The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General RL Discussion!

+5
Steel
TopoftheChops
RuggerFan
Luke
Pal Joey
9 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

General RL Discussion! Empty General RL Discussion!

Post by Luke Mon 24 Mar 2014, 12:21 pm

A thread we're we can discuss our sides, what's happening in RL, the future and everything else to do with Rugby League.

I really hope that Cas can keep up there early form and stay in the top 8.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

General RL Discussion! Empty Re: General RL Discussion!

Post by Luke Mon 24 Mar 2014, 2:35 pm

Also, just how do the RFL do there fixture list. In RD1 Both Hull & Rovers were at home. RD2 Both away, RD5 Both away, RD6 Both home, and next week both are again at home.
It really can't be that hard to have neighbours/rivals home and away on the same weekend to give casual, supporters with no allegiances etc just one game to go to, rather than a choice.
Have Hull, Castleford, Leeds, Widnes, Wigan at home on the same weekend so the clubs may get the casual support giving them a chance of extra money that the clubs need.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Mar 2014, 6:18 pm

Same Tiger, although I'm hoping Widnes keep it up

I have to say if they do I'll owe Dennis Betts a pretty hefty apology being so outwardly spoken against him in the past

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 24 Mar 2014, 10:19 pm

gazzyD wrote:Same Tiger, although I'm hoping Widnes keep it up

I have to say if they do I'll owe Dennis Betts a pretty hefty apology being so outwardly spoken against him in the past

Have to be honest, I never really rated him in the past. But he's certainly doing a great job the last couple of years, especially when you consider he only brings in a couple of players each off season, but the team improve.
Glad you & Cas are doing well gazzy, and hope you both continue to do so, as the top 8 needs other clubs to get in or it becomes stale.
Mind you, still hope we beat you.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Mar 2014, 11:28 pm

im gutted I can go this sunday, my weekend in work

the two games we played last year were decent, good competitive fixtures, hopefully more of the same again this year

yeah he seems to have instilled a good work ethic in the lads, theyre not the most talented team but we've given 100% this year when last couple of seasons we would let our heads drop

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Apr 2014, 6:09 pm

Did anybody catch the challenge cup draw? I missed it but hearing they got the 6 and 9 mixed up, any truth in that?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Tue 08 Apr 2014, 6:47 pm

gazzyD wrote:Did anybody catch the challenge cup draw? I missed it but hearing they got the 6 and 9 mixed up, any truth in that?

Didn't see but have seen others talking about it and I notice that the RFL are sending out Twitter messages denying any issues.

Reading the talk of Widnes' start to the season (well played and long may it continue) the guy I would give alot of credit to is Steve O'Connor (revered by all Bulls fans after his fantasic ticket donation during the first administration).  He kept faith with Betts and is IMO the best, perhaps only example of using the franchise system effectively.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 11 Apr 2014, 2:21 am

Interesting piece of trivia on the NRL

The Gold Coast Titans are on top of the table after 5 rounds... with a for/against points differential of.... -9

Apparently the last time this occurred was after Round 16 in 1953 when Canterbury-Bankstown were leading with a PD of -32.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 18 Apr 2014, 3:36 am

This are genuine question that if somebody can shed a light on I would be pleased. During tonight's Hull derby (and to all those who want technology in there sports, watch this game and see how wrong decisions can still be). Anyway twice Jamie Child gave a decision (For Welhams try, and Burns drop goal attempt), but both then went to the big screen. So who now decides on decisions going to the screen? If not the ref then who.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerFan Sat 19 Apr 2014, 10:53 am

Ultimately, the ref is the highest authority. He can look at the screen himself and take the decision.

RuggerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 19 Apr 2014, 4:08 pm

I did have not seen the incidents but I think Ruggerfan (new poster? Welcome to the chat) is right, + the video ref may have had a word (literally in the ear!). I have seen players sent off when the on-field officials have missed incidents only for the video ref to let them know.

KR doing well Tiger, I have thought all year that they are better than the early results that were mostly against the top sides.

Thanks Line Breaker that PD info. is certainly strange.

