The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General RL Discussion!

+5
Steel
TopoftheChops
RuggerFan
Luke
Pal Joey
9 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

General RL Discussion! - Page 9 Empty General RL Discussion!

Post by Luke Mon 24 Mar 2014, 12:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

A thread we're we can discuss our sides, what's happening in RL, the future and everything else to do with Rugby League.

I really hope that Cas can keep up there early form and stay in the top 8.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

General RL Discussion! - Page 9 Empty Re: General RL Discussion!

Post by Pal Joey Sat 16 May 2020, 12:40 pm

The Beast wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:GH1895, The Beast and Luke,

Some good news guys with the season kicking off in just under 2 weeks on Thursday 28 May... early morning your time.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl-draw-revealed-broncos-and-eels-showdown-to-kick-off-opening-weekend-20200515-p54td9.html

It's been tough here without our beloved sport but also surprising how well we've coped. I've been following since the early 70s and never would've thought we'd have a year without RL.

Some good match ups to get things rolling again. I have a feeling the game will come back stronger than ever. I'm actually happy we're back to one ref - speeds things up with less interference. We had only one ref for 101 years or so and it will be like a blast from the past to see that again. If blunders are made then we'll just have to live with it but I'm sure we're all just itching to see some action again.

Take care guys... hope you can enjoy the upcoming games wherever you are. OK

Thank and a warm welcome.

It sounds like your government have done a significantly better job than ours of containing the virus, protecting vulnerable people and the staff caring for them.

Sky Sports will be showing the games, which personally I don't have and I am have spending a silly amount of time working of late.  I am hopeful however I can see games perhaps on You Tube (other platforms are available).  As a Bradford Bulls supporter whilst saddened at the time to see them go it is good to see former academy products Elliott Whitehead and John Bateman making an impact.

I find your comment on two referees particularly interesting my complaint here is the ruck generally (particularly in the lower divisions) is horribly messy and slow.  When I see NRL games it always stands out to me the at tackle areas are much much cleaner, I have been thinking that two officials would help?  Perhaps not and maybe there is a different culture in your competition?

Best wishes to you and family and likewise take care.

Cheers mate. Best wishes to you and your family too.

Have a feeling that with going back to one ref now they won't tolerate any nonsense and try very hard ensure quick play the balls. I think with two refs there was a little over-policing... penalties given for minor infringements in back play or in areas just off the main action. Sometimes it had that air of calling up something just to let the players know 'who's the boss!'... which was amplified with 2 refs in the mix.

The one ref will have to keep on top of those types of things in back play but I believe they've been given instructions not to allow any nonsense and crack down early... which should keep the onus on the players not to risk penalties. Also saw something today about more attention will be paid to holding down in the tackle / grappling in the ruck and I'm guessing the players will be made aware of that in no uncertain terms to keep the game flowing.

The government here have done pretty well. People have mostly complied with the restrictions but there were still a few doing silly things and getting caught out and fined. There has been a lot of pressure from the NRL to get things going (even a few weeks back) but it was put down pretty quickly. I'm just hoping we can get through the remaining 18 rounds without interruption or worse - stopped dead in its tracks again and season abandoned.

We need to be careful firing up the season again because it's now getting towards winter flu season... and with the huge shadow of covid still looming in our conscience they'll be on high alert; even though the numbers are very low and things have been quite well contained thus far.

In a way it will be like a living scientific experiment to see if things can be kept under control. However, if there are any bad signs or new localised outbreaks occur near where they are playing, then I'm sure the government will force the NRL to slam the doors shut again. Fingers crossed we can get through the rest of this season unscathed.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 19 May 2020, 3:02 pm

Hey Beast,Joey, hopefully you and yours are all well and surviving.

It's good news, and hopefully will get some interest back into the sport. Although watching the highlights of the behind close doors games before then, was kind of weird. But it certainly gives fans something to look forward to.

Unfortunately in England, it wouldn't surprise me if the game doesn't return. There's to much lack of clarity, about how many games, promotion and relegation, players, wether there should be some fans or not etc. And whilst these are all valid concerns, I wish someone would just take control. And set out a plan for the rest of the year, (personally no relegation, promote the top 2, and have 14 team leagues, and get rid of the loop fixtures, same for the championship).

