The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+9
superflyweight
Pal Joey
kingraf
Galted
Rowley
Mind the windows Tino.
rIck_dAgless
seanmichaels
JuliusHMarx
13 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 10 Jun 2014, 2:14 pm

Fist

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 10 Jun 2014, 2:15 pm

^ That's my little tribute to the much-missed Galted. It should appear at the top after the thread split.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by seanmichaels Tue 10 Jun 2014, 2:15 pm

He's probably tired from the D-day commemorations. It is a long trek at his age.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 10 Jun 2014, 2:16 pm

Well played Jules...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 10 Jun 2014, 2:17 pm

seanmichaels wrote:He's probably tired from the D-day commemorations. It is a long trek at his age.

He has barely recovered from his annual trip to remember the battle of the Somme.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 10 Jun 2014, 2:18 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:He's probably tired from the D-day commemorations. It is a long trek at his age.

He has barely recovered from his annual trip to remember the battle of the Somme.

The Somme was greater than its parts.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 10 Jun 2014, 2:25 pm

That reminds of the 'blowie' chapter in Birdsong.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 10 Jun 2014, 2:27 pm

seanmichaels wrote:That reminds of the 'blowie' chapter in Birdsong.

It's hardly a chapter, is it? More like a couple of paragraphs.

Great book though.

CULTURE!

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 10 Jun 2014, 2:31 pm

It's hardly a chapter, is it?  More like a couple of paragraphs.

Great book though.

CULTURE!

I wonder if Seb Faulkes would be happy that my abiding memory of the book was some old school Frenchie getting a salty gobful?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 10 Jun 2014, 2:34 pm

Sebastian Faulks wrote a James Bond novel, of the modern additions to the Bond canon it is considered one of the better attempts.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 10 Jun 2014, 2:35 pm

seanmichaels wrote:

It's hardly a chapter, is it?  More like a couple of paragraphs.

Great book though.

CULTURE!

I wonder if Seb Faulkes would be happy that my abiding memory of the book was some old school Frenchie getting a salty gobful?

That should be a review on the cover if it's ever re-released.

"I like the bit with the old school Frenchie getting a salty gobful" - Sean Michaels 606v2.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 10 Jun 2014, 2:39 pm

I'll see if I can patent it. Don't want to be robbed like Dangerous Dave was by Eddie.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 10 Jun 2014, 3:35 pm

Video killed the radio star.

Michaels killed the Culture Cup.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 10 Jun 2014, 3:47 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Video killed the radio star.

You're the one that wants to hold her
Hold her and control her
You'd better forget it
You'll never get it
For she'll say there's no other
Till she finds another
Better forget it
Oh you'll regret it

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 10 Jun 2014, 3:47 pm

Michaels is the Lee Harvey Oswald of the culture cup (he did it, before any of you conspiracy idiots start)

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 10 Jun 2014, 3:49 pm

I'm going to Lords on Saturday for the test match, Seany. Do you want me to pass a message on to Sam Robson if I get the chance?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 10 Jun 2014, 3:51 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I'm going to Lords on Saturday for the test match, Seany.  Do you want me to pass a message on to Sam Robson if I get the chance?

Aw look Sam, do you want a sanger?
Aw look Sam you could have removed the turtle choker before passing me the tinny.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 10 Jun 2014, 3:52 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Video killed the radio star.

You're the one that wants to hold her
Hold her and control her
You'd better forget it
You'll never get it
For she'll say there's no other
Till she finds another
Better forget it
Oh you'll regret it

Easy, lover.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 10 Jun 2014, 3:53 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I'm going to Lords on Saturday for the test match, Seany.  Do you want me to pass a message on to Sam Robson if I get the chance?

Not sure he will be able to hear you from the corporate boxes Tina.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 10 Jun 2014, 3:55 pm

Rowley wrote:

With modern-day sponsorship, do cricketers wear corporate boxes?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 10 Jun 2014, 3:57 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Rowley wrote:

With modern-day sponsorship, do cricketers wear corporate boxes?

I wear a yellow one which curls around to my undercarriage. Best of a bad bunch.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 10 Jun 2014, 3:58 pm

Rowley wrote:

How very dare you. This is on my own money and I am sitting with the proletariat.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jun 2014, 4:16 pm

seanmichaels wrote:I'll see if I can patent it. Don't want to be robbed like Dangerous Dave was by Eddie.
I'm still bitter about that Sean however, as my natural state is one of extreme bitterness it's nigh on impossible to tell if there's any discernible change in my general demeanour.

Mrs667 still thinks I'm a c**t, so I'd say there isn't

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 10 Jun 2014, 9:58 pm

seanmichaels wrote:I was thinking what your real names could be on the way to work this morning.

Tino - Nigel
Jeff - Terry
Jules - Dennis
Kingraf - Fannie
Superfly - Alec
Rick - Rick
Galted - Virgil

Very good though I wasn't hugely pleased with the "Virgil" part of it.