I am not looking forward to Monday, following Friday's hammering by Leeds, Bradford are missing Sidlow, Donaldson, Blythe, Diskin, George and Jamie Foster = they have to select a number of U19's to forfill the game at WIGAN!! Could be a cricket score.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 21 Apr 2014, 1:44 am

Yeah we are doing okay Beast (don't want to count my chickens yet), combinations beginning to work as players get used to each other (which is hardly suprising given the amount we recruited & let go), and I always thought we'd be a warm weather side given the amount of forwards to have the ability to off-load. More intresting is we're playing better without Eden or Langley in the side(though Langley's been playing well in the few games I've seen this year).

I actually thought Bradford would get out of the relegation by the end of the season, but as someone pointed out the other day, we're nearly in may, and will have to win a couple soon. Not sure why they aren't recruiting now (Surely you could have got Gardner instead of us), but you need players and soon. Do worry for you tomorrow though.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Mon 21 Apr 2014, 9:40 pm

Well hammered today as expected to be honest with U19's and Part time players on the pitch but it does sting, listened via radio just glad they did not get the 100 which sounded likely after an hour.

Regarding relegation it is nailed on IMO unless something changes with regarding to players and coaching assistants very quickly.  The only light being London and Wakefield also struggling although the latter are 6 points ahead, a couple of wins for them in the next few weeks during which time Bradford play (and will likely be hammered by) Warrington, Saints, Huddersfield and Catalans (away) and might seal their fate.

When ownership changed they did say that there were not many players available until after Easter and in fairness that was demonstrated by the Giants recalling Anthony Mullally for at least these 2 fixtures. Please feel free to send Langley and Eden over, free of course as there is no money!!!!!

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 22 Apr 2014, 2:13 am

Saw the score, Wigan do have a habit of getting 80 on Easter Monday( last year it was US who conceded over 80, at least you were away, we weren't). Like I said to you after our game against you, you're a willing side, but have no direction on the field, and need the experienced players to step up. Hopefully you can bring in some new players to give you that bit of a gee up.
Biggest problem in my opinion wasn't the 6 point deduction (though that obviously didn't help), but how long it took for someone to take over, if that was done a few weeks earlier than you may have got in a few players.
Langley's playing with a vigour, that he needs after a few years in his comfort zone, nd has been playing very good. Eden. Plays in a position that you don't really need as have cover

Good Easter weekend for Wigan, Cas, Huddersfield & Leeds Catalans as they won both games.. Bad Easter weekend for Saints,Wakefield,London Salford & Bradford (sorry Beast), as they lost both.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 28 Apr 2014, 9:17 pm

Happy with the Arundel & Pitts loan signings Beast? I rate Pitts as does a Leeds fan I know, think he could be a quality signing for you.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Tue 29 Apr 2014, 7:43 pm

tigerrobins wrote:Happy with the Arundel & Pitts loan signings Beast? I rate Pitts as does a Leeds fan I know, think he could be a quality signing for you.

Yes I am, both good players signings however I am not getting carried away they are season loan signings as were Anthony Mullally and Danny Bridge who have been recalled by their respective parent clubs (Hudds & Wire) as could these two anytime after a month. Bradford are apparently looking to bring someone else in before the weekend (Wire at home), whom and on what basis (loan/permanent) I have no idea, hopefully another Prop.

I suspect I know the answer but how do you feel about Eden going on loan to Salford? I thought he would be a major force, doesn't appear to be happening.....at least for now.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 30 Apr 2014, 1:43 am

Surprised and not surprised. I've always thought that Cockayne is a very good FB and winger is not his position, and he's that he's a better player when more involved. With also Hall & Guzdek (a very talented young FB), I thought one would leave though thought it would be Hall.
I do feel Rovers have missed a trick with Eden, and that as a stand off he would be excellent and it would nullify his weaknesses and that we didn't need Keating.

As for your loan signings, Can't see Pitt being recalled, as to many players ahead of him, Arundel a strange one, and he's never really been given a chance, makes you wonder why they bought him in the first place. With Fakir your pack is being to look strong. Though do agree, need to get more than just loans(or at least get them on season long loans).
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Fri 02 May 2014, 7:38 pm

Bradford sign Antonio Kaufusi on a months' loan from the Giants, good timing before Sunday vs Wire with Manuokafoa and Fakir injured, the latter possibly for several weeks.  Without him it would be another game with only 1 recognised Prop (Adam Sidlow).