I agree with beast on the 2 referees, with the way it is over here. Think we need to go that root, will be interesting to see the reaction.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 07 Jun 2020, 9:04 am

I have seen a few NRL highlights of games. Some excellent games, I do like the theory of the reset rule and see that from week 1 at least there are more 30 PTB and thus 5 sets on average per game. What I cannot see (perhaps it is clear when watching live) is why sometimes a re-set and others a "normal" penalty? Can anyone shed light on this, Pal Joey?

Fans in the stand, a great idea that could be used here when all sports are back up behind closed doors.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Mon 15 Jun 2020, 9:10 am

The Beast wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:GH1895, The Beast and Luke,

Some good news guys with the season kicking off in just under 2 weeks on Thursday 28 May... early morning your time.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl-draw-revealed-broncos-and-eels-showdown-to-kick-off-opening-weekend-20200515-p54td9.html

It's been tough here without our beloved sport but also surprising how well we've coped. I've been following since the early 70s and never would've thought we'd have a year without RL.

Some good match ups to get things rolling again. I have a feeling the game will come back stronger than ever. I'm actually happy we're back to one ref - speeds things up with less interference. We had only one ref for 101 years or so and it will be like a blast from the past to see that again. If blunders are made then we'll just have to live with it but I'm sure we're all just itching to see some action again.

Take care guys... hope you can enjoy the upcoming games wherever you are. OK

Thank and a warm welcome.

It sounds like your government have done a significantly better job than ours of containing the virus, protecting vulnerable people and the staff caring for them.

Sky Sports will be showing the games, which personally I don't have and I am have spending a silly amount of time working of late.  I am hopeful however I can see games perhaps on You Tube (other platforms are available).  As a Bradford Bulls supporter whilst saddened at the time to see them go it is good to see former academy products Elliott Whitehead and John Bateman making an impact.

I find your comment on two referees particularly interesting my complaint here is the ruck generally (particularly in the lower divisions) is horribly messy and slow.  When I see NRL games it always stands out to me the at tackle areas are much much cleaner, I have been thinking that two officials would help?  Perhaps not and maybe there is a different culture in your competition?

Best wishes to you and family and likewise take care.
Well said that man

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 15 Jun 2020, 9:38 am

The Beast wrote:I have seen a few NRL highlights of games.  Some excellent games, I do like the theory of the reset rule and see that from week 1 at least there are more 30 PTB and thus 5 sets on average per game.  What I cannot see (perhaps it is clear when watching live) is why sometimes a re-set and others a "normal" penalty?  Can anyone shed light on this, Pal Joey?

Fans in the stand, a great idea that could be used here when all sports are back up behind closed doors.

I found this, Beast... I hope it clears things up for you. Must admit I was also a little confused at first. It's great to have it back again and I agree there have been some very good free-flowing games.

The referee will signal "six-again" for any defensive ruck infringement that in the past would have resulted in a penalty, including holding down, hand on the ball, crowding at the play-the-ball and leg pulls.

However, a penalty will be awarded for a professional foul or repeated infringements if a team attempts to slow the play down so their defensive line can get set.

Significantly, any time the referee penalises a player for a professional foul or repeated infringements in the ruck, the offender will be automatically sent to the sin bin.

A repeated infringement scenario may arise where multiple "six-again" restarts have been awarded and, in the opinion of the referee, harsher action is required.

Teams do not have to be warned about repeated infringements before the referee awards a full penalty and send the offending player to the sin bin as a stronger deterrent.

A penalty will still be awarded for stripping the ball or any other infringement by the defending team which results in a lost ball or an unacceptable play-the-ball necessitating a stoppage.

A marker not standing square at the play-the-ball will be considered offside and will result in a penalty.

Infringements by the attacking team will still be penalised and if, in the opinion of the referee, the attacking team deliberately breaks down play in an attempt to convert "six-again" to a full penalty, the referee will order a scrum to be packed with the defending team being awarded the feed.

The referee will primarily control the 10 metres with the assistance of the open side touch judge, while the touch judge closest to the play-the-ball will assist with the control of the ruck and may step on the field of play to do so.

The Refs' Bunker will monitor the rucks and may assist the referee when the opportunity presents during breaks in play.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Tue 16 Jun 2020, 5:00 pm

Luke wrote:Hey Beast,Joey, hopefully you and yours are all well and surviving.

It's good news, and hopefully will get some interest back into the sport. Although watching the highlights of the behind close doors games before then, was kind of weird. But it certainly gives fans something to look forward to.

