain for the world of seniors tennis.

Can't argue with that Tino. You speak the truth.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 20 Jun 2014, 9:20 am

I should probably do the Scottish thing and gloat, but I really don't care and England results have never really put me up nor down.

Wasn't a great game and England just reverted to type and lost to a better team. Uruguay were smart and defended really deep to prevent England's runners getting behind them, knowing that England would be clueless at breaking them down.

Think the performance against Italy was ok, but not half as good as the media made it out to be. Press reports made England sound like Brazil '82.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 20 Jun 2014, 9:40 am

Smug jock

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 20 Jun 2014, 9:40 am

The should have brought Rolf Harris on for Gerrard after 60 mins. You could see he had no more legs... whilst Rolf obviously has that 3rd one which would have come in handy towards the end.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 20 Jun 2014, 9:49 am

seanmichaels wrote:Smug jock

Yeah, because sport wise we have a lot to be smug about.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 20 Jun 2014, 9:53 am

superflyweight wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Smug jock

Yeah, because sport wise we have a lot to be smug about.  

Curling?

Deep frying?

Stabbing?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 20 Jun 2014, 9:57 am

Wheezing

Morbid obesity

Short life expectancy

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 20 Jun 2014, 9:58 am

Tennis?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 20 Jun 2014, 9:58 am

Pale skin.

Ginger hair.

Swearing.

Square goes.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:13 am

How was the return trip Tino. Did you bring any sausage back?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:16 am

seanmichaels wrote:How was the return trip Tino. Did you bring any sausage back?

Uneventful, thanks, but I'm touched by you asking the question.

I didn't bring any sausage back, I have had my fill of German sausage over the last few days.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:19 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote: I have had my fill of German sausage over the last few days.

It is beneath me.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:20 am

Missus went to Hamburg with work a few years back. She said it was lovely. I'd give it a go but I pretty much have to go to France for my summer holidays and if I go abroad again I'd either go to Bali to see my brother and half'n'half niece, or Sri Lanka.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:20 am

seanmichaels wrote:How was the return trip Tino. Did you bring any sausage back?

Uneventful, thanks, but I'm touched by you asking the question.

I didn't bring any sausage back, I have had my fill of German sausage over the last few days.

Oooh, matron!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:21 am

Rowley wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote: I have had my fill of German sausage over the last few days.

It is beneath me.

It was beneath me as well.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:22 am

seanmichaels wrote:Missus went to Hamburg with work a few years back. She said it was lovely. I'd give it a go but I pretty much have to go to France for my summer holidays and if I go abroad again I'd either go to Bali to see my brother and half'n'half niece, or Sri Lanka.

You have a transgender niece?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:30 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Missus went to Hamburg with work a few years back. She said it was lovely. I'd give it a go but I pretty much have to go to France for my summer holidays and if I go abroad again I'd either go to Bali to see my brother and half'n'half niece, or Sri Lanka.

You have a transgender niece?

Nah, she's brown with slightly slanted eyes but the family nose (Schmeichel). Only met her last Christmas. Hard work but lovely nonetheless.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:35 am

Morning Tino

(been in meetings)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:36 am

Rick! Hey, look everyone, it's rick!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:38 am

Awww, shucks Jules... (made me feel like Poochie)

Morning by the way

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:38 am

rick_dagless wrote:Morning Tino

(been in meetings)

Morning pal.

You've been on the loo haven't you?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:40 am

Tino wrote:You've been on the loo haven't you?.

Would have been more productive, with a lot less Sh1t to be honest Tino...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 20 Jun 2014, 11:43 am

Sun trying to break through here. Pub at lunch, hoping to see some prime growler in the beer garden.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 20 Jun 2014, 12:21 pm

Will, a Yorkshireman fractionally shorter than Silva: Sat in the library attempting to do some MA dissertation work with TMS on - just guffawed at Geoffrey's comment on shooting himself if he played on covered pitches and didn't average 85, now have a few tentative looks from the people around me.

Tickled me.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 20 Jun 2014, 1:13 pm

Takes a special poster to kill a thread twice in 2 posts.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 20 Jun 2014, 1:21 pm

It's something we can only aspire to Tino.
Perhaps more use of the word 'growler' would help us to reach sean's level.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 20 Jun 2014, 1:22 pm

Perhaps so.

Growler.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 20 Jun 2014, 1:23 pm

Tumbleweed 

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 20 Jun 2014, 1:25 pm

I'm off to Morrison's. Hope to see some top growler on the checkouts. I can tell their minge-trimming habits by the way they scan my meatballs.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 20 Jun 2014, 1:30 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Takes a "special" poster to kill a thread twice in 2 posts.

No need for the quotation marks, Tina. That's just nasty - as was the mong face you pulled when typing it.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 20 Jun 2014, 1:31 pm

superflyweight wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Takes a "special" poster to kill a thread twice in 2 posts.

No need for the quotation marks, Tina.  That's just nasty - as was the mong face you pulled when typing it.  

That's my normal face.

You're just nasty.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 20 Jun 2014, 1:33 pm

I whip Galted's mum in the mimsy just once and now I'm labelled "nasty".

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 20 Jun 2014, 1:36 pm

superflyweight wrote:I whip Galted's mum in the mimsy just once and now I'm labelled "nasty".  

She was begging for more, but you refused. Obviously that's nasty.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 20 Jun 2014, 1:41 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
superflyweight wrote:I whip Galted's mum in the mimsy just once and now I'm labelled "nasty".  

She was begging for more, but you refused. Obviously that's nasty.

If 'fly had replaced 'mimsy' with 'growler', it would have killed this thread.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 20 Jun 2014, 1:44 pm

No Growler, Clout, Clunge or beaver of any note. Feeling heady after 2 pints. Lovely feeling.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 20 Jun 2014, 1:50 pm

Dont you get growlers in Teddy Bears? Or am I missing the point?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 20 Jun 2014, 2:37 pm

Tumbleweed 

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 20 Jun 2014, 2:40 pm

At least we now have a Safeword...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next