I believe he was a target in the off-season but they did not go for him due to the overseas players rule and apparently Heath L'estrange at that time was staying and they would have been over the quota.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 06 May 2014, 11:35 am

Great win on Sunday, off the bottom, signing loan players for fun, might even Sign someone permanent, and could be allowed to sign overseas players.

Beast, are you sober yet? and just how do you react to good news after the news you usually get?

Just a thought, but if your Betts or Powell (especially Widnes given the draw), do you target the Challange cup? It's a greatoopportunity to finally win something, plus it depends on the day. Be great if one or both get there, something new given how it's the usual suspects every year.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Wed 07 May 2014, 5:20 pm

Yes thank you surprised, delighted and feeling much better HOWEVER, the Bulls are 6 points adrift of safety (subject to the appeal for the points deduction) with 16 games to go so realistically they are still IMO pretty firm favourites to join London in the Championship next year.

If I am Betts or Powell whilst I would focus on the League its got to be nice to lead the team out to Wembley.

I must admit I thought you had your game in the bag on Sunday watching the scores whilst listening to the Bulls commentary, I still think you can make the top 8 and if you are feeling down I will happily swap!

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 11 May 2014, 5:00 pm

Bulls 0 Saints 50, no surprise only 2 props available + no Foster, Donaldson, Ferguson and Luke Gale with any number having to play out of position.  Wins for Wakey and a draw for Salford IMO unless there is a significant reducation in the points deduction (I can see 2 points max) currently 8 points adrift 15 games to play inc. Saints, Hudds (+ Millennium match), Wire, Cats, Cas, Leeds all away + Wigan at home = HOT relegation now favourites.

Point lost or gained for KR Tiger?

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 16 May 2014, 3:03 am

Probably a point gained, apparently we didn't play that well, and Phil Bentham was well Phil Bentham (ie dosn't realise that if you penalise one side for something you should probably penalise the other for doing the same thing).

Unfortunately despite thinking you may stay up, I feel you will go down now, especially given that Wakefield keep winning games that they should lose. Though I feel that this 2 league thing next year could be in your benefit, I do feel sorry as no one should get away with what they have done to Bradford, but it seems they have and it's the fans that have to suffer the consequences.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 17 May 2014, 10:30 pm

Well played today Tiger and into the top 8, I can see you making it if the form continues.  notworthy  

Bulls I fear will be hammered tomorrow, hot day, fast pitch, only 1 recognised prop (Sidlow) and possibly others playing who are not really fit but there is literally no-one else.  Sad 

Where is Kenny? Hope he is OK

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Sun 18 May 2014, 9:10 pm

Castleford were brilliant again today

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 19 May 2014, 2:04 am

The Beast wrote:Well played today Tiger and into the top 8, I can see you making it if the form continues.  notworthy  

Bulls I fear will be hammered tomorrow, hot day, fast pitch, only 1 recognised prop (Sidlow) and possibly others playing who are not really fit but there is literally no-one else.  Sad 

Been working so only seen brief highlights (apart from 1st HALFS of the Catalan & Cas games), but yeah we did look good, and like I've said before I think we are a hot weather side. Hopefully can continue though I feel the bottom of the top 8 will be the nail biter this year.
Unfortunately your prediction came true, Pace seems to get you from what I've seen.

Don't know about Kenny, though I also hope that he's well and okay.

Your right Top, thought Cas were excellent from what I saw, got them in a couple of weeks at there place (a game I'm going to), should be a cracker.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 27 May 2014, 2:57 am

The date of Bradford's appeal against the 6 point deduction, is next Wednesday (4th). Whilst I have nothing against Bradford, I do feel that they went into administration so they have to deal with the penalty, (though did feel 4 would have been enough). Sorry Beast.