Unfortunately in England, it wouldn't surprise me if the game doesn't return. There's to much lack of clarity, about how many games, promotion and relegation, players, wether there should be some fans or not etc. And whilst these are all valid concerns, I wish someone would just take control. And set out a plan for the rest of the year, (personally no relegation, promote the top 2, and have 14 team leagues, and get rid of the loop fixtures, same for the championship).

I agree with beast on the 2 referees, with the way it is over here. Think we need to go that root, will be interesting to see the reaction.
GB RL always come's back, but always weaker

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 21 Jun 2020, 8:41 am

Pal Joey wrote:
The Beast wrote:I have seen a few NRL highlights of games.  Some excellent games, I do like the theory of the reset rule and see that from week 1 at least there are more 30 PTB and thus 5 sets on average per game.  What I cannot see (perhaps it is clear when watching live) is why sometimes a re-set and others a "normal" penalty?  Can anyone shed light on this, Pal Joey?

I found this, Beast... I hope it clears things up for you. Must admit I was also a little confused at first. It's great to have it back again and I agree there have been some very good free-flowing games.

The referee will signal "six-again" for any defensive ruck infringement that in the past would have resulted in a penalty, including holding down, hand on the ball, crowding at the play-the-ball and leg pulls.

However, a penalty will be awarded for a professional foul or repeated infringements if a team attempts to slow the play down so their defensive line can get set.

Significantly, any time the referee penalises a player for a professional foul or repeated infringements in the ruck, the offender will be automatically sent to the sin bin.

A repeated infringement scenario may arise where multiple "six-again" restarts have been awarded and, in the opinion of the referee, harsher action is required.

Teams do not have to be warned about repeated infringements before the referee awards a full penalty and send the offending player to the sin bin as a stronger deterrent.

A penalty will still be awarded for stripping the ball or any other infringement by the defending team which results in a lost ball or an unacceptable play-the-ball necessitating a stoppage.

A marker not standing square at the play-the-ball will be considered offside and will result in a penalty.

Infringements by the attacking team will still be penalised and if, in the opinion of the referee, the attacking team deliberately breaks down play in an attempt to convert "six-again" to a full penalty, the referee will order a scrum to be packed with the defending team being awarded the feed.

The referee will primarily control the 10 metres with the assistance of the open side touch judge, while the touch judge closest to the play-the-ball will assist with the control of the ruck and may step on the field of play to do so.

The Refs' Bunker will monitor the rucks and may assist the referee when the opportunity presents during breaks in play.

Thank you for taking the time to find this, very much appreciated.

I would like to see this implemented here, as mentioned the rucks are a mess ball carriers getting to their feet with defenders hanging on/hands on the ball etc. In the lower divisions it is particularly bad, officials are seemingly reluctant to use the sin bin and the experienced players take advantage, continually slowing the game, conceding penalties. Frustrates the attacking team and those watching. Having to make tackle after tackle I think would be disincentivise those tactics and we would have a better spectacle.

The Beast

George Hotel1895 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 21 Jun 2020, 8:43 am

George Hotel1895 wrote:
Luke wrote:Hey Beast,Joey, hopefully you and yours are all well and surviving.

GB RL always come's back, but always weaker

I think you are right particularly with this pandemic.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 22 Jun 2020, 5:15 pm

I think we'll get through it. But how it will affect the club's, and the shape of the competition will be interesting.
Really don't think Elstien has done anything to feel good about during the pandemic.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Wed 24 Jun 2020, 3:40 pm

Luke wrote:I think we'll get through it. But how it will affect the club's, and the shape of the competition will be interesting.
Really don't think Elstien has done anything to feel good about during the pandemic.
In my mind he hasn't justified his wages yet, if the rumours of his wages are true

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 07 Jul 2020, 6:01 pm

Looks like there won't be any promotion or relegation this season.

Whilst very beneficial for my club, this is wrong. Not against the no relegation, but at least promote the top championship club (I would do top 2), and level up sl.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Tue 07 Jul 2020, 6:27 pm

I would not be surprised if there is little/no further Championship games this year. Most clubs will struggle to survive without crowds.

If this is correct, might not be much SL either Super League Re-start Under Threat

Not sure if this is a major concern or certain players trying to secure their contracts (no I don't blame them).