Tino - Barry
Jeff - Thaddeus
Jules - Sir Rupert
Kingraf - Bongani
Superfly - Mervyn
Rick - Ricky
Linebreaker - Mitchell
Seanmichaels - Buford
Galted - I don't think my name is likely to be Virgil, it's more of a Clayton or a Ramone

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 10 Jun 2014, 10:00 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:^ That's my little tribute to the much-missed Galted. It should appear at the top after the thread split.

You're a beautiful, beautiful person, Julius.

I haven't been this touched since I got dressing room passes for my fourth birthday when Rolf Harris and Jimmy Savile hosted a charity concert in my hometown.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 10 Jun 2014, 10:00 pm

I would be genuinely ecstatic to be called Thaddeus.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 10 Jun 2014, 10:11 pm

Evening, Jeff. If you own a field that contains an oak tree and a dry stone wall you have earned the right to be called Thaddeus.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 10 Jun 2014, 10:12 pm

Bongani? NO!! I've got three names mate, and Bongani isn't even the right language group!!
One of my names is in Afrikaans, and a certain Springbok backline player shares it with me
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 10 Jun 2014, 10:15 pm

Isnt Galted's real name Ray Mears, or something?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 10 Jun 2014, 10:21 pm

Fourie?
Morne?
Frans?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 10 Jun 2014, 10:35 pm

kingraf wrote:Isnt Galted's real name Ray Mears,  or something?

Oi!

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 11 Jun 2014, 8:03 am

Pretty vacant on here this morning.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 11 Jun 2014, 8:14 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Pretty vacant on here this morning.

How's your pistol, Jules?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 11 Jun 2014, 8:25 am

Rotten.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 11 Jun 2014, 8:26 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Rotten.

Sounds a bit vicious.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 11 Jun 2014, 8:32 am

Never mind the bollox, here's Michaels.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 11 Jun 2014, 8:33 am

seanmichaels wrote:Never mind the bollox, here's Michaels.

Morning Seano.

Much to drink last night?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 11 Jun 2014, 8:35 am

Just a few ciders. Had to meet the chap from the ECB then defurniturise the house. Finished off with 'The Breaking Point'. Awesome episode.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 11 Jun 2014, 8:40 am

seanmichaels wrote:Just a few ciders. Had to meet the chap from the ECB then defurniturise the house. Finished off with 'The Breaking Point'. Awesome episode.

How was Mario?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 11 Jun 2014, 8:42 am

Galted wrote:
Frans?
Ding ding ding
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 11 Jun 2014, 8:42 am

Mario?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 11 Jun 2014, 8:43 am

Faf du raf?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 11 Jun 2014, 8:48 am

seanmichaels wrote:Mario?

Draghi. You said you were meeting the guy from the ECB.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 11 Jun 2014, 8:48 am

seanmichaels wrote:Faf du raf?

Raf Burger.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 11 Jun 2014, 8:51 am

seanmichaels wrote:Mario?

Draghi.  You said you were meeting the guy from the ECB.

With you.

He was very complimentary and the cores he took out the pitch were useful. Pretty jealous of his life. Groundsman at a big public school, ECB stuff on the side (£300 for a couple of hours).

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 11 Jun 2014, 8:51 am

Morning all, how are we all this pleasant morning. I am off work today. Meeting friends for lunch and then going to watch a film as part of the Sheffield documentary festival, because I am culture.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 11 Jun 2014, 8:54 am

Rowley wrote:Morning all, how are we all this pleasant morning. I am off work today. Meeting friends for lunch and then going to watch a film as part of the Sheffield documentary festival, because I am culture.

The Full Monty?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 11 Jun 2014, 8:55 am

seanmichaels wrote:Faf du raf?

My birth name is Francesc, ostensibly after some guy my dad grew up with in Spain. Went to an Afrikaans school, so unfortunately, Francesc didn't become Frank, or Cesc, rather it became Frans.

Would have infinitely preferred Faf, as it doesn't evoke images of a farmer in khaki shorts, and pale green shirts.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 11 Jun 2014, 8:57 am

Rowley wrote:Morning all, how are we all this pleasant morning. I am off work today. Meeting friends for lunch and then going to watch a film as part of the Sheffield documentary festival, because I am culture.

Loosely translated as.

Ey up, lads. Are we reet? Been't fired from job. Basstards. No bother though, tha is meeting old collier mate at Gregg's for sausage roll and iced bun. Then back tuh his place as he said he has a VHS of a doberman sh*gging his mates rottweiler.

Morning Jeff. Have a lovely day.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 11 Jun 2014, 9:04 am

Loosely translated as.

Ey up, lads.  Are we reet?  Been't fired from job.  Basstards.  No bother though, tha is meeting old collier mate at Gregg's for sausage roll and iced bun.  Then back tuh his place as he said he has a VHS of a doberman sh*gging his mates rottweiler.

Morning Jeff.  Have a lovely day.

Laugh

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next