Though I do feel, that they either lose all 6, or get all 6 back. And that giving them a couple of points is wrong.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 27 May 2014, 4:54 am

The Beast wrote:Well played today Tiger and into the top 8, I can see you making it if the form continues.  notworthy  

I got an email from his Missus. He's had a health scare but hopefully will be OK. He's in good hands is what I've been told.

Miss him on here too.
He is still making his superbru picks on a very regular basis (and doing pretty well I might add)... so I take that as a good sign.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 27 May 2014, 1:10 pm

Linebreaker wrote:

I got an email from his Missus. He's had a health scare but hopefully will be OK. He's in good hands is what I've been told.

Miss him on here too.
He is still making his superbru picks on a very regular basis (and doing pretty well I might add)... so I take that as a good sign.

Thanks for that LB, hope he gets back to full health soon.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Wed 28 May 2014, 5:07 pm

Just to add, thank you Linebreaker and again, best wishes to Kenny and family get well soon.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 01 Jun 2014, 8:15 pm

BIG win for you today Beast, and from what I heard a good performance as well. Need to back it up though.

As for Rovers absolutely dire performance, and worrying.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 01 Jun 2014, 11:25 pm

tigerrobins wrote:BIG win for you today Beast, and from what I heard a good performance as well. Need to back it up though.

As for Rovers absolutely dire performance, and worrying.

Yes absolutely essential, listened to the game on the radio, not sure it was a great performance against a injury hit team. First half yep, good stuff, the second half however Wakey had the better of it and could have won. A win is great but they won't avoid relegation playing like that even if the appeal this week even is semi-successful.

Wouldn't worry too much everyone has bad days and Cas are flying, still think you might catch Cats and or Widnes.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 22 Jun 2014, 3:19 am

Beast,

What did you think to Friday, I only saw the highlights as was working. But I thought we were average, while you were poor, especially in defence.

Still I think I've got the answer to your coaching situation for next year. Brian Noble in a director of rugby role, with Glenn Morrison as head coach. He knows the division, and players required. Plus he knows your younger players do to the dual registration set up between the sides. What do you think?
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 22 Jun 2014, 9:00 am

Agreed, with regard to Friday Bulls started well but have very little creativity to put points on the board.  As the game progressed the usual tactic of repeatedly dropping the ball kicked in. Defence?  At the Bulls defence is something that goes round the degarden.  Taking nothing away from KR, solid foundation laid by the pack, good defence and Hodgson/Burns taking over the game creating opportunities for the excellent Craig Hall, Welham et al.

By the way, hope you can keep Hodgson, excellent player IMO. Still think you might sneak into the 8.

Noble/Morrison does indeed sound good as you say an excellent blend whether they can a, afford them and b, attract them is of course another matter. A major re-build will be of course needed in the Championship as the better players who are still battling (e.g. Elliott Kear) and at least 3 of 4 overseas players will go.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 22 Jun 2014, 1:11 pm

That's been your problem all year from what I can tell and bits I've seen beast, a lack of creativity making you fairly easy to play against. And a defence that's eithere solid for 10 mins then falls apart or just falls apart from the off. Your outside defense has been poor all season.

Hodgson has improved immensely this year (still takes the wrong option a few to many times), but has probably been Rovers best player this year. Word is Leeds want him (especially given what's happening with Aiton), hopefully he willssTay (he's under contract), but should get a good fee if he goes. And Carlisle not a bad back up.
As for top 8, don't think we're good enough.

Thing with a clear out, is who's gone want to by the players Gale, Kear possibily, but none of the others have done anything.
But I do feel that you need it, out with the dead wood in with the new hungry players. Though I hope you don't do what we did when we went down. Just bringin loads of players each year to try and get you out with no looking towards the future (come to think of it we STILL doing that). Oh yeah, and take 12 years to get back up.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Mon 23 Jun 2014, 12:55 pm

Again I agree the Bulls defence is awful, compounded by continually giving possession away putting them under unnecessary pressure.

Glenn Morrison has confirmed that he is interested in the Post of Head coach, slightly concerned due to his comment "Getting a head coach role in Super League is what everyone wants to do."  The elephant in the room being the league table! Rumour has it that John Kear has held discussions as has James Lowes, sounds like a decision may be sooner rather than later.