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Wed 08 Jul 2020, 6:37 pm

Luke wrote:Looks like there won't be any promotion or relegation this season.

Whilst very beneficial for my club, this is wrong. Not against the no relegation, but at least promote the top championship club (I would do top 2), and level up sl.
In my opinion there shouldn't be any relegation from Super League for the next 2 seasons. Just promote the championship winners, and as well it might encourage Super League clubs to blood British talent if they have nothing to lose

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Wed 08 Jul 2020, 6:39 pm

The Beast wrote:I would not be surprised if there is little/no further Championship games this year.  Most clubs will struggle to survive without crowds.

If this is correct, might not be much SL either Super League Re-start Under Threat

Not sure if this is a major concern or certain players trying to secure their contracts (no I don't blame them).
Sadly i think you could be right, but in the nicest possible way i hope you are wrong

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 09 Jul 2020, 2:13 am

The problem is that clubs are losing money left and right (I know Rovers had 3 concerts that would have bought in substantial money for the club cancelled), and in the rush to stay afloat the players are being used. And due to the lack of leadership money coming in has dried up. Unfortunately it's a lose lose situation for clubs and players.

Personally if they could, I'd scrap this season, start again next year with the club's starting on the points they've already got from this year.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Fri 17 Jul 2020, 2:34 pm

Luke wrote:The problem is that clubs are losing money left and right (I know Rovers had 3 concerts that would have bought in substantial money for the club cancelled), and in the rush to stay afloat the players are being used. And due to the lack of leadership money coming in has dried up. Unfortunately it's a lose lose situation for clubs and players.

Personally if they could, I'd scrap this season, start again next year with the club's starting on the points they've already got from this year.
I think in the RFL's defense they dammed if they do and dammed if they don't.
Personally i don't know the answer is.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 16 Aug 2020, 8:48 am

York & Featherstone now confirm they will not take part in the Autumn Championship/League One competition. Bit surprised regarding Fev, they were critical the championship season finished early and whilst unconfirmed it was reported they were interested in taking Toronto's SL spot.

There has to be questions over the Autumn comp. The RFL wanted 16 teams....at present there are 4......uuummm.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Tue 18 Aug 2020, 7:08 pm

The Beast wrote:York & Featherstone now confirm they will not take part in the Autumn Championship/League One competition.  Bit surprised regarding Fev, they were critical the championship season finished early and whilst unconfirmed it was reported they were interested in taking Toronto's SL spot.

There has to be questions over the Autumn comp.  The RFL wanted 16 teams....at present there are 4......uuummm.
Probably wont go ahead.
I think Fev has got aspiration in be in Super League next season, but in my opinion that won't happen as they will not bring any new fans to the game for TV.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 29 Aug 2020, 8:01 pm

George Hotel1895 wrote:
The Beast wrote:York & Featherstone now confirm they will not take part in the Autumn Championship/League One competition.  Bit surprised regarding Fev, they were critical the championship season finished early and whilst unconfirmed it was reported they were interested in taking Toronto's SL spot.

There has to be questions over the Autumn comp.  The RFL wanted 16 teams....at present there are 4......uuummm.
Probably wont go ahead.
I think Fev has got aspiration in be in Super League next season, but in my opinion that won't happen as they will not bring any new fans to the game for TV.

Leigh have now withdrawn so it seems a matter of time before it is cancelled.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 07 Sep 2020, 12:06 pm

Should have just said season over from the start. And let clubs arrange friendlies if they wanted to play some games.

Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sun 27 Sep 2020, 12:00 pm

Luke wrote:Should have just said season over from the start. And let clubs arrange friendlies if they wanted to play some games.

Indeed. The way things are i can't see any sense in starting next season unless fans are let back into grounds

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 30 Sep 2020, 2:42 pm

If it does get going next year.
Championship is looking strong. York adding Adam Cuthbertson and Ryan Atkins, Bradford Danny Brough. With others should be very competitive.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 05 Oct 2020, 11:03 pm

Congratulations to Salford, who after last year's grand final, have now qualified for the challenge cup final.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 10 Oct 2020, 9:01 am

Luke wrote:Congratulations to Salford,  who after last year's grand final, have now qualified for the challenge cup final.