Regarding taking 12 years to get back to SL, I do think with the new structure that it will be very difficult, the Championship salary cap being half of SL. Even in a one-off game you can count the number of times lower league sides have beaten SL teams in the Challenge Cup.  It will be competitive, Leigh on fire, Featherstone looking to go full time with significant investment and Halifax will be also be a threat so there is something to look forward to.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 24 Jun 2014, 3:00 am

Agree about the championship next year, Leigh, Featherstone and Halifax look strong. Sheffield though being poor this year, have quality (getting to 3 grand finals in a row, and winning 2 means your a good side). Batley & Dewsbury can't be underestimated. Keighley have apparently been playing well this year (hell of alot of west Yorkshire derbies for you next year).

Plus A) you will be the side that pretty much every championship side will want to beat (possibly more than London). And B) what will be the make up of your side next year, everyone else are already making signings in that division plus have a duel registration club. You could have a short space of time to try and get everybody together. want
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Tue 24 Jun 2014, 7:56 pm

Whilst this seems negative the sooner relegation is confirmed the better at least in the longer term as they can get on with the re-build.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sun 12 Oct 2014, 2:05 pm

[quote="The Beast"]Whilst this seems negative the sooner relegation is confirmed the better at least in the longer term as they can get on with the re-build.[/quote
Om a personal level I'm not a big fan of P & R, but i stress that only my opinion.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 20 Sep 2015, 5:02 am

Great win for Bradford yesterday, near on confirms there participation in the 4 v 5 game, if not a chance for third (given Salford are away to Widnes & Hull KR), that is not out of reality.

Also which people would stop banging on about Leeds's poor performance's (though which they could have done this for a spell against us in the cup final, so we could have possibily got a try), they'd already qualified before there immense Wembley win, it was guaranteed they would lose some intensity at some point.
Also just how good were those 2 tries by Cas in the second half, outstanding rugby especially for the Roberts one.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 20 Sep 2015, 9:17 am

Very pleased yesterday, good win. Difference in IMO from the KR game was (apart from having one halfback and an actual fullback and KR are a significantly better side) was they played to a simple game plan ran hard and straight and did not dick around with moves that they do not have the skill for. I agree with Tiger in regard to their defence but it greatly magnified when you constantly turn possession over in your own half, completion rate yesterday must have been good and a massive improvement on the last 2 weeks.

Wakey beating Fax last night I think confirms a spot in the million pound game however this I think is likely to be away to Salford or Wakey either of whom will be favourites.

People are now questioning Leigh, they play a great brand of rugby, however perhaps it is not suited to the end of season format. Sad perhaps but you have to complete your sets particularly against SL opposition. Derek Beaumont is getting some stick and he does appear to have a number of seemingly unnecessary "arguments " with various people however my question is with 5 mins to go, Leigh score and potentially get back into the game what the hell was he doing talking to Paul Rowley????

Agree with the Leeds sentiments albeit I think they could do with a week off which they are not going to get. Listened to the Cas game on the radio, fantastic, looking forward to see the Roberts try, Luke Gale for England?

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 21 Sep 2015, 2:18 am

Personally Yes, Gale should be playing for England in the test series, there has not been a better scrum half in SL this season. But given McNamara's treatment of Brough & Brown, wouldn't suprise me if we get Smith again.

After today's result, looks like it will be against Wakey in the million pound game. Not sure weather you should be happy with that or not, given what they did to you in the league game.

With regards Leigh, the game they needed to win was against us in the 1st week. We hadn't won an away league game outside of Hull all season, had no first team half backs, and had just competed in the semi final, in what you would imagine was a mentally and physically taken something out of us. To be 24-6 up, and lose you would imagine would drain some of there confidence out of them, and since then they look a shadow of the league side they were. Also the pressure everybody put them under (me included), expecting them to do well may have also taken it's toll.

I don't get Warrington's recruitment for next year, Gidley & Dodds for a year while getting rid of Monahan and O'Brein (spelling), just seems daft to me.
Though if I was in charge of Rovers recruitment, I would be looking at O'Brein and thinking, give him a long term contract saying that he will be back up for the moment, but once Campese or Kelly goes he will become our no 1 choice.
Plus we could give both off them rests while having a decent stand in.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Tue 22 Sep 2015, 8:25 pm

I am happy that Bradford are in the million pound game and perhaps more importantly beaten Leigh which IMO with the win over Salford shows they have "earned" the chance and eased the pain of poor performances v Wakey, Widnes and KR.

To be honest I have always thought that it will be tough for any Championship side to be promoted and with the previous fixture its difficult to make an argument for the Bulls winning. What I do think is clear is that whoever wins will need to seriously strenghten their squad to avoid being hammered week in week out in 2016, a good few Wakey players on show are at least at the moment not signed up for next year, some e.g. Mullaney definately going (Leeds).

Warrington have appeared confused for some time which I think has led to their finishing position. O'Brien did sign for Bradford (loan) pre-season but Wire/he chose to fight for his place. I suspect he will have a reasonable choice where to go next.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 23 Sep 2015, 1:34 am

If Leigh's chairman's comments in a local newspaper is right, that they are just not going to bother with the salary cap next year are right.
This just amounts to cheating in my opinion.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Wed 23 Sep 2015, 6:58 pm

Man of Steel nominations are;

Zak Hardaker
Alex Walmsley
Adam Cuthbertson

I am surprised there is no Kallum Watkins, any thoughts? Of the three from what I have seen (admittedly not that much) I would go for Cuthbertson.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 26 Sep 2015, 8:54 pm

The fact it's only 3 and this year there have been plenty of outstanding players (could add Gale, Teia, Whitehead as well), is the only reason for Watkins not being there I think.

I would give it to Hardaker, but think it will be Cuthbertson.

Really bad result for you today Beast.
I know they rested players, but after that you've got to fancy Wakey more now for next week.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 26 Sep 2015, 9:08 pm

My thinking is that Hardaker's suspension earlier this year might count again him, we'll see.

What a finish last night (Leeds/Hudds) WOW.

Bradford.........I have no words in my vocabulary to describe the "performance" today. Yes, players rested but really............well played Fax. Hard to believe they are some of them are well paid full time professionals.

Saw a rumour today.....over to that section.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 03 Oct 2015, 10:19 pm

Congratulations to Wakefield who retain their place in SL after winning the "Million Pound" game today.

Pretty disappointing, not a great game, Wakey were very much beatable IMO but the Bulls not quite sharp enough, particularly in the halves. Worrying noises coming from the club regarding cost cutting (Asst. Coach Karl Harrison already rumoured to be going) and possibily going part-time, hard to see a way back to SL if so. Best case scenario another 23 "pre-season" games and hammerings from SL teams who next year will see their salary caps increase via the marquee player rule.

Not sure I'd be too happy if I were a Wakey fan either, Brian Smith admitted post game that little has changed, they are a long way behind the rest of SL. Potentially another 23 mostly painful games to come and a scramble to retain SL status on the last day.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Mon 05 Oct 2015, 4:46 pm

Bradford Bulls CEO Steve Ferres confirms that the team will remain full time next year. I was going to say good news, but it is essential, Leigh, London, Sheffield will be full time and to the best of my knowledge Halifax are not far off.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Wed 07 Oct 2015, 2:36 pm

The Beast wrote:Bradford Bulls CEO Steve Ferres confirms that the team will remain full time next year.  I was going to say good news, but it is essential, Leigh, London, Sheffield will be full time and to the best of my knowledge Halifax are not far off.
I enjoyed the Championship games i did see i must admit

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 11 Oct 2015, 8:11 am

Congratulations to Leeds Rhinos, Grand Final winners, completing the treble for the first time since 2006. Terrific end to the season, I will admit to tipping Wigan to win and I thought they were going to after an hour, I cannot help but think it was an error to kick the penalty to lead 20 - 16 when Leeds looked like they were on the rack. Perhaps I am being unkind? Leeds are a great side, pleased they have won a deserved treble.

A number were playing their last game, special mention I think should be for Sinfield & Peacock, home grown special players who IMO are genuine role models on and off the field, good luck for your future careers.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next