I will second that, outstanding in the circumstances. Ian Watson must be one of the most sought after coaches in the UK.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Fri 23 Oct 2020, 3:42 pm

I thought the final was one of the best in the last 30 years

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 31 Oct 2020, 5:24 pm

West Wales raiders in league 1. Who have been dire for the last few years. Half back combination if next year goes ahead will be Rangi Chase and Gavin Henson.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 07 Nov 2020, 10:49 am

Announced that the SL has ended early (this weekend). Six team playoff series to follow. A good decision IMO, with game being postponed to COVID-19 positive tests it was becoming a farce. Very much hopeful to see good rugby played from here on.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 14 Nov 2020, 8:33 am

Quite surprised at the two SL playoff results, Hull & Catalans going through to meet Wigan and Saints in the semi - finals. I suspect we will see the latter two in the final, could there be more shocks?

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 14 Nov 2020, 5:20 pm

Both could do, especially as they both played great rugby, and have nothing to lose. I sort of hope it's not wigan/Saints, as had that quite a few times. But then they were the best sides in the season. Hull I feel have the best chance.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Mon 23 Nov 2020, 5:41 pm

A clear no to answer my question. Wigan v Saints final the two best teams in the competition this year in what should be a good and probably close game. As has been pointed out by others it is no co-incidence that these sides both feature a number of players developed in their own academies.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 24 Nov 2020, 12:27 pm

The Beast wrote:A clear no to answer my question.  Wigan v Saints final the two best teams in the competition this year in what should be a good and probably close game.  As has been pointed out by others it is no co-incidence that these sides both feature a number of players developed in their own academies.

True,
Which makes the fact that the sport is not running either a reserves, or academies next season a strange and in my opinion wrong decision. We need to give the young players a path way (shown by the fact how many young players where given at least a game after the restart). Instead we go the other way, and practically stop them playing for a year at least.

Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 28 Nov 2020, 8:12 am

ST Helens win the grand final.

After what was a great game, both sides showed awesome defence throughout, with the luck go to saints in the last minute. Thrilling, intense with some good play at times, game in the balance. Everything you could want from a grand final.

Been lucky with both major finals this year, as both where great games.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Tue 01 Dec 2020, 7:38 pm

Luke wrote:ST Helens win the grand final.

After what was a great game, both sides showed awesome defence throughout, with the luck go to saints in the last minute. Thrilling, intense with some good play at times, game in the balance. Everything you could want from a grand final.

Been lucky with both major finals this year, as both where great games.

100% agreed. Incredible finish which will need something quite extraordinary to top. Shame there had to be a losing side, however I think Wigan will be tough to beat next year with Bateman back.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Thu 24 Dec 2020, 7:12 pm

Off topic but best wishes for the festive period to all. I always look forward to your points of view, here is hoping for a better 2021.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 25 Dec 2020, 4:27 am

Merry Christmas to you and yours, have a safe festive period.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Fri 26 Feb 2021, 1:38 pm

Now that the disaster that was Robert Elstone is leaving his position at Super League should all clubs from Super League down be as one again and work for the good of the game?

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 04 Apr 2021, 5:32 pm

So after a couple of rds. Something thoughts, Hull FC are looking the real deal this year, Cas also look a bet to be challenging for the top. The 3 expected to be at the bottom, look good bet to be the bottom 3.

Great win for Toulouse, the championship could be the division. With lots of different clubs challenge and results being different.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 04 Apr 2021, 8:27 pm

Perhaps Hodgson can maintain the Hull form however we have seen this before from them only to drop away.

Very surprised to see Fax hammer London wasn't expecting that. Expected a tough,tight Bulls/Sheffield game today.........oops.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Mon 05 Apr 2021, 9:45 am

The Beast wrote:Perhaps Hodgson can maintain the Hull form however we have seen this before from them only to drop away.

Very surprised to see Fax hammer London wasn't expecting that.  Expected a tough,tight Bulls/Sheffield game today.........oops.
If past history is anything to go by Hodgson will have his work cut out maintaining the Black and Whites good start to the season.
Reading on forums from London fans and they seem to think that the Broncos are a bit lightweight in the forwards

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 10 Apr 2021, 8:39 pm

I get that, but there seems to be something different about this Hull team. And I can see them not dropping off, need to see them in a big game to be sure.

Halifax have a decent team,so not completely suprised especially as London didn't start recruiting till late.

The fact that there's no crowds must be really hurting York. 1st game Toulouse in a big clash, and 1st at the new stadium. Then Wigan the other night, the money they could have made.

No surprises in the cup so far, Salford brushing past Widnes with ease. Saints coming out on top v Leeds, Castleford winning an exciting tie, Wigan winning within themselves.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sat 10 Apr 2021, 8:45 pm

Luke wrote:So after a couple of rds. Something thoughts, Hull FC are looking the real deal this year, Cas also look a bet to be challenging for the top. The 3 expected to be at the bottom, look good bet to be the bottom 3.

Great win for Toulouse,  the championship could be the division.  With lots of different clubs challenge and results being different.
Daryl Powell will want to go out on a high at The Tigers and I'm expecting a big season from them

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sat 10 Apr 2021, 8:47 pm

The Beast wrote:Perhaps Hodgson can maintain the Hull form however we have seen this before from them only to drop away.

Very surprised to see Fax hammer London wasn't expecting that.  Expected a tough,tight Bulls/Sheffield game today.........oops.
I think Hull could be in for a good seaso,
As regards London i think they will have an average season at best

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sat 10 Apr 2021, 8:50 pm

Luke wrote:I get that, but there seems to be something different about this Hull team. And I can see them not dropping off, need to see them in a big game to be sure.

Halifax have a decent team,so not completely suprised especially as London didn't start recruiting till late.

The fact that there's no crowds must be really hurting York. 1st game Toulouse in a big clash, and 1st at the new stadium. Then Wigan the other night, the money they could have made.

No surprises in the cup so far, Salford brushing past Widnes with ease. Saints coming out on top v Leeds, Castleford winning an exciting tie, Wigan winning within themselves.
The Red Devils putting the score on Widnes that they did surprised. I thought Widnes were better than that, but perhaps the Red Devils are better than i thought they was. Time will tell

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 10 Apr 2021, 8:51 pm

Just a thing that doesn't make sense to me.

The world cup later this year, being played at grounds I don't think it should be (That's just a personal opinion, nothing against the grounds etc). If you go online at the moment, you can't pick your seat. You click a button get a ticket, but they choose the seat. Seems stupid and defeating the object to me, if you can't choose your seat your not going to risk buying a ticket.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sat 10 Apr 2021, 8:56 pm

Luke wrote:Just a thing that doesn't make sense to me.

The world cup later this year, being played at grounds I don't think it should be (That's just a personal opinion, nothing against the grounds etc). If you go online at the moment, you can't pick your seat. You click a button get a ticket, but they choose the seat. Seems stupid and defeating the object to me, if you can't choose your seat your not going to risk buying a ticket.
Indeed. I have always in the recent past until last season always brought my match ticket online to make sure i got the seat i wanted

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 26 Apr 2021, 4:25 am

Some interesting results in this weekend's championship.

Bradford defeating Dewsbury, despite Dewsbury having most of the pressure in the 2nd half, is a great result. Newcastle beating a decent Sheffield side. York finally turning it on, Toulouse getting a great result at Halifax. But perhaps the biggest, Barley absolutely dominating Widnes. Maybe a decent outside bet for the play offs. Looking a great league.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Mon 26 Apr 2021, 6:39 pm

Luke wrote:Some interesting results in this weekend's championship.

Bradford defeating Dewsbury, despite Dewsbury having most of the pressure in the 2nd half, is a great result. Newcastle beating a decent Sheffield side. York finally turning it on, Toulouse getting a great result at Halifax. But perhaps the biggest, Barley absolutely dominating Widnes. Maybe a decent outside bet for the play offs. Looking a great league.

It's been said before including pre-season aside from Fev and Toulouse, it looks to be very tight from 3rd downwards.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 28 Apr 2021, 7:25 am

Toulouse could have a problem, with having to play the required number of games. But if they do they are the stand out team in my opinion.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Thu 29 Apr 2021, 7:55 pm

Luke wrote:Toulouse could have a problem,  with having to play the required number of games. But if they do they are the stand out team in my opinion.
It's not Toulouse fault that some clubs refuse to go there.
In my opinion Toulouse should be awarded the win by 24-0

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 05 May 2021, 3:52 pm

George Hotel1895 wrote:
Luke wrote:Toulouse could have a problem,  with having to play the required number of games. But if they do they are the stand out team in my opinion.
It's not Toulouse fault that some clubs refuse to go there.
In my opinion Toulouse should be awarded the win by 24-0

Only London have refused, part time clubs don't have to go yet as quarantine would mean a number if players can't go.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next